{ѕуηcняσηιcιту}

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Jayn, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

Special thanks to FuzzyBlueLights. c:

Accepted profiles, skeleton, faq found HERE.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

¢яєαтσя'ѕ ησтє: PLEASE READ.(or just skim for the colored parts)

• THIS IS NOT A VOCALOID ROLE PLAY. I just used Vocaloid for the graphics. It's based off of a song.

This role-play will work differently than the majority of my role-plays on this site. Firstly, I’m working with a slot system. This means that there are a limited amount of slots open for main characters, so if you are interested, I suggest you make a profile as soon as possible and post it, in the OOC lounge, link can be found above. PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR PROFILE HERE.. Secondly, I am not looking for lengthy profiles. Personally, I think that profiles (especially biographies) are a pain in the ass, and time consuming for no reason and to be frank, I don’t really care about your character’s personality, past and all of that. I’d much rather it be a surprise and let the posts and storyline speak for themselves.

Secondly, if you want to join this role play, then join. Even if you're not sure. Whether you know me or the other role players or not, or you think I’m a terrible person or even if we’re mortal enemies for some reason that’s probably stupid, join. There will be a lot of benefits for you. I know that not most people on KHV are not on the same level in terms of skill, dedication or experience. What I’m planning on is to make a sort of community. There will be an MSN group, and of course the OOC thread and other methods of contact. There will be tutorials offered including graphics (the way I do banners and titles and such), how to BS a paragraph or two when there’s nothing to say/do, RP structure, how to recruit role-players without sounding like a forceful ******, and how to role play with a limited amount of people. Not to mention, you get more people to join your own role plays.

Thirdly, whether it takes years, 4-5 different threads or even moving to a different site, this role play will finish. IT WILL FINISH. Even if you feel the need take weeks at a time to post, or have massive writers block, or the role-play stalls, it will FINISH. This includes myself. I have the habit of vanishing from my own role plays, which means that the people role playing with me should not be afraid to get on my ass about it. If my computer crashes, or I lose Internet service, I will put someone else in charge and give them instructions. Now this massive amount of commitment only really applies to the main characters.

Also, even though I tend to write massive amounts of text, you are not required to. The minimum is one and a half paragraphs, including quotes.

However, if there is nothing much to say/do I will post in the OOC forum some suggestions, and for the time, short / filler posts are permitted until I say otherwise.

If you don't post in time to be a "main character", then all that means is that you create an OC that really has no relation to the main plot. They don't have a specific role to fill. Howeverrrr, there are "upgrades" available. Which means that if you are diligent and your character has enough depth, I will MAKE a "part" for you to play, so that you have a purpose for the entire role play.

There will be some parts that I will play that I'm playing because I feel I have to, not because I want to. So if I take a part that you really wanted, you can come to me and fill out an application for that particular character. Don't be offended if you don't get them, I'm extremely picky and you'll have to pretty much take directions from me on what to do with them on a constant, so the plot goes as planned.

At this point you might be thinking, “Holy crap, it’s a role-play, what’s wrong with you?â€

Well…I’m a visionary.

[​IMG]

ѕтσяу

• Why do I feel so empty?

Why do I feel like I’ve lost something?

Why do I find such comfort in a stranger’s voice?

The quaint kingdom of Paradise faces a deadly crisis. There exists a dragon, eager to hunt down and kill villagers with no remorse. Only a dragon diva can calm and tame the wild beast, reducing it’s rage to nothing. A young woman is selected to sing prayers to the dragon and keep it in its place. The tradition is passed along and continues no matter how many young women are sacrificed to this “god". The young woman is trained and prepared all her life for this, sentenced to this fate until she starves or collapses from exhaustion. Law takes this tradition and validates it, making sure that the dragon never attempts to destroy the kingdom again, and this realm lives in constant fear of this all-powerful dragon. Because of the dragon’s influence over the kingdom, the realm’s main religion is “dragonismâ€, also known as the Draconic faith. The kingdom worships this dragon, and is generally more than happy to let these sacrifices carry on. That is, until a young boy decides that enough is enough.

The fearless boy was separated from his twin sister at birth, and dedicates his life to finding and breaking this cruel cycle. Along the way, others began to rebel and join his side, traveling across the kingdom to the Cave of the Dragon, where the Diva remains waiting. No matter how frightening or violent things get, they will press onward, risking their life to end the tradition that has kept the kingdom safe all these years.

…Why do I call a name I shouldn’t know?​

[​IMG]

ι ∂ση'т gєт ιт.

• The goal of the role play is to save the Diva and end the awful cycle; Which will probably mean that the dragon will have to be slayed after so that the kingdom can live peacefully. Your job is to cooperate with the Hero in achieving this common goal. If you are a BAD GUY, your goal is bring down this group of people trying to ruin the cycle. You’re a heavy believer in Dragonism and think this is morally wrong and sinful.

яσℓєѕ

• The King [MALE] [TAKEN BY FUZZYBLUELIGHTS]
                The all powerful Fuzzy B.

The Queen [FEMALE] [TAKEN BY JAYN]

The all powerful Jayn.

The DIVA [FEMALE] [TAKEN BY JAYN]

When the D.I.V.A and her twin borther were born, soliders came to their door with a Royal Decree, and take the baby girl away, so that she will grow up to dance for the dragon. As of now, the chosen Diva dances and sings for this dragon. Though her and her brother were separated as babies and have therefore never actually met each other, it's important to note that because of mysterious powers of twin telepathy, they are not only aware of each other's existence, but also receive periodic visions and impressions of each other's appearance, voice, and personality. This is why the Hero is able to fight so desperately for a sister he has never met, and why she can hope with such confidence that her brother will come and save her. They may never have met, but this is not to say that they don't know each other.

