Ω Grεεκ Μψτh: Dεfεπd Λτlαπτιs Ω

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

NOTE:This RP is inspired by many things and will be using references from many things including: The Republic by Plato (along with some of his other works), the song "Defend Atlantis" by Flobots (which will play an important part in the RP), The Ring of Gyges (a story told within The Republic), and of course, is based on Greek mythology as well. However, I'm making this RP so you have to know literally nothing about the above sources to join. This thread should be all you need. However, the knowledge may of course be useful to you, if you have any.

[video=youtube;RCyz3--C6so]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RCyz3--C6so[/video]

DEFEND ATLANTIS
    Gyges was just an average farmer in ancient Greece. He followed every law, even when it inconvenienced him. He did his job every day, even when he was too tired. He worshiped the Gods, even when they ignored him. He did all this because it was the right thing to do and Gyges was a very just man…"was" being the keyword here. One night, while Gyges was fishing, the farmer pulled a golden ring out from the river. Upon studying it, Gyges found that the ring was covered in runes. Upon putting it on, Gyges discovered the ring had the ability to turn him completely invisible! It was then that Gyges started to descend towards evil. Using the ring, he traveled to the castle and assassinated the king. He was then able to seduce the queen. It was through this that he was able to become the new king of Greece. Though Gyges had all of Greece to rule over, his inexperience in politics led Greece to decline as a world power. Gyges expected the Gods to correct his errors, but the Gods never came to him. It was then that he realized it, the ring made him Gyges invisible even to the great Zeus himself, as well as all of the other Gods…except for Hades, lord of the underworld.

Hades came for Gyges and told him that it was him who created the invisibility ring. The ring was meant to be used as a tool against Zeus, Hades’ brother and king of the Gods, but Hades had lost it before it was completed. Hades promised Gyges the power to not only bring Greece back to its glory, but to reshape it to his image. The catch? Gyges had to use the same power to destroy the Gods of Olympus with the ring. Gyges eagerly agreed. Hades completed the ring and gave it back to Gyges. The ring now made Gyges invisible to not just sight and sound, but to time itself. The “Ring of Gyges” was also able to absorb the lifeforce of the Gods and grant it to the wearer. Of course, Hades made the ring so he was immune to all effects and could always see Gyges. Using the ring, Gyges traveled through time and killed the Gods, one by one, becoming more powerful with each one he destroyed. At the end, he struck down Zeus, right at the moment that the god of thunder imprisoned the Titans, the original rulers of Greece.

With all of the other Greek Gods gone, Hades allied himself with Gyges. The two reshaped Greece to their image. Using his new godly powers, Gyges dubbed himself the God-Emperor of Greece. Hades and Gyges were able to take Mount Olympus and send it to the sky, where God-Emperor Gyges could rule from above. Gyges then created giant monsters, which he called Gigas, after himself, and spread them across Greece, each guarding a tower where special items were hidden. One of the Gigas, the Kraken, was sent after Atlantis and sunk it, as Gyges feared that Atlantis was the only nation capable of fighting back. Hades unleashed the monsters of the underworld upon Greece to rule with fear.

However, neither God-Emperor Gyges nor Hades knew that Zeus had a contingency plan, a back-up put in place since the beginning of time in case the Gods were killed. A fraction of each God’s lifeforce went to a different individual. These individuals became Demigods, half-gods and half-human. Though the powers of these Demigods were awakening, they do not remember the original Greece, nor do they know why they’re gaining powers. Icarus, the Demigod of Hermes, has been tasked by Zeus’ ghosts to find the other Demigods, kill the Gigas, obtain the items they were guarding, and destroy Gyges and Hades in order to revive the other Gods. But will they believe his message?

Demigods
    In the original Greece, a Demigod was the offspring of a human and a God. The half-human, half-God hybrid resembled a human and was, for the most part, mortal, but had great physical abilities. In Gyges' new Greece, a Demigod is a person with imbued with a Greek God's lifeforce. Demigods start out with only a fraction of the respective Gods' powers, but will gain more as the story goes on. Eventually, the Demigods will become the new God altogether. Each Demigod, in addition to the God's powers, also gets the God's weapon, hidden by Gyges and guarded by a Gigas. The Demigods won't be complete without the weapon. Neither Gyges nor Hades knows about the Demigod's existence.

