Final Fantasy |Cαll of the Sμmmoπεr|

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Jul 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Introduction
    The world of Rydia is a magical and mystical place. The fabrics of the entire world are held together by Aeons, mystical forces that reside in six elemental Crystals. Without the Aeons, Rydia will literally shatter into pieces, becoming nothing more than debris floating around in space. But who would dare even attempt something like that?

Rydia
    Rydia is the world of Summoners, a species with the inner ability to call upon powerful beings called Summons for various purposes. In the age of old, the ancient Rydians were called ‘Callers’ and had Summoning abilities beyond anything that current Rydians have. There were the demonic Black Mages who controlled the elements, the angelic White Mages who healed both Callers and Summons, urban Red Mages who called upon the Arcane Arts to modernize Rydia, animal-like Blue Mages who called on Father Time and the fundamental force of gravity, and monkish Geomancers (an old Rydian word meaning 'Green Mage') who called upon the planet itself. While these are the same races of Rydia today, back then they were much more…mingled with each other and much, much more powerful.

Each of the Rydian races are known not just for their magick, but their respective Summons as well. Each Black Mage had three Elemental Avatars, a trio of spirits composed of elements. Every White Mage was partnered with a Totema, a strong golem that protects, fights for, and works for its Summoner. All Red Mages proudly ride their Gestalts, mechanical Summons that can change forms from a fighter to a vehicle. A Blue Mage makes his Espers, fairy-like Summons with the ability to shapeshift, his best friends. The monkish Geomancers are the only Rydians without Summons, as they refer to their magick of nature ‘Summoning the planet itself.’
    Background
    Back when Rydians of all colors and magick could form a single house in peace, over 2000 years ago, a dark force came out of nowhere. To this day, no Rydian knows the motive or person behind the dark force, but it came into sudden power. The dark force destroyed the First Aeon and started to gather the Eidolons, powerful Summons with no Caller of their own who protect Rydia, to build a Summon Army. The destruction of the First Aeon awoke the Evoker, a Rydian with the capability to call forth a Summon from each race, not just his own. The Evoker challenged the dark force and was soon joined by 5 female Rydians, each from a different race. Viera of the Black Mages wielded a bow along with her three Elemental Avatars. Yuna of the White Mages used her staff to command her Totema, Fayth. The Red Mage Etro fought alongside her Gestalt, Pulse, with a sword that shifted into a gun. Terra, a quiet Blue Mage, and her playful Espers, Locke and Celes, supported the Evoker with her steel blade. Finally, a Geomancer named Garnet allied both her dagger and nature itself with the Evoker. Together, these 6 Rydians defended the Aeons, freed the Eidolons, saved Rydia, and defeated the dark threat. Afterwards, the Evoker vanished, wishing to live a life of peace and solitude with his personal Summons.

Each of the Evoker’s five female companions (known today as the ‘Colored Goddesses’) sought to lead their races as their own kingdoms in order to insure peace so no one would want the Aeons’ power. Over time, the word ‘Callers’ became replaced with ‘Summoners.’ Rydia was separated into several continents, five of which were named after the Colored Goddesses. All Black Mages started using the name Vierans to refer to themselves, White Mages called themselves Yunes, Red Mages Etrans, Blue Mages Terrans, and the close-knit Geomancers called themselves ‘Eikos,’ an ancient Rydian word meaning ‘siblings.’ While the Colored Goddesses’ plan succeeded and peace was kept for centuries after they passed on from this world, an unintended side-effect of the gathered races led to them separating and become more isolated from each other. As such, the Geomancers lived peacefully with nature while Black and White Mages formed towns. Blue Mages became travelers while Red Mages built high-tech cities and resembled street gangs.

Story
    Now with the days of a mixed Mage society long gone and a threat no longer left in the world, tales of the Evoker seemed to have become legends. But when the first Aeon mysteriously shatters, a young Geomancer calls forth his own Totema, a Summon exclusive to the White Mages. With this new power, he is revealed as the new Evoker and cast out of his clan, told to go master his abilities and stop whatever threat awakened his Evoker powers.

