GameInformer June 2012 issue features Nomura Interview

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Sabby, May 7, 2012.

1. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Gaming magazine GameInformer has an interview that is worth reading, featuring Tetsuya Nomura. The newest issue of the magazine should be in stores now, if you want to pick up a copy. It talks about a mix of the Kingdom Hearts games with some Final Fantasy as well.

Source: KHinsider

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Sabby, May 7, 2012.

1. Blader
      Blader
      I still have a sneaking idea as to what the new title is.......But I'm not saying anything yet.
    2. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      It's nice to know that he's thinking about making them for consoles again. It seems like forever since we last played on a console with kingdom hearts. And it's probably a good thing they put stuff in Dream Drop Distance that people can read about the last few games because for some reason people have a hard time following the story. Don't know why though. Guess it'll always be a mystery to me.
    3. Misty
      Misty
      Did anyone else get the feeling that the interviewer ticked Nomura off in various places? hah. For example, the child-focused thing, and the where's Versus already bro comment.

Still, an interesting read. Glad to hear he understands the console hopping has been nuts, and an HD remaster is yes plz. <3 Thanks Sabby~
    4. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      I've been calling that HD thing for a while. Me and my friend back in Colorado always talked about it happening sooner or later someday. But yeah, I'm sure he's annoying somewhat by the whole "Where's Versus XIII" thing and child-oriented. I never even considered it really child-oriented. I considered it more along the lines of older teens and stuff
    5. Misty
      Misty
      He's mentioned it before, a year or two ago now. He always gives the same ambiguous answer though, "I'm interested but I can't say anything definite." Which I understand, but it is frustrating.
    6. Krowley
      Krowley
      Always interesting to see Nomura's answers.
      Not really focused on FFvXIII, but always good to hear more on KH. Even if they do pose more questions then answers.
      Really hope they don't port on to Vita.
    7. Soap
      Soap
      I really really hope 3 is after 3d's. I don't think I could take another not needed spin-off. I like how they are putting I guess detailed cliff notes into it though, that was a pretty niffty idea. I'm also getting tired of the system hoping here. I really don't wanna have to go buy a vita for this crap, and I'm already probably gonna be disappoint if 3 doesn't see ps2, cause I don't own, and probably won't ever own a ps3.
    8. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      I really hope a KH game doesn't come out on the iPad or iPhone. That just seems like it would be a bad decision.
    9. windblade
      windblade
      This is nice to read: "If it is possible, I would like to do something about the series being spread over so many different consoles, too."
      And this: "I also feel that it's about time that Kingdom Hearts should go back to being on a console."
      I originally got a PS3 since it was the most likely system that the KH series would continue on. Guess I was wrong. Hopefully I wont be for long, though.

As for FFvXIII, Square can take as long as they need to, so long as they make it just as good as it seems like it's going to be! It looks like it's going to be, if not the best, close to the best Final Fantasy game yet. A heavy story, Kingdom Hearts-like combat, pseudo-open world gameplay...
      So, no point in rushing Square. They can take their time to make this game perfect.
    10. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      I hope this means no KH for the Vita, I really don't want to get another console at the moment. And I wouldn't mind something KH related for the iPhone/iPad (got a bunch of them right now).
    11. jafar
      jafar

I will be so excited if he does this. I can't afford to buy every damn console he releases a game on. It would make it so much easier and worthwhile if they were just on one console.
    12. viciorooms
      viciorooms
      What's exactly "Mementos"?
    13. Misty
      Misty
      From the sounds of it (I've not played Dream Drop Distance but I've heard the feature touched upon before), it's a datalog of sorts included in Dream Drop Distance, likely similar to Jiminy's Journal. I'm guessing it gives the player a recap of what has happened in the series so far, so that fans that have missed a few games can catch up.
    14. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Mementos is a feature in the game where you can read summaries detailing the plots of every KH game prior to KH3D
    15. Mike
      Mike
      For everyones sake I hope he means PlayStation 3 and not 4...
    16. KeybladeSpirit
      KeybladeSpirit
      His answer to that seriously sounded like what you'd get from a call center or e-mail support if you asked there.
    17. Krowley
      Krowley
      So do I...

I would probably answer in that way to if production was no where near complete.
    18. Shikou
      Shikou
      If he makes a Vita game then he better bring BBS to PSN or Im going to have 2 PSPs in my possession. Ether way, Im still going to keep my PSP-3000 no matter what anyway :B
    19. libregkd