Atlantis
    Atlantis was a kingdom with a strange political system. It was separated into three classes: Producers, Guardians, and Rulers. The rulers were "Philosopher-Kings," educated from birth to rule with reason while worshiping the Gods and ruling as an entire generation. The guardians were the army, bred and trained from birth to fight. The producers were the working class and had no say in political matters, but they needed none as the Philosopher-Kings were the wisest and could handle everything. Due to Atlantis' strange nature, its citizens had magical properties, though their capabilities remain a mystery. After Gyges reshaped Greece to his image, only Atlantis remained unaffected by his actions for unknown reasons. Fearing that Atlantis can bring them down somehow, Gyges and Hades sent Gyges' first Gigas, the Kraken, to sink Atlantis. Atlantis was wiped off of the map centuries ago. To this day, just like the Titans and the Olympian Gods, Atlantis is a myth.

Discuss and post characters here
    http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?123749-Defend-Atlantis-DISCUSSION&p=3669365#post3669365

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"In fearful day, in raging night,
    with strong hearts full, our souls ignite.
    When all seems lost in the war of light.
    Look to the skies, for HOPE BURNS BRIGHT!"

As the sky above Athens brightened, welcoming the sun from its slumber, a shadow fell from it. A large eagle, rather large for its species landed on the roof of one of the tallest buildings. The eagle, golden brown in color, tilted its head and chirped. It was watching a young, blue-haired young man who was sitting cross-legged on the roof. Strangely enough, there was a staff in front of him, standing perfectly upright without any help. The staff had wings at the tip, spread wide, and a pair of snakes entwined around it, made from the same material: Hermes' caduceus, controller of winds. The young man's hands were resting on his knees and his eyes were closed. His breathing was light. The winged beast was somewhat annoyed. It was dawn, why was his master still asleep? It opened its beaks and let out a loud screech. A smile appeared on the man's face. "Calm yourself, Kalas," his voice was soft, but not yet a whisper. "I am but merely thinking." He opened his eyes, revealing blue, and looked at the bird. "I have been awake, though not for long. You on the other hand," he stood up slowly, picking up the caduceus as he did, "I do not believe that I have ever seen you sleep, Kalas. Then again, you are not a normal eagle, are you?" The bird chirped angrily, almost insulted. "Fret not. I meant to say you are special, not abnormal. The difference is faint, but it is a good difference, friend." He chuckled and moved the staff to his chest, near his heart. As he did, the snakes shrunk until they were there no longer, and the wings folded, making the staff appear much more like a normal staff. He held it to his heart and closed his eyes. "The ground shakes," he started, his voice dropping as he did. "You claim my country, not my soul," Kalas watched as the man continued to speak. "I fight, I toil for the lost in the waves," the man turned, still holding Hermes' caduceus to his heart. "And I will not tire; I'll die no slave," he started to walk and stopped at the edge of the roof, his eyes tightly shut. "If the sea's my grave, I sleep with my city, my people, my oath," he finally opened his eyes and watched as the sun shined its magnificent luminescence across Athens. "...my city."
    With that, he lowered the staff and sighed. "Master Socrates...I repeat the oath you taught me upon waking and upon sleeping," he spoke to his deceased mentor, as he did occasionally. "You told me to remember it for it would affirm my loyalty to your cause and give me the motivation to save Greece, but..." he smiled. "This...oath has long since been embedded into my very being, Master, though the words are only recently there. As long as I breath, I know....I know all will be well."

His name is Icarus, an orphaned warrior, though he knows himself as the Demigod of Hermes. It is his mission to find the other Demigods and rise against Gyges. This mission brought him to Athens, the one city in Greece that God-Emperor Gyges and Hades refused to let fall into discord. While the other Greek cities were either turned to slave camps, training grounds for Greek warriors, or simply fell into poverty, Gyges and Hades held Athens to a different standard. It was the capitol of their kingdom. Its buildings were tall and bright; its people lived in fear of their rulers, but they lived in wealth. And it was here that Icarus would find his first Demigod.

"Come, Kalas. While the rest of the city sleeps, we will find our next companion," he spoke as he attached the caduceus to a strap near his sword. Kalas screeched and flew to the sky. It was a strategy they had come up with before: one searched high, one searched low. Icarus chuckled. "That is not fair, bird. You know I wished to search high for once! None the matter, I suppose," with a faint smile, the Demigod jumped from the roof. He laughed as the air rushed his body, almost as if a futile attempt to push him back, and the ground raced to meet him. Before it could, however, Icarus kicked the building and became a blur, moving at blinding speed through the air, several feet above and parallel to the ground. The young man loved both his flight and speed. It was only a matter of moments before he was in the center of Athens, standing. A quick look around and he knew nobody had seen him. Most citizens were still waking up, after all. "Now...where to begin?"

3. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Everything has the potential to be great; you only need the wisdom to be able to use it.

Deep in the heart of Athens, a small girl made her way through the streets. She wasn’t much to look at and for the most part she was simply ignored, after all she was only a little girl. She wore a simple white dress, enough to show she wasn’t a slave but plain enough to show she wasn’t among the richest of the city’s citizens. Her long blonde hair flew out behind her as she moved quickly and with a sense of quiet determination. She weaved through the maze of streets with a sense of purpose; she knew exactly where she was going.

She’d smile timidly at anyone who happened to look her way but when she looked down, they didn’t see that glint in her eye. They didn’t see that maybe this girl was more than she appeared. They were blind to how she might not be so young and naïve. They couldn’t know about the daggers hidden beneath her dress or that she was going to a war meeting to plan the next rebel attack. They could not see that maybe, just maybe, this girl was something more.

The girl went round a corner to an empty backstreet quietly, discretely checking that she hadn’t been followed. The corners of her mouth curved up, as she moved to her destination, being small had its advantages.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

[​IMG] Tired of from a lack of sleep, the boy took a rest. He had been walking through the alley's of Athens for the whole of last night, and still could not find shelter for his younger siblings. Thinking back on it, he wondered what had made him the leader of this group. He was told he was the best choice and the reasons for it, but he wasn't entirely sure about those reasons. Maybe he needed a little more faith in himself.

"Why don't you all rest as well. We won't have any trouble right now." The boy watched as the group all began to find someplace to sit. Some even managed to lay down in places. He knew they were all tired as well, but they just didn't want to show it. His family always wanted to be strong in front of him, making sure he never had to worry. He appreciated the though, but he also knew some of the children could only walk so long during the day, and they already spent a full night trying to find someplace to stay.
    "Big brother Kaji," one of the younger children started, "when do you think we'll find a new home?"
    Kaji looked over to the child. He smiled and patted his head. "Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find someplace soon. In fact," He pointed his finger to a richer area of Athens, "Maybe we'll even get a home in one of those houses." He grinned, trying to make the child feel better.
    "That would certainly be nice." The child took a long sigh, and closed his eyes. He laid on his side and went to sleep.

Kaji always worried when a member of his family went to sleep. He knew they weren't in the greatest of conditions, and anytime they slept, he was always afraid they would never wake up again. Kaji knew he had to do what it took to make his family a home, and if they had to leave the city and find a cave, he would do that. He would never leave the family he had grown up with by themselves.

5. Noteworthy Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]
    Nicoli/Ares: God of War
    "During war, the laws are silent."
    -Quintus Tullius Cicero

Nicoli approached a small cement house on the corner of a street in Athens. He took a deep breathe before stepping up to its large wooden front door.
    "Mother and father..." the young man whispered under his breathe. "I'm home. Have you missed me?"
    Then, with an elegant yet powerful kick, Nicoli sent the heavy door flying 8 meters inwards until making impact with the back wall. It was then that various individuals came rushing from different corners of the home, each with the same perplexed and startled look on their face. The first to notice Nicoli stepping in was a stocky middle-aged man who immediately pulled a knife out of his back pocket and pointed it at him.
    "I don't know who you are, or what you want!" he bellowed in a deep, intimidating voice. His four kids and wife all took cover behind him. "But I demand you leave my home this instant!"
    "Your home?" Nicole asked, with a chuckle as he took a couple steps closer to the man. "This is my home, sir. You and your family are merely vermin, who have dared to occupy it and filthy it while I've been away."
    The arm that the man used to point the knife was now shaking slightly. "You've lost your damn mind, young man! This lovely home was generously given to my family and I years ago by the great and powerful God-Emperor Gyges!"
    Nicoli clenched his fists, and his face flooded with rage. He quickly grabbed the man's arm, twisted it behind his back, confiscated the knife, then slammed an elbow into his right temple. The children screamed helplessly as they watched their father lose consciousness and fall face-flat on the ground.
    "This house is hereby in my possession!" Nicoli yelled, pulling out his sword and pressing the tip of its blade against the back of the man's neck. "The five of you have exactly 10 seconds to get out, or I take his life."
    Without hesitation the family grabbed a couple of important items, then rushed out of the house. Nicoli followed behind them, carrying the father's body over his shoulder then throwing it onto the front porch. "He'll regain consciousness in a matter of minutes, for I have shown you mercy. But if I ever see any of you anywhere near here again, I'll kill you all."
    With those few spine-chilling words, Nicoli slammed the door shut then rested in a wooden chair in the living room. It had been far too long since he had been in this house, and now that he was in need of one, it felt good to take back what was rightfully his. Indeed this was only the first step in his long journey to undo all the terrible things Gyges had done to him and his family...the family that had been killed in the very home that he now sat in, planning the next act of his revenge.

