CiRCuS MoNSTeRS

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Marluxia912, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marluxia912 Destiny Islands Resident

CiRCuS MoNSTeRS (OPEN~)

CiRCuS MoNSTeRS - A Roleplay inspired by the songs Dark Wood Circus by Vocaloid and CiRCuS MoNSTeR by Circus-P

"Oh! You're here! You're here!

Tonight, we will be showing children that God has abandoned restlessly creeping out. Children who can't even carry the trembling limbs they were born with. Their shaking tongues even accidently cry out. The crowns of their heads that caress the dark clouds. They smile as they dream of their mother's embrace. Ooh, the deformity!...DEFORMITY.

Drop by and see him. Drop by and see him..."
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    "Deep, deep in the heart of the forest, there you'll find that circus"

.:Welcome to The Dark Woods Circus:.

What is The Dark Woods Circus? It is a place where the special gather.
    Special? Yes, we call them 'Special' but to mere humans...they are freaks of nature...they do not belong in this world. They are deformed, for no one could ever love them.
    Can I go to The Dark Woods Circus? Of course! All are welcome to see our shows. Our performers are always happy to see new faces. But beware...once you go in, you may never come out, for our 'performers' are so lonely and are looking for new beings to join them in their iNSaNiTY.

.:Plot:.
    The Dark Woods Circus is where people who are abnormal go, where they are more appreciated, but are also shown off to the public. It is not what they expected and they wish to leave. The ringmaster wouldn't allow it...if they leave, then they must perish. The deformed are welcomed and are to perform in the Circus forever until the end of their lives. They all wait for that one person or even people to save them from Dark Woods, but it seems they only come to see the MoNSTeRS. They laugh, wonder, and sometimes smile...but they never feel bad for them. The normal feel they are not worthy to feel sorry for...will the day ever come when the deformed are rescued from Dark Woods Circus?

.:Rules:.
    I. Please show respect to each other.
    II. There is no limit to the deformed. But a limit to two characters per player
    III. I need one more ringmaster
    IV. Limit your cursing. Sure, it can be every few post, but not like a whole sentence.
    V. It's not just deformed that can join...even the mentally messed up can join, but you might not be able to perform
    VI. There's no such thing as godmodding. This is a circus.
    VII. Not everyone is deformed. We need humans too
    VIII. Have fun...this is a circus, after all
    IX. Your favorite color will be the color of your performer costume and your post color
    X. Ideas will be discussed in the OOC thread and voted
    XI. No killing off characters without the person's knowing or permission please
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CiRCuS MoNSTeR OOC Thread

2. Marluxia912 Destiny Islands Resident

The towns streets continued to flood with people of all ages. Children coming home from school, Teens finishing up their High School or College homework and Adults finally getting off from work. The air was filled with chatter as everyone talked about the topic of the day. A new Circus that has opened just outside of the town in the woods. It was called Dark Woods Circus. Many flyers were handed out that morning by a Mysterious Figure dressed in all black and a hood over their head, so no one knew what they looked like. Not only that, but teens were even getting text messages about it. It was strange...
    This circus sounds interesting. There had been many rumors about it before, but now that it was actually open, everyone could finally see how special it really was. The performers sounded like a lot of fun to watch too. One that could control plants, another that could make things disappear, one that was like a vampire...and they even had someone that could just...well...fall apart like some doll. How could anyone resist?! Children continued to run on ahead of the adults and teens towards the woods. Teens continued to talk about how much fun or how pointless this Circus might be. Even the Adults were excited to see what this comotion was about. Although they hoped it was nothing too scary for the kids. Out of everyone in the crowd, six teens stood out the most...but...just what was so special about these six? Well, we shall soon find out.

The show is about to begin. Come inside, Take a seat and wait for the magic to begin

.:Welcome to Dark Woods Circus. Please Enjoy the Show:.

3. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Finally, she had found it. The infamous Dark Woods Circus. Maybe this was a bad idea...I mean I'm not hero...what could I do? Sammy remained hesitant to step on the path leading to the circus. Everyone else flowed past her like a stream going around a rock. These people were bringing their kids to such a show. To such a sketchy place in the middle of the woods. It was even starting to get dark, further amplifying the creepy atmosphere. How can these people behave in such a way? This is obviously not safe. glowered Sammy as she narrowed her eyes. These people may be here to see this show, but she was here on a mission. I'll observe them first. I have to be successful. She couldn't bear to think of what could happen if she wasn't. Taking a breath and closing her eyes to be at peace, she opened them again with reserved determination and began the walk through the woods to the Dark Woods Circus.

