Kingdom Hearts: Heart of a Demon

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Paladin12345678, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Paladin12345678 Twilight Town Denizen

Rated PG-13 for blood and infrequent coarse language.

Prologue from the place opposite where god lives :)

The ship lazily drifted across the vast space filled with bright stars, each one signifying hundreds of lives.
    "It's so beautiful." Kairi said in awe, her nose pressed flat on the glass of the cockpit.
    "Yeah, to think this might have all been lost." Sora agreed, swinging on the swivel chair up front.
    Riku leaned back on his, feet up on the pilot console, "Sora, you are meant to be driving this thing, right?"
    Riku and Kairi laughed as Sora's eyes opened wide and he jolted to the controls as if he just had a siezure. He quickly scanned the console to see the green Autopilot symbol lit up. He glared daggers at the chuckling Riku.
    "Your face..." Riku trailed off and Sora turned off the autopilot, grumbling under his breath. He turned the ship to the right, but froze when it moved left.
    "Uh, is the autopilot still on?" Sora asked.
    "You just turned it off." Riku confirmed. Kairi stared out to the ship's destination.
    "Look!" The two teenagers leapt from their seats and pressed their faces to the glass. They were headed to a new world. It wasn't a world they'd ever seen before. The world at first seemed entirely water, which prompted Sora to think of Atlantica or Neverland, but soon an island came into view. At one end was a port town, with some sort of path winding up to a castle in snowy mountaintops, a lush green jungle and a threatening stone fortress. The ship picked up speed and Kairi hastily buckled herself in.
    "This is going to be a bumpy landing!" Sora called as he and Riku strapped themselves in. There was heat, a flash of light, and darkness.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Nero sprinted through the streets of Fortuna town, his unbound left arm pumping. He slowed and stopped as he spotted the opera house and panted for breath. As he pondered whether the recital had started yet, a cloud of darkness sped along at ground level and filled a heap of sacks on the road in front of him. Nero wacthed with cool detatchment as a crowd of Scarecrows formed in front of him. He looked puzzled as a cloud of darkness denser and blacker than the rest formed in front of him. It wasn't possessing a sack, like a regular Scarecrow. It was a Scarecrow with black skin and luminous yellow eyes. It carried two curved black blades and bore a strange symbol on its chest. it looked like a heart sectioned into quarters by thorns.
    Nero sprinted at the new demon and leapt, his boot slamming into its face and knocking it through the crowd of scarecrows. He dodged a scything blade and ripped the offending weapon from the possessed sack that housed it. Nero sliced through the scarecrows like butter until all that remained was the new black Scarecrow. Nero narrowed his eyes and stared down the demon.
    "If you'll excuse me, I'm late for an appointment." Nero threw down the unwieldy executioner's blade he'd stolen and shot the demon through the head with Blue Rose. The dual 45. bullets ripped its head to shreds. Nero set off running again, not noticing the crystalized, rose-coloured heart float into the air and dissipate.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Sora came to his senses, the darkness in his vision retreating. He was in the wreckage of the ship, torn from his seat and flung away, luckily not hitting the windshield. He stood and scanned the crash site. He sighed in relief as he spotted the soot-and-grime-stained Riku help Kairi to her feet.
    "Well guys, I guess our little holiday took an unexpected turn." Sora laced his fingers together behind his head, as was his habit.
    "Let's look around, try and find some people. We'll see what's wrong with this world and hopefully get our ship fixed." Kairi suddenly turned and looked up, "Hey, look!"
    The trio looked and spotted a rose-coloured heart dissipate.
    "Heartless!" Sora said, always jumping on a chance to state the obvious.
    "Looks like someone here knows how to fight." remarked Riku, stating the slightly-less-obvious.
    The three set off to where the heart had flown up, and saw a blue figure enter the huge, ornate building in the distance.
    "I recognize that smell," Riku muttered so no one could hear him, "Like darkness. But different. It's that guy who killed the heartless."
    Nero sat back on the bench, headphones around his neck. Kyrie sat next to him and kept glancing away from the preaching Sanctus to the long, thin, blue package she held. The fact that Nero was studiously ignoring it only affirmed her belief that it was from him.
