What is your definition of a God?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by daxma, Jul 19, 2010.

1. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

This question is a personal question which i specifically ask you as a person and do not want a definition of God from a book, i want what your concept or definition of God is because it seems that people are always fighting over who's God Exists and even whether God exists but very few people have any real personal concept of what God or A God is, So i ask you KHV, what do you personally feel God or A God is.

Here is my own Definition of what i feel A god is:
    A God people say, is supposed to be an omni-scient being who live's forever and changes the world as he see's fit....this is wrong....A God is one man who choose's to shorten his life for one chance to change the world in one big bang in their end. Other people's concept of God is something that can do that of an extra-ordinary act that a human cannot not do and is of a completely right cause that benefits everyone but this is not the case...When something such as a God has eternal life, eternal memory and is omni-scient then what he can does comes to nothing as what he has done is nothing but within a normal capacity to it, just like as if i was considered a god for sitting watching family guy, waiting for deadliest warrior on Bravo.

Nothing can ever be of a completely right cause that benefits everyone, only a cause which is strong enough within a person to allow them to change the world. A God was said to take shape in the form of jesus but in a sense this is true because with one action that he preformed at an unknown age, sometime in the middle of his life he gave the rest of his life simply to change the world and influence the course of history. Anyone can be a God but it's up to whether you are ready to sacrifice life in order to change the world, they have to be able to sacrifice and hurt to change the world which is the exact contrast of what the most widely accepted conception of God.

This is merely my Definition of what i feel is a God. If you disagree, this is OK because this is just my definition that is personal to me. What's your definition of what you feel God or a God is?

2. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

My definition of a God is anything that is massively intelligent/powerful and unable to die. He/she/it exists outside of the multiverse as a blob of energy that channels other extra-multiversal energy into the multiverse. Being a Christian, this explains many properties of God. For one, energy is eternal, so such a God could exist for eternity without ever dying, only changing forms, possibly from raw energy, to concentrated heat, to sound energy, and back to raw. Second, God was able to put himself into physical form and stick himself on Earth. How? He merely took a piece of his being and placed into the womb of the Virgin Mary. He then used his power to change that energy into physical form.

I don't know why, but I've always loved this view of God. Not really a definition per-say, but it works as one in my eyes.

3. Hexin Hollow Bastion Committee

Well, my view of God is simply put what the bible says he is. When Moses asked God what His name was so that he may give it to the Pharoah, do you know what God replied? "I AM what I AM." Jehovah, Jesus, and etc. God is 3 beings: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They are both equal in power, which is how they make up God; the Holy trinity. The Father gives Jesus the orders, Jesus tells the Holy Spirit the order, and the Holy Spirit acts on it. Listen, all you need to know is that God is God. He Is what He Is.

The reason Jesus is God, is because He was, is, and always will be the living word. God IS the word. That's why the bible says in the new testament, "And so the word became flesh." No one, and I mean no one; not even us, can become a God. If you're willing to sacrifice your life to change the world, then you're at best becoming a hero of some sort. When Jesus sacrificed himself to change the world, he didn't do it for His own glory; although He was glorified through the act. He was crucified because it was His way of showing His love for every generation from his time to the generations to come.

It is written, John 3:16 "God so loved the world that He gave up his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him." It was all an act of Kindness, love, for our salvation. I may sound crazy or whatever, but this is the truth regarding what accord to Jesus and what it meant.

Again, God is made up of The Father, the Son(Jesus), and the Holy Spirit. So yeah, God DID give up His one and only Son. No offense to anyone who may read this; I in no way mean to bash on anyones belief, but this is the truth. The ONLY truth. I'm tired of reading, and hearing people give away all these irrational points of views. If you're so interested in a definition for God, then I suggest you pick up a Holy Bible and start reading. So far, that's the only scripture I've read that explains God in such a deep, profound, intimate way.

Again, no offense. Go ahead and give me a negative rep or w/e if it'll satisfy any offense taken.

4. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

My definition of a God is someone who rules a principal area like a Lord.
    Spiritually, I believe in none and don't have enough imagination to imagine one as hateful as that sounds.

5. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

I don't believe in 'God'. I prefer not to believe in anything. I don't like the idea of being limited to doing/believing what a group of people want me too. I don't swing that way.

There really is no universal definition you can make for God/a god. It's not quite possible.

6. TheVader74 Gummi Ship Junkie

I want to make this clear from the outset that I do not say this to offend anyone. I am saying this to put forward my own view.

My view of "God" is of a phantom, an apparition, a conjuration of the human mind, or at least a human mind if not a collective. People could not come to terms with a lack of an explanation of their being, or a lack of collective purpose. If they could not understand the way the universe came about, then they would create one themselves. This almighty creator and ruler of that is, was and will be, this "God". People created an answer the could understand in the form of a creator, with absolute power over any and all things on the Earth. This was what they wanted to be, they created a purpose, or an aspiration for themselves and humankind. However, these scattered beliefs of personal "Gods would cause friction between humans, wherein the Bible comes in to define what God is supposed to be (albeit in a way that is still left up to interpretation).

