New Box Cover for KH: Dream Drop Distance

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Sabby, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Hey everyone!

Square released the official cover for KINGDOM HEARTS: DREAM DROP DISTANCE for the Nintendo 3DS

[​IMG]

Although there is no official release date for North America, Japan is able to see these bad boys on shelves, March 29th, 2012.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Sabby, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      It's very nice. KH games sure have some nice boxarts. But so far, the boxart for Days is still my favorite.
    2. Llave
      Llave
      Oh that's sexy. Reminds me of CoM. Although I'm surprised it's not a faded edged picture, Nomura does that for almost every cover...

Thank's for the wonderful update Sabby!
    3. NemesisPrime
      NemesisPrime
      Sweet...Love the 10th anniversary logo in top left.

Hurry up and release in America damnit!
    4. Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      Mr. Van Whippy ♥
      For some reason it seems a bit different than previous box arts, although it is somewhat reminiscent of RE: COM and BBS. I really like it. Sora as usual appears ridiculously thin... and Mickey has made more cover art appearances than both Donald and Goofy =/
    5. Droid
      Droid
      Tis what happens when you sleep for an entire game, become ghostly thin. Mickey is trying to make up for the tiny appearance in the first game. As for the cover it does look really nice, although perhaps cramped..and I just noticed that if Sora was stretched out he'd be the same height as Riku in this cover art.
      wat.
    6. Krowley
      Krowley
      Riku's face looks so shocked.
      It's still an amazing Box art for the game and it does remind me of Chain of Memories.
      The background fits very well with it.
    7. Excasr
      Excasr
      Very good cover. I liked it.

It makes me wonder what will happen in the game...
    8. ygorvaz
      ygorvaz
      I will pre-order the bundle and I'll make a video! Be prepared to my super brazilian english!!
    9. Misty
      Misty
      hnnng that is terrific. Might be my new favorite box art. Definitely reminiscent of Re:CoM. I think it's interesting that Sora is the one that seems to be falling and Riku is rising, but I might be reading too much into it haha.

For the ghostly thin comments though, I think that's just the way Nomura draws. Like it or not, all of the KH art is like that, haha.
    10. greater_bloo
      greater_bloo
      Geh, I am very tempted to just copy and paste my post from axel91's thread here, but I have a strange feeling that will be against the rules somehow. Screw the rules I have an opinion! I guess I'll just reword it.

So yeah I'm loving that box art, it's a big improvement over what was done in Birth by Sleep and Re:Coded (except for Europe's Special Edition BBS that was awesome). Don't want to be accused of plagiarizing so I'll credit Cecily from Khinsider for the insight on how this cover visually shows a quote from one of the first trailers to be released for the game: "Darkness becomes Light, Light falls into Darkness." Looks like that whole Sora becoming evil theory isn't so far-fetched huh? XD

Anyway the art itself seems to be different from Nomura's style somehow, the sky blue background may be the reason why I'm thinking that. And I agree with what everyone is saying that it is very reminiscent of Re:COM's cover. However, my favorite cover is still KH1. I still remember walking into the store not knowing anything about Final Fantasy or Square Soft and seeing the cover for the first time. It just gave off a feeling of an epic story that was at the time so different from the games I was playing then, plus the keyblade looked weird yet felt right, not to mention Donald and Goofy plastered there. So I bought it, totally based on the cover, 10 years later never regretted that decision! XD
    11. HeartofFire
      HeartofFire
      That is the awesomest thing I have ever seen. I love it!
    12. Misty
      Misty
      Now that I think about it, there may be quite a bit more evidence--at the end of Kingdom Hearts II, Sora said "maybe the darkness is getting to me too" when on the beach with Riku. The line always puzzled me a bit, Sora did grow a little as a character in KHII but it was nothing I felt was terribly marked or intentional. Perhaps Sora will finally get some character development and struggle with his light. =]
    13. Llave
      Llave
      Well and with the theme of sleep and nightmares, we associate nightmares as bad. So maybe it could be a foreshadow of dabbing in darkness. Of course, we know that even though you go to darkness, it's not impossible to get out, but it would be an interesting plot if Sora did submit to it.
    14. Saxima
      Saxima
      Unf, that's a sexy looking cover. Agh, the art for Kingdom Hearts is always so sexy.

Usually the American boxart is always similar to the Japanese, so hopefully, the NA release will get something similar looking to this.
    15. Llave
      Llave
      Generally that is the case, I think it only changes when a Final Mix is released.
    16. Maggy
      Maggy
      Omg I really like this cover! It's different from the other ones in that, like what some others have said, Sora is the one falling and Riku is rising....I SMELL PLOT TWIST!

Lol
    17. EvilMan_89
      EvilMan_89
      the box art is pretty! it reminds me of Chain of Memories one for some reason.
    18. Mike
      Mike
      I'm a bit worried. Mickey seems concerned with Sora as he is falling and Riku is rising. It does seem like there might be a un-expected twist. I wonder if it has anything to with Sora meeting Vanitas?
    19. Shikou
      Shikou
      Sh-t, my jaw just drop when I looked at this. This does give a reference to Chain of Memories because you can play as both Sora and Riku in that game too. The 10th logo is a very nice touch. I hope there will be a official wallpaper of this soon. This box art is way more impressive then Birth By Sleep in my opinion. I dont really think Micky is really necessary in the box art this time around though.