Top 5 DA's Top 5! Week 31(74) (June.29th - Jul. 5th)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Darkandroid, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Every week, I scour the video portal's latest submissions and pick my top five favorites. Just because you don't make it into the top five does not mean that you're video wasn't good. We just have so many good videos that they're hard to choose from!

Sorry everything is so behind, I was on holiday, and as I went to post this yesterday, the died had a heart attack. But anyway, I would like to thank RvR for doing the Top 5 for one week, I liked the choices he made and I really appricate it. Here is the T

[top5number1]8c76370d-7121-4f29-a367-9acd0103e3f8[/top5number1]

This Week's Winner: Fayt | View Video
    Song: For the True Story by Sonic Adventure 2 OST

Oh my ****ing god. A video on the portal hasn't blown me away like this in a while. This is the next step for the editors here. Use photoshop, it is your friend they go together so well if used properly. Some parts seemed repeatitivebut that is nitpicking and there is no story, but considering the music, there isn't much need for one. I loved every minute of here. My favourite video on the portal so far. Congrats.

2. Submitted By: EvilMeRc8 | View Video
    Song: Whisper in the Dark by Skillet

A solid video, good flow timing, everything we would expect from you, the part of 0:49 ruined the flow a bit, and felt too slow compared to the style of editting you did before it. But beyond that. Really liked it.

3. Submitted By: False Visions Studios | View Video
    Song: Breathe Into Me by Red

Well Red is a popular band choice here, good thing I used it before it got generic. XD I loved the intro, bit long, but at least it looked very nice. Only gripe about the MEP was that all the editting styles together all with their own timing style, make it seem cramped and almost a bit messy, also some of the masking and effects during the slow part. Yes Masking is fantasitc but don't abuse it. I found the video very effects heavy, nothing wrong with that, but there is a time a place, use it for really fast paced songs, songs like this you need more drive then effects. Sorry for the small rant, I really did enjoy the video.

4. Submitted By: Yuna784 | View Video
    Song: What about now by Daughtry

Another solid video, again for a slow song like this, there were some pointless effects like at 0:15, also some of the flow was eh, but beyond that, it was well made.

5. Submitted By: WGreyB | View Video
    Song: Wherever You Will Go by The Calling

A good emotional video, can't complain about the editting much, but yet it gives me an...meh impression, because it's nothing new. Still didn't stop me from enjoying it.

Oh as a final word, **** that smiley advert at the top of most videos, it annoys the crap out of me. Hello, hello, HELLO. Yes I get it hello to you to, now shut up, i'm trying to watch videos.

Hope you enjoy them all, and keep submitting! Maybe your video will show up here next time!

2. kngdmhrts2 Twilight Town Denizen

i've gotta quote DA's first words to #1....OMFG!!! that was so amazing, my favourite vid ever, full stop!:noworries:
    loved the rest of them too but #1 is so gonna be watched by me a hell of a lot of times, lol

3. HazHearts Traverse Town Homebody

Awesome job, 1st deserves a seizure warning. xD

Omg! no way!
    Yes.. I even got that pop-up on my PSP while visiting the site. o_O

4. Unknownkid Traverse Town Homebody

#1 really blew my whole mind away. Even though I've seen Sukey use photoshop effects on her AMV before, this one is pretty awesome too. Nice top 5 ;)

5. kngdmhrts2 Twilight Town Denizen

you get it too? i thought it was just me O_o having that blare in my ear with headphones in is so damn annoying, any chance of that ad being changed?

6. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Probably not, I can't change the ads that appear in Portal, the whole thing is run by another site, all we do is manage the videos uploaded here and the member who sign up.

7. Nobody_XIII Traverse Town Homebody

Nice top 5.
    congratulations for the ones who get in the top 5.
    but the third and the fourth link didn't work for me :( :(

8. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Should be working now.

9. Fayt Merlin's Housekeeper

Wowzers

That sucks , Hmm..Isnt there some kind of thing you would have to pay to take the Ads off? I cant remember so well but..oh wow..

I am gone for about 1-2 weeks and I see this. Same day too.. Anyways I like all of them personally , Whispers in the dark is one of my fav. songs despite the fact it is used alot and is very popular and common great top 5 and.

I should put that up but I couldnt tell so well if it would cause siezures or not since im used to that alot.

And I want to say thank you for the compliments , They mean alot and inspire me since I kind of wanted to quit amv's because I felt like I would fail in a way..But enough about that.

@Unknownkid & kngdmhrts2:
    The fact my b-day is in 2 days makes me feel better too..

10. Nobody_XIII Traverse Town Homebody

11. PhazonJunkie Merlin's Housekeeper

Awesome tope 5 again!

The song in number 1 really brings back some old memories.:rockdover:

12. squallxrinoa Merlin's Housekeeper

xD and then I thought it was only me.Great top 5!but the link for #1 doesn't seem to work for me..

13. WGreyB Merlin's Housekeeper

... Wow. One of the best Top Fives I've seen in... well, quite a while. First place was absolutely AWESOME. Never seen Photoshop incorporated into a video that smoothly /ever/. All of the other videos were really astounding, too. I can't say I have a favourite out of any of them. I'm surprised I even placed this week. My video was just something I did in a few days with only a couple of effects and no real story. xD Still, glad I got fifth. Great job to everybody who placed this week!

14. Fayt Merlin's Housekeeper

Uhh...I guess people consider I have photoshop with my gimp editing..? Its a free image editing software , Just google gimp and anyone could use it I can say it can be good as photoshop if you know how to use it correctly. The olny things I wish for from gimp is. Better filters , Better graphic quality brushes.

15. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Woah... amazing videos everyone. For the number one pick.. holy ****.. that was awesome. Congrats ^^ <3

Sabby was here<3

16. KatastrophicKaylee Moogle Assistant

I'm sure I speak for all of use when I say that FVS is so glad that we were in the Top 5 this week. Thanks for the criticism and we'll be sure to think through what you said in the MEPs to come :)

We plan on BLOWING you away.

With our Spider-Man candy fans xP

17. Kairih Merlin's Housekeeper

O____O
    The first is....OMG!!!! guys, you rock =OOO I must start to use photoshop for my vids too...O.o

Yes! XD We really are!!! XD And I'm glad that you loved the intro =)

18. Fayt Merlin's Housekeeper

ummm..I am finalformsora3 I put a '/' because i go by 2 names as a user.

19. Kairih Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh, sorry XD I thinked that it was a collab ._.

20. Fayt Merlin's Housekeeper

Sorry for my rudeness

Its fine really..Sorry if i sounded rude when i said it , Thank you for the compliment I gladly appreciate your feedback on this and it will inspire me by the words you just said. As to everyone actually but I hope other people dont think of it as a collab thats why I'm trying to correct that since the top 5 said '&' so..I guess it shouldn't matter but it does to me if someone tried to take my video and say they did a collab with me in a way.