(Updated) Even more 358/2 Day Info

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone, though there's still no new scans yet, there are definitely some small bits of new information on what we can expect in Kingdom Hearts. Here's a brief summary of the interview.

- The scenes in KH2FM+ featuring Roxas and Axel have now been done in full work detail.
    - Roxas will be having a few different forms, such as Sora did when entering Disney Worlds.
    - The story of the game will not be entirely understandable for those that do not have the game, however they won't enjoy it as much.
    - Other characters will be appearing there as well, including various Disney Characters.
    - However most of the conversations in this game will be revolving around Roxas.
    - Those who played Kingdom Hearts II should understand the story even more, and may even understand why this game was put onto the DS.
    - The 14th Member is a female who has influenced Roxas in his future actions, however she is too much of an important character in the story to talk about.
    - In the event scenes, there will be a little movie, there also may be an opening movie to the game.
    - The voice is becoming a issue with capacity but I am trying to find various ways to compress it into the game.
    - During this we are re-doing the cutscenes of 358/2 Days as well, this is because on the DS there is a weak design to the data and for every update to the hardware we push 358/2 Days further.
    - Even though we have a low capacity problem Nintendo has made it far, even their Rom capacity is going up!....Slowly (laughs)
    - The order of Single Player to summarize it up is "Go to mission, Clear Mission, Return to HQ, Prepare for next mission, go to next mission." There are also small mini events you can do such as after beating a mission join Axel for some Sea Salt Icecream.
    - Missions that are beaten in Single Player can be played in Multiplayer mode.

Updated

Functions and Restrictions of KH on the DS
    - There were many thoughts about making the game, before moving it to the DS.
    - One of the thoughts was the capacity of the game, while the other one focused more on.
    - The second thought was more on the use of the double screen, and the touchpen.
    - When the story of the game was told, everyone was really interested in it, and wanted to work on it right away and deserved special production.
    - The main problem of putting it onto the DS was the fact that the polygons of the characters dropped, although we tried our best to keep the cutscenes at least to the feel of the KH series. We are currently trying to fix the polygons for the gameplay to make it as smooth as possible.
    - A chat option is added into the multiplayer mode, allowing other players to chat with each other.

Button Operations
    - Nomura believes that the KH series feel of combat has kept that feel in 358/2 Days.
    - He still will not utilize the touchpen in terms of gameplay.
    - The buttons in the demo at JF have been re-arranged.
    - Because this time the game will not be able to use an analog stick it doesn't really fill like the main stream of the KH series to begin with, although we are aiming to get the best feel we can give for a KH game.
    - The only complaints about the game given was the having to use the cross pad buttons instead of the Analog stick.
    - We adjusted it though, and added a bit of connection between speed, combo and other actions during gameplay.
    - The LM gauge is used as co-operation techniques as well as very dangerously powerful attacks.
    - The Organization members in 358/2 Days in Multiplayer Mode will have moves from the original KH2, however due to restrictions we might not be able to have all their moves in there.
    - Originally the chairs moved up or down when failing or succeeding a mission, we might change that a bit.

Souce: Light in the Chaos

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, Jan 22, 2008.

1. kngdmhrts2
      kngdmhrts2
      yay for even more new info!!

wish they would hurry up and reveal who the 14th member is....
    2. Tikem
      Tikem
      Great work Xaldin! This is exactly why you are my favourite Admin!
    3. EvilMan_89
      EvilMan_89
      this game sounds better and better but Birth By Sleep still FTW
    4. Darkened-Skys
      Darkened-Skys
      Thanks for the new info.

The 14th member is so gonna be Aqua's nobody... I mean with that scene from Final Mix+, she has to have something to do with the orgianization. Yeah, that's my guess at who it is.
    5. Xuan
      Xuan
      They won't, its too important to reveal, only when the game is out will we know who this person is.
    6. Lulus_Moogle
      Lulus_Moogle
      WOW! I CAN'T wait!! Thanks for the info Xaldin!!
    7. Rockin Roxas
      Rockin Roxas
      Roxas will different forms! cool!
    8. Zeftnon - The Superior
      Zeftnon - The Superior
      Alright, for me, it's official: I'm looking forward the most to gameplay features in 358/2 Days and story in BBS.
    9. AntiWeapon
      AntiWeapon
      Watch the 14th member be exactly like Roxas who we only found out his name like a week before the game came out. XD

And his face like a month before. XD
    10. Paopu
      Paopu
      So there's an actual reason as to why it's on the DS? Maybe there's a good reason why BBS is on the PSP too?