Though she half wished she had come here alone, she was also half glad that she wasn't. Sammy had spent countless hours and days arguing with a friend before she finally relented in letting him come along. The guy was about as stubborn as she was and unfortunately for her, she tired out too easily in an argument. However, she had made sure to explain to him that they were to act as two separate parties with no relation to the other. And if worst came to worst, no matter what, he would leave. Those were her conditions for allowing him to come. Damn it, it's too dangerous. I should've just...tricked him somehow and locked him in a closet or something... Sighing with regret, she took her seat a little towards the back, where she would have the greatest view, assuming no one tall sat in front of her, and where she could blend into the crowd to initiate the mission. She tried to be as inconspicuous as possible. As if she were a normal person psyched about this brand new circus that all the rumors were talking about.

4. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

Flying along on Kagutsuchi, Mai Tokiha ponders upon what she was going to encounter at this so called "Circus" she was going to investigate. Natsuki told me abot this circus before she left on her trip with Shizuru, but I don't know what she meant when she said it was important for me to personally check it out. Before she can really consider any more of this, she spots the locale on the horizon. Dismissing her Child, she hovers over the trees the rest of the way there and then goes on foot, dismissing her elements (The rings around her wrists and ankles) as well. She buys her ticket and goes in. Let's see what this place is really about.

5. Mnyuu Merlin's Housekeeper

Aki exhaled gravely as she walked down the semi-barren street. Man, it's going to be another crappy day at school again. I swear if I hear another one of my teacher's pointless lectures I'm going to shoot myself. She paused her stride and scratched the back of her head in irritation. ARGH... I HATE SCHOOL!
    She threw her hands above her head and shut her eyes tightly, groaning in apathy. It wasn't long till she heard concerned whispers from the people around her. Her hands quickly tightened into a fist as she quickly recomposed herself then scoffed in disgust, throwing her red hood over her dark caramel locks in attempts to hid her face.
    Disgusting filth.
    She couldn't help but feel slight anger rising in the pit of her stomach as she continued to walk forward, her hands fiddling with the pocky box in her sweater pocket.
    Everybody thinks I'm psychotic freak, but I'm not really...Tch, it's not my fault that I don't have much of a social life. I just prefer staying at home and not getting involved in useless things. Doesn't it seem more logical to gather information that way? Ya' know, in the comfort of your own home and away from trouble and stupid drama?

Her eyebrows and face scrunched up as if trying to convince herself that was the truth. She stopped again and smiled gravely.
    But mom...she's been getting a lot of crap from the government lately...not only that. She bit her lower lip and tugged on her sleeve. EVERYONE has been calling me a 'good for nothing neet' lately. She shook her head bitterly. That's not true though! I'm...I'm not a neet... I'm an observer! Why can't they just understand that? I'm just a person who gathers their information differently. It's not my fault I despise helping people.
    A small smile managed to creep on her face as she thought of more positive things to cheer her up. She lifted her head from the shadow of her hood and looked down the road victoriously. She suddenly frowned.
    But lately...my life has been so bland, so...normal. I mean, sure the drama has been getting interesting and whatnot, but the outcome is always the same. No one wins. No one loses. Disappointing really.
    She managed another weak sigh in defeat then adjusted her book bag strap and started her slow stride towards school.
    I just wish that my life wasn't so repetitious. It's the same everyday. Maybe, just maybe, I would take back all those things that I've said about the world being boring if something really exciting happened. Well exciting and worth my time.
    BZZZZZ ~ BZZZZZZ ~
    Aki's eyes widened in confusion.
    Huh? I have a message? How strange...