The Dragon [FEMALE] [TAKEN BY FEARLESS]

She was actually a dragon herself once, an exceptionally powerful and magical one who had the ability to periodically take on a human form. Long ago, she was enslaved by the priests of dragonism, who put a mask on her that not only forced her to stay in human form, but also blurred her memory of being a dragon and allowed them to control her.

*Key Things:

She can summon "Shadow Creatures", beings who attack the others.

She too will change sides, towards the end, when someone breaks her mask.

The Oracle [FEMALE] [TAKEN BY P]

Not only a noble, but also a priestess (sometimes called an "Prophetess") of dragonism. Fundamentally, this means that she will stop at nothing to make sure that the Dragon Diva system continues undisturbed. Despite her devotion, she actually knows less about the dragon and the system surrounding then most of them.

*Key Things:

She switches sides somewhere in there.
                She can preform very basic magic, and has visions.

The Mercenary/Jester [TAKEN BY LILBUENO]

He is a traveling “trickster†who also seems to double as a mercenary, given his apparent fighting ability. Not much is known about him or his past. He is undoubtedly an ally to the Hero and gang, using his profession to get close to the kingdom and the King and Queen. He disguises his immense fighting knowledge with that of a simple jester.

*Key Things:
                He has immense knowledge of the castle.
                He's probably the best fighter among them.

The Scholar [MALE] [TAKEN BY TWILIGHT KNIGHT]

A scholar and dragonism expert serving at the Oracle’s court. Long ago, when he was a child, his grandfather was the kingdom's leading expert on dragonism, and the only living person to know all of the dragon's secrets. After his grandfather's death, he and his mother were invited to come live at court, since it was known that the old scholar had been grooming his grandson to be his successor. His mother, for unknown reasons, committed suicide by throwing herself off the palace roof.

His status as a dragonism expert probably explains his involvement in the Oracle’s plans, given the latter's apparent obsession with the faith. After he decides that he will no longer help her, is arrested, and is subsequently rescued and brought into the main group. He puts his knowledge of the dragon to good use as he aids in his quest to break the Draconic cycle.

*Key Things:
                He, of course, changes sides and rebels and is imprisoned.
                He’s an expert on Dragonism, but also has awesome fighting skills.
                He may have had feelings for the “oracleâ€.

The Knight [FEMALE] [TAKEN BY FIREKEYBLADE]

She was the daughter of a noble, while her best friend was a commoner, and, in the time before their eventual separation, both were very good candidates to become the next Dragon Diva. Since her best friend came from a less prestigious family than her, she was the one who ended up being chosen, even though, had social classes not factored into the equation, the Knight would have been the more likely candidate.

The knight urged her friend to refuse her burden, to run away, to do everything in her power not to become the next Diva. Unfortunately, as her best friend knew, if this were to happen, the mantle of the Diva would fall, without question, on the Knight herself, so her best friend chose to accept her fate, despite the grim future that she knew was awaiting her. To this day, even after her best friends death, the Knight blames herself for the sacrifice her friend made for her, finding solace only in the grief of her loss, and the anger at the culture of dragonism for causing it. During their fight, Meiko realizes that the Hero is just like her, in that he only wants to rescue his sibling, and she would have done exactly the same thing if she had the chance.

*Key things:
                She eventually turns her sword to the Oracle, realizing that she lied to her.

[​IMG]

яυℓєѕ

• ☨ I am Goddess. Don’t backsass me, my rules go and I have the right to add more or modify.

☨ No godmodding. If you don’t know what that word means, leave. Now.

☨ At least five sentences a post. That’s a small paragraph, you can do it.

☨ No killing anyone without permission from both me and the person.

☨ Don’t spam this thread with questions. If you have one, please take it to the OOC lounge.

☨ No excessive cussing. There’s no need.

☨ Sex goes to PM, MSN, somewhere else. I’d rather not even go there. If you feel this RP is so arousing that you must mention some kind of sex scene, skip to the “morning afterâ€.

☨ If you feel you need an extra big of guidance, don't be afraid to put your RP level a bit lower. It's okay. I'm here to help, that's the point. I'll give you a lot more leeway if you're honest with me.

☨ And again, for the sake of my nerves and to prevent a seizure, please use some kind of pretty
                color for your font. Nothing hard too dark, nothing too blinding, or default.

☨ I am requiring you to use something to signify someone is speaking For example:

The girl walked over to the guy. “Hey, what’s up?†Then went on about their business.

☨ If you’re leaving, going to disappear, tell me.

☨READ THE ROLEPLAY. THIS IS IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL. DO IT. ALL OF IT. READ. I WILL GIVE YOU SO MUCH HELL IF YOU DIDN’T READ AND END UP DOING SOMETHING I SAID NOT TO.

[​IMG]

2. Jayn

• Dear Role-Players,

Time for your starting positions, yay, right? ​
                You get these positions because otherwise we’d all just be wandering around aimlessly. So firstly…the King and Queen will only come around if they’re needed which is why they have such an—err, limited bio. Next, we have the Hero. You will start in a random inn somewhere. You can make up the name and everything, but you’re already in the process of traveling and searching for your twin. The Oracle will be in the courtyard of the castle, you can toy around with this and the Scholar will be leaving the library of the castle, running in the Oracle somewhere along there. The Scholar is already having doubts about his position, and isn’t sure how to bring it up to the Oracle. That will, of course result in his imprisonment (you guys can space this out however long you’d like, and there should be some kind of argument.) The Jester will be in the Inn as well. That puts him and the Hero in one place, quickening the meeting process. He’ll be on his way to the castle, for something, be creative. The Knight will be at the castle as well. She can be near where the Oracle and Scholar are, and eventually accompany the Scholar to his cell. That means all of you have interaction with each other, yay. The rest is completely up to you. Just wanted to get this up and running.

