The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Scarred Nobody, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

For the past year, three of the Haruhi Suzumiya Series books (originally written by Nagaru Tanigawa) have been offically translated into the English language. The novels have had their hit with anime fans thanks to the hit series The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. This novel, the third in the series, is a series of short stories about the inbetween times between the first two books (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya).

It may sound totally biased, but I loved this book. I was able to finish it all in one night. Each short story has an anime episode but it was good to imagine it through my own mind. It also gives deeper thought into the characters and the situation you are in. It also had humerous moments and great plot developement.

This book will be a definite BUY for the fans of the series! For everyone else, see if you can borrow it and try it out for yourself. Of course, you can just watch the anime. (And in my opinion, it is much better than The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner.

2. P Banned

[highlight]Aren't all the books fan-translated online? Admittedly reading on print is a lot nicer, but I'm still throwing it out there.[/highlight]​

3. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

That's why I posted offically in my initial post. I know there may be fan traslations, but something about waiting for the next novel release seems kind of exciting.