It seems that the dark force that once threatened the world has returned. With the magick of Summoners now reduced to a descendant-like fraction of what they were and an Evoker with no idea how to use his powers or any experience or Colored Goddesses of his own, there is little to stop this mysterious evil from shattering the Aeons and destroying Rydia.

Races
    /Summons/Aeons
    Rydians are divided into five known races, each with their own specific type of Summons. The Evoker isn't considered a race, but a separate being altogether, evolved from one specific Rydian. Of course, the evil force behind the destruction of the First Aeon may not fit into any of these. Each race of Rydian is linked to their Summons by a special object (Sun-Crysts, Auracite, Mana Drive, and Magicite), specialize in a specific 'colored' magick, and have a specific Aeon housed in an Elemental Crystal sheltered somewhere in their continent.
    Aeons are the mystical and powerful god-like forces that keep the world of Rydia together. Legend says that they're also the lines of defense, holding back the deadliest force ever to exist.

Vierans, the Black Mages
    Vierans are known for their pointed ears and their small dragon-like wings that enable them to fly. They wield long-rage weapons and Black Magick, magick centered around the Elemental Spectrum. Their Summons are Elemental Avatars, a trio of spirits that are extensions of the Vierans' psyches composed entirely of elements. A Black Mage will Summon its Elemental Avatars from his/her Sun-Cryst, a jewel with three colors. The Vieran Aeon is housed inside the Darkness Crystal.

Yunes, the White Mages
    Yunes are known for their large angelic wings that can send them high into the atmosphere. They wield blunt weapons and the power of White Magick, healing magick that is considered 'blessings' instead of spells. Their Summons are Totema, silent golems that extremely durable and strong and fight for, protect, and work for their Summoners. Totema are kept in Auracite, a blue jewel that Yunes wear. The Yune Aeon is housed inside the Holy Crystal.

Etrans, the Red Mages
    Etrans are known for their tattooed bodies and technological nature. They tend to use high tech weapons (usually weapons that changes forms) and have the power of the Arcane Arts, 'modern magick' that is nonelemental in nature and grants them a special sense when it comes to technology. Their Summons are Gestalts, vehicles that transform into a warrior mode. Each Etran builds his/her Gestalt and finishes by embedding a piece of their soul into it. Etrans tend to park their Gestalt, instead of 'unSummoning' into a jewel like other races, but they use Mana Drives, special keys, to transform their Gestalts into warrior mode. The Etran Aeon is housed inside the Magma Crystal.

Terrans, the Blue Mages
    Terrans are known for their animal-like tails and are known as travelers. They tend to use sharp weapons (anything with an edge) and excel in the Blue Forces, magick that is composed entirely of the forces of time and gravity. Their Summons are Espers, fairly-like Summons that range from small to humanoid to beastly in size and shape. Espers are playful shapeshifters that come in pairs to each Terran. When a Terran is 13 years old, he/she will pray to the forces of time and gravity surrounded by the Terran's family. If an Esper hears the prayer, it will touch the Terran's heart and be linked forever as Summon and Summoner. Up to two Espers can touch a Terran's heart. Espers reside in Magicite, magical stones that the Terrans keep on their person. The Terran Aeon is housed in the Steel Crystal.

Eikos, the Geomancers
    Eikos can be recognized by a small horn on their forehead and are thought of as monks. They tend to use their bodies as weapons, and such only use things that enhance their bodies (gauntlets, knuckles, greaves) or small weapons such as daggers. Unlike the other races, Eikos do not have a separate magick and Summons. Instead, they use 'Earth Divination,' a type of magick that allows them to manipulate the terrain. They consider this 'Summoning the planet itself,' and do not think of themselves lacking a Summon. Eikos are considered adults when an older Eiko decides to test a younger one. The Eiko Aeon is housed inside the Life Crystal.

