Richard Epcar: Finished Recording for Dream Drop Distance?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Mike Chaser

Hello KH-Vids. Does everbody here know who Richard Epcar is? He is the voice of Xehanort from Kingdom Hearts II and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. His voice has been a part of the Kingdom Hearts community for quite some time.

Receiving conformation whether Richard Epcar will once again reprise his role as Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance has been hard to confirm. In a private chat with him over Facebook regarding the new Kingdom Hearts title, he wouldn't comment about his vocal appearence. He said that he wasn't able to "discuss" any new projects. I told him that if it was alright, I would interview him when the title comes closer to its release and he replied he was on board with that statement from me.

As far as his role in Dream Drop Distance, I would say that it appears his voice will be just one of many that we can expect in this new Kingdom Hearts title. In the mean time, Epcar has also shared a comment on his facebook. "Very happy-just recorded on a big title game today!" Kingdom Hearts anyone? My reply on his wall "We're hoping Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance."

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Maggy
      Maggy
      I saw that on my Facebook too...I really hope it IS dream drop distance :D
    2. Gelatinous Ghost
      Gelatinous Ghost
      I hope so too. Voice acting being recorded and finished signals that the game is only just beyond the horizon. Thanks for the info, Mike. ​
    3. HeartofFire
      HeartofFire
      He is EPIC! I can't wait for the release of DDD. Course, won't be getting it, but watching playthroughs online is just as entertaining. :)
    4. Daxa~
      Daxa~
      Ohh,I do hope that was about DDD.
      As that mans voice.
      Scares me. But is ever so very beautiful.
      <3
    5. Excasr
      Excasr
      Wow, that's great, hoping so too, of course!
      Can't wait, looking forward to it. Thank you for the updates Mike!
    6. Stella Nox Fleuret
      Stella Nox Fleuret
      I must say, I adore his voice. <3

Oh man, I can't wait for the live streams for this. So much fun~

Thanks for updating Mike~
    7. Cloudrunner62
      Cloudrunner62
      I'm sure he's gonna be back for it. I got to meet him over new years. He signed my Way to Dawn keyblade.
    8. Peace and War
      Peace and War
      Epcar? Epic!

Nice work getting an interview from him, would be interesting if you could get a podcast interview, as was done with Phil Snyder, so I could hear his epic voice.
      Good to know he's on board with the project makes things seem better knowing the good old members of the KH voice team are on board.
    9. Llave
      Llave
      I wholeheartedly conquer with PaW here. It would be really great to have him do a podcast!

This definitely is nice to know, my hopes are 3D, if this is the case, we definitely know that the NA and EU releases are really plugging along!
    10. AMRES
      AMRES
      "It's NOT Kingdom Hearts--but it's a good one!" - Richard Epcar

So much for that. @_@
    11. ShibuyaGato
      ShibuyaGato
      Lets face it, what other projects could he possibly be working on?

With the NA release date coming closer and closer, he's bound to be working on DDD.
    12. Bledsoe34
      Bledsoe34
      -sigh- I'm disappointing myself further and further for DDD. I say I'm gonna save money for it but I spend $20 on Assassin's Creed II. I say I'll stop spending but I buy "important" sunglasses. I swear I'll stop buying stuff but I'm getting more money and blowing it off at an anime convention this weekend. I really want that game and special 3DS and I want to hear Epcar's glorious voice... I have a problem ;__;
    13. Maggy
      Maggy
      Omg that's so cool :)
    14. Shikou
      Shikou
      Hes 1.Playing dumb or 2.not working on it because its too soon
      Which do you prefer? :P
    15. ChaosFinale
      ChaosFinale
      Hmm... Could be anything. Maybe he has a role in Versus XIII?
    16. greater_bloo
      greater_bloo
      Lol reading this late at night made me go through two emotions really fast. Happy that there is the possibility of him recording for Kingdom Hearts, then disappointed that it wasn't it. Though the voice actors of Kingdom Hearts usually record things separately so it might have already been done or is going to start really soon. The fact that James Patrick Stuart already started recording 17 days ago supports that.

Either way this should mean a trailer might come out during E3 right? It might also be featured in the main stage like 358/2 Days! Since some of the 3DS's big games are to be released soon before E3(Resident Evil Revelations tomorrow! XD). Which leads to more exposure to the public, which leads to more fans, which leads to more people signing up for Kh-vids! Cause and Effect! (I'm doing it right...right?)
    17. nickoboyzx
      nickoboyzx
      ah, so he the one that make xehanort voice
      he did a awesome job for that
      and i hope he did in 3D too
    18. Maggy
      Maggy
      I hope so! Lol

Sounds like something that could happen, either way I can't waaaaiiit.
    19. Cloudrunner62
      Cloudrunner62
      Indeed it is!
      [​IMG]