Hunger Games and Catching Fire by Suzan Collins!!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Lily Lilac, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Lily Lilac Merlin's Housekeeper

Hunger Games Trilogy is my fav, i think it was way better than twilight or harry potter, what does everyone else think of the books?

2. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I really liked the Hunger Games, not read Catching Fire yet. They're not quite my favoutite books but a good read. There used to actually be an rp based on them at one point in the rp arena.

3. Shrooms Destiny Islands Resident

I WANT THE 3RD BOOK ALREADY AAAAAAAAAAAH,The cliffhanger left in the end was HORRIBLE
    HORRIBLE >:C

Also,I don't think Hunger games should even be compared to twilight...you're comparing an amazing book to toilet paper (no offence to anyone that likes twilight)

4. Lily Lilac Merlin's Housekeeper

lol, thats what i think now, i used to like twilight but i was never obbsessed with it like i am with the Hunger Games. :/gasp:

5. linna Merlin's Housekeeper

OH my gosh, I LOVE the Hunger Games. To me it's one of the best books that I've read (and I've read a lot). The books flow amazingly. I swear it felt like it took me an hour to read the whole thing. I read both in a night, I was hooked from the first chapter. I am team Peeta all of the way. I can't wait to see what happens in Mockingjay. August 24th baby!!! (:

6. Shrooms Destiny Islands Resident

Why is august so far away?
    /sob

7. Cleopatra King's Apprentice

I've read the first two books. I think they're pretty amazing. I lent the first book to one of my friends and she loved it too! I tried getting her to read the second one but failed cause she lost her interest in reading (her loss) I can't wait for the third book! I screamed when I heard it was going to be released in August!

I can't wait to see what happens when they arrive in District 13!

Has anyone heard about the movie they might be making to go along with the books? I've seen a few trailers, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyone know anything?

8. Lily Lilac Merlin's Housekeeper

on a fansite i looked on they are 100% sure there will be a movie now. but it won't be coming out until summer of next year i think. (Join the social group on my link!)

9. Shrooms Destiny Islands Resident

O_O...But a movie would destroy it
    i mean REALLY destroy it..NO ONE CAN ACT AS PEETA
    FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

10. Lily Lilac Merlin's Housekeeper

The movie will ruin the book. T_T

11. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

Honestly I just started reading it two days ago, because it's FINALLY available in my library. I'm only on chapter 3, I've been busy, but it's already amazing. The librarian told me it was slow to start, but I don't think it is. It's really excellent, straight from the beginning.

12. Lily Lilac Merlin's Housekeeper

Yeah, that's what i was told too, but i think it is great from the start as well.

13. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

I love these books(and in my personal opinion, everything is better than Twilight. Those books were horribly written). Catching Fire was my favorite, though I saw the part where
    Katniss got put back in the games coming
    . I would partally disagree about them being better than Harry Potter. By story, they were much better, but my plot and style, I think JK Rowling did better, but that's just personal opinion. I do like The Hunger Games more though :/gasp:. Very much so.​

14. Lily Lilac Merlin's Housekeeper

I preordered Mockingjay. (for those of you who aren't obsessed, that the final book in the trilogy)

15. Stardust Chaser

So, bit of a bump, but I just started the first book of this series yesterday and I must say, I am very impressed.

It's very reminiscent of Battle Royale, which is one of my favorites, but I think I might end up enjoying this more simply because it's so much more personal. In Battle Royale [not really a spoiler but just in case]
    the kids weren't really friends, just a bunch of classmates, most of whom didn't get along. Their families were also either dead or despicable, and a lot of the main characters were cruel or selfish (though I suppose it's more human to be that way)
    . Here, I really feel for the protagonist and her family and community.

I'm actually sort of disappointed I didn't pick it up until now. A friend of mine read the books and told me they'd be right down my alley (describing them as a mix between Uglies and Battle Royale, which seems pretty accurate and I love both anyway), which is when I finally decided to try them. So far I'm glad I did, but I'm only a few chapters in.

Unfortunately I only picked up the first book because I wasn't sure I'd like it. I'm already beginning to wish I'd just got the entire trilogy box.

As for comparison to Twilight, I'm not sure that's entirely fair. They're completely different genres.