6. Arch Mana Knight

OOC: Screw banners!

IC:

"I am not sure of how things are run in other groups outside this city, but this is not how we do things here, Orpheus."

"It doesn't matter where I'm from, the point is that we cannot allow the people of Greece to lose hope. How many have been killed in these failed battles of yours?" The young man retorted at one of the rebel leaders as murmured whispers began to grow in intensity. While Orpheus was not originally part of this group he had quickly made himself known to this group and now commanded a small band of their own soldiers. Many disliked his outspoken nature but that was how he had gotten so far...that was how he managed to survive.

"Whether its by fate or chance that Gyges did not destroy every temple, he still gave us a chance to fight back."

"Why would we waste our efforts taking back a building which offers no supplies or strategic advantage?" Another spoke up.

"The people need hope. Even if the Gods truly are dead, they need something to look up to. They need assurance that Gyges can be struck down, even if it may not be by the Bolt of Zeus." Orpheus let out a deep breath and hunched over the map that the group surrounded. Everyone else had suggested seemingly better places to focus on or at least isolated groups of soldiers. "It doesn't matter how many skirmishes we win. If the people don't fight back, we can't win this." He paused for a moment. "That being said...I don't have any ideas on how such an attack would be carried out. Whatever is decided, I will still offer my blade." He stepped back and folded his arms across his chest, watching as the others took a moment to take his words into consideration before continuing with their own debate. 'If only so many didn't have to die...Why couldn't Gyges be some mortal that we could wait for to die?'

7. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Everything has the potential to be great; you only need the wisdom to be able to use it.

As the girl stepped into the room, away from prying eyes, the whole sense about her changed. Gone was the timid little girl act, she may still be small but she meant business and at that moment, she was not impressed in the slightest.

"Right then, who moved this meeting forward without having the simple decency of telling me? Thanks for starting without me. Because if you do that again, I am going to stab someone. Seriously not funny, I'm tired of being messed around. Somebody please, sum up what I missed in less than 500 words so we can get back to business." She spoke with an authoritive edge to her voice that did not fit her little girl appearance. She was well aware several people in this room outranked her but she did not care. She knew that they needed her strategic expertise and she was not fond of being left out of the loop.

She moved round the room swiftly to take her position, though came across Orpheus en route. She paused to look up at the red head and smiled at him, "Hello, I don't believe we've met, who may you be?" She asked out of simple curiosity, though she took in his appearance as she did so, taking in all she could from him in a glance. It was habit she'd got into recently, it had the potential to be very useful, but it was a bit annoying at times.

8. Arch Mana Knight

Orpheus watched as a small-statured girl suddenly barged in and quickly showed her anger over the fact that the meeting had begun without her. 'She's a feisty one. Why haven't I seen her around before? I would've remembered someone with that attitude.' He raised an eyebrow when she turned to face him, hoping she wouldn't go off on him as well. He was a bit surprised at her sudden greeting but offered his name nonetheless. "The name's Orpheus. I haven't spent too much time in this city so I can see why you wouldn't know of me. So who are you?" He looked over at the rest of the group who had paused their debate for the moment. Since none of them was willing to offer an explanation he was left to do the answering.

