Cry Me a River

Discussion in 'Archives' started by 2Foxxie4U, Mar 21, 2008.

1. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

*shrugs* Kinda figured it was time to stop feeling sorry for myself and finally upload something to this site... *shrugs again* Not exactly fandom, but... whatever.

This is a short lil' ditty I did while severly depressed... Kinda like how I am now... *sigh* I started it a while ago... and... it's still not done. >.<; Whatever.

Anyways, the more I worked on this... the more the story grew until it became... well... What it is now...

It's not much now, but I can see this definately turning into something... big.

Whatever.

2Foxxie4U's Irrelevant \ Sleep Deprived Productions~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cry Me a River…

It never ceased to amaze him… Just how much your life could change in such little time…

Ezekiel silently watched as the only place he could call home simply went up in flames. Enormous, hungry orange tongues of light licked at everything from the tallest tree to the smallest blade of grass. Everything he had… up in smoke.

He couldn’t exactly tell what it was that brought the tears, usually so hard to coax out from his eyes. Maybe it was the thick, billowing black fog surrounding him that made it even harder to breathe with its sour smell… or maybe it was the realization that this was it. He was alone now with no place to go.

He stared up at the raging fire, tears streaming down his cheeks. Stop it… Stop crying… he told himself. Crying won’t bring them back… Branches crackled and snapped, crashing around him. Crying won’t get your life back…

But he couldn’t stop… He couldn’t move… All he could do was stand there, and watch as all his hopes and dreams… were reduced to ashes.

********************************​

“Hey, kid… KID!”

The boy groaned as an irritatingly bright light was shone into his eyes. “Wakey, wakey…!~” someone sang.

Ezekiel’s sharp, brown eyes slowly fluttered open, and he squinted up at the man standing over him. “Wha… What are YOU doing here…?” he asked in a groggy voice.
    “What am I doing here?! I think the question is what are YOU, ham-for-brains?! You could have been easily killed!”

Ezekiel sat up, brushing the ash out of his hair, and looked around. He was now on a grassy plain right on the outlook on the forest he’d once called his home. It was nothing but a smoldering field of ash and charred tree stumps now. Smoke and ash clogged the air for as far as his eye could see; faint wisps of sunlight were able to filter in here and there, but it didn’t bring any joy to the horrid scene. He sighed. Apparently the man had pulled him out of the fire sometime after he’d passed out… How noble, he thought bitterly.

“Hey… Excuse me? I asked you a question, son!”
    Ezekiel turned and stared pointedly at the man, his eyes piercing.

“… Oh… One of them, huh…?” The old man rolled his eyes, taking out his pipe for a moment to blow out a plume of smoke. “Shoulda known… Okay, fine. You need a ride? I can give you one to the nearest city here, but that’s all I’m gonna do, alright? After that, you’re on your own.”

Ezekiel sighed a little. “I would… appreciate that very much, sir…”
    “Yeah, well…” The man jerked his head in one direction. “Mah truck’s over there. If you promise not to touch anything, I guess I can let you ride inside…”
    “Thank you, sir…”

Ezekiel stared down at his hands during just about the whole bumpy ride through the old dust trail. It was oddly silent; neither of the riders talked.

During one moment of the trip, Ezekiel snatched a tiny glance at the old man driving the even older truck they were riding in. It was obvious he was a bit overweight by the great, sagging belly folding over his lap. He had a greasy brown hat over his head that had obviously not been washed in a while – in fact, it was a mystery to the boy of if brown was really its TRUE color. White whiskers studded his jaw, and he had unkempt gray-ish hair that was in a short, bobby style. His eyes were a vibrant blue color. A smooth, brown pipe danced in his mouth.

Ezekiel quickly looked down again before the man could snap at him for staring.

About 3 hours later, the truck rolled to a stop at the gates of a great fortress. The man glared at Ezekiel. “Get out,” he ordered.

Ezekiel opened the door of the car, and jumped out. He carefully shut the door, and stammered, “Th-Thank y—”

The truck made a sharp U-turn and left the boy coughing in the dust. He squinted through the dust cloud, and tracked the small truck with his eyes until it was nothing more than a dot on the horizon.

He sighed a little, and turned to gaze at the gates huge, towering gates. In cheery, azure letters were the words, “WELCOME TO SAPPHIRE CITY!”

Well, Sapphire City… I guess you’re my home now…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah... Iunno.

*shrugs*

Lord of the Wings,
    ~Leah.