Duet Roulette! [CLOSED. { Hiatus }]

Discussion in 'KHV Chorus' started by Jayn, Mar 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

[​IMG]

Duet = Two People.
    Trio = Three People.
    Quartet = Four People.

| KHV Chorus Rules&General Information | In-Progress/Completed Choruses | KHV Chorus Voting and Suggestions | KHV Chorus Applications |

Hey there, and welcome to KHV Chorus' Duet Roulette project! As you all know by now, we have a really, really, really long pending list and we can't open up suggestions again until all of the songs are done. The purpose of this project is to help up us variety to the chorus as well as power through that list so we can get a chance at some other songs and keep the chorus alive and active!

WHAT IS THIS?

Duet Roulette is a project in which you can sign up to sing a duet, trio or quartet with other KHV members! Maybe you'll make a new friend, hm? All you have to do is post in this thread after filling out the small form at the bottom. As usual, I'll be composing the video and mixing the vocals for you, so all you have to do is send in your parts to chorus@kh-vids.net. The finished product will be uploaded to our Youtube and posted on KHV.

The songs for these duets/trios/quartets will be pulled from our Pending list, helping us get through it faster. Songs that are done in a duet/trio/quartet can be re-suggested for our full chorus (everyone) when suggestions are opened up. (Which will also eliminate songs that no one really wants to do and are thus never re-sugessted, lolol.)

These projects will be complied in between our full chorus songs. For example, during our voting breaks, or when I'm receiving help with one of the full choruses and have more time. It's like a KHV Chorus spin off that'll ultimately bring us down to a more personal level while still maintaining the main idea.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Our pending list can be found here.

When you sign up, you will be given a number and put on the 'participants' list. When a new project is going to happen, I will randomly pull a song from Voting and Suggestions (they are numbered as well), as well as 2-4 participants from the list. The purpose of the randomization is to introduce you to new people, make sure every song gets a fair chance as well as everyone getting a fair chance to participate without the awkward...'Friends chose friends everyone else is left out' thing happening.

I will PM the members randomly chosen and 'invite' them to participate in the project. This is so that if you're busy, having technical problems or out of town/etc, I can chose someone else before posting the casting thread and revealing who everyone will be singing with and what song they got. Also, these things are all for fun, so please try not get all self-conscious, we all love you and no one is judging you. If the song is in another language, I will translate it if requested (by anyone in the singing group). If you just absolutely cannot do the song, you can let me know privately, but please stay open minded. The potential challenge is part of the fun!

I am offering my services as a permanent 'fill-in', which means that if someone drops out after a bit of time has passed, instead of redrawing and giving someone a total disadvantage with time, I'll fill in for the drop out regardless of the song. If you would like to be a permanent fill-in as well, you may state so in your form.

After we get some participants (lol no one signs up and Jayn cries), I will cast for an example mini-chorus to be worked on/deadline set after You'll Be In My Heart is over. Once you guys see how it works, I'm sure your confusion will dissipate, like when Still Alive was first posted.

Here is an example of what the finished product of a duet would look like. You'll see how the lines will be split and chosen when we do our first song.

RULES!

● If you KNOW you're going to be too busy to record, let me know so I can replace you as soon as possible. Don't worry about letting me down and don't force yourself to sing a song you're terribly uncomfortably with. We understand. Just give me a fair amount of time to work around it.

● Anyone can join, even those not involved in the main chorus.

● Please do not complain about who you are paired with, or how well the turn-out is (vocal-wise). This entire chorus is just a way to bring us closer together. If you bring your negativity into it, you will ruin everything and make me cry and quit at everything. If you ABSOLUTELY cannot sing with someone else without starting conflict, please let me know privately when you post your information! <:

● Now the way this works is that I'll have this thread closed until the singers are revealed and reply to my invitation. No one claim lines except for the ones who receive the invitation. This song was chosen randomly, as will the four singers be. You'll not know who you're singing with until I get a reply from everyone.

● If you KNOW you're going to be too busy to record in the next couple of days, then please reply to the invitation letting me know you'll be busy and can't participate. If I don't get a response from you in 24 hours or less from the time I send you the invitation, I'll be generating a new number to take your place.