"This meeting started a little early because of me...at least I think that would be the best explanation. I wasn't aware that anyone else would be joining us. I apologize but there was something important I wished to bring up." He looked over at the map. "Everyone else has been placing their own suggestions on where to strike but I feel that we can best serve the people here by taking back one of the few temples left standing. I believe that taking one back could inspire the citizens to rise up, regardless if the Gods are alive or dead." Orpheus spoke lowly, keeping to his own opinion.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Kaji got up from his spot and looked around the alley that they were in. He needed to find a place to hide everyone so he could look for a place for them to sleep. Athens was a much larger city than he expected, "But I guess I never really traveled much in this city either." He opened a few doors and eventually opened one to what looked like an abandoned home. He went back to his family that was resting.
    "Hey guys, I need you to get up. I found a place you can stay at while I keep looking around." Kaji lead his family to the abandoned house and had his family find their own comfortable positions. When they were all settled in, he left the house and closed the door. He made sure that there was no one around that would see him and then he left for the main streets. Kaji always kept a spare set of clothes on him so he could seem like a normal citizen. "Good thing no one has torn these clothes yet. Otherwise I'd be in trouble." He took his clothes off and flipped them inside out. He knew the best way to keep his spares on him was to literally keep them on him. He always washed his clothes so they wouldn't get dirty, and he made one side looked less clean than the other, to make it look like he was from a lower class. But when he went to the main streets, he slipped on the side that was cleaner and of better quality.
    When Kaji got to the main streets, he wandered for a bit. He had no idea where he was going, and he knew that he at least had to remember how to get back to his family.

10. Aura Goddess

A low sigh escaped Euphemia's lips, her eyes slowly opening as she sat up, her legs tucked neatly underneath you. "I pray to you, help us overcome this tragedy," she muttered under her breath, her lip quivering lightly as she turned her attention towards her mother, who laid in a bed not too far away. She lowered her hands down onto her lap, listening to her mother wheeze in her attempt to breeze. "Give Greece back to the people, so we can no longer suffer." She returned her attention towards a small-like shrine she kept in her small home. She had to share rooms with her mother and barely had much of a living room or a kitchen, but she didn't spend too much time in her home. Whenever she was home, Euphemia was either looking after her mother or off looking for food and water to keep herself and her mother alive. Anything besides those things, she was most likely praying to the Gods, hoping for some sort of miracle.

Hunching her shoulders forward a bit, Euphemia sighed once more and rose up to her feet, walking over to mother. She pulled at her dress as she knelt down beside the bed, placing the back of her hand against her mother's forehead. "No," she murmured, moving her hand away as her brows furrowed. Her had spiked a fever from the last time Euphemia had checked up on her and she was already running out of water. Frowning, she grabbed the towel by the bucket and dipped it into the water, before ringing it out and setting it on the woman's forehead. "I wish I didn't have to leave you, but I need to get more water." She smiled faintly at her mother and kissed her cheek lightly. "I'll try to come back quickly." Grabbing the bucket, the young woman headed out of her house, her pace quickening as she began to worry over her mother more than usual.

11. Midnight Star Master of Physics

As Orpheus explained, the girl listened carefully and at the end looked down, hesitating slightly before answering. For the briefest of moments she could have even seen to look vulnerable, like the little girl she appeared. Then she looked up and smiled once more at him, "Thank you, I'm Myrina, it's a pleasure to meet you." She rubbed her neck, "I'm sorry about that, I jumped to conclusions, which I of all people should know better. It's just they've done it to me before and I wanted to make a point before they make a habit of it." She shook her head, maybe for once slightly regretting her actions; however she clasped her hands together and put that behind her for the moment.

"So a temple you say? Hmm, well I can see the logic in that. Which of the remaining ones would you choose? One that's not destroyed of course but there's a few to choose from still. As you know half the temples are specifically made for one god or another or would you go for a general one? The temples, as they hold no strategic advantage or supplies, aren't as well defended as some of the places we've won. That being said, obviously the main temples will be better defended than the smaller ones." She looked around, gauging the mood in the room, "If we do this the right way instead of just going for the brute force approach that some of you men are so fond of, we might not need a huge army to take them. Depending on which one you're planning to take, we might be able to achieve this will a small team. That would save on resources, leave you free to do other things and when we succeed, bring hope to the people." She said, moving round to take her place as she awaited everyone's responses.

12. Noteworthy Merlin's Housekeeper

[​IMG]
    Nicoli/Ares: God of War
    "During war, the laws are silent."
    -Quintus Tullius Cicero

Nicoli strolled around his long-lost home, giving himself something of a tour. He could hear the faint echoes of his brothers chasing each other with wooden swords, each claiming to be an Olympian God or perhaps an acclaimed warrior they had previously heard great tales about.
    "By the power of Zeus, I smite you all!" Constantine, the eldest, would yell as he mounted the kitchen table and made gestures as though he were thrusting lightning bolts at his siblings below him, who would in turn respond with an ambush as they chanted "Long live the king!"
    They had not a care in the world, other than the constant competition to decide who was the strongest of them all. But even though they may have fought all day and well through the night, these brothers could always rest their heads knowing that no stronger bond existed between anyone as it did with each other.