    "Now, let us pray." finished Sanctus and clasped his hands. Every hooded figure in the opera house clasped their hands and bowed their heads. All, that is, save Nero, Kyrie's brother Credo and the knights that lined the walls of the grand room.
    Nero stood up.
    "Nero, it's not over yet." Kyrie insisted, pulling his pant leg. Credo glared in Nero's direction.
    "All this preaching's putting me to sleep." Nero countered, turning to leave. As Kyrie stood to persuade him further, Nero froze. Beneath the cloth of the sling, his right arm glowed. He and Kyrie looked to the skylight just as three teenagers burst in through the doors.
    A silver'haired man in a red leather coat fell through the air and landed crouched on Sanctus' podium amid falling glass shards. The huge sword on his back gleamed in the sunlight. There was a second of utter stillness as he looked up into Sanctus' eyes.
    And shot him.
    The three teenagers watched in frozen horror as the man stood slowly, glancing up at the massive, sword-wielding statue behind Sanctus and turned. There was a spray of blood on his cheek.
    "Your Holiness!" Yelled Credo. He drew his sword and the ringing of a dozen others followed closely. The knights charged the man in red and he drew his sword.
    The crowd of people who had been seated on the benches began screaming and raced for the exits. Nero grabbed Kyrie's hand and pulled her away. Kyrie looked back as the package fell from her hands and was trodden on by a fleeing churchgoer. Nero could only watch helplessly as the man in red decimated the knights, moving with fluid grace beyond that of a human. Kyrie squeezed her eyes shut as the man in red impaled a knight and beat three others with the unfortunate knight still on the blade. Credo crouched at tjhe body of Sanctus.
    "No!" the wound was deep. The bullet had gone straight through. Kyrie broke out of Nero's grip and raced to Credo. The body of a knight glanced her shoulder and she slammed into the hard marble floor. She looked up in fear to see the backlit assassin staring over her, sword on shoulder.
    Nero growled and sprinted at the man. He looked just in time to see both of Nero's feet slam into his face and throw him into the air. Nero fell to the ground and drew Blue Rose. he fired, and the man blocked both bullets with his sword blade. The extra force from the bullets propelled the man onto the head of the statue. He stabbed his sword into the statue's forehead and propped himself up on it. Nero leapt into the air and his leg stabbed into the swords' hilt just as the man began to pull it out. It was shoved deeper into the stone and the man jumped off. He landed on the statue's right arm and aimed his guns just as Nero landed on the left arm with Blue Rose's barrell staring the man in the face.
    "Kyrie! Go with your brother and get outta here!" Nero called.
    Cred backed towards the door, keeping Kyrie back with an arm, "I will return with help! You stall him until then!" He left.
    Nero scoffed, "I won't hold my breath." in a quick movement, his headphones where thrown from his neck and onto the ground.
    He fired at the man's head. The man ducked and nero fired again. The bullets smashed into the stone where the man had been. The assassin was now airborne and falling towards Nero. Nero jumped as well and trapped the assassin's torso with his legs. As the pair fell they fired at each other, neither one hitting the other. The assassin kicked Nero away. Nero growled and flung the assassin into the statue. The man in red landed on his trapped sword and looked up as Nero descended down on him. Nero's foot smashed into the sword's handle and tore it out of the statue. Nero landed with one foot on the statue's neck and one on its clasped hands. the assassin caught the sword in mid-air and slashed down. Nero deflected the stroke with his revolver, but the force send him rolling down the statue. Nero forced himself to stop by bracing himself against the statue's sword. He fired upwards and the dual rounds smashed the statue's nose off as the assassin hopped onto the statue's clasped hands.
    Nero growled and pushed with both legs. The man stood noncholantly as the sword was ripped from the statue's hands and began to descend. Nero sprinted up the sword and fired at almost point-blank range at the assassin's face. He swayed aside and Nero fired again. The man kicked out and they flew off in opposite directions. The sword clanged to the ground, straight towards the trio. Regaining his presence of mind, Sora cast Reflega. The sword hit the geometric shield and slid to the floor unbroken.
    Nero didn't notice, "You've got a jacked-up notion of fair play, pal," he said venemously, Blue Rose aiming at the assassin, "and it's beginning to piss me off."

