Digital Art Death of Spiderman Project

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Boy Wonder, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

For those of you that don't know, Ultimate Peter Parker died recently in a story arc called Death of Spiderman. It was quite a tearjerking series. After he died, there was a limited series called Ultimate Fallout that dealt with the world (not just his family and friends, though they were the focus for most of it) mourning him after it was revealed he was a high school student named Peter Parker and also led in to a few other things such as the new Spiderman (Miles Morales), Quicksilver's plan to trade mutant slaves (supposedly), Captain America quitting, Iron Man given a strange opportunity, and a few other things.

I decided to start a project where I do a new graphic focusing on each affected by his death. The first one was the prototype and it was focused on Gwen Stacy, Peter's ex/roommate that is now the only one staying with his Aunt May. This one's wallpaper sized, though they all won't be.

I mostly need tips on making it flow and fit in better.
    Quick story behind it: Gwen believes she's cursed, accompanies Aunt May to the funeral, changes her hair since the media are all over them, and then they take Tony Stark's offer to take them anywhere they want (Paris).

2. Garxena Hollow Bastion Committee

Way to make me all emotional! ;~;

This is a really neat idea. I think they all should be wallpaper sized, gives you more room to work with and us a better view of the work. <3

I really like the panels you chose to use. They each express Gwen in a lovely way. If I had made it, I would have had her and Peter (or Spidey) hugging in the middle (if I could find a full-length shot of them for it). That would show just how close they were (I think hugs can be more intimate than kisses at some times). Also, to make it "flow" you could use the blur tool -- it's one of my favorite tools -- to swirl or smudge the edges of some of the more square panels (esp the 3 in the upper left corner). That way it won't look like a quilt. Or if you wanted to keep the squareness instead of rounding or softening it, you could put borders around some of the panels (different sizes, colors, widths, etc).

Those are my thoughts! Overall, I really, really love this. And I can't wait to see the others!