KH-Vids Podcast KHV Podcast Presents Summer Mini Series

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Sabby, May 1, 2012.

1. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

[​IMG]

Hello KHVidans, ​
    It’s a special time of the year; it’s (almost) summer break! Which means school is over (or almost over) for many of you, and I’m pretty sure most of you will be on KHV during the break. It’s a very special time for the KH-Vids Podcast. It’s been over a year since it first started and now we are trying our best to get many of the members involved. Wait no further because I present, the Summer Mini Series! ​

[​IMG]

What is it?

The mini series is a summer project for all members to become involved with the KH-Vids podcasts. Members in a group of 4 or 5 have the control to make their own podcast episode and I would post it on KHV titled as an episode for the mini series. It is a community project for everyone to try and take part, so everyone can see the members we have here on KHV. The initial time frame for the mini series is from May to August. Since this is a BETA, the mini series will run from May to July. (If it gets enough community involvement, I’ll extend the time frame). This does not cut out the episodes that the KH-Vids Staff provides, but is a way to get members to become more active with the community and communicate with each other.​

What do you need?

You will need:
    • A group (Min.: 3, Max.: 4-5)
    • KH-Vids members
    • Skype or another method of voice calling
    • Skype recorder
    • A program to edit the audio
    • Microphones
    • A good attitude

Topics

Topics can range from anything in particular but you must remember that you are recording for people to listen to. Do not pick a very narrow topic that does not seem to have a ton of interest among your fellow members. However, you must run it by me or another staff member with the topic you wish to talk about.

Rules

These are the following rules for the mini series:
    • This is open to all members, which include premiums and staff.
    • The members are in control of their own episode: getting a group together, recording, editing, and submitting it to me.
    • Each episode should be no more that 45 minutes. If this occurs, I will ask you to cut it down until it reaches 45minutes.
    • Make sure the format of the podcast is MP3
    • There will be no vulgar language, swearing must be kept to a minimum
    • No sexual jokes, racial jokes, offensive terms are to be said on the podcast.
    • No bashing of other members or fan sites (we are not here to trash talk).
    • One member is allowed to be in the podcast once. Twice, if the group is mixed up. (E.g.: Member 1 made an episode with group 1. Member 1 cannot be in another podcast with members from group 1 to create a new episode)
    • No having inside jokes that no one will really understand, you’re recording for an audience.
    • If you podcast has spoilers, please mention it in the description when submitting
    • Try and stay on topic. Off topic is not terribly bad but always try to re-route to the original idea
    • Last but not least, have some fun with it. :)

Editing/Music

You may feel free to handle adding music and editing to the podcast yourselves, however, if you need any assistance, please send the Podcast file (along with your song choices) to Chevalier via PM.​

Form

Before you start your podcast, one person from your group needs to message Sabby or another staff member about your topic and the members in the group.This is used in case your fellow members thought of the same topic as your group. Once they have given the okay you may record. When you finish recording and edited your podcast, upload it to either mediafire or another file sharing site. You may send it through email (podcast@kh-vids.net) or PM Sabby. To make sure I have received your PM/Email, I will reply back so you will know. In the email/PM please provide:
    • Members in the group
    • Podcast file
    • Description of what your podcast is about

If you have any questions post them below and I will help clarify. Other than that, have fun and enjoy.
    Here is the thread if you need help finding a group : http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?124495-KHV-Podcast-Mini-Series-Groups

-Sabby <3

2. Hayabusa Venomous

Oooh, this looks real fun. I'd love to contribute. Hopefully my phone's camera and mic are good enough, but now I need to make a Skype account...

I'll await for other, more clever members to post ideas for possible episodes.

3. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

When should we send you our forms? btw anyone wanna join my team? i have experience with podcasting Xd

4. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

The form should be sent after you've made the podcast and have edited it.

5. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

Do we have a due date? The latest we can send you our forms is _______.

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Ooh, this is a great idea. It gives all of us a chance to really participate in something like this, and it's sure to be a great time for everyone involved.

I can't wait to do this with a group, because I already have more than a few people in mind~

7. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Oh this looks pretty interesting, I think I'll give it a tr-

[​IMG]

8. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Ah so many rules, no racist or sexual jokes, well can't do this with Noroz now! :P

I'd be interested with anyone who wishes to do one of these. Drop me a line if you want to get someone.

Is there a place where we can advertise available times to record, interest in topics and so forth in a thread somewhere?
    Only because I can think of many people i'd like but I wouldn't want to ask each of them individually if they are able, interested, etc. It can then mean loads of people don't have to ask each other and they can go to one thread to check all that out.

9. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

i have 2-3 open seats, anyone wanna join, ill be doing the editing and uploading, ill need ARE some voices lol

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Ohai babe <3 I am hopnig I am one of those people... because I have good ideas >:3 /inb4EnzyandCat'sportalplaying

11. VentusRoxas Merlin's Housekeeper

Sounds like fun. All I need is a "Skype recorder"

12. Llave Superless Moderator

I love this, it shall be glorious. GS you have to be with me there is no other alternative.

Two quick questions:

I. We are allowed to do a mini-cast with a Staff Member or two correct?

II. What Skype Recording program do you use for the podcasts?

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

hi i'm not sabby but i own a panda so close enough

1. Yes, staff members are allowed.

2. Sabby usually uses a program named Pamela. It's free for download for Macs and PC.

14. Llave Superless Moderator

Plums, Appa isn't a flying panda...

Anyways thank you sir.

15. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

I believe the Skype Recorder they speak of is the Recorder from Message Plus. ;)

OK, I WANNA JOIN.................... but I suck at English speaking. D:
    Good luck for me then. Going to find someone.

16. Misty gimme kiss

Exceeeeept not really. Pamela isn't free, there is a trial but iirc it caps you at 15 minutes. I personally use Pamela as well, but I'm sure there are freeware options out there. I've used Skype Call Recorder on Ubuntu with success (I believe the Clawcast was recorded using that), I haven't tried the Windows version but it exists. Doing a quick Google, you could also try MP3 Skype Recorder, or Messenger Plus.

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I think this sounds fun. Something to do before I leave. Also, quick question, Is this having all the people record? Or is just one person recording the whole thing?
    Still got room for me?

18. Plums Wakanda Forever

oh
    OH

Sorry kids I am dumb listen to Misty plz :'c

19. Misty gimme kiss

Only one person needs to record, but it (of course) has to have everyone's voice in it.

20. Mish smiley day!

This sounds good. o: I much prefer short and sweet podcasts. I look forward to seeing the results!

and if anyone wants to include me in their group then that would be nice