So, whadda ya think? Keyblade involvement is pretty low at this point, but I'll try harder in a later chapter.

2. Fearless A good and beautiful child

is rockin dude
    more plz?
    also, may i suggest you seperate your paragraphs with spaces? it makes it much easier to read.

3. Paladin12345678 Twilight Town Denizen

Thanks for feedback. I don't usually double-space paragraphs, but what the hey, I'll give it a shot. Hopefully the people reading this know the story of DMC4, if not, then just focus on the three KH characters.

Chapter 1: Birds of a Feather (which is basicly part 2 of the prologue... SHUT UP!)

The assassin in the red coat stood silently, observing Nero with a detatched interest. Sora, Riku and Kairi raced up.

"You with the Order? I thought you'd have run." Nero didn't take his eyes off the assassin. Without warning, he fired again. As the assassin ducked, Nero threw a speed-loader in the air. The spent rounds flew out of the revolver and Nero spun, the revolver's chambers sliding neatly into the space that the speed-loader was. The gun clicked as the rounds slid home and Nero aimed again. The man was gone!

Nero glanced behind him out of the corner of his eye. The assassin was wandering around behind him, sword on shoulder, inspecting the architecture.

"I guess this doesn't quite cut it." Nero holstered Blue Rose and kicked behind him. An Order sword that was impaled in the floor flew into the air and Nero caught it. He stabbed it into the ground before him and revved it.

"What's the point of packing a sword like that if you aren't even gonna use it?" Nero demanded. The man in red raised his sword, glanced at it, balanced it point-first on the ground and pretended to rev it. With a shout Nero ran forward. Sora and Riku ran forward behind him. The man in red raised an eyebrow at the teenagers joining Nero. Kairi summoned the Spring Wind and held it defencively, ready to cast magic.

The assassin drew his sword as Nero, Sora and Riku fell upon him. With a quick spin he knocked all three off-balance. He swung at Riku, who managed to block but was sent sliding back. Sora gathered his magic for a Firaga, but the silver-haired assassin kicked him away. Nero attacked and moved with as much speed as the man. They seemed matched until the assassin hit Nero with a descending strike that made him lose his footing. The next strike knocked the Order sword from his hand. The assassin flourished his sword and shot towards Nero, ready to impale him. Nero raised his right arm in desperation, thought it was supposedly broken. Sora got to his feet in time to see it.

The energy released by the strike simply blew him right off them again.

Every bench in the Opera House flew into the air and landed with wood-splintering force. Kairi had remained standing simply because she had been far away. Riku's eyes widened.
    "It's what I smelt. That guy is like me. Dark power, but not quite..."
    Nero's demonic right arm glowed. The dark red armour plating was cut away at points to reveal blowing blue skin. The fingers ended in razor-sharp claws. Right now light-bending waves of energy radiated from it, it's just-awakened power eager to be released. The blue skin glowed strongly, almost white.

"You've got a trick up your sleeve." the assassin noticed, speaking for the first time.

"And I thought the cat had your tongue," Nero said, "But if it's a trick you want," Nero flexed his demonic fingers, "try THIS!" He threw the man away. The assassin landed lightly.

"Looks like you too are a-" The man looked back and saw Nero lifting the statue's sword with his arm. The Devil Bringer. The arm was projecting a ghostly version of its hand, which held the sword. The floating hand that gripped the sword was connected to the Devil bringer by a stream of white-blue energy. Nero threw the sword. The assassin swayed aside and glaced at the hole the sword made in the wall before looking back at Nero.

"Hate to interrupt, but I want to wrap this show up before the cavalry arrives!" Nero flexed the Devil Bringer again. Riku regained his feet and helped Sora up. Nero ran at the man in red again. The assassin slashed down with is sword. Nero simply grabbed the blade with the Devil Bringer and flung the man in red into a group of benches. The man landed on a bench which slid backwards several metres. He stabbed his sword into the ground to halt the movement and sat with his legs crossed.

"So, you're lookin' to play, huh?" The assassin withdrew his sword and stood up, "I guess I got some time to kill."

Nero picked up the Order sword, "Tough guy huh? Well-" Nero kicked a bench in front of him. It shot along the floor towards the assassin at an incredible speed and crashed into the group of benches. It sent every bench into a curious pile-up that was the background as the assassin flew through the air with his sword poised. Nero was in the air in a flash and the two slashed twice as they passed. The man in red landed and shouldered his sword, smirking as he heard the crash of Nero hitting the pile of benches. When he turned, however, Nero was sitting on the topmost bench, perched precariously.

"I guess I'll have to take you down a coupla notches."

"Whatever you say, kid." The assassin dismissed. Nero humphed and leapt from the bench. His sword swept down but the man in red was no longer there. Nero lifted the sword from the gouge in the floor and turned. The assassin was sitting on a bench beneath the pile, twirling his sword between his fingers. Nero threw the Order sword. The assassin dodged away, but the already precarious tower of benches collapsed spectacularly. The man in red readied his sword and Nero charged forward.

