Keep all of your fan fiction updates/chapters in ONE thread!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Inasuma, May 29, 2007.

1. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Read the title. Guys, stop making fifty million threads for your fan fiction chapters. It bumps others' FF's down, and it's resulted in a few complaints. If you have an on going fan fiction with 2+ chapters, keep them in one thread. You are allowed to bump your thread if you are updating with a new chapter.

Keep them in one thread only. Failure to comply will result in a warning. No if's, and's, or but's. From here on out, stop doing it.

This doesn't mean you can't make fan fictions and post them, also. You can make your fan fictions, just stop making so many threads with 'chapter 1' or 'chapter 23', etc...again, it's very annoying. Threads get lost and it makes members upset. This is one of the reasons I don't post my fan fictions/stories here anymore. xD

Happy posting~!

2. Roxas OG

Yes, like me!

Ha, I win for being one step ahead!

3. Inasuma "pumpkin"

And Soushi.....

4. Soushirei 運命の欠片

I believe I started that trend.

Then it became a rule.

Thanks for making a sticky about this. I've grown somewhat fed up with telling members about it--not to mention there was a sticky about it before, but it was removed so I couldn't really reference it as of late.

5. Roxas OG

Wrong.

KH-Vids Royale was first, buddy ;).

6. Crispers Beep Boop

finally.
    this was becoming a problem.
    thats y i dont read them much.
    because i get so lost if i have to catch up.. D:

7. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

Crap... I wish I could move all of my old ones into one thread... >.>;

--EDIT--

THANK YOU, MIIISH! XD

8. N Hollow Bastion Committee

How can you bump them into one thread???

9. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

Ask a mod nicely. =3

They are LIFESAVERS!

10. Nanaki Broken in six places

Okay! Just three questions:

1: If we have started a story in seperate threads per chapter, do we put that in one thread?

2: Are we allowed to have one thread that shows the links to all of our stories, without posting all the stories and chapters all over the place in it?

3: Can we have seperate threads for seperate stories? Or do we have just one thread for them all?

11. Axel's#1fangirl Kingdom Keeper

Ok, I will NEVER do that again! :D Thanks for the sticky! :D

Oh, and a quick question:

This summer I'm writing this BIG story, and of course ima put the chapters all in one thread, but I have two other parts to it. Would it be ok if I made three separate threads, but only updated on the same threads? That way, there'd ONLY be three threads.

It'd be like having three fanfics going on at the same time, but I'd only update on those three threads. No more would be made.

Would that be ok?

'Cause if its not, I can think of something else...hopefully...

12. Soushirei 運命の欠片

The original rule was ONE thread per FIC.

Therefore, if you have sequels, they should be allowed their own thread, however ever proceding chapter should be in that same thread for that particular fic.

If your chapters are scattered at this point, I suggest you ask a mod to merge them for you. Giving them the links to each chapter will help as well--make their job easier.

13. Axel's#1fangirl Kingdom Keeper

Thanks! :D Yay, I'm gald I don't have to change the format :D

Naw, someone named...Mish I think put my chapters into one thread.

So, thanks Mish! :D *gives you a cookie*

14. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

Mish is teh BEST! XDDDDD

She did that for me, too! ^-^

15. Nanaki Broken in six places

MEGA EDIT: OHHH!!! I'VE GOT IT!!! Okay, I know what I'll do!! I'll continue my stories!! *Runs off*

16. OmnicientKH Merlin's Housekeeper

AU fanfiction

I have a question and I dfon't know if this is the right thread, but I can't find one with this as a asubject. When it comes to fanfiction, can the fics be AU? (alternate universe if you don't know) Because I haven't seen any of those, and I was wondering it it was against the rules to post AU fics

17. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

What do you mean by Alternate Universe? Like a "What if..." story. Cuz I think those are allowed.

18. Arc Kingdom Keeper

Fan fiction does NOT have to be based of the cannon story, it can be anything, be it crossovers (naruto/DBZ for example) so yes, AU stories are more than welcome in the section. I suggest though, stating that it is AU and not cannon in the title though.

19. Soushirei 運命の欠片

It's considered fanfiction if you're using settings and/or characters that you didn't create. That's when it goes from original to fan works. It doesn't matter if you write an AU fic of Sasuke and Sakura from Naruto meeting for the first time in a desert in a completely different universe with completely different histories and back stories where they're not ninjas but merchant travelers and in the end save the world from a giant mutated Octopus that can piss radioactive uranium from its eyes. If you take a character that you didn't create (but rather, you *changed* the character completely), it's still fanfiction.

AU fics are generally harder to write because a lot of backstory info is required to fill in missing gaps, and quite frankly, if you write fanfiction, you have to be consider yourself a 'little' lazy. Of course, you could take the story of KH2 and rewrite the entire story and that would be considered AU as well despite you being in the same setting, having the same villains, same worlds and same characters and their personalities, but I'd say no one really tried it because it'd just be boring.

And it's 'canon'. XD

20. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Aww man! You stole my Naruto AU fic idea. :( But okay. I understand what AU means now. Now to post my BBS fic!