Kingdom Hearts 3D no longer available for Digital release

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Krowley Moderator

Nintendo has confirmed the release of Kingdom hearts 3D as well as other 3rd party titles for digital release in the E-shop. While no release date has been confirmed, this allows players to buy the digital download instead of the cartridge. Other games planned to be coming soon to E-shop include Epic Mickey 2, Castlevania, and others listed below.

[​IMG]

Credit to Joystiq for the news and photo, as well as axel91 for the tip off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 17th Update:
    It seem since Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance is a 3rd party game, it will not be available for digital download. It will be only made available through boxed purchase along with the other games above.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Wouldn't the digital version be released on July 31st, the same day as the physical version?
      Anyway this is great news. Hopefully this also means BBS will finally be released on the PSN.
      Oh, and your welcome!
    2. chessplayerjames
      chessplayerjames
      I hope that digital downloads are CHEAPER than buying them at the store...on the PSN, it was much easier to purchase them on UMD than to download, and cheaper also. Although it should be cheaper to download, not buy the cartridge, I think. Looking forward for this release, the hype continues to build :D
    3. kngdmhrts2
      kngdmhrts2
      Probably not, Nintendo did like talking about New Super Mario Bros 2 being the first game to be available for both retail and digital, and that's not coming out until August...but who knows? Maybe they were meaning just first-party (not likely, but anything is possible) so KH3D could be the first third-party game to be available for both.
    4. libregkd
    5. EvilMan_89
      EvilMan_89
      i like this news, i personally would probably use both cartridges and digital depending on the game. i hope games that were already released get the digital treatment as well. i'm hoping for Resident Mercenaries 3D being a digital download game, i would always love to have that game nearby.

i don't think they will be cheaper. i remember reading somewhere that New Super Mario Bros. 2 digitally will be the same price as the cartridge, though it's possible this will change or won't be something applied to all games i suppose.
    6. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Nomura said he wanted to release BBS on the PSN. Not sure what's taking long though. People keep telling me that it was because Disney was against having games available for download.
    7. Razgriz Thirteen
      Razgriz Thirteen
      It's convenient, true enough, but I'm old fashioned, I like seeing my KH collection, so yeah. And I dunno how that will work for those of us in Asia whose countries aren't on the list on the 3DS settings..
    8. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Yeah, I prefer having a physical copy with me. Still, this'll be convenient for those who get most, if not all, their games digitally.
    9. Te Deum
      Te Deum
      Yet no news on the demo...

Thanks for the update, Krow.
    10. libregkd
    11. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Thanks for clearing things up. I never understood the whole ordeal with Disney and BBS's digital release.
    12. Shikou
      Shikou
      It's nice that Nintendo is doing this but I think it's better to get the retail version. We dont really know how much memory the game would take. This is still a problem with PSP games because most are more then a GB big in size. I dont really mind getting digital download copies of video games if it was my only option like like Corpse Party or the PSOne Classics on PSN. If it's a game I would take to my grave (Hakuoki for example) because I would be too embarrassed to buy the retail copy of it then digital download is the way to go if thats the case. It is most likely that it will be the same price as retail.
    13. Krowley
      Krowley
      July 17th Update:
      It seem since Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance is a 3rd party game, it will not be available for digital download. It will be only made available through boxed purchase along with the other games above.
    14. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Man that sucks. Not only for KH3D, but for all 3rd party titles.