Dream Drop Distance: The Ending Revealed!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Mike Chaser

Hello KH-Vids. The moment everyone has waited for has finally surfaced. If you enjoyed spoilers as much as myself; YOU may really ENJOY this. It's so good that I was pinching myself as I was shocked for what I was reading. For the most part, we all called it! You can read about the whole ending from Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance below. Please note, this has not been confirmed since we haven't seen the actual video footage. SPOILER ALERT.

Special thanks to KH13 for translations
    One of the last bosses is young Xehanort. After you beat him, he turns into Geezernort. Right when he tries to split Sora's heart, Lea appears. So does Saix and a new Organisation XIII, hood down. Xehanort says, "Seven lights, and thirteen darknesses. You will face each other in that land." Then he disappears.

The last boss is armoured Ventus. Sora keept on sleeping, so Riku went to save him. You play a game where you have to put the pieces of Sora's heart back together, by hitting Sora's as they float gently down. Then you fight armoured Ventus there. Even if you win, Sora drops into the darkness. Then, Riku uses Sora's Keyblade. Then, Roxas (What are you afraid of?), Ven (What’s most important to you?) and Xion (What do you want outta life?) question you one after the other, giving you three options. After that, Ansem the Wise shows up. This is all in Sora's heart, bu the way, and he's there because of the research data that was put in there.

Ansem tells you that those three's questions are the key to waking up. Sora wakes up, and Riku is the only one acknowledged as a Keyblade Master. When Lea helped Sora, he wasn't able to produce a Keyblade, but right at the end he pops one out and everyone is surprised. Sora leaves alone on a journey and that is the end.

After the ending, you see Sora playing with a Dream Eater in Traverse Town. Right after, they show an image of Ven sleeping in Castle Oblivion.

The Organisation are Xehanort's tools. It seems that was their purpose from the start. It seems like the plan was to turn all of them into Xehanort. It looks like Lea is now 100% your ally, saying he's become a Keyblade Wielder and everything. At the end you see him off at Yen Sid's place, probably cause he still has training to do.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Mar 29, 2012.

1. jonwearsneff124
      jonwearsneff124
      hmmm weird just two things that does make sense to me one is that riku is known as the keyblade master instead of both or sora just strange how he hasnt had one bit of darkness in him and he still doesnt get chosen. in bbs terra has darkness so he wasnt picked just weird and number two is i dont see sora on a journey alone. in every game he has had someone with him Donald, goofy, and riku just sounds a little weird but i cant wait to see the end and find out for sure :P
    2. Chevalier
      Chevalier
      If this is true. Omg. No waii

Riku is the only one who passes the Mark of Mastery? Well, it was sort of foreshadowed that Sora was getting overconfident and that he was sort of going to "fall"

I am going to spoil myself so much when we get footage and info. Lol.
    3. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      wow, I really want to see the secret ending on video now. This is looking to be really good. And I wonder if Lea's keyblade will be Bond of Flame.
      But I guess it's possible for this ending, because in the first game, and also what we see in BBS, Riku is the only one that was actually chosen to have a keyblade. I mean, Kairi got hers by accident, and Sora could wield one because of Ven. But the only reason that the keyblade didn't choose Sora was that Riku had fallen to darkness in the first game, and so the keyblade left him. If we put that into account, it makes sense that Sora loses the keyblade and goes on a journey by himself. If this is true, it might also be possible that in the next game it's about Sora going on a journey for self-discovery or whatever, and finding his own keyblade. But this is just a guess from what the secret ending it. At least it'll be nice to see Roxas, Ven, and Xion.
    4. Always Dance
      Always Dance
      Source is 2ch, so I think this is legit. And if its...wow, is all I can really say. I can say I predicted Sora not becoming a keyblade master, but going on a journey on his own kind of surprises me. And Lea is a Keyblade wielder now? Whaaaa? I need to get my hands on this game :V
    5. Mike
      Mike
      Yea, we always need a Roxas and Ven!
    6. Always Dance
      Always Dance
      WAIT HOLD THE PHONE FOR ONE SECOND