In the end, that's all that God ever was to begin with; an unquestionable answer to an unanswerable question. Tht view has since developed and evolved with culture and society, creating various memetic legacies that can and have created stigmas in our ways of life (Advent Children parrellels unintended), such as homosexuality, to take one example. The acceptance of an answer has become a full-grown way to live your life, at least the way that I see it. I don't know the way religion began, nobody does, but this is how I can see it from a somewhat educated psychological standpoint.

I can't speak for most other religions, as I have only really studied Christianity in depth, so I speak here referring to the popular Christian interpretation of "God"

7. 9Kairi9hearts Twilight Town Denizen

Discaimer: I do not mean to offend anyone by this, it is only my veiws on the subject.

My veiw on god.

God is a supernatural being that human minds could never hope to understand. God has no real physical embodiment here in our universe, yet somehow can edit the way things happen here. I personaly belive that there is only one of god, but that this one god can be doing an infinite number of things at once. I belive that this god fules reality through many things. But god cannot be proven, for he can't be measured, because he doesn't physicaly exist in our universe.

If you think about the different laws of physics, the different natural forces. There seems to be no reason why gravity exists, why things that have no physical or energy contact seem to always attract eachother. I belive that Gravity is god.

If you look at the structure of an atom, the atom itself is matter, it takes up volume and it has mass, but if you take the different peices of an atom apart, then they are not matter, they are missing volume or mass. And the energy holding them together, postive attracting negative, why does that happen, if positive didn't atrract negative, then the entire universe would not have one bit of matter in it. That, I belive, is god.

There are many more things that I could do this with, if I had more time to look at things like this, but there are plenty of inconsitencies in our universe, I belive that what keeps things like gravity, inertia, and opposites attracting working is god.

Here is a little thing that is related to this subject, it is about how our minds work, it is a very simple test, all you need to do is show the first spoiler, look at it for only three seconds, then show the next spoiler, after that, the third spoiler will explain what happened, don't show the third one before the first and second ones, it will ruin the test.
    (this test will work on anyone exept for children, if you are old enough to be on this site, then it will probably work for you)
    F _ _ K

S _ _ T

A _ S

F O R K

S A L T

A B S

Now what did you see in the first spoiler? I'm guessing that most, if not all, of you saw vulgar words. When in reality, what was hidding behind those underscores were perfectly normal words, (and often used ones at that)

Forks, if you don't know what one is, are commonly used eating utensils.

Salt is an extreamly common seasoning, present in almost all meals.

Abs is a common term for the muscles in your abdominal region, I am sure that all of you have seen at least one commercial where a fittness machine of some sort is supposed to be great for your 'abs'

All of these things are commonly used words, but everyone who knows what the vulgar words are, will most likely see them in this test.

(this test was in a slide-show at my church, everyone in the church service had the same result on the test, even the pastor)
    You can use this test on almost anyone, exept for young children who don't know the words implied above, in any enviroment, a comfortable home, a doctors office, a church, your school, that will not change your results on this test, (though, you can't take it again, as it won't work if you are expecting it)

8. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

A god, is the best we can be, in either our capacity to think, do or believe. It is the thought of the best, and something to aim at.
    But a god, whether omnipotent or small in power, is still 'human' in that they are vunerable and weak too. And maybe that's why we are imperfect, because they are too. But being imperfect isn't always a hinderance. It gives us aim, and reason.
    A God is what we want them to be. What we need them to be.

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

What is God? God Is.

I don't think of God as a person. Frankly, I find that ridiculous. Nor do I think of God as good. These things are too binding, too simple. They are constructs of a mind within life trying to explain it, define it, justify it. It's all so juvenile in the face of life itself.

God is a concept, not an item; if God is anyone thing, It is all things. The farthest extremities of love and fear, hate and sadness, happiness and joy; the greatest lengths to which one will go. The highest mountain heights; the lowest lows of the ocean. The vast, unseen cosmos; the smallest house fly buzzing about one's ear.

God is everything; all that is so is God. And that goes beyond what we understand and what we can explain or quantify. If life is, God is life; if death is, God is death. If reality is, God is reality; if illusion is, God is illusion. God is not bound; It is the bond. God is not explained; It is the explanation. God is anything and everything.

More importantly, God Is. This does not need to be proven or explained or justified. We Are; thus God Is. There is no other option. What Is cannot Be if we Aren't, for each of us Is. At the very least, I know for certain that I Am, and that is enough to know that God Is.

I leave you to interpret this. I put it in the simplest terms that came to me, but I've no doubt it's still very confusing; I really can't help that. All I know is that I understand it.