Now all of that was gone. Now Nicoli stood alone in a house drained of the life and vibrancy it once had. At least they'd done an efficient job at cleaning the blood off the walls.

Letting out a deep sigh, he closed his eyes and placed his hands in his pockets as he leaned against an old wooden dresser his father had hand-made. It was now filled with the clothing of the new family. Suddenly, he feels something in his right pocket, and pulls it out to see that it's a folded piece of paper.
    "Damn it." he said to himself. "I forgot all about this."
    Inscribed in the small piece of paper was the address of a location here in Athens. A couple of weeks ago when Nicoli left the village where he trained with a rebellion force, one of the rebels gave him the piece of paper saying "Look, I know where you're headed, and I won't stop you. Athens is where you and your family lived. I know you need closure. So, I took the liberty of getting you the address of a group that I hear will be meeting over there soon. Get acquainted. Keep fighting. Best of luck, my friend."
    Repeating the address in his head, Nicoli charged out the front door with his sword in hand.

13. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

"In fearful day, in raging night,

with strong hearts full, our souls ignite.
    When all seems lost in the war of light.
    Look to the skies, for HOPE BURNS BRIGHT!"

Icarus was moving quickly, though he refrained from using his godly abilities to avoid bring attention to himself. He had heard the noise, and then saw a family scrambling away together. Curiosity overwhelmed his mission as he decided to investigate, but then he sensed it. There was a Demigod in the vicinity. At first, he cursed the luck that Kalas was nowhere to be seen, but he soon spotted who he was after. A fairly lean young man with light hair protruding in all directions was storming away. In one hand was a fairly large sword that made Icarus' own looked like a knife. Icarus decided against confronting the Demigod right away. People were starting to pour out of their houses for their daily routines; if the other Demigod made a scene...Icarus was worried. He slowed his pace, letting the distance increase between himself and his future ally (so he hoped). "By the Gods," he whispered, "if only I knew who it wa-" and just like that, the world around him ceased to move...and then to exist. Icarus found himself in the sky, watching a man the size of mountains set a town ablaze. Then he found himself in the middle of a battle, the same man now the size of a normal human leading an army, wearing heavy battle armor and brandishing a spear and shield. A third flash, and Icarus was in a dark room, the man in front of him admiring a wall of weapons. The wall stretched for all eternity, Icarus thought. Suddenly, Icarus was right back in Athens, his vision over. "Oh my, what was...?" He wondered, astounded, before realizing. "Of course," he mused, "you divine little thing. Master Socrates warned me of you." Without giving it a second thought, he wondered how long he was "out" for, but nobody seemed to notice. He smiled, somewhat solemnly, and cursed his luck once again. "Ares, God of War," he muttered as he ducked into an alley. "A tough ally, of course. One vital for our mission," he talked to himself as he rushed to the end of the alley, making sure no one could see. "However, if the Demigod of Ares has the same temperament as the God himself, I pray convincing him of our cause would be a difficult task." As soon as he reached a good spot, he jumped, speeding into the air high above Athens. At this height, he should be hard to notice. Though his eyesight was far from perfect, the same "divine little thing" that allowed him to sense Demigods acted as sort of a compass. The Athenians seemed like dots to him, but he knew which dot to follow.

Across the city, Kalas kept its keen vision on Kaji. Like Icarus, Kalas was able to sense the Demigods' presence, something the bird knew made its master curious. However, the eagle's inability to speak meant he could not explain. Worse yet, Kalas was, at the end of the day, simply an eagle. Though he was intelligent, his instincts often got the better of him. The eagle let out a screech and folded his wings, diving towards Kaji.

"Leave me, foul beast!" The young man ran as fast as he could, jumping over fallen logs as and ducking under branches. Behind him, he could hear trees being torn down as his follower persevered. "You shall not, and I mean shall not add my figure to your gallery!" He turned his head slightly, seeing the figure getting close, but quickly turned to face the path. Orin knew better than to stare a Gorgon in the face. The monster, taking the form of a woman with a snake's lower-body and snakes in place of hair, would turn him to stone the moment that he laid eyes upon her. "I apologize for entering your home, I did not know, I swear!" He ran through the forest outside of Athens, the seashells around his neck hovering behind him. As he jumped over another tree, he heard a hiss. She's too close! He feared for a moment, grabbing a dagger from his belt. "I'm sorry!" He turned as fast as he could, his eyes closed shut and his arm outstretched. The Gorging giving chase dove right into the path of the dagger, receiving a cut to her face. She hit the ground, writhing in pain and anger, hissing obscenities only snakes would understand. Orin quickly resumed his escape, opening his eyes as he ran.