She pulled out her cell phone from her front pocket and examined it carefully.
    Unknown area code? Hmmm, seems sketchy.
    But her curiosity got the better of her and opened the message. Her eyes blinked in confusion. An advertisement?
    An animation of a girl's body falling apart in pieces then reassembly into form appeared on the screen causing Aki to laugh. How cute is this?
    It repeated continuously until the last time, the body parts formed to assemble the word:
    The Dark Woods Circus?
    She blinked. A map suddenly appeared on her phone pinpointing her exact location and the location of an unfamiliar area within a forest. She panicked slightly a looked around her surroundings to see if anyone was watching her. Whoa...this is a bit freaky.
    She quickly hit the trash button and held her breath as she gazed at the word Delete? Her fingers trembled on the accept button, but it wouldn't push.
    What the hell is wrong with me? This feeling...it can't be hope, can it? Me, hopeful? That's absurd, I live to observe the world and cast judgement, not enjoy petty things.
    Suddenly a thought hit her.
    She smiled to herself and examined the message carefully one more time, then placed her phone in her font pocket. She gazed down her normal road, on her normal day, of her normal life and smiled. She then took an unusual turn down an unfamiliar path.
    Now THIS should be interesting.

Aki stood in front of a fairly large tent that was crowded with a large audience. Geez...did all of these people get the same text? Makes me feel less special.
    She groaned slightly and turned back towards the forest. I'm surprised that I didn't get lost on the way here, but with this many people I really don't think it's worth my time.
    She started to make her way towards the exit of the forest when a certain girl caught her attention. Hey, isn't that?
    She quickly turned around and hid behind a couple of young adults, keeping a close distance. It is! It's the Class Rep for the 2nd year! I think her name was Shiki Kino or Shizo Konko... or something like that. What the heck is she doing here?
    The young Rep seemed to have a look of loathing in her eyes as she made her way inside the large circus tent amongst the crowd. A devious thought played into Aki's head.
    Hmmm, playing hooky are we Class Rep?
    The couple soon shifted from their spot and the crowd started to move towards the mouth of the curtains, and Aki was swept with it's current.
    Crap! I can't be seen here! If I get caught now, I'll be in so much trouble with Mom, and legally, I'll be a neet!
    But the harder she struggled the more the crowd engulfed her. It wasn't long till her surroundings went dark and the curtains closed in her face. She squeaked in fear. She pulled her hood over her head, and awkwardly felt around for a seat only to irritate the fellow audience members. She even earned a death glare from a group of teenagers. Sorry!
    She finally managed to find a seat next to a small girl, excitement twinkling in her eyes. Boy...she looks stoked. I wonder if this show is any good based on her expression. She smiled awkwardly at her and sat down, fidgeting at the close contact with so many people. She shut her eyes and inhaled and exhaled slowly, turning the room's noises into a garbled muffle.
    Don't disappoint me.

Soon her world went silent as she waited for the show to start...

6. Shugo Yuki Moogle Assistant

As the last of the Student Council had evacuated the room after a long meeting involving who would be in charge of the disciplinary committee out of four members of the council everyone had unfortunately volunteered Kokoro to do it although she didn't like doing as much work as it looked like she did she had decided to be nice and take the job anyways. The Whole Student council had decided to skip the first few classes and go out for lunch of course asking Kokoro if she wanted to go along. After all it had been her second year in high school so why not skip morning classes and have fun? Being one of the student council members and a classroom representative and on top of all that in charge of the disciplinary committee she was sure she would be able to get away with a few things.
    Kokoro Shimizu wasn't the type to hand out punishments or detention slips to students who had a misbehavior problems which surprised her when she unthinkingly accepted the job offer but she had been the only one out of all of them including a few of the guys that was man enough to speak up for herself and call out people when they where doing something wrong. In truth Kokoro was the type of girl to speak her mind whether it was rude or not. She always had a decent sense of right and wrong and was particularly good at telling one from the other.

On her way towards the tram station she ran into a couple friends that usually would head the same way but where stopped and had been chatting nervously.