Happy posting,
                Jayn. <3

If you have any questions, ask away in the OOC thread.

[​IMG]
                [​IMG]

Just tell me that you're scared...
                怖いよ…
                Just tell me that you’re lonely…
                寂しいよう…

And I’ll be right there.

Late into the night, the ice fell and fell—sparkling ivory diamonds spinning and twirling into the blanket of crystals below. The cold quilt of snow was untouched, inches upon inches of it smooth and shimmering. This entire icy splendor occurred with no interruptions. There were machines growling and hissing their fury, no chorus of unconnected voices ringing and echoing throughout the space, no footsteps crunching and grinding the fragile ice crystals into the silver pavement hidden beneath the sparkling veil. It was an unearthly sight, but then again, this wasn’t Earth. This was a dream. Who this dream belonged to was not important yet, for she would not remember it upon her waking up (for she would like to believe that she would not wake up). Lights loomed silently over the hidden roads and sidewalks, casting their gracious tangerine glow down below. There were no shadows, because light and darkness interacted differently here. There were no clouds either; the snow seemingly falling and drifting down from a hazy swirl of pastel colors—too hazy and unfocused to be called a sky, but too strange and shapeless to be called a ceiling.

Finally, a gentle sigh sounded. It was deafening in comparison to the shattered silence that previously dominated the infinite space, and the one who uttered it was the holder of the dream. Long golden tresses fell perfectly down her back, held in place by twin sapphire ribbons that matched the navy blue of her gown. Even in sleep she couldn’t escape the uniform of the Diva. With dancer-like steps, she began to move through the snow. There were no footsteps left embedded in the snow, no cold biting at her skin—Just silence.

Her chin lifted and she could feel the warmth of liquid pricking at her lashes as she gazed up into the empty stars above, pressing her lips together as she felt herself begin to slip back into reality, a fading tall figure in the distance not turning once to look back at her.

“Where are you…?â€

And all was disillusioned.

[​IMG]
                [​IMG]

The sky falls and you’re stepping on broken clouds,

As the sun melts away and you’re left all alone,
                You think to yourself;

â€What a beautiful day.â€

Adrenaline started to kick in. She knew the feeling well. Things began to slow down, her mind sharper than before. She could feel it. Every part of her body was working together to control her nerves; Blood cells dilating, heart stimulating, and muscles tightening. Her breathing became more controlled—deep, no longer effortless. She took in the atmosphere and considered every possible factor in the situation in nearly a single instant. The lighting was dim enough and the space was large enough for her to be able to retract if need be. She was positioned at the end of the long hall leading back to the entrance of the castle, her destination. The moment to act would arrive in three, two…

Slam.

“One,†The girl breathed in sharply, eyes set straight ahead. Her stomach turned at what she may find this time as she picked her pace up and broke into a sprint. Her footsteps beat heavily against the old floor, her breathing matching their speed. As usual, the hallway began to seem even longer than normal. It was as if she was climbing a mountain. With every step taken, she felt as though sharp granite and rock was digging into the soles of her feet. Her body weight seemed tripled, doubt and worry weighing upon her. Her lips were dry, lungs forcefully pushing carbon-dioxide between them until finally she reached the door. A gasp of relief left her as she forced the doors open and stepped out into the cold air. Long black hair framed her cheeks and warmed her bare shoulders, the blood-colored dress from earlier still hugging her shape snuggly.

Suddenly, it occurred to her just how easily she had escaped, through the front even. She no longer heard the footsteps behind her, nor did she hear any shouting or threats. Now that she thought about it, she didn’t hear anything. Not the wind--though the leaves in the trees were rustling—or her hard breathing, or the fabric of her gown shifting. It was silent. This was the silence that haunted her, and she felt the fear settling back into her stomach. She took a soundless step forward, her joints stiff with the terror she felt, and suddenly a cold mist brushed against the open small of her back. Her spine tingled and she whipped around, attempting to release more of a whimper than a cry and trying to straighten herself.

As she turned back around to continue her escape, her eyes widened. In front of her stood the silent and ever-smiling Sync—former Dragon and Priestess of the Castle. She stood taller than the young girl and wore her traditional ruby-colored robe and the white masquerade mask. She stood like a perfect statue, silent as ever. And finally, as the small girl stumbled back towards the castle, she took a step forward.

“…I’m sorry! I’ll go back, I swear, I’ll go back, I’ll be trained—I’ll—I’ll dance! I’ll dance, I’ll pray, I swear to you, I’m so sorry, I’m so sorry.†These thoughts of repentance screamed loud in girls head, but of course she couldn’t hear herself. Sync only reached a hand forwards and took the woman’s chin between her thumb and index finger. Her lips never moved from that perfect, flawless smile she wore. Warmth pulsed through the cowering, soft girl before her but her fear was too deeply embedded for this to calm her. Pure terror ran through every inch of her and she could feel her heart straining, trying not to burst.

The darkness around her started to close in and as Sync’s eyes locked onto her own and that familiar quiet giggle left her throat, the Diva-in-training broke free of the spell of silence she had fallen prey to, propelling a heart-shattering screech—suddenly aware of the elongated claws and figures grabbing at her from behind, ripping at her clothing, scratching at her skin, tugging at her hair.

