The Tournament

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Lauriam, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

So, I'm kind of doing this for a test run, see if anyone likes the idea. If it turns out well, I might make this a repeated thing. Soooo... let's see how it goes!

[​IMG]

The setting: 25th century Earth. The prize: Fame and fortune. The Tournament is televized to every home in the world, and gets more hits on the internet than anything else. The Tournament is the worldwide standard of top-of-the-line entertainment, the seats around the stadium can sell for thousands of dollars a seat to twenty dollars, depending on how far away you are. The winner of The Tournament gets a cash reward of millions, as well as being named Grand Champion, and every tenth event, the Grand Champions from the last ten Tournaments are then placed in a Tournament Royale, the winner of which is named Grand Champion Ultima, and is awarded another cash prize of billions. Some enter because they need the money, some enter because they want the fame, some enter because they like the thrill of the game, but only one may win.

The Tournament is an open contest, anyone may enter, but only the first twenty to sign up are allowed in the tournament. The contestants are split into two teams of ten, and the teams are pitted against each other in each event. The judge scores each contestant points for loyalty, strength, leadership, speed, abilty, stamina, perseverence, strategy, and sportsmanship. The lowest-scoring contestant from each team is eliminated after each event. If a member of a team is injured to an extent that they are unable to participate in the next event, they are eliminated in place of the contestant with the lowest score. If a member of a team is caught breaking the rules of the event, they are disqualified in place of the contestant with the lowest score. If more than one member of a team is injured and/or disqualified, the lowest scoring contestants will not be eliminated until they once again have the same amount of members as the opposing team.

The judge, the world-renowned Mr. Hamil David, is the master-mind behind the Tournament, he created it, he runs it, all the profits of The Tournament go to him. His son, Hamil David II is the sole heir of The Tournament, and is being trained to take his fathers place in the event of Hamil David's retirement. The cash reward that is given the winner comes from Mr. Hamil David, and his name is known to every man, woman, and child in the world as the richest man who ever lived. Mr. Hamil David organizes each event individually, and sets the rules for each event seperately. No one knows what the next event will be until he announces it to the contestants at the start of the match. He is the sole judge, and chooses which contestants leave the Tournament after each event.

The stadium for The Tournament is a beautiful building, bigger and grander than any other building that was ever made, with an entire food court/shopping district inside, and several resorts and hotels also in the building, the cheaper ones near the first floor, getting more expensive as you go up. The contestants are housed in the second-highest floor, into two sections, one for the Red team and one for the Blue team. Each section has ten bedrooms, a large kitchen, and a common room. Each bedroom is decorated with the team colors, and includes a bathroom and walk-in closet which will be filled with clothes, shoes, and accessories purchased for the contestant, the walk-away prize if they are disqualified or eliminated. The common room also is decorated with the team colors, and has a wide-screen 3D TV with cable, the most comfortable furniture money can buy, table-top games like fooseball and ping-pong, and one wall that is entirely window, with a fantastic veiw overlooking the city and the ocean beyond that. The highest floor is Mr. Hamil David's living quarters, and that's all you need to know about it.

On the roof of the stadium is an entire man-made beach and water park free for the contestants and higher-end guests, but extremely expensive for everyone else. In the center of the stadium is the arena, surrounded by enough bleachers to fit five million people, with huge bigscreens overhead, so everyone can see what's happening at any time. The battle field itself is three miles long and one mile wide, and it is constantly altered to fit the event, so it is sometimes a maze, sometimes a flat battle-scape, sometimes an obstacle course.

RP RULES

1: No powerplay or godmodding without permission from me and the related member.
    2: Do not leave the RP without letting me know beforehand, so I can take control of your character until the next elimination. If you must leave for a short time and wish to return to the RP after a few days, you must have a replacement member take control of your character temporarily, so I can continue judging fairly. If you decide to take this course of action, let me know beforehand so I don't just see another member suddenly posting for your character.
    3: This RP is rated PG, so keep the cussing, swearing, and crude or foul language to a minimum. Also, keep any romance to a PG level, not even a fade-to-black scene is allowed. Keep it relatively innocent, guys, there are some pretty young members on this site.
    4: While you, the member, must follow these rules, your character does not neccesarily have to follow the rules of The Tournament. In real life, people cheat, so your character may as well. However, if your character is caught cheating by my character, he/she will be disqualified, so cheating is a gamble. Sometimes I will ignore it, sometimes I won't. So, cheat at your own risk.
    5: OC's only. You may not enter characters from any video games, movies, or TV shows. Your character cannot be related to any character from any video game, movie, or TV show. You may enter characters that you used in other RP's, but they must be OC's. Any special powers or abilities they had before are no more, i.e., your character had Spidey-powers, not anymore. Your character had a Keyblade, not anymore. This RP is set in the future, in real life, so keep it realistic. All weapons will be provided if needed, so your character may not bring a weapon with them.
    6: You may only enter two characters in the tournament at a time (if enough members wish to enter, I may change this to one character at a time, but for now, it stays where it is.) However, you may enter up to four extra characters, to be in the audience, if you want to. Each contestant may bring two guests, if you have two contestants, and they each bring two guests, those are the four extras you are allowed to enter. If your character does not bring guests, you may enter these extras as whatever you want. If you are too late to join The Tournament, but still wish to participate in the RP, you may enter up to six guests, and they may be whatever you want them to be.
    7: If your character is elimintated, you may enter that character again if you wish. Your character can enter as many times as you wish, provided he/she does not win. If your character wins, you may not enter that character again until the Tournament Royale, which you may only enter once with that character. If you lose, you lose, and you may not enter that character into The Tournament again. If you win, your character is named Grand Champion Ultima, and you may not enter that character in The Tournament again. If your character wins and you wish to enter again, you must make a new character.
    9: There are two entry forms to fill out, one to post in the OOC thread for the other members to see, and one to PM to me with more information on your character. This way, other members will know as little about your character as possible, and the characters can get to know each other on their own. There is a third entry form to fill out for guests, and you must fill out a new form for each guest.
    10: YOU MUST USE PROPER SPELLING, GRAMMER, AND PUNCTUATION. This is very important. If I have a hard time reading your posts, I won't be able to understand what your characters are doing, and if I don't understand, my judge will dock points hurting your characters chances.