Well, nonetheless, I'm looking forward to the release date of Days. Would be for BBS but I don't have a PSP... I don't want to buy one for one game only, lol.
    11. Finalmaster2
      Finalmaster2
      I think that this game (358/2 Days) is going to DS because of the multiplayer-system. PSP might not support it (I'm not sure about this since I don't own PSP) or it's too hard to put the game to PSP. As Nomura said about KH Birth by Sleep, it's hard to put it to this platform since the screen is so small and they have to shrink everything to get it working.

Also the DS might be good because of the pencil. You can use the pencil to do special stuffs with it which in this case might be like special Reaction Commands etc. Or maybe you can throw your e.g. Keyblade towards to a Heartless group and control the Keyblades movement in air (like Strike from KH I but with controllable movement).

And about the 14th member; I don't think that it is anyone from KH BBS. It won't be Aquas Nobody as someone said, it would be too revealing. Also, Nomura doesn't make plots that easy that you could just guess who it is. Remember how people thought that KH II & KH II FM+'s Secret Ending's characters were Sora, Riku and Kairi and they weren't? This is the same thing. 14th member isn't Naminé either since she is the so called memory-wizard of Organization XIII. It isn't either Selphie, Yuna, Paine, Aeris, Yuffie, Tifa or ANYONE ELSE FROM THE EXISTING CHARACTERS! I'm yelling this because some people still think that it might be someone from existing characters which she is not.

Most logical MIGHT be that it is Selphies Nobody but we must remember that this happened BETWEEN the year when Sora was in slumber so Selphie & company had already returned to the Destiny Islands. We also saw how Kairi was spending time with Selphie when Sora was waking up from his slumber. Why I thought it'd be Selphie? This is because she was missing once Sora got out of the DI and I think she lost her heart to the darkness. BUT IT IS NOT SELPHIES NOBODY!

We'll see it through time. There is no need for being hypothepical since we can't most likely guess it correct anyways. It's just like some morons think that Sephiroth is Rikus Nobody even though Riku never lost his heart to the darkness, he lost himself, not his heart. No one from the Final Fantasy-series has anything to do with anyones Nobodies. FF is FF and KH is KH.
    12. FantasyHearts
      FantasyHearts

Im rely looking forward to this game...the other two games dont look too good, the mobile one looks rubbish the birth by sleep onelooks alrite but......this one looks AWSOME. I luv the org, especially Axel :3 lol.

anyaway xaldin ur amazin and always get the best info.
    13. stripy4
      stripy4
      Thanks for the info!!

I'm looking forward to 358/2 most out of all of the games! And it's the only one I have the consle for! XD
    14. Luka
      Luka
      Damn That's cool =D
    15. exile0025
      exile0025
      roxas having different forms,cool
      14th Member,whow
      this is going to be interesting
    16. morris1113
      morris1113
      im more interested in seeing how the multiplayer will work out
    17. Lazzchan
      Lazzchan
      Awesome, thanks for the updated info on the game!
    18. Suzume
      Suzume
      Hmm. Roxas with multiple forms...

All right, I admit it - I really want to see him as a lion cub. :xp:

Personally, I'm thinking that the 14th will be a new character. I can't say for sure if she's Aqua or not, but judging from the information we have now I'd say it's not very likely. Possbile, but I don't think Nomura would make it that easy.

The PSP does have some multiplayer options, but not as many as the DS. At least, that's what my research tells me. I could be wrong. I'd prefer it if 358/2 Days was for the PSP purely because it has better graphics capabilities and we would get more voice acting because there's more space. But if Nomura says he wants it on the DS...well, I'm sure he has his reasons.
    19. Unmei
      Unmei
      the only reason i don't think 14 is Aqua is because Aqua would probably be too old. from the scans we've seen, 14 looks to be somewhere between 14 and 18. Aqua looks like she's maybe 19 or 20, possibly older. plus, Nomura wouldn't use a character that he's using in another upcoming game. that would make us figure out the story for BBS too quickly.