Sync let go of the child’s chin, taking a few steps back and turning away, her footsteps silent as she faded into the distance.

[/CENTER]

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• If all good things come to an end, then what about the bad?
    • Am I cursed to never see the fruits of the life I wish I had?

"Now what about this?!" Celio yelled with a grin as he did a backflip. He landed in a kneeling position, his head facing down and his right arm outstretch to his right. On his palm landed a plate and he quickly moved it to catch a series of glasses he had thrown in the air before his flip. They all landed neatly on the plate as he moved his hand along with the motion. The crowd cheered once again. "Thank you! Thank you!" He grinned again as he stood up, dropping the plate onto the nearest table. Out of the corner of his eye, the bartender eyed him carefully and raised the glass he had been pouring for him. "That's all for now, everyone. Maybe I'll do some more after a drink!" He walked towards the counter of the bar of the inn he was staying in as the crown groaned, disappointed.

"Here ya go. That was some fancy tricks ya had there," the bartender said as he handed Celio his glass.

Celio simply nodded as he sat down and took a drink. He swallowed the first few sips before putting the glass down, his left fingers holding the glass carefully. "Thanks. Whatever a jester can do to make people laugh, a jester does," Celio said with a mock smile.

"A jester? With a sword like that?" The bartender asked as he poured a drink for another customer. He would have figured the silver-haired young man was a soldier. "Don't worry about this drink either," he said, "You paid with entertainment, jester," he told him as he handed the other patron his drink.

Celio chuckled and tapped his glass. "Thanks, kind sir," he told him. In fact, that was his plan. He had no money of his own, but he had found most bartenders and saloon owners would give him free drinks if he could put on a show. But now he had to raise money if he wanted to stay in the inn for the night. "And the sword is just for protection," he said as he took another swallow, the sound of the glass making a clink as it hit the counter again. "A traveling jester shouldn't fall victims to the vile monsters of the wilderness. Just the other day I was attacked by a frog!" He raised his right arm in exclamation. It was covered entirely by his sleeve and glove. "I swear by the dragon itself, it must have had a lion's spirit!" The bartender laughed as he turned around to find a bottle.

4. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

Emile looked up through his prison bars. His arms hung from the criss-crossing bars. His head hung low. His hair had grown long since he was locked up. His glassy blue eyes stared at the prison guard as the other prisoners swore and spat at the guards. The guard in front of his cell stared back at him with dark, beady eyes. His eyebrow raised as he gazes at Emile's cell walls. Notes were scribbled all over the walls. All of them were scribbled in blood. Blisters covered his finger tips where he had bit them open so he could write. Emile raised his head and looked at the guard. "Water..."The guard just looked at him. After a few moments he got up and left down the hallway. A minute later he returned with a bowl of fresh water. He threw it at Emile. It hit him square in the head. Emile bent over and began to try and drink whatever water he could scoop up with his hands. The guard walked up to his cell.

Emile looked at the guard. His eyes were strong and unyielding. The guard looked at him with distaste. The guard raised his foot and quickly brought it down on Emile's hands. Emile shouted in pain. There was nothing he could do though. Even though he was once the proud scholar of this land, he was now a groveling prisoner. He crawled back to the back wall of his cell. He began to read his notes again, disregarding the prison guard insulting him in the background. He called him am"heretic" and various other things that to do with his defection from the accepted religion. Beneath the shouting and swearing of guards and prisoners he heard a faint tapping on the outside of his wall, and it was growing louder every moment.

5. P Banned

The Oracle arose, mind fuzzy from the natural gasses rising through her cave. How long had she been asleep? Was it mere minutes, or had weeks passed? She last remembered discussing the dragon in a bar - or was that merely a vision? It couldn't have been real, for she'd never reveal such secrets to mere commoners. Filled with a sudden desire to think clearly, Pythia drifted from her chair, causing the cold stone of her cave to send momentary shudders up her spine. For the first time in what felt like an eternity, Pythia made her way to the mouth of the rocky hole she had made her temple. At once, the cool air washed over her, sweeping away the drowsiness as though it were sand on a beach being washed flat by waves. The Oracle remembered it first. Then she remembered that she was trying to forget. She turned, and strode back into the gaping jaws of her home. The wall of gas assaulted her senses, driving out all sensation for a time. She slowly fell to the ground, to sleep. But the floor persistently jarred her, and no matter how much she tried to forget, it kept coming back. Realising the only way to get release was to confront her actions, she again stood, and quickly marched out of the cave, wrapping her red garment, which was little more than a blanket, around her.

What she had done was a necessary sacrifice, but it wormed away at her, for she had imprisoned her long-time friend for a crime he had not committed: Slaying the dragon. Admittedly, the dragon wasn't dead. In fact, no one had made an attempt on its life for the past three decades. The last fool who tried actually managed to get to face the holy beast. Pythia distinctly remembered seeing his charred corpse symbolically executed when she was a child. Despite this, he was imprisoned for that very crime, as it was seen in one of her visions. A mere toy, pierced through the middle with a quill. Not solid evidence of anything, yet it was enough to warrant her actions. She still remembered the aftermath of her childhood. The dragon had gone wild, despite the DIVA's best efforts. The entire south coast was completely ravaged. Fires burned for weeks on end, and countless villages were lost. She couldn't let that atrocity happen again, no matter what.