His glowing fist punched into the assassin's guard. He resisted the force for a second before the energy flung him back. That wasn't the end, however. Nero grabbed the man's leg as he flew, pulled him back and punched him in the face. The force slammed the man into the ground and cracked the marble. The man's sword, the handle and crossguard now visible to be styled after a skull and bones, spun away and stabbed into the ground. Nero began punching the assassin in the face. Nero grunted with each punch, the Devil Bringer slamming again and again into the smirking face. Sora, Riku and Kairi watched in morbid fascination at the beating. Unnoticed to any of them but Riku, the man's hand was wreathed in a flux of red energy. With every punch the human, gloved hand changed to the clawed black hand of a demon.

"He's like the guy in blue. Almost darkness, but not quite." Riku muttered. Nero grabbed the assassin and flung him into the statue. Without a pause, he picked up the man's sword and threw it as well. The assassin hit the statue hard and began to rebound. Then the sword hit him and he was pinned to the statue. He gave a final gasp and went limp.

Nero was panting for air. He rubbed the knuckles of the Devil Bringer and turned. He was obviously about to talk to the three Keyblade wielders.

"Getting better." came the strained voice of the assassin. Nero turned, shock on his face, and saw the impaled man staring straight at him.

"I would even go as far to say that I underestimated your-" the man pulled himself out of the statue, "Abilities." He dropped and landed in a half-crouch. He stood slowly, ignoring the massive sword through his chest.

"You aren't human, are you?" Nero decided.

"We're the same, you and-" The assassin pulled at the blade, "I." he finally gasped, removing the blade in a spray of blood. Apart from a small hole in his black undershirt, he was fine.

"And them." he added, gesturing to the dead knights. Nero looked and saw a helmetless corpse with the shrunken head of a demon. Nero looked back to see the assassin sitting on the sill of the skylight he'd shattered.

"Though I suspect you carry something different from the others."

"What're you talking about?" Nero demanded.

"I'd love to stay and chat but," the man made a gesture, "buisness beckons."

"HEY!" yelled Nero, firing Blue Rose at the man. When the smoke cleared, he was gone.

The assassin moved back into view, "Adios, kid." He was gone.

Nero turned to the three Keybladers and rubbed his Devil Bringer absent-mindedly.

"Thanks for the help, whoever you are-" Nero began.

"I'm Sora, and this is Riku and Kairi." Sora interrupted.

"Whatever. Next time, could you try to be a little more helpful when you butt in?" Nero looked over to the door where a couple of knights had entered along with Credo. They quickly carted the body of Sanctus out.

"Hey, are you always so mean?" Sora asked, stung.

"'Mean'?" Nero scoffed, "What are you, fifteen? You act like you're six. Grow up."

"I think you should be a little more considerate you visitors." Riku interjected. Nero glanced at Riku's hair.

"Silver, huh? Must be getting popular."

"What's your name?" Kairi asked.

"Nero."

"Why'd you answer Kairi but not us?" Sora complained. Kairi shoved Sora gently and adressed Nero, "have you seen anything out of the ordinary here in... what's this place called?"

"It's called Fortuna. it's the home of the Order of the Sword. And the only thing I can think of besides an inhuman assassin killing His Holiness, there was this wierd demon on the way here. It was black with yellow eyes and had this heart symbol on its chest."

Sora and Riku exchanged glances. The three boxes were ticked. Heartless.

Credo surveyed the Opera House, and then noticed the three Keybladers, "What are they doing here?"

slight cliffy? I'll probably write twenty chapters including this one, for each mission of the game. Please read up on DMC4 if you don't know it, 'cause it's important. CIAO! :D

4. Fearless A good and beautiful child

ive never even heard of DMC4
    is it an abreviation?
    thanks for splitting the paragraphs its much easier to read
    =D
    MORE PLZ

5. Roxaspartanti King's Apprentice

wow!

Awesome!keep up the good work!finaly a story i like!i only read the beginning, but that was all to make me feel great about it. go on, ur great at this!

6. Paladin12345678 Twilight Town Denizen

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback! By the way, it's a crossover for Devil May Cry 4. Look it up on Wikipedia if you must. This will unfortunately be a short chapter, so expect a part 2 of Mission 2. And for some reason, I'm thinking of this story in Kh2 terms.
    Boss Battle: Mysterious Assassin
    Hp: 6 bars
    Attacks: Stinger, Rebellion combo 1, Rebellion combo 2, Honeycomb fire
    RCs: DDR; When he uses Honeycomb fire, Sora will React with a very awkward improv dance considering the bullets hitting the ground below him.
    Clash; Sometimes when Nero Busters Dante, they will clash in a short movie. If you are close enought and press Triangle, Sora will race over and bop the assassin on the head.
    Partner Battle: Nero
    Nero is very strong and fast. Expect Nero to do most of the work considering his invincible status.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"We're here to help with any crisis you might be having," Sora answered Credo, "Our ship came here-"

"The port has been closed for the ceremony." Credo blocked.

