My Angel, A HP Halloween SongFic

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Princess Rapunzel, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Princess Rapunzel Flower, gleam and glow

A old songfic I wrote when the last book came out. NOTE: It was before I read the final book, and wanted to try a fanfic when Harry dies, not to mention when I was a bigger Harry x Hermione fan than I am now. The song is Angels, by Within Temptation. But overall, the idea is after Harry dies, Hermione is haunted by his angel, who stops her suidice and helps her down a new path. Enjoy.

~

It was a gray and gloomy day at London Cemetery for some people, a group of people stood as a coffin was being lowered into the ground, the group wore all black, one person in the group, a girl with long wavy brown hair and deep brown eyes just watched the coffin as if it was nothing.

The people around her cried, Hermione Granger ignored all the cries around her, Virginia Weasley cried the most, Ron Weasley sobbed a bit. It was the funeral of Harry Potter, the only person Hermione cared about. But Hermione looked like she wanted to forget about him.

She could remember all the years they'd spent together as if they were yesterday. His voice, his touch, even though Hermione tried to rid herself of them, they remained there. She just couldn't forget him, no matter how hard she tried; he remained there as if he was a part of her. Hermione tried the hardest to forget his death three days before.

Three days ago, Hermione witnessed a duel between Harry and his long time enemy, Voldemort. Harry had promised Hermione he would protect her, both he and Voldemort cast the killing curse at each other, and they both died. When the world heard what happened, they cheered and wept, because the Dark Lord was destroyed and their savior, who just turned eighteen, had died. Harry was going to ask Hermione to marry him

Everyone left after the coffin was buried, everyone but Hermione, she stared at the tombstone, which said:

Harry Potter

July 31st, 1980-August 1st, 1998

Savior of the Wizarding World

Beloved son and friend

We'll always remember you​

Hermione didn't notice a tear run down her cheek; she swore she could see Harry dressed in a white robe with white wings in front of her, a small smile on his face, his emerald green eyes shone with happiness.

Sparkling Angel I believed

You are my savior in my time of need

"Harry…" Hermione stared at him, this angel who was once her best friend and the person she loved.

During their last year, Hermione and Harry were dating, but something kept telling Hermione to stay away from Harry. But she didn't hear it; she was too blinded by her faith for him to hear it.

Blinded by faith, I couldn't hear

All the whispers, the warnings so clear

Hermione only watched Harry joined his parents in the sky, and sighed. Now Harry can finally be with his parents, she turned and walked to her apartment. As she turned the key in the door lock, she thought about Harry and his parents.

I see the angels; I'll lead them to your door

There's no escape now

No mercy no more

No remorse cause I still remember

The smile when you tore me apart

She still remembered the smile which Harry wore that satisfied himself before the duel with Voldemort. He always wore that smile to satisfy himself about something, and around her. Even if it meant dying to protect her.

You took my heart

Deceived me right form the start

You showed me dreams

I wish that they turn into real

When he was still alive, Harry had a surprise for Hermione each month. He took her to places that wouldn't be on a map, gave her treasure that would be unknown to the wizards. The things he gave her and places he showed her made her think it was all a dream.

You broke the promise and made me realize

It was all just a lie

Hermione clutched a fist as she remembered the promise Harry made to her, he'd said he would always protect her, no matter what. But she got hurt by Draco Malfoy, and Harry was running toward Voldemort.

Sparkling Angel, I couldn't see

Your dark intentions, your feelings for me

She knew Harry's feelings for her, but his intentions for the others she didn't know. She only knew he wanted to get revenge for the murder of his parents seventeen years ago.

Fallen Angel, tell me why

What is the reason, the thorn in you eye?

She realized the term Fallen Angel suited him, when she saw him in the cemetery, she only saw black wings on him instead of white. She got up and walked to a room, tears streaming down her face. Hermione entered a spare room in her apartment, the only things in there was a drawer and a large bed. She walked to the drawer and looked down at the top, not thinking, and grabbed something.

I see the angels; I'll lead them to your door

There's no escape now

No mercy no more

Even though Hermione realized what she grabbed was a gun, she didn't care, pointing it at her head, her finger on the trigger, Hermione looked ready to kill herself. But before she pulled the trigger, a voice stopped her. "Hermione, don't kill yourself…"

No remorse cause I still remember

She turned around and saw Harry standing there, his wings folded. Slowly, he walked toward her, putting his hand on hers, lowering the gun. Hermione stared into his emerald green eyes, as Harry leaned forward and kissed her, the gun fell out of her hand and landed on the ground.

You took my heart

Deceived me right from the start

You showed me dreams

I wished they turned into real

Remembering the things he gave her, the places he showed her, Hermione pulled the angel away. Tears ran down her cheeks as she realized Harry broke his promise to protect her and it was just a lie. All he cared about was beating Voldemort.

It was all just a lie

"Hermione, if I lived, we could have been together forever," he said.

"We've reached the end, Harry!" Hermione shouted.

Could have been forever

But we have reached the end

Hermione knew she couldn't love Harry anymore; she grabbed the gun and pointed it at Harry. She remembered Harry told her during their sixth year, the world failed to realize he was going to sacrifice himself to save it.

This world may have failed you

It doesn't give the reason why

You could have chosen a different path in life

If only Harry chose a different path to really prove he'd love her, maybe he could have lived and they would be together.

You took my heart

Deceived me right from the start

You showed me dreams

I wished they turned into real

It was all just a lie

Hermione dropped her gun and fell to her knees; her tears fell to the ground. Harry unfolded his wings and wrapped them around him, and he disappeared. When she looked up and saw he was gone, Hermione stood up and heard his voice.

'Wait a few years before dying. Then I won't stop you.'

Smiling, Hermione picked the gun and put it in her pocket. A few years later, Hermione became 'Hermione Granger the Dark Slayer', because she killed the rest of the dark wizards and witches who were with Voldemort with only a gun, and she always wore black. When she was asked about why she became the Dark Slayer, she said because of a certain angel.

~

Should I write about Miss Book-Worm as this Dark Slayer? Tell me what you think.