New Interview + HQ Images: Kingdom Hearts Coded

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey eveyrone, Famitsu has updated their site featuring a new interview on Kingdom Hearts Coded, 358/2, and BBS! Here's translation for Coded. The Interview is with both Tetsuya Nomura, Director of Kingdom Hearts, and Hajime Tabata, Director of Final Fantasy Agito XIII

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Interview: Whereabouts do you believe the quality of the cellphone game will be? Will it be the same as the other two games?

Hajime: We plan on getting the game in par with Final Fantasy Agito XIII, however that's still being thought on.

Interviewer: What is the concept of this game?

Nomura: I wanted to make this like a playground for fans. Like Disneyland where there are many attractions for people. I wish to do the same, but with content instead.

Hajime: Actually to start it off, Nomura was drunk at midnight (oh god) and began to explain the idea, with the help of the whiteboard and it's contents for the mobile phone. There was a lot of planning going on for that midnight.

Nomura: It wasn't even thought about being part of the Kingdom Hearts series then, however whenever there's a plan for the game it's best to start from story.

Hajime: At first the plan seemed terrible, but at the same time interesting, after all Kingdom Hearts is special.

Nomura: We thought about various elements, that could be added into the story, to help extend the game. Such as in Before Crisis FFVII, and Monotone there was a new battle system, as well as chapters to help work the system, and the game. We might make it the same for Kingdom Hearts Coded

Interviewer: Is there big plans for this game? Since the setting of it takes place after Kingdom Hearts II.

Nomura: Yes, however I should point out that Sora from Kingdom Hearts, is only appearing in those clothes because of the Jiminy Journal is taking data from the very beginning. Therefore the Sora is not the original, but a data copy. The memory is also erased from Sora, and he has to go through his adventures again to solve the mystery of the Data bugs.

Interviewer: Then this means they can enjoy adventuring with Sora, without worrying about a change in personality from the original Sora. Will there be a developing story in the real world too?

Nomura: At first I wasn't sure, but I believe events in the real world will be talked about as well. There is also a story in development about the real world as well, which will be done for the user.

Interviewer: There was an adventure in Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, in the Kingdom Hearts series, will the Data World be following Kingdom Hearts series as well?

Nomura: Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, was created to relive the worlds created by Sora's Memory. This game differs from Chain of Memories, as ther will be a brand new story, since the bug has corrupted the data. Questions will be answered to, such as where the King had gone, and also what Riku has been doing.

Interviewer: In the Jiminy Journal it's said "We must return to free them from their Torment" who is 'Them'? Are they characters we've seen before in previous Kingdom Hearts games.

NomuraI can not tell you now. Actually it's not even possible to really explain it yet as it is about the true enemy of the game. Even though there are heartless in the game that are made out of data, they are not the real cause.

Interviewer: How does the battle work?

Hajime: Kingdom Hearts series button layout makes it simple to recreate it for the cellphone, and it will have that same combat feel, however at the same time I will be putting in new elements. One example is the "Debugging Mode" which was created to eliminate the bug.

Interviewer: Will you be using any other elements that might make use of the telecomunication facility?

Hajime: I will, such as being able to go in the world of the player. What I mean is that, it's possible to intefere with other players, as they all share the world together. An example being that if there is trouble in the world of Player B, I can go there and help them solve the bug, and then return to the world of Player A.

Interviewer:The invasion do the bug is one thing, where there be other problems within the game?

Hajime: It is likely to be the first aspect of the problem, and is also one of the concepts of the game. there may be other problems as well, but you'll have to wait to find out what they are.

Interviewer: Will anyone be able to enjoy this?

Hajime: The Kingdom Hearts series became a game for people who played the series before can understand the next one. I believe people who haven't even touched Kingdom Hearts can play this game for the first time, and enjoy it.

Nomura: I will be preparing the playground for people to enjoy the game. I think everyone should look forward to the day it opens. (Laughs)

Source: Famitsu and 2ch

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Rick
      Rick
      interesting! i'm waiting for the other two!
    2. Vex123
      Vex123
      wow! coded is getting more and more interesting by the update!
    3. Ukir
      Ukir
      thanks for the info.
      sounds very interesting.
    4. RoxasXIIIX
      RoxasXIIIX
      WIll you translate the BS interview?
    5. La Sofa
      La Sofa
      This sweet! This was some juicy info! :D
    6. DjC
      DjC
      wow my birth day keeps getting better and better! i cant wait for the bbs and 358/2 days interviews!

hope xaldin posts them soon
    7. Darkcloud
      Darkcloud
      Looks promising. Keep us posted and thanks!
    8. sora32477
      sora32477
      I am so sad because I wont be able to get ir since it is on a cell phone.
    9. C
      C
      I still don't know why a mobile game has that good graphics...
    10. DjC
      DjC
      WTF! wheres the bbs interview!?
    11. L337 kybldmstr
      L337 kybldmstr
      Wha- Nomura? Drunk? Kingdom Hearts coded? Then that means this game's gonna be . . . FREAKING AWESOME!!! (didn't you know the best ideas come from being drunk/stoned/on drugs?)
    12. Speyeker
      Speyeker
      A shoddy translation, but interesting info nonetheless.

Still, it really does seem like this game is just like Chain of Memories, in that you're just reliving the events of past games in the series, but with a new overlying story (similar to Mega Man Xtreme and Mega Man Xtreme 2).
    13. Eternal Session
      Eternal Session
      thanks for the info..
      finally i know something about this game..
    14. Mr. Pumpkin
      Mr. Pumpkin
      it sounds interesting and i hope these new mobiles come out in the US and Europe.

thanks ^.^
    15. Shadows Of Oblivion
      Shadows Of Oblivion
      Woah! Awesome info... I am DEFINITELY getting this if it comes to Australia! Kinda makes you wonder what exactly the true enemy is... But anyway, keep up the good work, Xaldin!
    16. CheeseandChicken
      CheeseandChicken
      Whoa!

WOW! This looks like a sweet game... I can't wait! To bad I don't have a DS or a PSP or the other system it's on.... NO! :yelling: ROAR! :censor2: Sorry about that.
    17. the muffin man
      the muffin man
      Yeah,i was wondering about that too...But they also said that they'll have it in 2d not just 3d.
    18. Poki#3
      Poki#3
      To be precise it's 2d character sprites in a 3d environment. So it's a step further then Chain of Memories. And all the cutscenes are most likely movies that where pre-rendered on some other computer.
    19. the muffin man
      the muffin man
      Oh cool.Thnx for correcting me!XD