To show that you read the rules, find the mistake and include that in your entry form.

ENTRY FORMS

ENTRY FORM ONE: This is the entry form you will post in the OOC thread.

Username:
    Character name: (First and last names, please.)
    Stated Age: (This must be between the ages of 17 and 25)
    Appearance:
    Sex:
    Has this character been somewhat famous before?
    If so, list a few of their "well known" accomplishments, so the other members can know what their characters know.

ENTRY FORM TWO: This is the entry form you will PM me.

Username:
    Character name: (Nicknames, what they prefer to be called and what they introduce themselves as.)
    Real age: (This way, your character can be a little younger or a little older, and still enter by putting a fake age on their entry form.)
    Personality:
    Biography:
    Reason for entering The Tournament:
    Anything else important:
    Any family members or friends they brought as guests:
    The mistake in the rules: (If you can't figure it out, let me know, and I'll help you out. The important thing is, you read all the rules.)

ENTRY FORM THREE: This is the entry form for all guests. These also will be PM'd to me.

Username:
    Guest Character name:
    Sex:
    Reasons for attending the Tournament: (Are they with a contestant, are they a reporter, are they a famous person on vacation, are they a NORMAL person on vacation?)
    Seat row: (seat rows range from "1" being the best and most expensive to "2000" being the farthest away and the cheapest. If your character is a reporter for a big time paper or news channel, they will have backstage passes and be permitted on the field at the end of each event.)

CANON CHARACTERS
    Mr. Hamil David:
    The creator, producer, and judge of The Tournament.

Hamil David II:
    The son of Mr. Hamil David, and sole heir of the Tournament.
    [​IMG]

Vala Jayne Park:
    Reporter for the Press, on permanent assignment to cover The Tournament.
    [​IMG]

Kyle Evans:
    Freelance camera man, sometimes hangs out with Vala Jayne, but sometimes works on his own.
    [​IMG]

Danny Reese:
    Member of paperazzi, can be found lurking in places he shouldn't be, trying to get a good picture of embarrasing moments.
    [​IMG]

Ella Whitman:
    Housekeeper for the contestants.

CONTESTANTS
    Username: Noroz vi Britannia (Noroz)
    Character name: Itsuki Minami
    Stated Age: 24
    Appearance:
    [​IMG](Yes, like Lelouch). Tall and muscular. Very classy dresser, usually wears black jeans and a shirt with a vest
    [​IMG]and wears a similar tie. The shoes he wears are different colored shoes, (one white one black VANS, slipper look.)
    Has a tattoo on his shoulder blade of the initials R.N. inside a broken tribal heart.
    [​IMG]
    He is a rollerblader.
    [​IMG]
    One black and one white.
    Sex: Male
    He is well known in his local area for his extreme rollerblading skills. He jumps, he stunts, he wall rides, etc.

Username: Master of Keyblades
    Character name: Allen Walker
    Stated Age: 17
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    And this jacket:
    [​IMG]
    And headphones
    [​IMG]
    He saved his brother from drowning when they were kids.​

GUESTS
    GRAND CHAMPIONS

2. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

ENTRY FORM ONE: This is the entry form you will post in the OOC thread.

Username: Noroz vi Britannia (Noroz)

Character name: Itsuki "Ikki" Minami

Stated Age: 24

Appearance:

[​IMG]
    (Yes, like Lelouch)
    Tall and muscular. Very classy dresser, usually wears black jeans and a shirt with a vest
    [​IMG]
    and wears a similar tie. The shoes he wears are different colored shoes (one white one black VANS, slipper look). Has a tattoo on his shoulder blade of the initials R.N. inside a broken tribal heart.
    [​IMG] 5hit quality, but you get it.
    He is a rollerblader.
    [​IMG] One black and one White

He is well known in his local area for his extreme rollerblading skills. He jumps, he stunts, he wall rides, etc.

3. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Accepted. Welcome to The Tournament!

4. CrownMoksha Decimo

Username: Master if Keyblades
    Character name: Allen Walker
    Stated Age: 17
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]

And this jacket
    [​IMG]

And headphones
    [​IMG]

He saved his brother from drowning when they were kids

5. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

Username: Flowergothic
    Character name: Irene Alios
    Stated Age: 20
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Sex: Female
    Has this character been somewhat famous before? No

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Hey, sorry, but this tournament pretty much died before it started. XD

7. Mnyuu Merlin's Housekeeper

I tried to do something similar to this, but it kinda died...hopefully you have better luck than me :D

Username: Mnyuu
    Character name: Diana Elucia
    Stated Age: 18
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Sex: Female
    Is known to be a "mad scientist".

8. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Wow, well, I wasn't expecting this. If one more person decides to join, then I'll go ahead and keep it going, I'll just do a few modifications to the basic format and we'll go from there.

9. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

Ok, so can I enter my character?

10. Glen Returned from the dead

Username: Smurfasaurus
    Character name: Dax Hurtred
    Stated Age: 23
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Has this character been somewhat famous before? No
    If so, list a few of their "well known" accomplishments, so the other members can know what their characters know: N/A

Will pm form later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.