KINGDOM HEARTS 3D: Official Name Revealed & More!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Mike Chaser

<center><object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q6rSwB2MdUE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q6rSwB2MdUE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object></center>

Hey everyone, Square-Enix has announced the new KINGDOM HEARTS title, which is exclusive for the Nintendo 3DS. The title "KINGDOM HEARTS 3D" has officially changed as "KINGDOM HEARTS 3D: Dream Drop Distance" (interesting name if I do say so myself).

Along with this piece of news, the official website for Dream Drop Distance has opened. You can view the link below.
    Link: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/kingdom/3d/

Additional information includes the option to play as both Sora and Riku in this new title. Rumor has it that a new world "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" will also appear in this new title, according to Famitsu.

Last but not least, the trailer for this title is now available for view, which can be found above this update.

Source: KHU & our members ubirth & Ø Riku

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Jan 18, 2011.

1. dirk123
      dirk123
      Yay, Ansem SoD AND Xemnas as enemies in 1 game.
      Perhaps this is what en Sid was talking about in the ENGLISH Re:Coded secret ending of there being more than 1 Xehanort.

Also, I first thought it was Kingdom Hearts, Sonic style wioth all the wall jumping and very fast movements.
    2. Always Dance
      Always Dance
      I am officially pumped. And confused. Mostly confused. The fact that Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas are in this game makes it seem like the game is what Yen Sid was talking about in the secret ending of RE:Coded. But that means this game really IS after KHII and seems to be in the "real world", not a dream world or anything else, which makes it really confusing why Sora and Riku are kids again.
    3. Ienzo
      Ienzo
      Wow, this has got me very excited. The fighting style looks really different and so much fun, it looks like it's going to make the normal fighting style of the original game look childish xD. However, it does raise many questions, like why are they children again? What exactly is going to happen (I thought the secret ending of Coded was directed at KH3 not this)? And most importantly, when it is going to be released? :3

Thanks Mike.
    4. key dragon
      key dragon
      Wonder if any of these mechanics will be around for KH 3?
    5. nekodoru
      nekodoru
      I am in such confusion...
      AND CRACKING UP AT THEIR SILLY JOKES *kicks awesome name in the butt*

Oh anyway. There are old clothes, really fast dashing, marks of mastery and.... MANY SORAS RAINING DOWN.
      Maybe I should get hold of a copy of re:coded soon? Since it seems several have finished it already.xD
    6. sora969
      sora969

It's been well known for quite some time that the secret ending of Coded dealt with KH3D.
    7. Xamad
      Xamad
      This game is going to be pretty damn epic...anyone else excited now that Hunchback of Notre Dame has finally made it's way to Kingdom Hearts or were you guys too distracted by all the epicness to notice it :)
    8. Fearless
      Fearless
      That trailer looks damn sexy, let me tell you.
      I really like the name, very different from past titles. Kingdom Hearts DDD?

Also, Hunchback of Notre Dame world;
      IT'S ABOUT TIME.
    9. Korosu
      Korosu
      Wow. It look's amazing! The fighting style looks fun..I do have questions now though. Looks like I'll be buying this and a DS 3D (Or whatever there called :| )
    10. kingdom_hearts_loverXX
      kingdom_hearts_loverXX
      AWESOMEEEEE!!! Can't wait. Go SE :3

edit:
      gameplay looks sick.
    11. Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Holy cow! This looks very interesting! I didn't expect to see a new world in the trailer, especially Sora walking through Notre Dame! Oh please please Nomura, do justice to the film and include Frolo's song! Maybe instead of demons, Heartless could come out of the fireplace to chase Esmeralda! I AM SO SO EXCITED! And the the battling style seems so awesome! It seems that it has something to do with dreams.

The title is funny XD And the logo is pink XDDDD
    12. exile0025
      exile0025
      riku jumping from wall to wall did it for me
    13. Misty
      Misty
      Well the trailer itself wasn't as ridiculous as I was imagining (though the raining Soras did get a few lulz out of me), but it actually looks pretty interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about the title, I'd like to see more how it works into the game, but the gameplay looks like a lot of fun.
    14. Patman
      Patman
      Yup, Nomura said in an interview that DDD story AND gameplay would be paving the way to KH3.
    15. Plums
      Plums
      Hunchback of Notre Dame world ghcfgjegv <3

This explains why the title is 3D xD

Nomura said that the reason Sora and Riku are in their KH1 designs is important. Possibly due to any lingering pain from that time? And I'm thinking that Ansem SoD and Xemnas could possibly be a Lingering Sentiment and an Absent Silhouette, respectively.

But this game now has me pumped. 8D
    16. lilrobgilla
      lilrobgilla
      Is it mean or did he tell mickey to get Sora, Hither and Riku
    17. Always Dance
      Always Dance
      Get a dictionary bro.

No but seriously, he didn't mean a person named "Hither" if that's what you mean.
      Hither just means 'here'
    18. ajmrowland
      ajmrowland
      OFG Notre Dame!!!!

And from the looks of it, Sora and Riku are being tested for the Mark of Mastery.
    19. Gelatinous Ghost
      Gelatinous Ghost
      Holy $#@%. Scaling and jumping walls and buildings, using the environment in combat to aid in the destruction of foes(Sora swinging on a lamp post), and a new world? I can't wait. This game looks incredible. But for now, I am getting back to Re:Coded. =] ​