The Evoker
    The Evoker isn't a race, but more of a being, or it could even be viewed as a set of powers. Legend says that there can only be one Evoker in existence at a time, but the last one hasn't been seen for over 2000 years. According to the story, the Evoker's abilities awoke when the First Aeon was destroyed. The Evoker, no matter what race, will end up with the Summons of all races, three Elemental Avatars, a Totema, two Espers, a Gestalt, and will even end up with GeoMagic (confirming that the Earth Divination is indeed a Summoning technique). However, the Evoker will not be able to learn the magick of other races (save for GeoMagic).

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

• Under skies of blue and through fields of green​
    • Forever partners we shall be.
    • Against the world, we'll stand together.
    • I'll fight with you, my friends, now and forever.

Green grass beneath them, blue skies over them, brown trees topped with dark green leaves surrounding them, an invisible breeze blowing around them, the forests of Garnet behind them, and the land of Viera ahead of them, Xanatos and Highwind slowly strolled through the forest. The gold Chocobo's large talons, easily able to wrap around a grown Rydian's head, clenched with every step on the damp ground. Highwind chirped and ruffled his feathers, breaking the silence its partner was riding in. "Getting tired, friend?" A calm, young man's voice asked, coming from the rider's mouth. The Chocobo shook his head and stopped, before turning its neck slightly. One eye met its rider, and a trill escaped from his beak. Xanatos Feymarch smiled and let go of the reins. He raised his left hand, letting the large green sleeve from his tunic-like robe fall, and ran through his silver hair and closed his eyes. He rested his fingers on a singular point, the tip of his horn, hidden beneath his bangs. What felt like years passed while the young Eiko took in the breeze in silence.
    "Chirp, chrrrrrrp!"
    His Chocobo's trill quickly snapped him out of his trance. "Forgive me, Highwind. My thoughts took over me," he said, smiling. "Here, I have something for you somewhere." He opened the pouch strapped around his stomach and dug through belongings. Among all of the items -mostly sentimental objects he chose to take on his journey- he pulled out a small bag of small, golden-green carrots. "Gysahl Greens, the greatest Chocobo delicacy for the greatest Chocobo in all of Rydia!" Xanatos cheered as he closed his pouch and hopped off from his seat. The Chocobo trilled once again, this time excitedly, and watched him as his boots thudded against the dirt. Xanatos quickly opened the small clear bag and, with his left hand, fed its contents to his Chocobo. With his right hand, he petted Highwind's face, running his fingers through the Chocobo's gold feathers. As his best friend ate from his hand, the sharp beak grazing across his skin but never cutting it, Xanatos' eyes laid upon his right hand. Through Highwind's feathers, there was a glimmer of blue, resting on his middle finger. Once again, Xanatos fell into a trance.

3. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

The sweet melody of birds chirping in the trees. Kiri opened her violet eyes to see not the familiar blue sky but a tavern roof above her. The bed creaked as she sat up. Glancing down she noticed her clothes were missing. "Odd...I wonder what happened to my clothes." she mumbled. "It's your own fault. You walked yourself into a coma cause you were too stupid to realize you had caught a cold. I can't believe a cold caught you off-guard. Silly girl." Kiri waved her hand at the voice and ended up smacking a little creature backwards into the wall. "Don't lecture me on my faults Gerun. I don't have time to listen to them. Now...where are my clothes." The little light blue fairy was seeing stars as it flew in tiny circles and landed on Kiri's shoulder. "The tavern master took them to be washed. Zeromus said he'd follow and tell me when they were ready to be picked up at the front desk." A small smile played on Kiri's face as she slipped out of bed. "That's thoughtful of him. Hm?" her attention diverted down to the floor as a small hermit crab came skuttling over to her feet. "Zeromus, honestly you two choose the strangest forms." Zeromus didn't make a sound and instead Gerun flicked his incredibly green fairy hair, "It's not our fault. We took these images from your mind. And...you had a hermit crab when you were little,correct? Zeromus is only trying to cheer you up. Being indoors isn't your favorite. So let's go get your clothes and be on our way. You promised we'd be able to see the Yunes Mountains, right?" Kiri combed out her purple hair with her fingers and nodded gently, "That's right." She started to head for the door to her room before Zeromus made a shrill noise, stopping her in her tracks. "What is it?" Gerun fluttered around her, wrapping the sheets from the bed around her body before landing back on her shoulder holding the edge of the sheets tightly in his little hands, "A lady must never leave the privacy of her own room until she is dressed." Kiri laughed, "You're right. I should be more considerate of my own self."