Wrapped in the sea breeze, her thoughts lucid, she called upon the boatman who lived in lived on her secluded island purely for the purpose of ferrying her, to take her to the mainland. Due to her close connection with the gods, or perhaps because of her chemical-addled brain, the next few hours passed in seconds, until she was staring at the outer wall of his cell. She had chosen to come here, she recalled, because it would not do for her to be seen consulting with a prisoner. Questions would be asked, problems would arise. Yet she had to find out his version of events, to see whether it was all a misunderstanding. There was a small window, but she was divided from Emile by rust-fettered bars of iron. Her back arched, she peered through at the pitiful man who was once her greatest friend as he desperately tried to lick up water from the ground. She tapped to get his attention, but it was swallowed up by the shouts and taunts of guards. She tapped harder and harder, then abruptly stopped, feeling as though she'd been waiting for hours. Weighing up her options, she decided that she tired of the ruse. No one would speak of her if she took precautions.

She walked around to the doorway of the prison, and had a sharp word with the warden. After relaying her request, she appended it with "Speak of this to no one." There was no need to add the "or else". The warden understood plainly what could happen if he were to go against the words of the person only second to the DIVA in proximity to the dragon. She had him call out Emile to a private cell, then dismissed him. Sitting opposite the prisoner, she stared at him with a piercing gaze. She forcefully spoke two words. "Explain yourself."

6. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

Emile got up lazily and gazed into the eyes of the people's "Oracle". "Explain myself how, Pythia? Should I explain that I am in this terrible place because I know the truth about this religion? Or how I cannot explain this truth to you because you are too deluded to see the truth for your self? Whatever I say you will dismiss as wrong. I can tell that there's no point. Look around you. I may see the truth but I still seek more answers." Emile pointed to the marking and scribbles of blood that covered the walls. "Alas, they wouldn't give me a writing utensil or paper." He looked into her strong eyes. He moved and leaned his body against the wall.

7. P Banned

The Oracle sighed in her heart, but kept her composture. "I have come to visit you, to question your motivations. How is it fair to shake these attentions off with such disregard? You are an intelligent man. You know the consequences of invoking God's wrath as well as I do. Only through our sacred religions do we retain His affection. Would you have us risk all of civilisation, for the sake of a foolish dream? Come, speak to me! Tell me what drives you to strike at the very heart of our society, lest I have you executed. For you are still my friend, and I would rather see you erased from the world than eternally remembered as the fool who again brought God's wrath down upon the land."

Having said her piece, Pythia stood and prepared to leave. She did not wish to kill her friend, but what she said was true. It would be a disservice to him to allow him to continue his journey, and he knew too much to be left alive. She decided she would do him the service of a private death, away from the harsh limelight of society. Not only would such a public, dramatised death dishonour his name, but it may inspire more misguided revolutionaries.

8. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

"If you wish to kill me then please, do as you wish. I will not stop you. You're right. I do know too much. But I do know this. This 'God', this dragon is the death of us all. And one day, you and all others will regret your actions when you are sent to oblivion. I would not want to see you of all people harmed but at the rate you are going you're going to die of an 'unnatural' death. One not caused by age or disease, one caused by the very thing you worship. We are human. And as humans we are imperfect. But this- this is insanity, even by my standards. But I do have one request. I want you to remember me. I want you to remember my bleeding corpse on the ground before you. I want to burned into my one, true friend's, mind for all of eternity. If that is alright with you of course."
    Suddenly, a fiery determination to live filled Emile's eyes. But still, he did not move.

9. P Banned

The Oracle Pythia halted for a brief second while he spoke, then replied, "I have seen nothing of what you speak of in my visions. If such an event occurs, it will be because I failed to prevent you from carrying out your intentions." Then she turned away from him, obscuring her face so he could not read it, and said in a weaker voice, as a friend, and not as an oracle, "I have no need to watch. I will see it again and again in my visions for years to come." Having done all she could, and made her peace, she walked out of the room. As she walked past the guard, she commanded, "Kill him, but try to make it swift. I'll make arrangements for the remains."

The guard nodded, and swung his large axe enthusiastically, causing the keys on his belt to jangle. "
    Will do ma'm!" he exclaimed, before ambling into the room, ready to perform his duty.

Pythia nodded. There was nothing more to be said. She quickly left the establishment, and in what seemed like mere seconds, was slumped in her usual chair, encased in noxious fumes which both tormented with and numbed her to the horrors of the world.

10. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Meiko Vermillion quickly rushed to the prison, forcing the doors open with a loud bang, as she tried to find the Oracle. Being a knight, she was supposed to stay with the Oracle at all time to protect her from harm, but this morning Meiko was still distraught over Emile's imprisonment. She herself had led him to his bleak cell without even an encouraging smile or even a tear. Then again, she hasn't cried a single drop since that day long ago. Meiko quickly dismissed the memory and hurried through the prison ignoring the guards and the prisoners' shouts and catcalls. She had to find Emile immediately, she had a feeling that the Oracle had acted rashly, that this whole incident was a mistake. Emile a heretic? A traitor? Ridiculous! He was the only scholar in the country who knew the most about the Dragon! How could he rebel against the faith? She just couldn't believe it. Emile was the Oracle's dearest friend, and since Meiko tended to always be in a close proximity of the Oracle, Emile became her dearest friend as well. What happened to those days of happiness where all three of them would talk, drink and eat together? Up ahead, Meiko saw the warden. She quickly tackled him to the ground, flipped him over and held his hands behind his back. "Where is he?!" she growled. "Where is Scholar Emile?!" "He's in cell 3! He's about to be executed! Ow! Please spare me, Crimson Knight!" Meiko swiftly let him go and sprinted to cell 3 just as she saw a guard go in drawing his blade. "HALT, GUARD!" She charged through the door before the lock clicked in place. Meiko shoved the guard to the wall and disarmed him. 'Who gave you this order to execute the Scholar?!" she interrogated him. "I-it was the Oracle, m-m-miss." Meiko turned to Emile calling him "Scholar" as she always did despite his frequent protests at first. "Scholar, are you all right?" She could see that he really wasn't, but she wanted to make sure that the guard didn't get to him before she arrived.

11. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

Emile looked at Meiko in surprise. His foot gently rested against the helmet of the first guard who decided to attack him. The guard's axe rested in his hand, with the blade shoved into the guard's stomach. He lifted it out and pointed it at Meiko. He studied her face closely. He threw the axe to the floor. Slowly, he began to laugh. His glassy eyes just stared at her as he laughed. "So... You couldn't believe it could you? I could see why you could distrust the Oracle. Her mind is so hopped up on chemicals she can't even see straight. But I must say thank you for taking care of a few of the guards for me. Now run along. I'm leaving. And you aren't getting in my way"

12. LunaCat Moogle Assistant

A place where I can laugh all my troubles away...
    The fangs. Those terrible, terrible fangs. They were long and sharp, dripping with steaming saliva. The beast's eyes looked at him, reptilian eyes of pure hate. Oily, black scales rippled along the whole of the dragon's body as it took a step forward. Red-hot, glowing claws dug into the ground, as if the beast was trying to hold itself back. But he couldn't move at all. He was just frozen there, imprisoned by those yellow, slit-pupil eyes. Those pupils finally widened in frenzy, and the dragon dove at him, claws and fangs outstretched--

Rin woke up rather suddenly, and glanced around him frantically. His glasses were almost falling off of him, and beads of sweat had formed on his forehead. He could hear his heartbeat, thumping along like a rabbit during a hunting game. However, this was not the dark cave of his dreams, nor was that dark dragon waiting for him. This was a forest, and it was already quite well into the day. The dew of the grass had gone, and yellow rays of light were shining through openings in the canopy. He was sitting up against an old, large tree, its trunk riddled with marks of age. He straightened himself out and fixed his glasses, and then leaned back in a much more relaxed position. "Another nightmare...Why did I have to read that one book before I left?" That one book was actually an account of how the dragon would grow deaf and blind to the songs of the Diva, and destroy the world. It wasn't really an official Draconic tale, but it frightened him just the same.

He reached down into his sack, conveniently strapped around his waist and right in front of him, and pulled out a small envelope. He wasn't to open it, of course, that was the main rule to follow when delivering messages, but he was curious as to who it would be given to. His orders were just to bring it to a certain inn, and give to a certain man. They said he would know who the person would be, but still...Well, it wasn't his job to be curious. Rin got up and began to continue his little journey at the slightly hurried pace of a normal messenger. He knew this forest well, having been taught quite a few landmarks and such to help him find his way out, so he continued on without a worry.

13. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

So far Meiko hadn't even taken her sword out. She took it out now and pointed it at Emile, which nearly broke her heart at how things could've gotten this way. "You will stay, Scholar. And you will tell me your side." she said determinedly. Her hand was trembling slightly before, but she held the sword tighter and firmed her grip. Her red eyes displayed a fierce fury and the gravity of her unspoken ultimatum. Meiko would end his life here and now if he didn't adhere to her demands. She was going to be in trouble anyway since she had allowed the Oracle to come to the prison by herself. And Meiko still didn't know where the Oracle was. She didn't want to kill her friend, but he had been convicted of treason and she has seen with her own eyes that he had also committed murder(albeit in self defense maybe) and slandering the Oracle and her visions(though her methods of divination are somewhat questionable). The sentence for him would already be 3 executions for those crimes. "Sit down, Scholar." Meiko didn't lower her sword. She knew that Emile knew that her swordsmanship was almost unmatched. If only I was as strong as I am now on that day.....

14. LunaCat Moogle Assistant

The trees were placed close together, huddling in on each other like a group of secretive planners. However, this meant that less light was coming through the leaves, since they would be covered by those of taller trees, and those covered by the leaves of trees even taller. Rin had entered a deeper part of the forest now, a none too friendly one at that. Oddly enough, it only took about a minute for this transition of environments. The ground beneath him was not covered with nice grass, but rather with twisted weeds and rotting leaf litter. Tangled bushes, with bright red berries, were clumped up around each other in various areas. While those berries did look nice, they were probably poisonous, to say the least. Mosses climbed up the trunks and exposed roots of the trees, and white mushrooms took shelter between the root cavities. Stepping over a rotting log, Rin accidentally caught his foot on it, and moved it quite a bit as he staggered free, sending a small spray of insects scurrying to safer ground. He stepped backwards a little, trying to regain balance, with a nervous and slightly disturbed look on his face, but only managed to trip over a large, arch-shaped root right behind him. He fell down on his back, his head cushioned by decomposing leaves.

He lay there for a few moments, trying to process exactly what had happened. He really should have been more careful with that call. It was always the same...he would go out on what seemed like a nice route, and then the moment it got unpleasant (Approximately one minute this time) he would make a fool of himself. "Well, I guess there was a reason why Master didn't think I would make a good fighter." He chuckled to himself a little, but soon got up again, and brushed the dirt off of his tunic. This was no time to be fooling about, he had a message to deliver, after all! Still, the path he was going seemed as if it would only get darker...But he could handle it! Or can I...?