"Hey guys, Whats all the hush hush about hmm?"
    The small group of teenagers looked at her with bright smiles as they surrounded her withing a few minutes of her arrival.
    "Shimizu-Chan!" one of them said as another one shushed her impatiently.
    "We where all thinking about heading over to that Circus event thingy that came into town and we where totally wondering if you like, wanted to come with us!"
    "I-I dunno guys... That doesn't really sound like fun... Its just gonna be some lame even with a bunch of kids and their parents drooling over a bunch of stupid clowns."
    "No Way Shimizu! I heard there where all these creepy freaky looking people and they have these super awesome weird talents! But I guess truth is we are all scared to lead the way and where wondering since... your like super brave if maybe like... you could lead the way...?"
    "Alright I guess... I guess we can go, But I don't want to have to hold anyone's hand or babysit them you hear? I'm not your mommy..."
    As the crowd of friends excitingly made their way away from the tram station they slowly found their way into the dark forest where the event was apparently going to be held. After a while of looking around at random booths the group slowly began disolving. Each member leaving to fill their curiosity of the circus. Not before long Kokoro stood in silence watching the last of her friends waddle away like a hipnotized clone.
    Kokoro searched around over the vast groups of people and carnival folk entering the giant tent waiting for the event to start. For the most part the young girl had found the whole place to be rather lame, and on top of all the lameness sucking up what she considered her 'good mood' her friends had ditched her.
    "Lovely sight..." She said as she watched a female performer pass by in a ruffled skirt on stilts so she had been able to get a clear view up her skirt and at her panties.
    Kokoro looked around the crowd amongst the children and adults once more to see if she could spot any one of her 'friends' who had so graciously ditched her in dark woodland forest. She gripped the shoulder strap on her backpack and started walking into the large circus tent along with everyone else, on her way in she had been bumped, squished, pushed, and shoved. On top of her "good mood" the only thing Kokoro wanted to do more than anything now was start smacking people with her bag and stomp on toes like a child.
    Kokoro hadn't been the tallest of girls nor was she the thinnest, What she made up for those flaws had been a busty chest and a childhood doing martial arts with her father.
    She remembered when she wasn't such an angry person and she would actually laugh and smile. Her father and mother would spend time at home and they would all actually spend family time together.
    She desperately missed those days and wished they would come back, unfortunately she knew all to well that her parents would never get together again and she would be forced to spend every weekend at her fathers home and the week days with her mother. Not like weekends or week days particularly mattered considering they both worked all day to support her and she spent her time alone either studying or staring at the ceiling fan turn.
    Kokoro came back to the current situation at hand and looked around the inside of the tent, it had certainly been larger than she expected. It looked a lot different from the outside and had certainly been more colorful. Based on the group that had been piling in through the entry of the fun sized circus tent. She sighed and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and looked around. She certainly hoped she would be able to find one of her dumbstruck friends through this crowd.
    "This is not what I signed up for..."
    She sighed once more before walking through the isles and looking around trying to spot at least one familiar face.
    By the time she sat down from exhaustion and put a finger to her temple in annoyance her phone began to chime a familiar ring. The one she had set specifically for text messages.
    She pulled her phone from her bag by the panda cell strap.
    "Hey, Where are you? Why did you leave?"
    She gave out an exasperated grunt.
    "I didn't leave you bafoon! Everyone of you wondered off. And besides like I said I'm not your damn mom. I'm not going to hold your hand all day. Meet me at the entrance later after the show."
    She closed her phone furiously biting her lip. No way in hell did she want to sit through the dang show but it didn't really matter much. What was an hour of her time anyways? It would probably just be about some freaks with paper horns glued to their foreheads to make everyone believe they had been "special". The whole concept of a freak show had been unconvincing to her. She didn't particularly enjoy the circus or carnival or any man in clown makeup coming anywhere near her.
    She felt her eyes getting baggy before long. After a while Kokoro had begun to patiently wait for the darn show to begin, In her mind the faster the show started the faster it would end and the faster she would be able to leave this dirty tarp they called a circus tent. The only thing she had been interested in about the whole endeavor was the curiosity to see if they would have elephants or the high wire people.
    She had slowly begun to doze off until she heard an anxious little boy demanding his father to make the show start. She jumped up slightly and pushed herself up in her seat lightly.
    She looked around once more gazing over all the faces before resting her head into her hand in boredom waiting for the event to start.

7. CrownMoksha Decimo

"Here I am, the Dark Woods Circus." Gray said to himself. He couldn't believe that he'd actually came to this place. Heck, if it wasn't for the rumors he'd heard about a performer that hapend to have his brother chracteristic he wouldn't even thought about it. Still if being here held any chances of seeing his brother again he'd gladly come. Well, I'm not going to find out wheter or not he's here just just standing at the entrance. Shaking his last thought of doubt out of his head, he headed into the circus.

8. Saxima [screams geometrically]

[​IMG]
    I came to see the Dark Woods Circus
    ___________________________​
    Sure, Sammy was just about as stubborn as he was, but in a battle of the wills, he would win every time. He didn't know why she didn't want him to come with her to this circus - he felt like had to anyway. Even if Sammy said this was a bad idea, somewhere deep down, Cal knew this was right. He was right in coming here. The lyrics that his father had left him with rang in his head, and he felt confident again. Yeah, yeah, he was a bit nervous, he had no idea what to expect at all.

