The New Rabbit

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Heaven's Angel, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

This is a fable that I wrote for an assignment in reading class that I'm turning in today... It's my first fable ever so I hope I did good... :sweatdrop: I would like for anyone who reads this story to please comment on it if you can... and Thank you for taking the time to look at this ;) Enjoy the story! See if you can't figure out what the moral is :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The winds blew softly and the grass swayed along in big fields. There was a small town that lay next to the fields called Riverview. This was a town where many rabbits lived with there families and grew up. It was a quite peaceful place. No dangers such as foxes or snakes lurked anywhere near this delicate town, and every rabbit lived a happy life. However, there was one specific thing that seemed to make this small city stand out: It was spotless.

Everywhere you looked, things would be neat and orderly. There wasn’t any dirt in the houses and every rabbit had perfectly clean fur, especially the young rabbits. Most families out in this area had a lot of money, so they could easily afford grooming and caretaking for their fur. Hardly any filthy rabbits were seen in the area.

Each and every rabbit would go to the same school. That school was called Riverview Academy. The younger rabbits would take classes on the top floor of the burrow and the older rabbits would have classes on the bottom floor. Everybody was kind to each other. The school was also spotless, just like the rest of the small town.

One day, a new family moved into the peaceful town. They lived on the outskirts of town because nobody would sell them a house closer in town. This was because their whole family was filthy. Their fur was matted and they were covered in dirt. Everybody tried to avoid the family because they didn’t want them messing up the rest of their town. It was also said that any rabbit that wasn’t clean was just a cruel monster. Once that rumor had spread, everybody in town had believed it and the family was shunned from the rest of the town.

Their lives were hard since nobody would talk to them or come anywhere near them. It was even harder for the little rabbit, though. He had attended school every day since he moved there, but nobody had even talked to him once. When he would get near any other students, and then would move away. The poor rabbit always sat in the back of the class and had no friends.

However, one day, the young rabbit was sitting by himself eating his lunch. Everybody sat on the other side of the cafeteria. Although, a curious young rabbit had seen the poor rabbit sitting all by himself and he asked the rest of the rabbits, “Why not go sit with him…? He’s doing nothing wrong…†A white-furred rabbit stood up and spoke to the curious rabbit. “Because he’s dirty! He will be cruel to us!†However, the young rabbit refused to believe it. “Nonsense! That is just some silly rumor! Look, and I shall prove it to you!†So the rabbit took his lunch and sat down right next to the lonely rabbit.

“Hello,†He said cheerfully. “My name is Skipper. What’s yours?†The new rabbit seemed quite shocked by Skipper sitting with him. “I’m Rocky…†He said. “Nice to meet you, Skipper.†Skipper tilted his head at Rocky. “Nice to meet you, too…†He said and grinned. The two rabbits talked with one another for the rest of the lunch period. In fact, they talked with each other for the rest of the day, and soon they had become best friends.

Now, the other rabbits in town had seen this and they began to become curious. One nice lady in town went over to Rocky’s house and offered him and his family some homemade carrot cake. Soon, the town had accepted the family into their civilization. It was then that the people of Riverview realized that it doesn’t matter what you look like, it just matters how you act.

2. Fearless A good and beautiful child

KAWAII!!!
    that wuz so cute =D

3. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

thank joo! I turned it in and I'm probably gonna have to read it to mah class tomorrow >> I just keep thinking that it doesn't show the moral well enough ._.

<<

I <3 Rabbits^^

4. Shuhbooty moon child

SO CUTE!
    *dances like a rabbit*
    But do you want it as a orgin myth, or fable?

EDIT: Cause i'd don't understand what you mean by, 'it's not moral enough'.

5. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

I think DS means that the moral wont come out as clearly enough - though i think it did XD

its's not whats on the outside...its whats on the inside that counts

super cute.. i could really imagine a bunny town

6. Heaven's Angel Kingdom Keeper

well... the moral was suppossed to be "Don't judge a book by it's cover" but they're basically the same thing XD

and it's suppossed to be a fable... >>