Never thought...

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Saxima, Jun 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I'd be posting here. I seriously don't know what to do though...

There's a boy, and his name is Patrick. I think I love him, but I can't be too sure because everyone's saying it's not love. Isn't love when you love everything about someone? I kinda do. His smile, his eyes, his smile, his hugs... Did I mention his smile?

A couple of weeks ago, I told him that I liked him - I've been waiting for his reply ever since then, and he has yet to give it too me. I usually handle rejection very well, but I'm not sure how he feels about me and I really want to know. Considering the kind of person I am, you'd think I would have already gone and forced his answer, but I'm scared he's going to not feel the same.

His ex-girlfriend, Tanya, seems like she hates me - or that's what it looks like to me at least.

Yesterday was the last time I talked to him, and when I left, I gave him a wave but then he caught up to me "That's all I get, a wave?" So I gave him a hug. I really, really, reaaaaally like his hugs. I was hoping to see him today, but it was Senior exempt day, so he wasn't in class. I was alright with this.

So as we were walking to the bus to get back to main campus, my friend hits me with a hard plastick violin case and says "Patrick," so I turn around and there he is, and for a moment, I'm selfish and think he's come to tell me goodbye a last time. When he's talking to someone else, Tanya appears from behind him. She's so tiny!! I was about to drop everything, run like a fool, and give him a hug, but Tanya... I thought the better of it. So all I did was wave and spun on my heel an left for the bus.

On the bus...

"GODDAMMIT! I'M SO PISSED!"
    "What's wrong?"
    "I WANNA KICK TANYA'S A++!"
    "Why's that?"
    "SHE JUST PISSES ME OFF! Did you see the way she looked at me?! SHE TOTALLY HATES ME! I ONLY HUGGED HIM IN FRONT OF HER ONCE WHEN THEY WERE GOING OUT AND THE W++++ HATES ME!!"

As you can see, I really don't like Tanya. But I want to know what to do... Do I tell Patrick or not that I 'love' him...?

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Well, I've never had a girlfriend so I don't know what to do exactly in this kind of situation. I'm just going to tell you the thing that most people would say "Just get up the courage and tell him you love him and see what he says". Yeah, I need a life, we all know that

3. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

Uhm, I would confess to him if I were you. Not only because you need to, but also because you would feel better if you did that. (I know about it, really) As for Tanya, I would ignore her, her life with Patrick is over, she has to stop dreaming and needs to start living in reallity. If you need help with confessing, I might know some ways, haha

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

those don't include those strange things they do in anime do they? (truthfully, I've actually wanted to see that sometimes, just to know if it's as rediculous as they seem) And oh yeah, about Tanya, I say don't worry about her. There's a reason someone is an Ex. Unless it turns into something like my sister, who went on & off with her boyfriend for a whole year.

5. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

Uh-oh, seriously, they call that a flashlight relation in my country, XP. And yes, I do think my mind made up some of those Anime confessions. But anyhow, I only confessed once to a boy, and that went wrong, so...

6. Pinekaboo Chaser

In my experience, a lot of people think that saying 'I love you' to somebody before going out with them is a bad thing. While I don't agree with that, I would suggest not to be so direct so soon or risk putting him off.
    As for Tanya, ignore her. If she hates you, it's because she's jealous. On a related point, if she's jealous, it suggests that she thinks that he may like you back, since otherwise there'd be no reason to get jealous.
    And as for whether it is or isn't love; does it even matter? You're interested in being with him either way, so just go with what feels right at the time.
    I hope that helps, and that thinks go well for you. If things don't go well, come straight back to KH-Vids and be cheered up by us wonderful people again. :D

7. eentje Traverse Town Homebody

What he said >3<

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

yeah, DarkTraitor basically hit the nail on the head

9. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

It honestly depends on how close you two are. I am no expert at this but from personal experience I would say that it is all up to you. It will all vary on how close you two are and how he feels about you. I wouldn't really recommend telling him you love him unless you two are really close. I say you should sit down with him and just talk about it. If he cares he will answer you even if it is not what you want to hear. The only other bit of advice I have is try not to live in the clouds. Basically be prepared just in case something doesn't go right because the more hyped up about it you are the harder you will take his answer if it is a bad one.

