Marvel: |Σχτrεmε Χ~Μεη |

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]

The Marvel universe. It's not that different from our universe. The only difference is that the Marvel universe exists in comics and we live in reality. But its inhabitants all think they live in a reality, not a comic (unless you're a certain "merc with a mouth" who likes to break the fourth wall), so how do you know that your life isn't a comic book? Right now, some blue skinned, four-mouthed, thirteen-armed little alien boy could have all three of his eyes focused on the comic page in front of him, watching the panel where you sit on your computer and read this thread, looking at your thought bubbles as you think about the complete and utter bullshit that you're reading right now. Then, with the flick of one of his claws, he closes the comic book, hoping to continue your adventure in the next issue.
    But that's completely pointless to where I'm going so save the philosophical mind**** you just had for the next issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world has several teams of superheroes, the most famous being the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, and, of course, the X-Men. Ah, the X-Men. The most controversial of the heroic teams. The X-Men's roster is all mutants, or Homo Superior. Due to a sudden leap in evolution centuries ago, a fraction of humanity is born with the "X-Gene," an enhanced genome that gives the person superpowers, usually developing during puberty. Changelings are a predecessor to mutants, developing their powers at birth, not puberty, but are mutants nonetheless. Mutants are the minority, often persecuted and feared by normal humans. In order to stop the hatred, Professor Charles Xavier --world-renowned geneticist, scientist, scholar, and mutant-- formed the X-Men.

Professor X believes humans and mutants can coexist peacefully. To this end, he founded the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning to teach young mutants how to control their powers and use them for humanity's benefit. His first group of students included Scott "Slim" Summers, more famously known as Cyclops. The school, nicknamed the X-Mansion, is also the secret base for the X-Men. One of the X-Men's greatest enemies is Magneto, who believes mutants are superior to humans. To this end, Magneto founded the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, the X-Men's evil counterpart. The Brotherhood are the X-Men's most frequent enemies.

The X-Men have had many extraordinary adventures, ranging from political to local to interstellar. One of the most common adventures is traveling to alternate realities, usually unwillingly.

In order to deal with the rising number of mutant students, Professor X developed the Squad System. An older X-Men (usually a graduate from the school) mentors a group of students and teaches them how to work as a team and use their powers. There are many squads, but we will focus on just two, alright?

Cyclops leads one squad and calls his team X-Force. Julian Keller, codenamed Hellion, is a recent graduate and mentors another squad called the Paragons.

When two unbelievably powerful mutants arrive from a different dimension, both X-Men and the Brotherhood will fight for control of them. But when all X-Men, minus X-Force and the Paragons, disappear, do these mutants have anything to do with it? Will X-Force and the Paragons go their separate ways, or band together to search for the missing mutants? And what will happen with the Brotherhood and the two new mutants? This story starts during a training session shortly before these events unfold. Do you have what it takes to be an X-Men? Do you have the X factor?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Click Here To Go To The OOC Thread To Read The Rules, Make And Post Characters, And Discuss The RP

2. Arch Mana Knight

Bumping powers activate!

Also, can't have you double posting when you do start the RP.

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"Heh, let's see what you got, Hellion!" Cyclops yelled at the top of his lungs. The X-Men veteran looked around and crossed his arms, failing to hold back the smirk on his face. "I didn't bring you to the mountains for nothing, you know," he said quietly to himself as he stood still. While the X-Men train their squads independently of the others, Cyclops got the idea to train his squad against another. To that end, he asked Hellion, the newest squad mentor, to bring his squad out here to the mountains. With their squads pit against each other, Cyclops hoped that X-Force would get some more field experience and Hellion would gain more leading experience. Wondering how things would turn out, his red visored scanned the area. Behind him, the Blackbird jet was grounded in the middle of several trees, its cloaking device keeping it off any radar. He knew somewhere else, the X-Jet, the second of the X-Men's several jets, was parked as the Paragons' home base. He looked ahead of towards the trees. He couldn't see anybody. Both his own team and Hellion's were spread out, attempting to bring each other down for this training mission. He, however, was out in the open, ready to draw them out. He knew Hellion was the only one that could take him on, but could Hellion take him down? He doubted it. "Come out, come out, whereever you are, Pretty boy Julian," he sang quietly as he started to walk forward.