A chilly everlasting winter wind whipped around Yunalesca's long legs. She could feel the cold pricking at her skin, but never would it dare hurt her this time. She lightly brushed delicate fingers along the jewels on her hips. One day...I'll find a way to live where I'm not considered strange to my own people. Her emotions raged inside her heart but she'd never open that gate. Not while she was to remain calm and collected. "And then, we can live happily. Right?" To anyone else it would seem she was talking to herself, but in Yunalesca's mind, her Avatars were always present. Wind, Lightning, and Ice...two elements she couldn't control on her own but Lighting happened to become her favorite. To everyone else, she also appeared to be strange from the scarce amount of clothing she wore. Yunalesca wouldn't dare refer to herself as human. The bangles on her ankles jingled as she started forward along the mountain path again, her bare feet felt like they were covered in soft fur shoes. Her magic didn't allow her to step on the actual ground. A gentle constant wind under her feet kept her from crushing the life below her. Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur~ Kind kitty, gentle kitty, purr purr purr~ she sang to the mountains to ease her lonliness as the same cold winter wind tossed her long silver hair across her shoulders.

4. Arch Mana Knight

"Gah...not again!" Cid growled lowly and revved the engine of his bike, staring at the open blue ocean. The ground tore beneath the cycle's wheels as he backed up and started forth once again, this time he traveled farther before coming to a stop. Several rocks fell into the the water. "Come on, Fenrir! I thought I made you better than this." The engine roared again though not because he had done it himself. "Don't you go back-sassing me."

This had been going on for at least three hours. With Fenrir's ability, that he had made for it, Cid had been constructing a path to Terra from Etro. While he could not form land on water, he could extend the existing land from the shore. Though this process was taking far too long. Frustrated, he leaned over the bike and stared out at the vast ocean. There was nobody else who was willing to help him and he had traveled around the entire edge of Etro for some path, no matter how small, off the huge island. "I should've made a boat." Cid sighed out. Fenrir's engine suddenly cut off. "Guess I should've expected that after all this mess." He muttered as he hopped off the bike and sat down on the rocky path he had created with Fenrir's help. 'Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way...'

EDIT: OOC: Apparently there's...a bridge that my character could've used. I'm just going to go ahead and say that he's either too stubborn to use it or he'd end up running into other Red Mages(which he's not exactly allowed to be around).

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

"Hmm, I wonder where I should go."Kisala looked at the road in front of her. She had been traveling through the forest for a week now, and she still couldn't find a way out. She wanted to get out and explore the rest of the world, and train herself as well, more than anything. The only problem was, she couldn't figure out how to get out of her forest. The road in front of her split off into two directions, and she didn't want to choose the way that got her deeper in the woods. If she ever got out of Garnet, the last thing Kisala wanted was to see another large amount of trees.
    "Chirrp"
    Kisala look down and patted her chocobo, Nest. She wouldn't go anywhere without her friend. Ever since Nest was little Kisala took care of it, and now that it was fully grown, it followed Kisala wherever she went. Although, there were times when she really didn't need Nest following her.
    "I know, you want out of here as well."Kisala struggled to decide the path to take. She didn't want to stay in the same place forever, so she decided to just go to the left. She hoped that she was taking the right route.
    Chirp chirp. Chirrrrp
    "Don't worry, I'll get us something to eat soon."Kisala knew they needed to eat soon, otherwise the both of them might colapse from hunger.