"We were in our spaceship-"

"Spaceship." Nero chuckled.

"Ok, let's pretend it was a sea ship. Anyway, we're stranded here until we help with whatever's wrong." Sora finished exasperatedly.

Credo approached Nero, "You will go after the assassin with your," he paused, "Friends."

"Nero." Kyrie had entered the Opera House dragging a huge rectangular case bearing the Order's insignia. Nero grabbed it from Kyrie and set it down.

"You mean it's fixed? Thanks, this sword is the best companion a swordsman could wish for." Nero popped the oversize suitcase open and began assembling it. Riku noticed that Nero had rolled his sleeve down over the Devil Bringer. He'd been eying it ever since it had shown itself. Nero finished assembling Red Queen and sheathed it on his back. The trio's keyblades disappeared and they followed Nero, Credo and Kyrie out of the Opera House. They exited to the plaza they had just been through, the central fountain spraying water high into the air. There was a sudden sound and Credo drew his sword. A man ran around the fountain, clutching his chest. He began to call for help when a Scarecrow appeared from out of nowhere and impaled him. The man shuddered and died. A rose-coloured heart floated from his chest. The Scarecrow reached for it, and as it touched it darkness spread along it until it was the black Scarecrow Nero had met earlier.

"The heart!" Sora exclaimed.

"Credo," Nero ordered, "Take care of Kyrie. I got this." To punctuate this, Nero revved Red Queen. Firey-orange propellant flowed down the sword, the whole blade glowing. Nero dashed forward and carved through the demons. More and more refugees streamed in, desperately trying to escape. Credo decapitated a demon and pushed a screaming couple towards the exit.

"I will evacuate everyone back to headquarters! Report back as soon as you can," Credo pointed, "And be careful!"

Nero turned, mid-fight, "I got it already!" He spun and bisected a demon. Sora dodged a swing and stepped on the Scarecrow's blade. He made a revving action on his Keyblade and fire streamed down the blade. Sora swiped and the demon disintegrated. Riku blasted a demon to bits in mid-air with a burst of dark fireballs. Kairi raced over to a wounded refugee and cast Cura. Kyrie was running to the exit when she spotted a small boy standing and crying. A Scarecrow fixed the boy in its proverbial gaze and waddled over to it on its peg legs. Kyrie raced over to the boy and hugged him tight as three airborne Scarecrows swung their blades at him.

The blades never came. Kyrie opened her eyes to see Nero standing in front of her, silver blade still extended. It had run out of charge. The mutilated demons disintegrated.

"Kyrie, go! NOW!" Nero ordered. Kyrie dragged the small boy away. Nero sheathed Red Queen and began to roll up his right sleeve. Riku's gaze locked onto the arm.

Nero shot his arm forward to one of the demons crowding him. The ghostly projection snatched its peg leg and Nero began to swing it around. Once all the demons had been swept into the air, Nero let go, drew his sword and spun with it outstretched. The blade caught the demons until the whole bunch were mashed onto the blade. Nero revved the sword and the increased momentum the sword gave him spun him a full revolution and left the demons as tiny pieces floating on the wind, charred by the flames that the revved sword released in is charge. Nero gave a cry and stabbed another demon. He revved his sword and slashed it out, the blade leaving a long scar on the stone pavement. Nero ducked a wild swing and punched the demon's legs out with his Devil Bringer. Nero hopped on and stabbed his sword into the demon. The still living demon thrashed as Nero revved his sword. On the third rev the sword caught alight and the momentum turned the demon into a painful skateboard. Nero raced around the fountain, narrowly avoiding the Keyblade trio and hopped off as the improv skateboard flew into a wall and shattered. Nero sheathed his sword and rubbed his Devil Bringer absent-mindedly.

"Well come on," Nero called to the trio, "If you want to help, you'd best help me find the assassin."

Scarecrows and Heartless Scarecrows have an RC called Exceed. If they charge up an attack and Sora Reacts, he'll stand on their blade, pretend to rev his Keyblade and slash them for 150% of his strength. This is an Enemy battle with barriers. Nero is still an AI partner, and finishing this fight will make him join your party.