Sammy had insisted they act separately, rather than friends, so that if worst came to worst, one of them could get out, and she insisted it'd be him. Yeah, right. If there came a point in this visit where anything went wrong, he would try his damnedest to get them both out of there, if not only her. Of course, she would gripe and chide later, explaining that 'You're the plan B, man!'. Well, at least she didn't trick him into a closet or something – he wouldn't have put it past her to keep him out of harm's way.

There weren't tons of people, but there were quite a few of them there. Maybe not for the same reason he was, but they were still here. They were people similar to him, kinda dressed the same, had the same look, but . . . Cal still felt like he was an outcast among them. And then there were kids, seriously? People brought their kids? What was this, state-wide 'Not Have Morals' Day?

He was breathing easily, feeling relaxed as he ran a slightly tanned hand through his dirty blonde hair. To be honest, he felt at ease, if not a little off-guard. This was a place he liked being, he liked the atmosphere of it, even if it was a little unnerving to his friend next to them. Sure, the place was a bit . . . sketchy, but most places were. Or maybe he was bias. Eh.

He entered the tent, separating from his friend – after all, they were separates. He fallowed a few of the people down the row aisle and sat down next to an older man and his wife. He was sitting in the middle of all the rows where he was able to have a pretty good view of everything, so at least he could see what all of the hype was about. His other friends didn't want to come with him, said it was too creepy or something like that. And his mom . . . Yeah right.

He waited for the show to begin.

9. Marluxia912 Destiny Islands Resident

[​IMG]

While the audience waited for the show to begin, there was pure chaos back stage. The performeres were getting ready while the ringmasters made sure things were in place and that their performers were ready to go on stage. They made sure that a certain performer hadn't set anything on fire, shadows stayed within the ground, body parts were sewn back together and that the place wasn't riddeld with plants of all shapes and sizes. However, the performers seemed a little on edge with this being their first public appearance. They've always been shown off for more...regal type people. Those who looked like they worked for the Queen herself. They've never been shown to teens or even children. It's always been adults that would laugh or mock them in some sort of fashion.

"Would it be different this time around? Would they still laugh and mock us? Would they be scared of what we are? Or...would they respect us?"

It was a full house tonight, so the Ringmasters made sure that the performers did their best. They couldn't care less if they messed up, the audience would see that as part of the act. They just needed to make sure a certain someone wouldn't damage the place like last time

.:"Time is Dead and Gone. The Show Must Go On. It's Time for Our Act":.

10. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

[​IMG]
    Flandre Scarlet: The Scarlet Devil
    Flandre was everywhere backstage. Literally! I got your arm stitchy! Ufufu! One of her clones was floating over head taunting Stitches by holding her arm just out of her reach. Another was near the top of the tent sticking her head out to see what the audience was doing. Ooooooh! there's a lot of little people in there! The third was, oddly enough, just squatting on the ground near an ant pile...shooting it with beach ball sized danmaku and destroying it utterly. The main Flandre was hovering around in midaiir like she was in a reclined chair, her hands behind her head and her spear, the Lævateinn, resting between her neck and arms. I can't wait to get out there and scare the crap out of that audience! The performance grew nearer by the minute.​

11. Jayn

[​IMG]
    She was nervous as usual. No matter how natural her talent was--to her, or how many times she would preform, she would always feel nervous. This time it was different, of course. This time it was a much larger group. Her stomach was in knots, uniform suddenly feeling too tight, stitches feeling too loose, wings feeling too heavy. Often times she felt herself wanting to back out and hide away, frightened by the noises from the outside, terrified of what they may say. That would never happen though. Never. There would never be any backing out in this place. So she would simply shut-down, her lips tight together, knees plastered against each other awkwardly.

She was wearing the uniform she normally did. A knee-long violet and dark ruby-hued dress, the dark fabric rough against the exposed parts of her skin. Her halo was propped right above her head, the neon yellow glow clear in her peripheral. The wings she wore were stitched right into the dress itself. She wasn't sure, but she figured the angel-esque outfit had much to do with a revival theme. She was, after all, made of stuffing. Perhaps she couldn't die. No heart, brain, blood. At least, that's what it would seem like. There were many things about it that didn't make much scientific sense, and she was sure there was an explanation for such things, but she had never quite found the will or time to sort through them. She could do what she could do, and that was that.