6. Aura Goddess

"Thank you!" Rhia's voice echoed throughout the small area she was in, her Totema standing beside her as it set down a large rock blocking their path. It shook its head at her, causing her to frown at him and cross her arms. "Hey! I said 'thank you'! Why are you so stubborn sometimes?" Hecatoncheir crossed his own arms and turned away from Rhia as it sat down on the rock it had moved. Rhia groaned and lowered her head, slowly moving her way towards her Totema. "I know we've been walking for a while. I'm tired too so just calm down. Now lets keep moving, Hecaton." Rhia smiled at her Totema before turning away and continuing to walk. "Or else I'm leaving you here!" Before she knew it, Hecaton was quickly following behind her, staring down at her. She looked back at him and chuckled before looking ahead of her. "I knew that'd get you to listen."

Rhia stretched her arms up and sighed out loudly, looking over her shoulder and towards where they had come from. She could still slightly feel the cold air from Yuna, making her groan out of frustration. "It feels like we haven't really walked that much."

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

While his childhood partner happily ate from his hand, Xanatos focused on his right hand. The Eiko carefully studied it, oblivious to the world around him. The silver band was a gift from the elder of his village, the only thing the village could think to give him for his journey. Setting on the band was a blue jewel, which the ring was designed for. He knew that jewel was an Auracite, the White Mage's special jewel of housing their Summons, Totema. Xanatos frowned and brought the jewel close to his face. He could feel it...no, not "it." He could feel him. The Auracite was more than a sapphire-colored jewel, it was his Totema.

"Chirp?" Highwind finished eating and turned to see his partner (for the Chocobo never considered himself anything less) in a trance. Though his mind was simple, the Chocobo was intelligent enough to know Rydian emotion. Even more so, he knew his partner well enough to know what he was thinking. He let out another chirp, and touched his large beak to the ring.
    "Yes, I suppose I should," Xanathos replied, knowing exactly what Highwind wanted to see. Xanathos grabbed Highwind's reins and pulled the Chocobo hastily -but carefully- through the forest until they were hidden in the shadow of a large tree. Using his golden-brown eyes, the young Rydian glanced around. Using his rounded ears, the young Eiko listened closely. Seeing and hearing no other form of life, he knew it was safe. "Mother Rydia, grant me your strength," the young Geomancer whispered as he clapped his hands together. "Here we go, Highwind!"

8. Always Dance Chaser

Devas sat down against a large, safe-looking tree. He absentmindedly wrapped his tiger-like tail around it as much as he could, as if to claim the spot.
    His travels had brought him to a forest in Garnet. It was the farthest he'd ever been from his home. He had enjoyed his travels in Garnet so far, but he decided he wanted to see Viera, and so there he was heading. But at the moment, he was quite tired of this forest.

I hate this place, Devas said mentally to his Espers. Do you have any idea how much longer this forest goes?

Not anymore than you do, said Diablos from his Magicite. I still don't get why you won't carry a map.

Devas smiled. Ruins the fun.

And are you having fun, Devas? Seraph chimed in.

Devas chuckled out loud. I guess not. But you know what? I should!
    Devas clutched his Magicite to his chest, and Diablos and Seraph emerged in their regular forms.

"Diablos," Devas was speaking aloud now, "I want you to use Vanish, go and find something big and edible that will put up a fight."

"Now you're talking," Said Diablos, speaking as well.
    Diablos suddenly became invisible and flew up into the air, going to search for something for Devas to fight.

"What can I do?" Asked Seraph.

"Hm...Can you turn into a pillow?"

Seraph looked disappointed. "Oh. Sure..."

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

"Ugh, how much longer till we reach a town?"Kisala rubbed her stomach, trying to hang on, considering how hungry she felt. She though that she would faint any moment if she didn't eat something. She was getting desperate enough to want to eat all the trees around her."Yeah, I don't think I would want to do that,"She sighed, hoping to find even a mushroom to eat.
    "Chirp?"Nest looked at Kisala. She could tell that Nest was worried, since they both haven't had anything to eat for nearly a day. They still had plenty of water, but it was running out too. Just then, Kisala heard a sound. She strained her ears, trying to find out what it was.
    After listening for a minute, she thought it was the sound of an animal. She didn't even wonder what kind of animal, she just needed something.

"Let's head on over ther Nest. If it's really an animal, maybe we can get something to eat after all."
    "Chirp Chirrp!"The chocobo took off flying, both of them wanting to find out if they had finally found something to eat.

