The Dreaded Block

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Yukai, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Yukai Traverse Town Homebody

The Dreaded Block
    Something totally not based on a true story that's completely random...

-------​

Now, I'm sure you all have experienced the "phenomenon involving temporary loss of ability to begin or continue writing, usually due to lack of inspiration or creativity", as worded by Wikipedia, of course. Well, who cares about that! I certainly don't believe Wikipedia on that part. I'm really going to tell you the story of how it came about.

In the olden days, when people thought the world was flat, people used feet to measure things... I mean actual feet. Not that silly thing called a ruler. Whoever invented the "ruler" should have called it the "straight-edge-thingy-ma-bobber". Who wants to measure things with the leader of a monarchy or some other nonsense? Seriously? Ahem, anyway...

There lived a lady named Carta Riter. She was a linguist who enjoyed creating new words for people to use. However, no one thought that they were extremely useful.

Everyday, when she was walking through the market, people would throw random vegetables and other produce, as well as small, round metal objects yelling such things as "rawrz u suckzorz", "i lyke bacon asfthelask!" and of course, the classic "ur mom!". Why small, round metal objects? I have no idea. I would have rather called them pennies, but pennies didn't exist back then. So, small, round metal objects it is.

As Carta went through the market, she gathered up as many of those small, round metal objects in her basket and took them home. Soon, she had gathered up enough to initiate her diabolical plan.

On a fine, perfectly normal, not rainy, Monday, Carta melted down those small, round metal objects and fashioned the hot, molten metal into the shape of a brick from the king's castle... but a tad thinner. More like... Uhh... Oh, forget it.

Upon the completion of her creation, she placed a curse on future linguists and grammar related persona's to suffer that same creative suppression that she felt back then...

Now, in present day, Makino Yukai was writing an epic compilation on how the changes in the life of a particular antagonist from a novel had came about to assist her in her journey of inner peace. In other words, a boring school essay. Using a simple ballpoint pen, the little asian girl quickly scrawled the words down on the page in her messy, cursive handwriting. Now, because she had loud Japanese music filling the confines of her room, she wasn't able to hear the ring of the doorbell. So, she was called down to the front door herself by her mother, whose name shall not be mentioned in this article.

Upon opening the door, Yukai was met with a package that was about the size of her desk (which is actually really big) addressed to her. Surprisingly, it was light enough to pull in through the door frame and into the office, which was actually supposed to be the living room. However, since the installation of the sun room just 8 feet away, the family had moved their living area.

Yukai, curious as to what the contents of this mysterious cardboard box, immediately grabbed the ladder from the kitchen and opened the box as fast as she could.

You may think that she used the ladder to climb up the box, however, this is incorrect. She actually drove the ladder in the side and ripped open a hole large enough for her to mutilate the paper that was layered with more paper (because that is what cardboard is).

The overly-caffeinated teen dug through the mounds of foam and sealed air to find a small black cube that was about the size of a soda can... only more square. She tried to comprehend why such a small object was inside such a large box (and with lots of fluffy foam) but failed in doing so and turned the small cube. Finding some type of writing on one of it's 6 sides, she stared at it for a good 10 minutes before realizing what she was holding...

"NOOOOOOOO!!! IT CAN'T BE!", she cried.

Scrawled on the top was "THE WRITER'S BLOCK" in silver lettering, the "W", being horribly painted on with some cheap alternative that she didn't feel like identifying. Her mind, once filled with creative and inspiring ideas was now a blank slate. The girl was unable to recall anything that she was thinking a moment ago.

As she returned to her desk with the object, she hung her head and mumbled, "Curse you, Writer's Block."

Looking up at her essay, then to her computer screen, she shoved the paper into her bag and grabbed the wireless keyboard that was sitting on the floor.

"I wonder what's up at KHV.", she asked herself and began to press the buttons with the Latin text printed upon the plastic.

And that is how that "phenomenon involving temporary loss of ability to begin or continue writing, usually due to lack of inspiration or creativity" (as worded by Wikipedia) came about. Now, I must find out why I really can't write this blasted essay properly... =.=;;;

The End

-------​

He he... Random creative spark. Yeah. I managed to finish my essay if anyone is curious.

2. Destined Working for WDW

hahaha that is awesome hahaha i've never heard a story about writers block like this kudos, kudos.

3. cronoking Chaser

This story totally rocks Yukai xD. I loved the 'The overly-caffeinated teen dug through the mounds of foam and sealed air' part x3. I cant wait to read more =D

4. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    LOL! So funny...XD

Great job. Good thing you managed to finish your essay. I love the style you write in. Nice job.

5. Yukai Traverse Town Homebody

How do I ever come up with these things...

Caffine ftw!

XD

I only write in that style for comedy or random stuff... For other stories, it's completely different.

Thanks for the comments guys =] Makes me feel all bubbly knowing that people like my writing X3

6. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    Well it is a great style of comedy indeed, you're wonderful.

7. Yukai Traverse Town Homebody

Thanks.

[​IMG]

Lulz. "The Dreaded Block... OF DOOM!" Drawing X3

Eh... Maybe I'll do an actual fanfic next time. I dunno o_o