● To pick your 'parts', all you have to do is post when the thread is opened (I'll let you know) and chose the shape you want.

● Keep in mind that there is a difference between busy and not knowing the song well/not liking the song. If you're going to be fickle depending on the song choice then this project may not be for you. The potential challenge/unfamiliarity is part of the event/game. Try to stick with it. I will always try my absolute best to be respectful towards you and the things you absolutely cannot do. I will re-draw if your name comes up and you've stated you're uncomfortable with the type of song.

● Most main KHV Chorus recording and picture rules apply. Please read them and ask me if you have any questions. PLEASE ASK ME YOUR QUESTIONS IN THIS THREAD SO THAT IF ANYONE HAS THE SAME QUESTION, THEY CAN SEE THE ANSWER.

FORM

Code:
    Participating for: (Duets, trios, quartets, or all of them?)
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: (Any genres/languages/tempos/ranges that you won't be able to do.)
    Anything Else:
    PARTICIPANTS

1. Jayn
    Participating for: Everything.
    Anything Else: I have no life, so I will be a permanent fill-in/backup.

2. Krowley

Absolutely Cannot Sing: Hitting High notes for a long time.

4. Mish
    Participating for: Everything
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Very low, Barry White-type songs. xD
    Anything Else: I could be a fill-in.

5. Heart
    Participating for: All
    Absolutely Cannot Sing:Not sure if I can do Japanese unless I know the song really well-like Why from FF7CC or One of the KH songs. Can't do Scremo. Can't go crazy High.

6. Tummer
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Really high notes, Spanish
    Anything Else: Have a preference for songs from musicals

7. MadDoctorMaddie (Ryan / TheOnly9One)
    Participating for: All!
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Rap. I have trouble doing vocal 'runs' (melismatic singing), so r'n'b is a bit difficult for me. My voice pretty much stops at a D3 (and sounds pretty bad there), so I have to rearrange lot of songs sung by men.
    Anything Else: I'd love to do Broadway stuff, or rock, but anything goes. I can hit a C6 on a extremely good day, but it usually takes a few tries. Willing to be a fill in.

8. Cookiie
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Low notes. I think the lowest note I can hit is an F3.
    Anything Else: I'll volunteer as a fill-in.

9. Saxima
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Perhaps really high notes; Voice range: Female bass to between alto and soprano
    Anything Else: I love all kinds of music ~

12. PaW
    Participating For: Anything and Everything. The harder the better.
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Anything and Everything. But damn if I don't give it one hell of a try. I haven't met a song I can't really do yet, the quality can vary, but i'll learn if I can't do some songs soon enough.
    Anything Else: I'll be a stand in if need be, I have free time so I'll try my best to help.

13. What?
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Cannot sing period but usually quite hard to reach very low or very high notes.
    Anything Else: I have a really odd vocal range but it is rather alright, I suppose.

14. Fearless

Absolutely Cannot Sing: No rap or super-duper low notes please.
    Anything Else: I can sing super high notes! Like the high note in 'Leia' is within my range.

15. greater_bloo
    Participating for: Everything and anything!
    Absolutely cannot sing: Probably those very high and very low notes. Also I can't keep up with fast lines such as rap.
    Anything Else: I'm kinda new to singing in general so please be gentle with the music terms. (For example I have no idea what Tenor means before I just google'd it) Also I volunteer for being a fill-in!

16. Vivid Green
    Participating for: Duets, trios, and quartets
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Pop, Micheal Jackson, Lady Gaga, Hard Rock, Soprano, Alto, The Beetles, Hip Hop, Raps

17. Dr. Wigglz
    Participating for: ALL of them! :D
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Not so great at rap but i can give it a shot, i cannot make my voice abnormally high either, and i can't sing any language other than english XD
    Anything Else: COME AT ME BRO!

18. Beau
    Participating for: Anything and everything!
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Singing in low tones.
    26. Dinny Grayson
    Participating for: Everything, hommies.
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Rap, super low notes, foreign languages may be tricky but I am willing to learn it of course
    Anything Else: I may be a little busy but i'll definitely make time for this.