The pale, stitched up girl waited quietly behind the curtains. She could hear sound of crowds gathering. Some of them spoke as if they weren't even present in such a strange place; rambling on about school or work. Amber, however, paid the most attention to the questions they asked, and the judgment they gave. How they viewed the strange lot of them both frightened and fascinated her. Circus freaks. They were all curious, but it was interesting how some were kind and polite, while others laughed and mocked. ​

12. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Ella, as usual, had a huge grin on her face. She cartwheeled over to the mirror, somehow managing to dodge everyone else in the proccess. She was excited. They had a brand new crowd to perform to, these weren't like their usual audience. There were even children in the audience. Children, it had been so long since she had seen any of them and too see their smiling faces was a pure delight. And with this new audience there was hope. She knew it was silly to think that and that would make it hurt all the more later when they turned on her.

They always turned. No matter how much they smiled and clapped during the performance afterwards they laughed and mocked them for the freaks they were. And that hurt. She hid it of couse, no one saw through her endless smiles but it hurt. You'd of thought she'd of got used to it by now after all the times it had happened but she hadn't. Everytime it hurt just as much as that first time. Yet despite that, she couldn't resist that tiny glimmer of hope that these were different. Maybe these wouldn't mock her, they'd see the beauty of what she could do. Maybe.

She shook her head and turned her attention back to herself in the mirror to do the final adjustments to her costume. Her costume was alive, literally. She had made it from the plants she loved so much and had the power over them. Due to this it was ever changing. Her hair was full of exotic and beautiful flowers, her dress was made from leaves and vines twisted round her arms and legs. She was really quite a sight to behold. She adjusted a few minor things but nodded in approvement, though as she did this she felt the butterflies returned. She was fairly confidant about putting on a good show but still they always came, this time worse than ever. She guessed it was normal to be nervous before a big performance but still, she had a feeling it was more the audiences reactions than her own performance she was worried about.

She shook her head and moved over to the curtain near Stitches to look out with wonder at the crowd. Although a bit before the curtain and out of the way for everyone else to pass through, she paused and looked down at the ground in deep concentration. The ground rumbled a moment before a shoot forced it's way through the surface. The shoot rapidly grew into a huge beautiful red flower, each petal almost two metres long. She wobbled for a moment, a little weak from the effort. It had to be this big though, this was her grand enterance. She carefully stepped into the centre of the flower, though she didn't do anything for the moment. She wanted to be sure she was underground for the shortest time possible. So in the meantime, she just leaned over to observe the crowd once more.​

13. Marluxia912 Destiny Islands Resident

♪The Shadow of the Circus, Night Cross♪

The circus tent was filled with nothing but chatter tonight. All the commotion going on; the sound of the audience talking about how much fun this would be, the foot steps of the Ringmasters walking about to make sure every thing was in order, to the chatter of the other performers and even their own nervous foot steps...it was starting to give her a slight headache. Night, the shadow of the Dark Woods Circus, just stood by and watched the others scramble around the tent. If it wasn't for the Ringmasters going around and playing Prison Guards, then she would've been playing with her shadows, or more like, have her shadows creep around the tent to get a view of how many people really were in the audience.

Turning her gaze to the exit that lead to the front stage, she noticed that Flandre seemed to have been taking a peek at just how many people were out there. Night wasn't that brave. She didn't want to know how many people would be watching her...how many people would call her a freak...how many people would be frightened because she could control their shadows. The more she thought about it, the more nervous she, herself, became. She was never nervous about performing before. Night loved that she could control such darkness, sometimes she wish she could turn back time and thank her father before her brother had decided to destroy him. But there was the downside to controlling the shadows. She was sure that her abilities would scare the crowd and that they would whisper very harsh things about her. She fisted the pants of her costume, causing the area to wrinkle a little under her grip. Noticing this, her hands quickly moved to one of the straps on her costume instead before just settling them at her sides. Night couldn't and would not let her nerves get to her. It was just another regular performance, but in front of much more people.

There's nothing to be afraid of. They won't be harsh about my powers...I'm just over-reacting" she thought while closing her eyes and sighing quietly before reopening them. Taking another glance around the backstage and looking back down at the ground below. In truth she just wanted to get this over with.

When will the show begin?