"Wonder if he'll settle for me," growled Terry. The New Mutant was perched on the highest branch of the tallest tree he could find. His animal-based abilities made climbing trees as easy as walking, even in the human form he was now. His ears twitched at the sound of Cyclops' taunt for Hellion. While he wasn't sure where his mentor was, Terry was hoping to take on Cyclops himself. His eyes searched the ground through the leaves that were hiding him for any X-Force member, though he was hoping for Cyclops. He quickly looked down at his hand; the tip of his finger sleeves were torn open and his both gloves had several tears as if they had been stretched past the limit. He knew the toes on his boots were the same way. Terry stayed human, though his muscles were slightly bulging in mid transformation, though the only wolfish aspect of him were his slitted pupils.

4. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Elena held her brother's hand as the two of them trekked to what they thought to be a good enough hiding place. Of the two, Elena was the more nervous. She'd never done anything like this, and the prospect of a new terrain unsettled her more. Elijah squeezed her hand in reassurance. In a soft voice, he asked, "Can you find anyone?"
    Elena extended her free hand and sent out a very gentle wind, one that would seem natural to most people. "Trees, bushes, rocks... They must be in or behind the terrain. Sorry."
    "Don't worry about it," Elijah replied. "We'll just have to settle for finding them the old fashion way."
    "Good luck with that," Elena smiled. She could listen for the others, but Elijah would have to be the one to look for them.

5. Arch Mana Knight

So he's really calling me out, eh? Hellion thought to himself as he pressed his back against a tree he had been waiting by. While Julian was eager to find Cyclops as soon as possible, he knew that with powers like his, Cyclops should be easy to spot the second he released those eye beams of his. He was in luck. Cyclops wasn't too far away judging from the sounds of it. "You're mine, Summers." Hellion grinned and peaked around the tree, just barely spotting Cyclops. He snapped his fingers causing several branches hanging over Cyclops's head to drop suddenly. Was it an attempt to take him out? Of course not. Was it to get a laugh out of it in case Cyclops failed to dodge in time? Hell yeah.

"Well that's Cyclops." Ivan spoke under his breath when he heard his mentor call out for the Paragons leader. He folded his arms, looking both left and right. The trees were blotting out a good portion of the sunlight which was bothering Ivan as he couldn't draw in as much power as he would have hoped. Would've been better doing this in the desert. He shrugged and pressed onwards, glancing up at the trees. He remained in his unpowered form, planning to save his strength for when he ran into a member of the Paragons. "Helloooooo? Anyone out there?"

6. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Ellie ran through the area, dodging round trees and making sure not to be in one place.
    She had an advantage as long as she stayed here...
    the tree's blocked most of the sunlight meaning that she was able to stay invisible as long as she kept to the shadows.
    Her secondary power hadn't developed until recently and she found it impossible to bend the rays of light required to turn herself invisible while in direct light.
    In the shadows though where there was less light to focus on... it was no problem.
    She suddenly heard someone calling out and stopped moving so as to not make any noise, just remaining invisible.
    That was Cyclops right?...
    and just then was... Whiteout?

She decided not to take any risks and stayed put for the moment, staying invisible and out of site.

7. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Elena's head snapped toward the sound of Ivan's voice. For a moment she thought he was insane, calling out like that, but then decided that it was an interesting strategy. Elijah probably would have done the same thing if he hadn't been with her; he was very direct in his preferred tactics. She listened for the snaps of tree branches or rustle of bushes. Those who hadn't already announced their presence by yelling were doing an excellent job of avoiding attention.
    "Over there," Elijah pointed up in the trees. He'd tried to be as inconspicuous as he created a wind to ruffle the leaves and light branches of the trees. To his luck, he'd spotted someone.
    "Where?" Elena ran her fingers along her brother's arm and then pointed in the same direction. With a small blow of wind, she was barely able to determine the shape of someone up in a tree. They weren't too far away, but the distance wasn't what bothered her. In this space, with so many trees and things to hide behind, Elena was at a disadvantage. Elijah would have to handle most of the challenge.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

The instant Cyclops heard a faint snap, he dove forward, barely dodging the branches. He rolled forward and set himself on a knee, raising his left hand to his visor as quickly as he could. He twisted the knob and a beam of red light hit the tree Hellion was hiding behind. Cyclops only let the blast go on for a second; not enough to break through the tree, but enough to show Hellion he found him. "Try again, Hellion!" He shouted, standing up. "Just because I'm not Logan doesn't mean I can't hear a snap!" To be fair, Cyclops had heard the snap, but disregarded it. It was the sound of branches breaking above him that made him realize the snap was Hellion.