19. Maka
    Participating for: All of them~
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: I think any foreign language I'll be horrible at (except Spanish) and I can't reach the basement level. I get to like three notes below middle C natural, and I crack. :'D Any genre, I'll practice and practice.
    Anything Else:My voice might not be very good on some days to record, due to the fact I'm in an new environment and I'm not use to the weather changes, air pressure, or the many plants and trees growing here. Some days I'll sound really clear, other days I'll sound scruffy. But I'll let you know. ;D

20. Amethyst Heart
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: super high notes (im pretty sure i go up to D6 on a good day), foreign languages are pretty difficult but im fine to give them a go :p also most genres/tempos are fine. I cant rap, i cant do screamo...sorry :p

21. Tale_Wind
    Participating for: All, I suppose.
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: I sing tenor; if you want the top of my range, it's around E5 or F5. If you want the top of my range where I can still sound pretty (and human), it's closer to B4 or C5 (I think I'm doing those numbers right...). I'm not a huge fan of rap or metal, and as childish as it sounds, I'd rather not have to sing any swear words.
    Anything Else: I WILL BE PART OF THE GROUP THAT DOES GOING BACK TO HOGWARTS. I DON'T CARE WHAT I HAVE TO DO.

22. Otonashi
    Participating for: all, I presume
    Absolutely cannot sing: I refuse to sing modern pop, hip-hop, and rap songs. I just refuse. Anything past the year 2006 is a nono if in those genres, but I am fine with anything else.
    Anything else: I am not confident with my singing ability is all I can think of but I love to sing.

23. Midnight Star
    Participating for: All.
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Everything Nothing too high pitched or with really long notes
    Anything Else: I'm so so sorry for how bad my singing is

24. Flowergothic
    Participating for: everything
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: I can only sing Soprano, Mezzo-Soprano, and Alto; so no Tenor or Base (or anything in between) for me! I also can't sing anything faster than a d-120
    Anything Else: Can't think of anything else.

25. calxiyn
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: My range is about low A to the high B so anything lower/higher I would have problems with.
    Anything Else: I take singing lessons and am in musical theater classes.

26. darkhorseD
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: songs in other languages, songs that go high ridiculously high or songs that are in any way in appropriate
    Anything Else: Have a preference for songs by Switchfoot or Owl City, but will sing most songs

27. Forsaken
    Participating in: Everything
    Absolutely cannot sing: High notes, and songs with really fast lyrics (Rap is okay sometimes)
    Anything Else: Nope~

28. Cstar
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Rap (because I can't keep a beat to save my own skin)
    Anything Else: I um... I don't have the mic for it right now (I used to have a better mic back in the day but) I know how to sing screamo... yeaaaaaaaah....

29. SynK
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Actually, I think I can give an effort for anything
    Anything Else: Kawaii Rabu Rabu W E E B S L A N G

30. Bite the Dust
    Participating for: All of them
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Umm... Extremely fast rapping
    Anything Else: I can believe it's not butter

31. Laplace
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Rap or Country, anything incredibly fast because of speech problems, and anything not in English or Spanish. Also don't expect me to do ridiculous high notes/Freddie Mercury-tier vocals without going off-key a bit.
    Anything Else: I have a preference for deep tones, Metal, Rock, and songs with deep, powerful meanings or just bizarre/sad stuff.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  2. Krowley Moderator

Sounds fun.

Participating for: (Duets, trios, quartets, or all of them?)
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: (Hitting High notes for a long time)
    Anything Else: Not really :/

3. KH2man13 Gummi Ship Junkie

Participating for: All 3.
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: High notes, no matter how long.
    Anything Else: I mostly sing tenor/bass, if that helps at all. Also, I can usually only record on Friday/Saturday nights.

4. Mish smiley day!

Absolutely Cannot Sing: Very low, Barry White-type songs. xD
    Anything Else: I could be a fill-in.

5. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Absolutely Cannot Sing:Not sure if I can do Japanese unless I know the song really well-like Why from FF7CC or One of the KH songs. Can't do Scremo. Can't go crazy High.
    Anything Else:

6. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Absolutely Cannot Sing: Really high notes, Spanish
    Anything Else: Have a preference for songs from musicals

7. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

This idea rocks.