10. Daxa~ #stalker

Just ask him out?
    I guess its a good way to see if he likes you or not xD
    Then,you can tell him how you feel,after youve gotton to know each other in that way.
    Oh and Tanya,just ignore her.
    Shes just jealous <3
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

11. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

As far as love goes, you can't really ask anyone what love is, as its subjective.

Love, when I think of it, these points:

Love is when you feel you can't have better company, even just being with them (no need to talk)
    Love is to wanting to wake up next to the same person every day, and simply by looking at the person makes you happy
    Love is to argue, but it doesn't matter, because you love eachother
    Love is wanting the best for the person, even if it means you have to sacrifice something
    Love is trust
    Love is something you can't explain.

While someone else might have a different opinion on it.

I wouldn't tell him (in my case, a her) you love him, not yet - as you don't even know if he likes you yet. I agree with DarkTraitor there.

Oh, and loving someone is more than just loving their smile or hugs or their eyes, which I hope you already know.
    Anyway, telling someone you love them prematurely is not a good idea, as I mentioned, because;
    Some people freak out when they are being told that someone loves them.

Hang out with him, get close to him, get your answer on whether he likes you or not.
    If it's a relationship you're looking for, you've gotta wait for it.

Never rush anything, it never works, not with tasks, relationships, sex etc.

12. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Being in love with someone is different than actually loving them.

13. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I would classify that as more of a "crush" or "infatuation", hun. Love, for me at least, is something that grows over time after really knowing someone and them knowing you. Love is having complete trust in the other, and knowing that you would make sacrifices for each other without thinking twice.

But don't let that deter you. Ask him out. Or just ask him if he likes you. He's a guy. If you just say "I like you" to him, he might go "ok, cool" and not know that you're expecting a response.

What about Tanya? He's his ex, not his girlfriend. Why should you bother yourself with her.
    Unless they broke up a short while ago, then the guy and Tanya would probably need some time to recover. Otherwise, there's really no need to worry about "Tanya".

14. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I'm sort of having this problem myself, I'm unsure of what to tell him. I think Darktraitor said it quite well, I wouldn't tell him you 'love' him because it most likely will freak him out. Don't be too clingy, I would just act calmly around him and maybe just say something like "do you want to do something at some point?" For example, go see a random film with him. Well, I know this would be hard to ask but it's a good start, if he likes you then he'll be eager to meet up, if he doesn't then you'll probably be able to tell with the way he reacts to it all.

Whatever you do, don't rush it! It's the worst thing that can be done. Also, with the Tanya thing, ignore her- she is obviously jealous or just a betch. Either way there is nothnig to worry about.

15. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

I wouldn't exatcly consider myself a romance expert, but I agree with the other posters that you should definitely confess. It sounds to me you have a crush rather than being in love, but over time it could grow to become that, and the only way you'll know is if you'll try. If you're worried about this Tanya person being jealous, make sure you talk to him where she or any of her friends can't overhear/see. Don't rush things- outright claiming your love for him before you've even gone on a date tends to freak guys out. If it goes badly, make it clear that you don't want it come between your friendship. Ultimately, I wouldn't worry about Tanya. Yes, it sucks for her that they broke up, but she has to learn to move on and accept it.

Good luck!

16. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Well, The creator of the topic said she loves him, while what I wrote is a part of what I believe Love truly is, but as I said, it's subjective.

17. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I would like to clarify, perhaps I wasn't specific enough. I love everything about him. Being with him, talking to him, even if we're together and not talking, I still enjoy every minute of it. He's sweet, considerate, and not a total jerk like other guys I've known. I'd do anything for this guy, he's always there for me when I need it and he's pulled me out of some nasty situations, and I know he's got my back.

It's weird. Everyone has different definitions of 'being in love'. Maybe it's not love. I don't know. But I just like everything about him, everything he is to me, all the fun we've had together, it's kinda awesome.

I suppose I could tell him. But then there will be the moment if he says no.

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Then try to put it on slowly. Just start a conversation. Hopefully if he's not clueless he'll catch on. But aren't most people when others try to express their feelings? But seriously, you shouldn't wait too long. You never know what might happen if you procrastinate enough

19. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Procrastinate? Pee-shaw. Wait - I was two weeks late to my own birthing. Seriously.

But really, he's already graduated... I don't even know if I'll see him again, so convince me, what would be the point in telling him?

20. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Just to get it off your chest and not make you feel like you'll regret it for the rest of your life. But hey, it's your call

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.