7. Paladin12345678 Twilight Town Denizen

Double-posting is phun! 8D

Part 2: La Porta de L'enfer

Nero walked down the path towards the Plaza's gate and turned right to a door. As he pushed it open Sora jogged to catch up.

"What's the Order of the Sword?" Sora asked.

"It's kind of a long story." Nero replied as they entered a storage room with a staircase winding up the sides.

"2,000 years ago, a demon called Sparda rebelled against his own kind and seperated our world from theirs. No one knows exactly why, but Sparda was the feudal lord of this city at that time and met a woman named Eva." As they reached the top, they moved into another room where six sacks lay limp on the ground. Clouds of darkness flowed out of the drains and entered the sacks. Nero drew Red Queen and revved it.

"So some belive that Sparda fell in love with the woman Eva," Nero continued as he vertically split a Scarecrow, "He actually cared about the human race, and trapped his powers on the other side to save us. But ever since he met Eva, no one's heard of him. It's like he died."

"So was that statue of Sparda?" Riku asked as he dodged a wild swing and cut off the Scarecrow's arm.

"Yeah. The people here worship him as their Saviour. Like a god." Nero scoffed, "Damn sheep, the lot of them."

"You don't believe?" Kairi asked as she thrust Spring Wind into a Scarecrow and cast Firaga into the demon.

"The Order found me when I was small. Kyrie and Credo looked after me. I'll stand beside them for that."

Riku parried the strike of the final Scarecrow and cut its throat, "And that arm?" Riku asked as the demon convulsed, darkness spraying from the throat wound.

"I don't want to talk about it." Nero blocked. The four left through the door nearby. They appeared on a huge balcony overlooking the street outside the Operal Plaza. It was full of Scarecrows maurauding in the streets, buring cars and buildings. Nero shot one in the head and directed the trio through the door to the right. They entered on the second floor of a room that looked like a prison cell with a mysterious pillar in a sunken area in the middle of the first floor. Iron gates prevented the four from moving along the second floor balcony. Nero descended the stairs to the pillar. Set in an indentation was a crystal skull that was lit by a blue flame at its core. Nero picked it up with the Devil Bringer.

"What the hell is this?" He wondered. Without warning, the Devil Bringer absorbed the skull. A flux of power exploded from the arm and Nero checked it. He moved back up to the first floor and stood on a mysterious blue spot. A globe of blue light flared into existance between him and the second floor.

"Grab on." Nero ordered and shot the Devil Bringer towards the light. The ghostly porjection snatched the light and catapulted the four onto the balcony. Nero shook the Devil Bringer - the weight of all four had taken a toll. To cut a murderous journey short, the four journeyed across Fortuna, defeating Scarecrows, and finally reached the mountain where the assassin had been last spotted. They reached a small mining town between two mining zones that was eerily quiet. During their adventure, the sun had set and it was now night time.

"I wonder where the people are?" Kairi wondered. Sora remembered seeing a man lose his heart in Traverse Town and hoped that the people had run away. Nero glanced up at a huge, black stone block looming over the cliff.

"What the hell is that?' Nero wondered seconds before a raging inferno burned through the surface and a massive, firey demon was ejected out and landed with an earth-shaking boom in front of Nero. It carried a huge flaming sword in its left hand, and its lower body was centaur-like in shape. A tail of fire waved at its back. It seemed to be made of black stone, with firey trails blazed through it. Flaming wings protruded from its shoulders, and it's face was bull-shaped, complete with horns. It roared and heated air exploded from it. the houses near to it caught fire and Nero shielded his face. He fanned his face as Sora contemplated casting Blizzaga.

"The human world," the demon rumbled, "It's been a while." It walked down the street. Nero walked up to meet it.

And walked past it.

"What's he doing?" Riku wondered. The demon ignored all four of them. Behind the demon, Nero drew Red Queen and rested its tip on the ground next to him. He spun suddenly and released a wave of wind that extinguished the house fires. A sign wobbled on its post and fell off as the demon turned.

"How curious. When I came to this world 2,000 years ago, there was no one such as the likes of you." Nero pointed Red Queen at the demon.

"Wanna make it another 2,000?" Nero suggested innocently.

"Insignificant pest!" The demon growled and thrust with its sword. Red Queen shot up to meet the blade and they locked. The released energy made the demon's firey wings waver. Red Queen's tip glowed yellow from the heat of the demon's sword. Nero heaved, breaking the lock, and the demon was forced back a step.