Participating for: (Duets, trios, quartets, or all of them?) All!
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: (Any genres/languages/tempos/ranges that you won't be able to do.) Rap. I have trouble doing vocal 'runs' (melismatic singing), so r'n'b is a bit difficult for me. My voice pretty much stops at a D3 (and sounds pretty bad there), so I have to rearrange lot of songs sung by men.
    Anything Else: I'd love to do Broadway stuff, or rock, but anything goes. I can hit a C6 on a extremely good day, but it usually takes a few tries. Willing to be a fill in.

8. Cookiie Traverse Town Homebody

Absolutely Cannot Sing: Low notes. I think the lowest note I can hit is an F3.
    Anything Else: I'll volunteer as a fill-in.

9. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Absolutely Cannot Sing: Perhaps really high notes; Voice range: Female bass to between alto and soprano
    Anything Else: I love all kinds of music ~

10. Daxa~ #stalker

Oh,this seems like a lovely idea~

Participating for: Everything please <3~
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Very very fast songs,or rap (although I would give it a try~)
    Anything Else: Should be able to be a fill in if needed.

11. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Participating for: All of them
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Rap, high notes.

12. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Nice idea here, wanna see how the first one goes over

Participating For: Anything and Everything. The harder the better.
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Anything and Everything. But damn if I don't give it one hell of a try. I haven't met a song I can't really do yet, the quality can vary, but i'll learn if I can't do some songs soon enough.
    Anything Else: I'll be a stand in if need be, I have free time so I'll try my best to help.

13. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

This shall be fun, a great way to bring us more and more together!

Participating for: All of them, my friends. All of them. =)

Absolutely Cannot Sing: Gimme everything ya got dere, I can sing everything. I am like, multitasking...-able. :lolface:
    ...Actually, Voices too thin (I think that's how you call them?) I can't sing. :x

Anything Else: DON'T MIND MY AWFUL VOICE. And sometimes I might delay to give the lines because the school calls or... well, personal problems which I have. Oh yeah, if I'm in something, it's hard for me to give up.~

To Dear Jayn: Same pic as the Thriller chorus (Sleeping Ventus). If someone can't do the song and you're too busy, call me to replace them. Don't overload, take a break if needed. ;]

Also, I am the first derp to ask something! Didn't get the thing about numbers. My bad English is bad. :V

14. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Just wondering really, but when does this Side project upgrade from participation stage to actively singing stage?
    I'm excited to get a song together.
    Hell, if it's only at max 4 voices I'd be willing to help with the mixing of them together if that speeds things up.

15. Jayn

The first 'roulette' thing will be after You'll Be In My Heart. Choruses will be complied in-between main songs. <:

Not so much for my sake, because I'm a rabid multi-tasker, but for participants of the main choruses and whatever little projects we have going on. There are enough drop-outs for the main chorus songs, so I won't run both projects directly at the same time considering that would increase the likelyhood of someone dropping out of both or feeling pressed between one or the other. Thus, the reason Duet Roulette is classified as a side-project.

16. nickoboyzx Gummi Ship Junkie

i wan to join....

participating for:all
    absolutely cannot sing: high and low voice
    anything else:-

17. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Absolutely Cannot Sing: Cannot sing period but usually quite hard to reach very low or very high notes.
    Anything Else: I have a really odd vocal range but it is rather alright, I suppose.

18. (╯°□°)╯︵ ıɥsoɯ Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh what fun. I hope I can do this. >w>

Participating for: All please <3~
    Absolutely Cannot Sing: Foreign languages I suppose but I'm willing to learn based on the song. I cannot hit high notes. But I'll do my best. Would prefer not to sing anything passed the 90s, early 00... if possible.
    Anything Else: Nothing that comes to mind really.

19. Jayn

Yay. <3

So, we have enough people to start this. As promised, I'll start compiling the first chorus now since You'll Be In My Heart is over. It will be a quartet. I'll be sending out the invitations shortly.

Also, just a note, your 'can't sing' list will always be taken into consideration. Meaning if you say you can't do rap, it's a rap song, and your number is pulled, I'll disregard it and randomly choose someone else.

This is just a reminder.~

20. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Absolutely Cannot Sing: No rap or super-duper low notes please.
    Anything Else: I can sing super high notes! Like the high note in 'Leia' is within my range.

Same pic as always please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.