10. Always Dance Chaser

Diablos reappeared to the relaxing Devas after a few minutes

"There's a pack of Fangs up ahead. Shouldn't be too much of a problem, but they'll fight."

"Sound's great! Said Devas. "Okay, you turn into a Scythe and lead the way mentally. Seraph, you stay behind and keep watch in case anything really bad happens."

Diablos became a scythe while Seraph reshape herself into her regular human form. Devas began to float and headed to where Diablos was telling him to go.

OOC:Sorry but I won't be able to post again until Tuesday.

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

OOC: Slaughtermatic (I keep wanting to call you Xakota), that's completely fine. We're off to a slow start anyway~ See ya when you get back~
    BIC:

With his gold Chocobo watching, Xanatos released his hands and slammed one into the ground. He felt Geomancy at work, as if his own life energy was intertwining with the planet's. Large mounds, he asked Rydia to give him, which she soon obliged. The ground shook and the grass shot up in a number of places: the ground shot up into mounds almost his size. "Now for the hard part," he whispered as he stood straight and looked at his hand. His eye stopped on his Auracite ring. He felt Construct 8 inside. A chirp told him he was waiting to long. Xanatos let out a sigh and extended his arm. "Come on out, Construct 8," he called. His ring started to glow brightly and the jewel shot out, growing as it did. Within seconds, the jewel was larger than him and in the shape of some sort of robot. Except for its eyes and chestplate, the mecha was light blue in color with green lining. His chest plate was gray and three glowing purple circles adorned it. His eyes were glowed red from inside its helmet. However, Construct 8's most defining feature was his left arm: a large steel drill just as tall as he was, which was about two heads taller than Xanatos. The Geomancer smiled and simply said, "Hello, friend."

"Yeah, that's what I'm talking about!" The enthusiastic shout was somewhat muffled by the wind. Over the skies land of Etro -well, much closer to the sky than the land- a purple blur flew at great speed. If one looked closely (though it would be difficult considering the speed), a red-clad figure would be visible, riding the purple blur. Alessander Rainemard, or Ales for short (Pronounced "Alice"), was your typical Etran. A Red Mage from the land of Etro, the youth loved speed, machines, and thrills. And the Gestalt he had built for himself gave him all that more. With his blue hair held beneath his red hat and his red coat flailing behind him, Ales looked down at his ride and smiled. When a group of Terrans traveled through Ales' neighborhood, he noticed how several Espers could fly. There was so much more freedom in the skies than in the streets and that pushed Ales to build Bahamut, the purple dragon Gestalt. Ales couldn't believe it; his Gestalt was more animal than vehicle and he loved it. How many vehicles would be able to fly the way Bahamut could? "Let's do this!" He cheered, ready to test his last question. As rider and dragon approached the shoreline of Etro, the Red Mage grabbed the ride's neck and the Gestalt obliged to the rider's request and dove towards the ground.

12. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Kiri knelt near her door and cracked it open, sending her two friends into the hallway, "And don't come back until you have my clothes." She watched the little hermit crab and fairy disappear down the stairs and sat back, stroking her black cat tail. She had no idea where she was.

Yunalesca skidded down the side of the mountain's steep slope on a pice of bark. The first time she'd touched something with her bare feet. A delighted laugh slipped from between her lips.

13. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Xanatos' golden brown eyes were met with glowing red ones. He had to strain his neck slightly to look up, as Construct 8 was at least two heads taller than him (and Xanatos was considered taller than average for most Eikos!). As for the Totema's width, it was less than twice as wide as its Summoner, but Xanatos had the feeling that he could fit comfortably inside of his White Mage Summon. "Construct 8," he started, pointing to the mounds, "Can you get rid of these grass mounds for me?" He asked nicely. Though Construct 8 was his Totema, and he knew that Totema (along with most other Summons) obediently obeyed their Sumoners, he was raised an Eiko, and Eikos asked Rydia to assist them; they would never command her. Xanatos watched carefully, along with Highwind, as Construct 8 nodded ever so slightly and turned around, creaking as he did. With heavy footsteps, the Totema walked towards the nearest grass mound and raised its drill.​

14. Arch Mana Knight

"GET BACK HERE, PUNK!"