♫The Twisted Minded Ringmaster, Amaya Tsukiko♫

To say she wasn't a little nervous about their first public appearance would be a lie. Not only that, but it would probably be the biggest understatement of the year. Amaya continued to scamper around the backstage, telling each performer what to do and when they would be performing. She could swear that her nervousness was getting the others as well. The only person who didn't seem nervous was Flandre, who was actually all over the place...to say the least.

Letting out a quiet sigh and running her fingers through her midnight blue hair, she decided to see just how many people were out in the audience. The noise they were emitting wasn't much help, so she wanted to take a look for herself. Pulling back the curtain just a few inches away from their Scarlet Vampire, she couldn't help the slightly surprised look that marked her face before turning away. It was official, they had a full house tonight.
    It was no wonder the performers were slightly on edge. 'Ah, well. They should be fine. It won't be any different then the others time they Performed, no doubt about that. It just so happens that there are more people around to watch' Amaya mused in her head as she walked away, letting the flap of the tent fall back into place.

She had to try and remain calm. Only then once her nervousness had died down, a slight smirk painted her face. Even with the thought of all those...regular people out there. The thought of corrupting their minds with the skills that the performers held, how abnormal they were...it just made the twisted side of Amaya's mind made its way to the front of her conscience. So long as the performers did as they were told, and made no mistakes, then everything will be just fine. She and Victor would have to keep a close eye on a majority of their Performers, but it was never anything that they couldn't handle.

This would be the best show they've ever put on. It will be the greatist show in the world. No other Circus will ever compare to them. She hoped that the others were ready. The show was nearing its beginning.

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

Sky was completely bored waiting for the the circus to start. He sat in his own little spot away fromt all the others as he thought about what he was supposd to do. Maybe if I had a small fire, I could get in some more practice. Too bad they wouldn't let him. With his total control over fire, he could accidently torch the whole circus down to the ground. He let out a sigh, either way the crowd was in for a good show. I wonder how much longer until the show starts.

15. Arch Mana Knight

Tellus

There was a nearly inaudible whoosh of air as the white-clothed performer suddenly appeared several feet behind the entrance to the front stage. Holden muttered something under his breath as he dusted off his sleeves. As always, he was dressed in a suit though nothing comical like many overly flamboyant magicians. He snapped his fingers causing a white fedora to materialize above his head and land perfectly in place. 'I'm all set.'

Unlike most of the others, Holden was entirely calm. He had nothing to worry about. After all, he had been raised in a large family with each of their own powers and had trained with his own abilities from the time he could first walk. ...At least that's what he had heard. He adjusted his cuffs and mentally reviewed his "game plan". Holden hadn't been at the top of his game today and felt sloppy. It wasn't that he particularly cared about entertaining the crowd, he just wanted to show what he could do.

"Focus..." Holden took in another deep breath as he closed his eyes. The voices from the audience outside began to swell, the intensity growing as they transformed into harsh shouts and screams. Their words became more distinct. It was starting to grow unbearable. How could they be so impatient!? Holden pressed a hand to his ear, trying to block it out. His concentration was wrecked and he was having trouble hear his own thoughts.

"You're not one of us."

Holden's eyes snapped open as the sounds returned to their normal volume. It was nothing. "Just my imagination acting up..." Holden pressed a hand to his chest, feeling his heart race as if it was about to burst. He took several deep breaths and waited...

Ringmaster Dragos​

Victor stood silent near the back of the tent as to watch the performers to keep them from doing anything too stupid before the show. His hands were clasped behind his back, his cold eyes unblinking as he stared straight ahead. He watched as one of the performers, Tellus, appeared just seconds earlier. Under normal circumstances Victor would have reprimanded Tellus for being late but he was in a good mood today, however delicate it was. After several more moments he walked forth, passing the performers to stand beside his colleague. Today was a great day for them, everything would go as planned and they would earn the recognition of a new audience.

"It's about time we get this started." Victor spoke lowly. Even in a good mood, he was still impatient. He glanced over his shoulder, looking at the three performers he would introduce to the audience before returning his gaze forward.

16. Marluxia912 Destiny Islands Resident

The audience is getting impatient. The performers are nervous but ready. Will this crowd be different than the one they are used to? Or will they be treated the same? Constantly laughed at and viewed as monsters?
    Only time will tell

.:Let Curtain Rise. Let the Show Begin!:.

