Video Warp L. Obscura Vids

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by WarpObscura, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

2. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

Well. It has been a week and I have seen threads bumped for less, so this is fair game I suppose.

3. Darkandroid Gets it Together

*Downloads*

Review will be up later

4. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

Thank you for your kind consideration. I humbly await your assessment.

5. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Review is here:

I must say i really like the song, it's insane (makes me consider using it one day) Though maybe it doesn't quite fit with Kingdom Hearts overly greatly, but it worked ok. Timing i found to be a big issse, there were thousands of timing oppporunities, if timed to the extreme can make on absolute kick *** video. When you changed clips it was timed to beats and lyrics which was good, but it would of been nice to of seen it more often. you dragged out alot of scenes like that KH1 fight scene you used against Neo Heartless, it's not the best thing to watch in an AMV one scene dragged out for a massive amount of time. And in a song like that, you would probably change scenes every second or 2. Choice of clips was good, it fitted the music rather well, use of gameplay footage worked well with the video.

Overall it wasn't bad, but in a song like that you need to time way way more.

5.1/10

6. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

Alright, thank you for your advice. In the original video it was done in this style, hence the "a style tribute" in the title, but I should think about making my own take on Phoenix someday and take your advice on it.

7. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

8. Darkandroid Gets it Together

I liked the slow beginning everything fitted well with the music. Can't really complain much about it, expect maybe the odd scene was dragged out a bit too much. But when it came to be big guitar riffs, I felt it was lacking. It would be a great place to have a intense action scene, but instead you had a guy getting up and walking. Not the most suited scene for the music. But your lyrical connection was very good, like when the song said falling you had a person falling. But I felt your timing was lacking especially in action scenes, it wouldn't of been an issue for a slower song, but for Devils Never Cry, it needed much more. Song choice was pretty good seemed to fit the Anime. And scene selection for the most part was good it was just those action parts, there needs to be more going on.

But overall pretty good, you just need to improve your timing, your connection to the lyrics and story is very good. But you get the average viewers attention you need improve the timing, get them interested more.

7.4/10

9. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

... Beg pardon? As in? Please clarify, I do not quite get your intention.

So, you mean to say use the guitar riff portions for action, fights, that sort of thing?

I am afraid to say that this bit confuses me, but it does.

10. Darkandroid Gets it Together

1.) I mean to say the odd scene seemed to last to long for me

2.) Pretty much yes

3.) This is mainly due to an opinion, but timing can be a way to get the viewers attention of the video, like for example, if someone has shown one scene from KH2 for like 30 seconds, it's not very interesting, compared to a video that his hitting all the beats. Not saying the timing in your was bad, cos it wasn't. I just feel it needs to be a bit better.

11. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

Ah, I understand better now. Thank you for the clarification. I will take that into consideration for future works.

12. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

It'd be easier if you put it on Youtube or something, Warp.

13. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

Which one of them to upload?

14. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Any of them really. Just that I can't be bothered normally to download AMV's if I want to watch them. Besides, I think most of the time you attract more attention on your AMV's if you post them on Youtube or the Video Portal.

15. WarpObscura Traverse Town Homebody

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.