"Foolish human! Now you shall suffer the wrath of Berial!" Berial threatened, "I, conqueror of the Fire Hell!" Berial roared and every house caught alight from the heat. Red Queen balanced point-first on the ground and Nero revved it, cocking his head, "Then let's go."

"We'll help out!" Sora called as the three summoned their Keyblades. Kairi's Keyblade began to frost as she charged a Blizzaga.

Nero pulled Red Queen from the ground and shot the Devil Bringer's projection towards Berial's head.

Cliffy, mwuhahahahaha! I enjoy being lazy and evil at the same time!

8. Zexion King's Apprentice

Lol Cool Man

9. Paladin12345678 Twilight Town Denizen

Mission 2: La Porta de L'enfer Part 3

Boss Battle: Berial
    Hp: 8 bars
    Attacks: Vertical slash, Horizontal slash, Flame Pillar, Bull Rush, Explosion, Block, Punch.
    RCs; Bull Rush: If Berial charges and Sora Reacts he'll clash with berial. Rapidly tap Triangle to break the lock and do 110% of strength damage to Berial.
    Faceplant: When two bars of health have been taken off Berial his flames will extinguish and he will be stunned. If Sora is near his head and Reacts, he'll call Nero and Nero will slam Berial into the ground face-first. Deals 130% of NERO'S strength.
    Buster: After Faceplant, Berial will be on the ground. If Sora reacts he'll call Nero and Nero will punch him into the air and punch him away. Deals 140% of NERO'S strength.

Berial's flaming sword swept through the air, flames trailing behind it. Nero leapt over it as the burnign blade decimated the house behind him. He shot the Devil Bringer forward and pulled himself towards Berial's face. Drawing Red Queen, he slashed Berial in the face three times. Nero swung Red Queen down in a vertical slash as Riku blasted Berial in the face with three Dark fireballs. Sora Aerial Dodged up to Berial and began to slash his face. Berial grunted and hit Sora with a scything uppercut. As Sora hit the ground Berial swung his sword in a vertical leaping slash at him. His sword rebounded as Kairi cast Reflect on Sora as Riku summoned a Dark Shield. Nero took this oppertunity to dash into Berial with the charged Red Queen swinging. He hit Berial with a rising slash that pulled him up and slashed Berial in the face. Berial groaned as its flames were extinguished. Nero grabbed Berials face and lifted it into the air.

"Is that all you got?" shouted Nero, throwing Berial into the ground. He dropped back down in front of Berial and hit him with an uppercut that sent him into the air. As Berial fell Nero drew back the Devil Bringer and punched Berial into the cliff.

"Nice one Nero!" Sora exclaimed. Nero gestured and Sora saw Berial get back up. It roared in anger at the night sky and as it reignited a wave of flame shot out. Nero stood unmoving as his coat flapped. Berial set his sights on the four and prepared to rush them. Sora raced at Berial. As the demon charged, Sora dashed in and swung.

Keyblade met flaming sword. Sora shoved at the demon's blade. The demon was easily winning. Sora channeled his magic into the Keyblade and frost raced down the blade and onto Berial's sword. The flames extinguished, its strength was gone. Sora knocked the blade back and threw the Keyblade at Berial's head.

Without warning, Riku was behind Berial. He caught Sora's Kigndom Key as it blasted through Berial and as he dashed back his friends he slashed through Berial's shoulder. He tossed the Kingdom Key back to Sora.

Berial roared again and charged. Nero's Devil Bringer slammed into his face and fell back.

"Your arm," it said, "Youa re not human!"

Nero rubbed the Devil Bringer, "Don't ask. Damn thing drives me crazy though."

"You are just like he was." Berial said.

"And he would be?" Nero pressed.

"I must restore my powers!' Berial roared and changed shape into a raging torrent of fire. It flowed past Nero and into the stone gate overlooking the arena.

"Hey, wait!" yelled Nero. But the gate closed. Nero sighed and put his hands on his hips, looking over the smoldering ruin that had been the mountain town.

Mission 2 clear! yayz!

10. Paladin12345678 Twilight Town Denizen

It seems I am forced to necro my own thread after ages. Oh well, I may as well practice writing. Besides, I can't stop thinking about it! o_O

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mission 3: Fortuna Castle Part 1 (I'm lazy)

The three friends shivered in the snow. Nero seemed unaffected by the blizzard as the four traversed a snow-covered pathway on the side of a cliff. They had reached the top of Lamina Peak, and were heading towards Fortuna Castle, which was the last place the assassin had been seen. At last, they rounded a bend, and Fortuna Castle was in sight. It was massive, the architecture almost rivaling the peaks in size. The blizzard had eased up, and the night was still. The moon bathed the mountain in silvery light. Nero led the three to the bridge that was supposed to take them down the mountainside so that they could enter the castle.