17. Mnyuu Merlin's Housekeeper

The world continued to stay silent in Aki's head as she replayed old memories in her head. Suddenly her train of thought was shattered through the sounding of blasting music and the flashing of dazzling spotlights. Her eyes fluttered open and her heart rate increased immensely. She didn't hear the anticipating crowd roaring behind her, nor excited like squeals from the little girl next to her. She didn't feel the positive energy coursing through her as the audience stood, their voices chanting in excitement. She just sat there; her eyes fixated on the stage. Her heart pounded in her head as a choking feeling swelled in her throat. She felt sick to her stomach. Still she sat there. The curtains opened and she stood up gasping breathlessly like the rest of the audience, but she felt as if this would save her from all damnation. The world around her vanished and all she saw was the stage.

This is it...

18. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

Mai Tokiha, the Flames of Salvation

Finally I can get to see what this place is about. If it's as bad as Natsuki implied it might be..."No!" Mai's eyes widen when she realized she had blurted one that last word. She looked around to see if anyone had noticed, but fortunately everyone was to engrossed with anticipation to pay her any heed. Mai sighed. "Sigh, I might as well just enjoy the show." I just hope I won't have to use my abilities. Kagutsuchi would never fit in here.

19. Marluxia912 Destiny Islands Resident

♫The Twisted Minded Ringmaster, Amaya Tsukiko♫

The show was starting. Seeing the spotlights roam around the tent, shining down on random members of the audience while the music played...it seemed like any other circus. But, that couldn't be further from the truth. Amaya let out a quiet sigh, knowing that she was the first go on stage. No, the nervousness didn't come back, but that twisted mind of hers remained the same. She glanced over at Victor, her fellow ringmaster and smirked slightly "Wish me luck. This is after all, our first public performance" she voiced before turning her back on him and the Performers. "Amber, Ella and Grey...be ready to perform" Amaya said without even glancing back as she pulled back the tent flap once more as the spotlight shined down on the Stage. "Oh and Grey, you'll be going first" She added, giving him the same smirk before going out to face the crowd.

The spotlight blinded her for a moment, but that didn't stop her from moving into it. Peeking out into the audience from her lowered white-top hat, she noticed that everyone had quieted down, holding their breaths to see what she would say to them. Amaya quickly replaced her smirk with a kind smile, not wanting to scare the audience too early. That was the performers job after all. Fixing her hat as she gazed out directly to the crowd, she couldn't help but give off a quiet laugh.

"Welcome, one and all, young and old...to Dark Woods Circus. First, I would like to thank you all for dropping by. My fellow Ringmaster and I, along with our performers really appreciate it. Tonight, we will be showing children with, what we call, special abilities. Those who have been abandoned. Those that you, yourselves, have turned your back on and refused to help. Those that society call freaks...monsters...deformed." as she spoke the smirk came back with full force and she lowered her head so that her top-hat shadowed her face.

"So, to those among you who are easily frightened...I suggest you leave now. This show is not for the lighthearted. To those of you who think they can take it-" she paused to remove her hat and take a bow "-we hope you enjoy the show" she added and regained her composure, looking out towards the audience once more. "But enough of that, hm? We have kept you waiting long enough. Let's start with our first Performer. Please, help me in welcoming to the stage the Magician of our Circus, Tellus" with that being said, Amaya walked off the stage with the crowd cheering behind her. Whether it was because the show was starting or for Grey, she couldn't care. Just so long as he did his best and not screw this up for the whole circus. But then again, what was the worst he can do other than make objects and people disappear.

20. Mnyuu Merlin's Housekeeper

Aki quickly regained her breath and sat down, remembering that she was supposed to stay hidden from the world. She shifted in her spot and kept her hood over her head. She pursed her lips in slight irritation.
    A magician? For the first act? Come on isn't magic... overrated? Just a bunch of smoke and mirrors really. And what kind of name is Tellus? Geez, sounds like a deaf gypsy named them.
    She took out a pocky stick from her pocket and munched on it half-heartedly.
    Maybe this wasn't worth my time after all...
    She muttered.
    Just as she was about to lose interest the magician appeared. He was dressed in a well prepared suit and his hair white as snow. She stopped chewing for a moment and gawked at him with large eyes. His white fedora matched perfectly with the rest of his outfit, contrasting the darkness of the circus floor. Her heart skipped a beat.
    This is...this feeling...
    She looked at the man again and pulled a hand to her chest. She smiled.
    Hmph, maybe this won't be an ordinary magic trick after all. Alright, Mr. Magician let's see if you can amaze me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.