15. Jayn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Posting for Fuzzy, so this is just a huge BS post so that Ramen-kun can post. So ignore the awfulness.

After a few more seconds of clinging to the fading dreams of the previous night, the tall blonde-haired boy swung his legs over the side of the rather uncomfortable bed and groaned. Once running a hand through to tangled strands, he looked around to reacquaint himself with his environment. There wasn’t much to look at, but he didn’t expect there to be for a room so affordable. Wooden floorboards, dirty windows, an unstable desk in the far right corner and a candle neatly placed on a small wooden side-table made up the overall design. He briefly wondered what could have possibly been different about a luxury suite before dismissing the thought and pulling himself up and making his way to the washroom.

There wasn’t much he could do with himself at this point, so he settled for fixing the mess of hair and hastily changing his clothes, blinking the sleep from his eyes until he was alert and gathering his things before leaving the room. The first thing he noticed as he weaved through the people coming and going as they pleased was the fact that it looked like a crowd was dispersing. The source of the commotion seemed to be a Jester, who was currently taking a spot at the bar. With nothing better to do, Klad made his way over to the bar himself and took his place beside the Jester. He wasn’t much of a drinker, but this guy didn’t look like he stayed in one place for too long and he was curious as to if he knew the quickest way to the castle.

“Excuse me, do you know the quickest way to the castle?â€

16. P Banned

Again, the Oracle woke up. She had had a very significant vision, and had to inform the castle immediately. Shivering with excitement, she stumbled out of her chair and tottered to the wall of the cave, as she worked her way to the mouth. This time, when she got outside, there was no release of cold air. Everything was still as muggy as before. The air of the cave still hung around, causing droplets of sweat to appear on her forehead. Pythia blinked, but the world didn't become any less hazy. If anything, it got more dense, moving in to crush her to death. But she persevered. This was just one part of being the Oracle. It was essential that the royal family knew of her dream.

Snapping her fingers, she summoned Sync, the dragon priestess. In an ornate twirl of ruby-red and bone-white, Sync was there in an instant. "
    What can I help with, my lady?" Sync asked, bending low. Her words wrapped around the Oracle, smothering her, twisting her surroundings into dark places unknown to her. The Oracle could hardly remember what was going on. Who was she? Who was this woman in front of her? Why was she here?

Then the Oracle knew what her mission was, and what she had to do. Drawing her sword, she swung it at the priestess' mask. As it made contact, cracks appeared in the mask, growing outwards. But they didn't stop when they reached the edge of the mask. They continued into thin air, multiplying and duplicating. With a crash, the entire world shattered.

Pythia woke up in her cave, drenched with sweat. The atmosphere was as thick in her dream, but when she saw the sea, the breeze was genuine. Almost subconsciously, the Oracle's hand drifted to her sword. It grasped the handle, then it grasped nothing. The oracle did a double take. Then she remembered: She had no sword. She didn't even know the first thing about using one. Then the truth about her vision was apparent. The priestess was in danger, and the royal family must be informed. She called to the fisherman to bring her parchment. On it, she scribbled a message in a script only known among those in the palace. It was short, but significant. "
    Sync is threatened. Someone is planning on attacking her. Rebellion is on the rise." She then attached her personal mark to it via a simple work of magic.

She then said to the fisherman, "
    Take this to the mainland and requisition the first messenger you see. Order them to take it to the castle. There will be rewards if they complete their mission. If they do not, they will be put to death. Let them know the Oracle sees all."

The fisherman did as she said. As soon as he landed in a rather rough part of the coast, he spied a silver-haired boy stumbling through the woods. More importantly, he was holding the iconic bag of all messengers. "
    HEY! YOU!" he called, startling the boy, "I hearby requisition your services in the name of the all-seeing Oracle Pythia! Carry this letter to the castle, and be certain to deliver it to the king himself! This takes priority over all else. Complete this task and you shall be rewarded handsomely. Failure to do so will result in your death!"

Making sure the boy heard him, but not waiting for a reply, the fisherman weighed the letter down with a stone to prevent it blowing away, then started rowing back to the island.

17. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• If all good things come to an end, then what about the bad?
    • Am I cursed to never see the fruits of the life I wish I had?

Celio nodded at the bartender as he left to help another customer. Now what to do about money? He pondered to himself. He held the glass in his left hand by the rim, his elbow on the counter as the glass was held several inches above it. He thought of causing a show outside, using his acrobatic abilities to raise some money, but the amount of money needed would mean he'd be flipping through the air for hours. He looked around, looking for who seemed the most likely to have a large amount of money on them. He hated having to rob someone, but drastic times....He looked down for a brief second before raising the glass to his lips, the liquid refreshing his lips but burning his throat as it went down. He swallowed and opened his mouth, letting the air of the drink escape. A sudden burp escaped his lips and the glass fell from his hand. Before it could shatter against the wood of the counter, his right hand caught it, his fingers clenched to hold the glass upright. It had been a blur. If anyone saw the sight, they wouldn't have even seen his right hand move; to be honest, he didn't even realize he had moved it to catch it. I wonder what it is with this cursed arm of mine? He thought as he looked down. The glass cracked slightly as he realized he was pinching it. He quickly switched hands and took another sip, only to have drops spill through the cracks onto his shirt. "Damn it," he muttered as he laid the glass down.