"I'd rather not." Cid muttered under his breath as the wind rushed passed him, the roar of Fenrir's engine being the only comforting sound he could hear as an angered fellow Etran chased after the two only to be left behind in the dust. Cid had a change of heart and decided to go through one of the more popular bridges off of his homeland despite knowing that someone would recognize him and want to give him a good beating for practically destroying several buildings back home. "Man...it was only one experiment. How was I supposed to know that kind of magic was ridiculously unstable and possibly lethal?" He sighed out loudly. "The Book of Forbidden Arts only had one warning in it and that was a footnote on the first page!" He slowed Fenrir down once he was far enough along the bridge. Yuna was not too far away by now. Thankfully with a bike like his he could get around faster than any other mage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What little grass remained on the edge of the cliff began to rot and shrivel away as a pair of boots walked by. An extremely pale, bone-white actually, hand reached forth and gripped the rotten wooden pole, breaking it and letting the pieces crumble and fall into the empty mist below. Though others would not have known it, the chunks of wood left around were what remained of an ancient bridge that once lead to the lowerlands. The man waved a hand causing the swirling mist in front of him to clear slightly though a thick layer behind it still obscured all view beyond. "In just a few moments, we will have our path cleared." The man said in a heavy rasping voice. "Ashnard...you shall be the first to set foot on the ground."

OOC: Just to be clear. That's the acting leader of the bad guys speaking. << >> I've forgotten his name and am still looking for a profile I had for him.

15. Aura Goddess

A loud sigh escaped Rhia's lips as she stretched her arms up into the air, her wings stretching far from her body. "Finally!" she shouted, leaning forward a little as she saw a bridge in the distance. "See, Hecaton?! I told you we weren't lost." A quite giggled came from Rhia as her Totema crossed his arms and turned away from her. She faced forward and lowered her head slightly, staring down at her's and Hecaton's shadow. Her eyes narrowed as she felt a slightly warmer breeze run against her body, a small smile forming. "At least we've made a distance." Inhaling deeply, Rhia raised her head and continued forward, her Totema suddenly returning to the Auracite hanging from her neck. She wasn't quite sure where the bridge led to, however, she was sure she was heading the right direction - to Etro. At least that's what she hoped.

16. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Kisala chased after the animal that was in front of her. She was so hungry that the trees were starting to look good. Then she began to feel quesy. Thinking about eating trees and her race, she didn't think that was right. She was getting sidetracked though. She might be going a little crazy, but she was so hungry she wanted to eat trees that she had to have something soon. She noticed the creature take a turn to the left, and she followed it. Nest ran as fast as it could. She knew that Nest was also hungry and nothing would get in its way.
    "I feel like I'm in the middle of some sort of show or something like that,"Kisala muttered to herself.
    Eventually the animal took a turn to the right. She had no idea where it was going, but all these turns were making her get even more quesy. She couldn't tell what kind of animal it was, but she knew that cooked right it was going to be delicious.
    The animal began to run faster. Nest tried as hard as it could to keep up with the animal.

"Wow, this thing is pretty good. It's even giving Nest a run for its money."Kisala held on to Nest as hard as she could, hoping not to fall off.
    Kisala took a look where they were. They had completely deviated from their original path. The forest seemed to be getting thicker, and there was no way she could tell where she was. But at that second, she noticed something. The trees were different from the ones on the path. These were a sort of younger than the others, and while they were tall, they were nothing like those at her home. She looked in front of her, straining her eyes with the wind in her eyes. Having Nest run as fast as it was didn't help much.
    Kisala tried as hard as she could to look as far as she could. She had somewhat good eyesight, so she hoped that she was seeing what she thought she was seeing.