Sora loses his Keyblade? I don't see that mentioned, what are you talking about? Not being made a Master doesn't mean you lose your Keyblade, look at Aqua and Terra.
    7. greater_bloo
      greater_bloo
      Read up to the point where it said Spoiler Alert. I'm SO daring today. xD
      Anyway nice to see you think the ending is surprising Mike hopefully I'll experience it for myself when the English version comes out.
      Until then Hermit Mode activated.
    8. Always Dance
      Always Dance
      Here's a less awkward translation from KH13:

Also, newly confirmed, Critical Mode is unlockable after beating Proud Mode! YES!
    9. ShibuyaGato
      ShibuyaGato
      My god, this is just insane.
      I sort of saw Sora's "falling" being foreshadowed in the cover art, especially considering that it looks like Mickey is stepping in to help him this time around. Riku's passing the Mark of Mastery exam sort of goes back to the BbS exam where only Aqua passed, only this time he passed because he had already had a chance to conquer his inner darkness.

I also really enjoy that little scene that references the part of the very first entry where Tidus, Wakka and Selphie ask you the questions. The minigame to collect the pieces of Sora's heart seems interesting (though I have no idea what it would mean to "ram" his heart) and Lea getting a Keyblade is just like "wtf"?
      All in all, it looks like 3D is surpassing most of my previous expectations.
    10. Daxa~
      Daxa~
      Wait why did I just read this.
      I didn't even last until Saturday.
      Damn it.

But ASKHKJIJJGFDDFFFF! Lea. Oh Lea. I love you so <3~
      Everything that has been realved is just so...and then the...and...my brain is dying here.
      I need this game,I really do.
    11. Llave
      Llave
      Very interesting. I'm surprised someone got to the end, yet somehow I'm not.

It doesn't surprise me that Riku makes it and Sora doesn't.

I'm just really curious as to what Sora's going to do on his vagabond-like travels.
    12. Krowley
      Krowley
      I didn't want Sora to fail, but I was kind of expecting it.
      He had way to much help along the way, while Riku had to go through most stuff on his own.
      Now I'm really interested on what happens next, as who knows how this changes their character.
    13. HeartofFire
      HeartofFire
      Okay, really? Lea has a Keyblade now? And supposedly that thing is picky about who it lets wield it.
    14. key dragon
      key dragon
      So Sora loses his keyblade, but gets to summon Spirit Dream Eaters? Fair trade if you ask me.
    15. Misty
      Misty
      Is anyone else underwhelmed by this?
      It's not much beyond our speculations. Then again, it's also nothing specific, so maybe there will be more in-game, but there didn't seem to be anything about Xehanort fully returning. And Ventus as a final boss seems like a cop out.

I am interested in what sort of journey Sora is going on though.

And I didn't get the losing his Keyblade impression?
    16. Always Dance
      Always Dance
      Yeah, it's pretty underwhelming. But, Mike, this is actually just the plain old regular ending, not the secret ending, someone should change the title. I didn't get the impression of Sora losing his keyblade either, but it makes sense if Ventus leaves him since Ventus was the only reason he could wield it anyway.
    17. Stella Nox Fleuret
      Stella Nox Fleuret
      It was quite underwhelming.... I can image
      seeing Sora set off on his own
      but I would like to see some footage of it as well.

If this is the normal ending, I can't wait for the secret ending. If this is the secret ending, I'm slightly disappointed. Well, this isn't confirmed yet, so...
    18. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      if it's a nightmare armored Ventus, does that mean it's just Ventus, but wearing Vanitas's armor or something? Because I have no idea what Nightmare Armor looks like
    19. Always Dance
      Always Dance
      It means that it's a Nightmare (A kind of Dream Eater) that's taken the form of Ventus's armor.