[​IMG]
    "Is that all you have?!" The man's voice roared with laughter over the sound of battle. "Greece's finest, so they say, and you can't handle a single griffin?" God-Emperor Gyges laughed in enjoyment as he watched a man, fully clad in armor and wielding a sword and shield, dodge a dive from the beast. It had become a favorite past-time of his, picking the strongest warrior he could find and pitting them against one of Hades' monsters. If the warrior killed the beast, he would be rewarded. If he died, Gyges simply brought him back to life and punished him severely. "Go on now, roll to the side! Yes, like that, now stab it!"

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Kaji stumbled through the crowd on the main streets. He really didn't enjoy having to walk through big crowds, but he just had the bad luck of always going on them when people were in a hurry. "Although, considering it's always busy, does that mean they're always in a hurry?" he though to himself. He tried his hardest to keep calm. He seriously did not like being pushed around a lot. Although, he meant that in the literal sense. Honestly, he didn't care too much if he was pushed around by other people if he could help them out some way.
    When he got to a square he noticed all the shops lined up against each other. There were blacksmiths, pottery shops, food shops, and much more. Although, looking at the food certainly got him hungry. That wasn't something he needed. Just as he walked past the blacksmith though, he heard yelling. Inside the forge it looked like what seemed to be the owner yelling.
    "Aww man!! This is just great, how am I supposed to make anything when I can barely get a flame going!!"
    Kaji peeked inside and noticed what the owner, although he was just saying that since the guy was the only one in there, was yelling that. In one of the furnaces there was a small flame. It looked so small, like it was clinging to what little life it had. Kaji looked around to make sure no one was watching him. Then he put his hand out in front of him and envisioned himself grabbing the flame. After he had that done, he clenched his hand and pulled his hand back harshly. Just as Kaji did so, the flame in the furnace sprung to life, enveloping the furnace.
    "Woah!!" The owner jumped back and wiped his forehead, "Haha, guess you knew not to mess with me huh?" Soon enough the man got back to doing his job.
    Kaji left and headed down another road. He had never told anyone about his ability, even his family. He didn't know if it was a good thing or bad, and he didn't want to take that chance. Any moment he could though, he always practiced with it, seeing what he was able to do. He knew if any person saw him do it though, he would probably be taken to Gyges. At least, he knew that was the most likely case.

15. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

"AAARGH!" He groaned in frustration, before his stomach growled. "Quiet, darn you stomach!" He had arrived in Athens, and was pretty hungry. He looked around for any restaurants nearby, of course it wouldn't matter since he had no money. He could just steal some, but that wouldn't work well at all. Sighing, he just collapsed right next to a building. He looked up, sweating. "Man, I wish it wasn't so hot here..." He sighed once more, rubbing his head.
    ...The hell? He touched his forehead again. Not much sweat...That was strange. Now that he started thinking, the temperature was beginning to cool down. "...What happened? Must be a coincidence. Might as well make the best of it!" And with that, he got up, and started walking. Where? He didn't know, he just wanted to help...and get a bite to eat.

16. Aura Goddess

Euphemia's eyes stared down at her reflection in the water, the bucket already filled with enough that would probably last a few days. She had been living in Athens her whole life, and all she could do was watch it turn into a chaotic place because of the God-Emperor. She felt a chill run down her spine, causing her to sit up straight and breathe in deeply. Just the thought of it bothered her, and seeing it only made it worse. Returning her attention back down at the water, she reached down and touched the water gently with the tip of her finger before watching a ripple form and soon enough, the water turn to ice. Gasping loudly, Euphemia quickly moved away, her hands covering her mouth in confusion and amazement. "What did I...?" She slowly lowered her hands and stepped closer to the frozen water, leaning forward as she tapped on it. "It's..." Inhaling deeply, Euphemia looked down at her hands, opening and closing them into fists as she tried figuring out what she had just done. She'd never done that before and seeing it now only confused her. Her bottom lip quivered as she quickly picked up the bucket of water and turned around, running home. She was lucky that nobody was around, but she'd rather not be in the area whenever someone does see it.

17. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Opening her eyes, she stared at the rather blank walls of her room. A room she was forced to stay in and "entertain" those that paid Estes for her services. The last man had left with a scowl on his face. Complaining that she'd been boringly original and he wasn't happy. Estes would come soon... Shutting her eyes on the thought, her memories flashed vividly behind her eyelids, taunting her and mocking her dignity...or what remained of it. Pushing herself up into a sitting position, she noticed the blood spot on her sheets. That's right...the man had brought his new wife with him...she'd been a virgin...and she was forced to help him take that from her. She pitied the girl and yet she could clearly see the pity in the other woman's eyes as she looked at her. Covering her face with her slender, pale hands, she let her long dark purple hair cover her face, falling over her bare shoulders. "Gods help me..." she moaned.

Footsteps pounded down the hallway and the sound of heavy locks being removed on her door alerted her to the uninvited Estes coming into her room.
    "You've made another customer unhappy..." He spoke slowly as if she couldn't understand Greek. "I apologize..." He laughed horribly and she cringed. "You apologize... You're not going to get dinner for this, you filthy, disgusting b--" She was glad when he stopped short of insulting her further as a bell rang at the front desk. Another customer...and she felt awful already. "You better pray this one leaves wanting to come back for more." Though it would save her life, she didn't wish it. The girl, sitting in her bed, hunched over, pushing purple hair back from her forehead, wished desperately she could die.

18. CrownMoksha Decimo

As he stood on one of the rooftops of Athens, only one thought ran though his head. Well, I'm up here now, so now what? This was something Jayden always did as a way to think. He stood in the same spot for about a minute before deciding to get down. Going to the edge that was closet to the alley and jumped, along the grabbing on to anything he could use to slow his descend to the ground. Guess I'll just wander around for now. He thought as left the alley and wansered the streets.

19. Arch Mana Knight

OOC: BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL. ...I didn't notice how long it had been since I myself had posted. >>

BIC:

"I'm unsure of which would be the easiest to capture." Orpheus spoke lowly, crossing his arms as he stared down at the map. "You're right though, we can't just go after a temple specifically dedicated to one single god." He smirked as he added in, "We don't want to appear to be playing favorites." He stepped back and rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he looked back over at Myrina. She seemed to really know what she was doing...which was surprising considering she was a female. There wasn't any woman he could think of that could make sense of battle strategy.

"This seems likes something we could actually handle." Orpheus looked over at the others. He almost expected them to still reject the idea.

"Fine. Pick your target but we will not back either of you on this. It is too risky to send a large group. You will be forced to use those in your groups that are already available." One of the leaders said.

"That's all we'll need then." Orpheus paused and glanced over at Myrina. "You are going to help out...won't you? I'd really hate to do this kind of thing without assistance."

20. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

[​IMG]
    The sins of jealousy and anger
    made this man deal unjustly with one bringing blessings
    -Dionysus

A middle-aged woman came storming out of a large manor into a strawberry field. She held the skirt of her dress up as she marched through the dirt angrily. "Aurora! Aurora get over here!" She grabbed a young woman's shoulder, yanking her to her feet. The girl dusted the dirt off of her clothes and ripped a pair of gloves from her hands.

"What now mother? I told you I wanted to work in the fields. The strawberry patches need weeding and the grapevines need pruning." The woman smacked her for talking out of turn. She grabbed Aurora by the arm and started dragging her towards the house.

"You know you're not supposed to be out in the fields. It's unladylike and you are supposed to be getting ready. You have more suitors coming today and I expect you to finally pick someone. We shouldn't have to introduce you to every man in the country!" She pointed to the door and inspected a vine trailing off of the house. "Get cleaned up immediately. There is an outfit laid out for you on the bed."

Aurora walked inside gritting her teeth. She hated this whole arrangement. Nobody should have to be forced into a relationship. She entered her private bathroom where a servant had a bath already drawn for her. It was rather lavish, with various scented oils and herbs mixed in it. Aurora stepped in and a young girl named Merida washed her quickly. The outfit her mother picked out was one she wore every time callers came to visit. A black lace choker, two aquamarine bracelets, and a cream colored dress with black straps and a large bow on the front. Merida put her hair up, with various strands of hair hanging down throughout her head. Aurora slipped into a pair of leather sandals and stared at her reflection. The thought of meeting more men sickened her. The last one she was introduced to actually had the audacity to strike her for not choosing him. His greed had shown almost immediately and apparently he didn't enjoy taking no for an answer.

EDIT: for those that read my post and saw that it ended mid-sentence, it is now completed. my phone was like 2 minutes away from dying and i wanted to get what i had wrote up before i lost it forever. rewriting things suck, especially from a cell phone. that is all! =]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.