"Nest!"Kisala yelled at her Chocobo,"Keep following that animal! It might be leading us out of here!"She had no idea if her Chocobo heard her, and she knew she was stating the obvious, since Nest seemed to want to eat the creature, but if she was right, it was actually leading them out of the forest.
    Soon enough Kisala found out that she was right. The forest did seem thicker, but as soon as it had gotten thicker, it began to thin out. The trees weren't nearly as close together as they were before, and eventually she noticed a plain in front of them. She didn't know how, but apparently this strange creature knew how to lead them out of the forest. Although, how it knew where they were going was another question altogether.
    Evnetually, the pair made it the edge of the forest. Kisala held her breath. The view that she caught was not something that could be explained in just words. The plain stretched to the horizen, and all along it were beautiful creatures. She couldn't even tell what kind of creatures they were. When she looked toward the sky she caught sight of at least six flocks of birds flying around. She couldn't believe it. Her hunger didn't bother her at this point, since she was so entranced by the spectacle. The plain itself was just a large amount of grass, but there was something calm about the look.
    Kisala looked over to her side. There stood the creature that they had chased. She had no idea what type of creature it was. The only points that she could make out were the paws and head were that of a panther, but the rest was just a bunch of a black-purple smoke. She had seen nothing like it.

"You wanted to help us out of the forest, didn't you?"The creature nodded it's head.Well, thank you. I don't know how long it would have taken to get out of there if it wasn't for you."
    The smokey creature seemed satisfied, or at least, that's what Kisala could make out, and headed back into the forest.
    "Chirrrp,"Nest hung its head, probably wishing for its meal to come back.
    "Aw cheer up you big chicken, at least we're out of the forest now."While that was what Kisala said, she knew that the moment they got out of the forest, something was wrong. She felt an ominous around her. The scene was great, but even with her magic skills, she new something was coming. Not directly towards her, but something was going to happen. She could tell just by looking at the land, and something told her it wasn't something she wanted to meet.

17. No Heart-X Destiny Islands Resident

"Alright then." A tall and lanky man walked up behind him with a sword in his hand. His skin was extremely pallid, and his hair was as dark as night, falling in his face and partially covering his lavender-colored eyes. He was dressed in all black and wore a blank expression on his face, almost as if he was bored. The blade that he carried had no guard whatsoever, it only had a grip and a sheath. He looked directly at the man in front of him, and with a dull sound in his voice, he asked, "Then what?"

OOC: So sorry I haven't posted, been busy with school. Actually I started break today, so I should be able to post more frequently. Well, at least for two weeks anyway.

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Highwind watched just as intently as his master (though Xanatos considered Highwind friend and partner, the Chocobo considered the Eiko friend and master).
    "Hmmm..." Xanatos watched as Construct 8 raised its drill. The machine started to spin, giving off sparks as it did. Suddenly, the Totema slammed the drill on the first mound of earth, shredding it easily. Xanatos' golden eyes widened and he heard Highwind utter a low trill. Then, Construct 8 turned to another mound, this time thrusting his drill through it.

[​IMG]
    "Watch it."
    It came out as an unintended growl, but Angelo liked it. He always loved hearing his own voice, especially when it was menacing. "
    Stupid Etrans," he growled again, this time on purpose as he watched two Etrans chase a third past him. The last Etran had almost run him over. "I'm damn glad I'm not one of you," he mused again as he continued walking. Despite not being an Etran, his outfit would make one think he was. Unlike the other more...tribal mages, Etrans wore very modern clothes. His black shoes, white pants, and neatly tucked in gray shirt would give him away immediately, but if that didn't, the leather jacket with gold lining and golden shoulderpads definitely would...or perhaps the red cape might. On his back, beneath the cape, his Unholy Lance was hanging, the blade pointing to his lower left and the shaft extending past his right shoulder. His blond hair covered one eye, but his most distinguishing facial feature was the large scar on the center of his face. He was alone...or so it seemed. He felt someone else with him. Someone who had appeared in his life rather recently.
    Angelo Nelo now walked the bridge from Etro to Yuna.
    Behind him was his past as the former son of Red Mages and a failed Summoner. Ahead of him? His future and Rydia. He wasn't sure how, but he knew those two were definitely connected.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.