That's what I'm talking about! Terry thought excitedly as he saw a red flash in the distance. Happy that he found Cyclops, he stood up on the branch quickly. He looked down to see his finger nails not only growing, but embedding themselves deeper into his fingertips. His skin started to get warmer and expand and his teeth sharpened and grew. His shirt became tighter as his body size increased. The forest started to smell stronger and he could hear more acutely. The breeze picked up slightly, something he wouldn't have noticed in his human form, and he felt a sliver go down his back. A small growl escaped his lips, but he stopped his transformation. He now appeared like a burly lumberjack in a New Mutants costume in desperate need of fingernail clippers. Here I come, Syke! He thought as he dove forward off the tree, his now-clawed hands grabbed a branch, but he quickly let it go. His feet landed on another branch below and he jumped in another direction. He was diving to the ground.

"Burn, baby, let me see you burn~" Johnny mused as the line of ants started to smoke. The pink-haired mutant crouched on the sidewalk next to an anthill. A line of ants were on their home and instead of using a magnifying glass and the sun to scorch them, he simply pointed to them and slowly increased the temperature. "No one likes drones, silly ants," he told his victims in a singsongy voice.

9. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Bree was silent as she stood in her hiding place, literally inside a tree, this should be interesting. She was keeping track as everyone she could. She smiled as she saw a flash of red, cyclops. She momentarily wondered who he was firing at. But for now that was someone else's fight. It was another voice she'd heard she was interested in, she'd heard Terry's call out to them. She knew that it may be a trap but maybe she could live up to his challenge. Anyhow she needed to move and with a bit of luck she could still keep the element of suprise. With a deep breath she moved out of the tree.

10. CrownMoksha Decimo

"Where the heck is everybody" Sora thought walking through the trees. He figure it would be easier to use his power find them, the only problem would be that he would probably cause a forest fire and give away his location. "So Cyclops is challenging Helion to a fight and Whiteout is looking for anyone." He said hearing two different voices around him. "I might as well keep looking, I'm bound to find someone that way."

11. Arch Mana Knight

OOC: I'll be out a lot for the next four days or so. I won't have my laptop and I'm not sure how good service will be on my phone while I'm out. If I do post it'll probably be something short. So just deal with me, okay? D: *Goes to copy-paste this to other RPs I'm in*

Oh, and...Midnight Star double posted within her own post. XD

BIC:

'Damn. I was hoping he'd get hit! Oh well...' Hellion stood behind the tree for just a moment longer, surprised that Cyclops had hit the tree he was just behind. "Alright, alright. You've got me!" Hellion spoke aloud as he stepped out from behind the tree, holding his hands in the air as if surrendering. He was sure that even Cyclops knew it was just him joking around. "Why don't you have a present!?" He slapped his hands together before diving out to the side, anticipating yet another blast that was sure to come from Cyclops. His hand gesture had caused three trees surrounding Cyclops to become uprooted and fly at the mutant.

Ivan sighed out loud, scratching the back of his head as he spun around to make sure no one was getting behind him. When it came to areas like these, he wasn't the best tracker. Instead of walking forward and risking running into another who might be waiting for him, Ivan decided to be the one to linger about, hoping someone would run into him instead.

12. AmericanSephiroth Traverse Town Homebody

Loveless Ave. missing the point of it all
    OOC: now starting going to try to use two diiferent colors for Daydream and Knightmare

BIC: Demetrio was pacing about in a small safehouse with all of the lights completly on trying to drown out Knightmare's influence on him his thoughts were haunting him. He had regretted joining the brotherhood but when Knightmare gets in control he doesn't want anyone who would trust him to get hurt "come on boy you know you want my power let me control you suffocate the other and let me have fun whaddya say?" Demetrio clutched his head trying to make sure his good side stayed with him "I can't give up let go of me please Knightmare just let me go....." He continued to thrash about the room breaking a few things as his pain induced clumsiness was very slowly letting him go from his twin-sided fight with his own mental anguish. After a few more minutes of this the pain finally stopped and he walked over to his favorite chair and had a seat to calm his nerves

13. Glen Returned from the dead

Whirlpool carefully climbed into a tree, high up on the mountain. He was attempting to survey the scene. "Hmm....so we have to work together to win this..damn i'm not too good at working with others" he said quietly to himself. He scratched at an itch on his chin, and nearly fell out of the tree. Luckily he clung onto a branch, and swung himself back up onto it.

14. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Ellie stayed as quiet as she could.
    She was the youngest and newest student out of everyone having only been found by the X-men just over a month ago.
    Therefore... she was the most inexperienced and knew she wouldn't stand a chance if she just rushed in blind without care, and also she still wasn't used to direct confrontations of this sort... especially after her confrontation with that girl at school... the thought still terrified her.
    The girl had been okay she'd been later informed by Professor X, all Ellie had done was give her a gentle shock that had momentarily scrambled the signals from the spinal cord the the brain, causing the girl to black out. But she was otherwise completely unharmed. Even so... Ellie was just too nervous when it came to... fighting..
    No... she would have to play things safe.
    ...but if she did that too long she would end up just doing nothing here either, which was absolutely pointless.
    She sighed gently, so as not to let out too much of a sound just in case anyone was nearby.
    And then started slowly creeping quietly while still invisible... she was praying somewhere in her heart that nobody would find her.

15. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Elijah shot out his hand, and with it a blast of air, toward Terry. The twins had stayed reasonably close to their mentor; it made Elena more comfortable. Elijah understood that, while Cyclops wasn't blind like Elena, she had her own little connection to him. It was nothing like her connection with her brother, but Elena gained a sense of poise knowing that there were other mutants out there (or just ten feet away) with abnormal sight.
    Elena paid close attention to Elijah's gust's path. If he hit Terry like he intended to, the landing wouldn't be very pleasant. She balanced her brother's maneuver by pushing the air near the ground into a slowly rotating circle; that way, Terry wouldn't be hurt if he was as uncoordinated a faller as she was. This was training after all, not a real battle.

16. Pinekaboo Chaser

Mason kept his head low to the ground, his padded feet moving deliberately and silently through the underbrush. His wolf form, it's coat perfectly white, would be easily spotted among the greenery he stood amongst, but with his current method of movement few would be able to spot him regardless. He could detect the scent of one the Paragons in the air, the youngest one, though he couldn't quite recall her name. He stalked the scent, tracking the girl and hoping to catch her unawares. When he found the end of the trail, however, he saw no sign of her. In a moment of suprise, he stood to his wolf's full height and let out a confused whine, before realising that while he couldn't find the girl, she would have heard the sound he had made if she was still nearby.

"What the tacos are you guys even doing?!" Deadpool cried, unable to find the two Brotherhood mutants he was supposed to be training. Admittedly, he hadn't tried very hard to do so, but that was enough right now to cause him frustration. "Oh, this is just great." he said, completely outloud, "I can't find my 'students', I don't have enough enough doorknobs, and worst of all I can't think in my little yellow boxes anymore!" He sat on the floor exactly where he had stood, and folded his arms.
    "This job blows." he declared.

17. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Bree moved quietly across the ground, searching for the others before spotting a figure fall out of a tree and quickly swing back up into it. She grinned, she didn't know who it was yet but she'd find out soon enough. If it was someone on their side, she had a friend. If not, she'd give them a suprise and do what they were here to do. She quickly hid, she did not want them spotting her and moved round the outside of that tree, and silently climbed up the tree next to it.

OOC: Whirlpool btw.

18. Glen Returned from the dead

Whirlpool stopped. He could've sworn he'd heard something nearby. He shook his head. "Must be a squirrel or something...i can't see anyone" he said quietly. He coughed slightly, and almost fell out of the tree once more but fast regained his balance. Balance was certainly not a strong point of his.

19. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Ellie heard a small whine, and froze instantly, her panic settling in...
    Even after a month at the institute she still couldn't control herself like that. She had started learning how to use her powers a little... but... now... she just couldn't do anything.
    Even though it was a training exercise, she felt afraid. So much that she couldn't even move. Even her breathing had become light. Her heart was thumping in her chest and she prayed that it too wouldn't give her away.

20. AmericanSephiroth Traverse Town Homebody

Loveless Ave. missing the point of it all
    Demetrio finally walked outside once his mind had calmed down he used his ability to teleport near where the battle was yeah... I believe I'll sit this one out heheheh he teleported into the tree nearest him and sat on a branch to watch the fight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.