Suddenly, someone asked him a question. The silver-haired knight turned his face to patron who had approached him. It was a tall boy, with blond hair. For a moment, Celio couldn't help but wonder who was the taller of the two. His blue eyes looked into the boy's before he realized he was staring. He turned his head back to his glass and took another sip, careful to have the crack facing upwards. After swallowing, he turned his head to answer. "I'm not even entirely sure where I am right now," he told the boy truthfully. "But the castle is where I'm headed as well. All I know is that it's west of here." And that was the honest truth. Whatever the boy had to do at the castle was none of his business, and he didn't mind answering. Suddenly, an idea popped in his head. "Hey, it might be a dangerous journey to the castle," He started as he slammed the glass down. His right hand went up to his head, missed, and grabbed the hilt of his blade. "We wouldn't want a pretty boy like yourself running into trouble. I am a mere traveling jester, but one skilled with the blade," Celio wondered if his request was obvious at this point, "I'd be willing to protect you on your journey, if you would so have it." Celio didn't mention a fee as he had a plan for that later. His bright blue eyes studied the boy as he gripped his sword, wondering what the response would be.

18. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

"Well, I at least thought that you, of all people, would realize it sooner." Emile sat down on the dead guard's head. "Well, this faith, this religion, this delusion.Humanity's greed to live has caused them to sacrifice their own to a beast that they know, literally, nothing about. That is why you have scholars like me right? Now, you have chosen to believe this faith because you were raised on it and to everyone else this faith is everything. But you must realize that this reality we live in is controlled by humans, not the Dragon. Although reality may only be in the human mind we still live it, correct? Since when is a simple beast allowed to control our reality? It is because we humans are weak and spineless that we give in to the Dragon's demands. This "God" has left us a long while ago. Now, because of you people's idiotic decision, this religion will be the end of humanity. Get it now? Why do you serve a drugged up broad who wants to preserve humanity while constantly sacrificing others? Why do you wish to protect something that is killing us? Why has your mind not grasped this fact? Do you really believe that this will save us? This is all a simple lie to make us stray from the truth. And you believed that I was falsely imprisoned? Tell me, since when have I ever lied. Since when have I ever, said something that wasn't true. If I had a theory I would never release it to the public unless I was sure it was true." He got up and started walking towards her. He stopped so close in front of her that he could kill her in an instant if he wished. The prisoners taught him well. "Now, all you have to do his let me go. It really isn't that hard." Emile looked at her with his cold, glassy stared at her with fiery determination. Close up, his body was larger and muscular. Scars covered parts of his body from where he was stabbed by prisoners and guards alike. His eyes had a hint of sadness in them though. "Now please, I'm asking you as an old friend. Let me go..."

19. LunaCat Moogle Assistant

Rin, after a little bit of time, had finally reached the edge of the woods. It was very strange, it was almost as if the trees just suddenly ended after a certain point, as if an invisible line was blocking them from growing any farther. His little trip through the woods before actually wasn't that frightening: He had just blown it out of proportion. At least, he kept telling himself that. The grass here was long, withered and rough, battered and blown by the winds of the sea. It was also very rocky here, but the little of the beach there was sandy, not a jagged cliff. The sky looked beautiful beyond the horizon, but he had no time for such sight-seeing. Instead, he just continued to hurry along the edge of the forest, where it, to him, felt safer. He continued on for a while, though he was a little tired. Periodically he glanced to the coast, and then back in front of him. This repeated glancing continued on for quite some time, but one time his eyes caught something odd. He slowed his pace, stumbling a little bit during the transition, and then stared out at the coast even harder. There was a fisherman, and he appeared to be saying something to him...

Once the man began to shout at him, he halted and listened. Something about...It was hard to hear the fisherman with perfect clarity, but he had gotten enough information. Something about the Oracle needing a letter to be delivered to the king? Of upmost importance? There would be a reward? He at first paused and gazed down to the ground, obviously somewhat confused, but when he looked up, all he saw was the back of the man as he entered the boat he had come in. Rin started to run after him, shouting out to him. "Wait! Tell me more!" However, it was too late, for by the time he reached the shore the fisherman had rowed out quite far into the waters. He sighed in what could only be described as utter exasperation. He swung around and began walking back, kicking a rather large rock that was in front of him. The rock went rolling forward, and under it was...The letter? Yes, it was the letter! He picked it up, but was soon rather puzzled when he looked at the "message". "Strange...I can hardly read it. But on the bottom...That must be the Oracle's mark! This must be important." Rin folded it back up gently, and then placed it in his bag. Master's letter could wait--He had something for the king!

20. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

Meiko listened intently to Emile's ranting. Her eyes still focused and raging with anger and adrenaline at what he was saying. Surely he has gone mad cooped up in this hellhole. If only she had gotten here sooner, but she hardly had a chance to come here without leaving the Oracle vulnerable. Which was forbidden. But today it happened anyway. If Meiko disposed the heretic, perhaps she'd be spared punishment. But Emile was still her friend. At least, before he was. Now she could hardly believe that the same learned, calm, scholar was standing before her. He had changed. She can see that now. The length of her sword and arm was the only distance separating them. "You've changed, Scholar. I apologize. I should have arrived far sooner. Before anything was done to you. But I was unaware. Of anything. Even when it was I, myself, who led you down here. My apologies." Meiko said sadly. She was never in time. She could never save anyone. First Teto and now Emile. For a moment her resolve wavered, but she quickly remembered the penalty. Meiko stepped back towards the door, standing in front of it. "If you even have a chance to hurt anyone, and it was I who allowed you to pass, then I would have dishonored the Order of the Knights. And I would rather die than let that happen." she said determinedly as her eyes flashed with anger. "I will not allow you to leave this room with the intent of shattering the hope and peace of this country!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.