Traditional Art A WIP for a Friend's Game Poster

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Vexen_Is_God, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Vexen_Is_God Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]

Things to fix currently. Arms too thin, sleeve needs to blow UP instead of out like I have it.

Other than those things I'm working on, what else?

My art has improved lots since....a year ago was it? Hasn't it? :P

ALSO
    I did this just quickly. Following my friend's example for animated portraits for his game.
    This is for my own game.

[​IMG]

2. Vexen_Is_God Gummi Ship Junkie

Come on, guys. I'm sure I've made some mistakes. Point them out. Help me~ so I can better my artwork.

3. Gultigargar Hollow Bastion Committee

Well, I guess there's a few things I'd change, but you already pointed most of it out, like the thin arms.

- I'm wondering why some of her hair is still lying down, when the rest of her hair and clothes are floating up.
    - If that's her right leg to the far left, it seems like it's too far away to be attached to her body.
    - Speaking of legs, I can't really see her left leg (unless you're intentionally not drawing it, or it's bent over and can't be seen, etc.) Just wondering.
    - Now I'm probably just nitpicking, but her left cheek seems pretty huge.

4. Vexen_Is_God Gummi Ship Junkie

1. She has just landed. Some of the hair is already tucked under her face and arms, as you can see. The rest hasn't quite landed yet.
    2. Really? It attached just fine in the gesture sketch. So I don't know how to fix that.
    3. The other one is bent somewhat under her body, and hides mostly behind the thick clothes that fold over it. I should post the gesture sketch xD
    4. That was just the style, big poiinty cheeks, kinda like slayers anime (if you've seen that), but I could change it if its not appealing. :P

5. Gultigargar Hollow Bastion Committee

This is what I mean:
    [​IMG]
    To me, it looks like her waist is much higher up than where her thigh currently is.
    (I probably sketched it too small, but I just wanted to show you what I meant)

EDIT: As for the cheek-thing, do as you like, I really just tried to get everything that sprung to mind written down.