As they crossed it, there was a rumble. The four stopped and Nero looked up. A pinnacle of rock had been dislodged and was falling towards them. He grabbed Sora and Kairi by the shirt collars and shoved them forward, into Riku's back. The falling rock collapsed the bridge and sent them tumbling down.

The four landed on the snow below, bruised and battered but alive. Nero was the least affected by the fall, and was soon up. He helped the three to their feet, just in time to see a new enemy appear.

Two demons crouched on stone pillars before them. They were humanoid, vaguely reptilian, and seemed to have ice growing out of them. Their right hands ended in four claws formed from shards of ice, and their left arms were shield-like blocks of ice. They both screeched challenges. One of them simply leaped from its pillar. The other seemed to disintegrate into shards of ice. These shards shot through the air and reassembled the creature in mid-air. It was backlit by the moon as it roared and attacked.

Nero rolled aside as the first of the creatures attacked. He reached out with the Devil Bringer and yanked it off-balance. He struck it into the air with Red Queen and began to fire upon it with Blue Rose. After the hail of bullets, Nero let the creature descend. As it was about to hit the ground, he grabbed it with the Devil bringer. He held it by the tail and began to spin in vertically, smashing it along the ground, sending snow and ice shards flying. With a grunt, he flung the creature into a wall. It gave a screech and died.

Meanwhile, Sora was locked in conflict with the second, its claws shoving against the Kingdom Key. Riku fired three Dark Firagas, but they were deflected off the creature's shield. Kairi raced in and flourished her Keyblade. Fire raced down her Keyblade and raced around her in a ring. The creature screeched in pain and its shield melted. Sora hit it with a powerful thrust to the stomach that sent it into the air. Sora held his Keyblade out and raised it, energy flowing up his torso and into the Keyblade.

"Back off!" Sora exclaimed, bringing the Keyblade down again. The energy manifested as three bright globes that raced around Sora and shattered the creature. He nodded, "Good work Kairi!"

Nero beckoned them to follow. As they walked towards the castle's great doors, he told them, "Those creatures were Frosts. Them showing up here is a bad sign. It might be the assassin's work, in any case, their tough. Watch out if any more show up."

Nero stopped the ground, halfway along the causeway that stretched over an ice-floe-filled river towards the castle doors. He looked up, just in time to see two shapes burst out of a castle window.

It was a woman, grasping a Scarecrow as they both fell. She righted herself and rode the Scarecrow down. The demon slammed into the ground, the force sending up clouds of snow up and down the causeway. The woman parted the Scarecrow's peg legs and stared into Nero's eyes. He was watching with interest, though ever now and then his gaze flicked a little lower. Meanwhile, Sora was staring with eyes as big as plates at the striking, well-endowed, dark-skinned woman wearing hardly enough clothing to be considered dressed, let alone for snowy weather. Kari looked almost disgusted. Riku, in contrast, seemed slightly amused.

She blew silver hair out of her eyes as more Scarecrows materialized around her. One of them swung its blade at her. She raised the Scarecrow that she was holding and it was cut in half by its fellow's blade while she began to backflip away. A blade stabbed towards her as she completed her flips and she spread her legs to avoid it. She pinned it with her feet and righted herself, stepping on another Scarecrow for support. The rest jumped into the air at her. She reached down to her leg and removed a small blade that she had strapped there. She unfolded it and in a series of spins, kicks and slashes, destroyed all but one of the Scarecrows. She dodged the final demon's strike and tossed her blade into the air, catching it with her other hand and slashing the demon's throat.

A final, unnoticed demon jumped into the air to attack her from behind. Blue Rose's dual barrels blasted their reply and the demon disintegrated. Nero lowered the smoking revolver. The woman straightened, idly spinning her blade.

"I owe you thanks," she thanked him.

Nero rubbed his nose, still holding Blue Rose, "You with the order?"

"I'm new," she replied, extending a hand and winking a pale blue eye, "Gloria. You're Nero, right? I've heard rumours."

Nero crossed his arms, "Hasn't everyone?"

Gloria stopped spinning her blade and strapped it to her leg again, "It's strange. No matter how many you kill, more will come."

"I've got some personal slaying of my own to do." Nero said.

Gloria set off down the causeway back towards the mountains, "I'll head back to the town. May the Saviour be with you on your journey."

Nero gave a short scoff, "Saviour."