A Face in a Broken Mirror.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Amethyst Grave, May 23, 2008.

1. Amethyst Grave Hollow Bastion Committee

Ok, this is my first fanfic so dont hate me if it sucks. Its mainly about the 14th member. Well, here goes nothing-

Prolouge-

Night had fallen. The normally bright, welcoming suburban streets were now lonely and dark, like someone had drained away its very essence. The rain poured down in buckets and the sky split every few minutes as another bolt of lightning stabbed the earth. Narika had staples in her ribs. She'd been running for what seemed like forever. Her black hair which normally fluttered in the light summer breeze was now drenched and sticking flat to her head, making her look like a strange new species of seal. Her onyx eyes barely traced the growing outline of her house through the heavy rain. At last she reached her door. She fumbled with the keys and opened the door for herself. A wave of warm air hit her as soon as the door was closed behind her. She went into the living room and threw herself on the couch, suddenly, the familiar cackle of childrens laughter split her ears.Her little brother, Ricky looked up from his video game and burst out laughing.
    ''Hey, Narika! You look like a fish!'' It was half true, she thought as she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror. She looked like a week-drowned corpse that had been dragged from its watery grave and was brought back to life frankenstein style.
    ''You're early home, Narika. It's only 8.30.'' said her dad, looking away from his newspaper and at his watch.
    ''Well, i'm not staying out in that all night, the entire volume of the pacific ocean must be up in that cloud!'' Her dad looked out of the window. Another bolt of lightning lashed out from the sky. He nodded his head.
    ''True.''

Narika dragged herself upstairs and dropped her shoes and her drenched jacket on the lilac carpet of her room. She threw herself on the bed. Kiara's house was on the other side of town and she was exhausted from the run. She closed her eyes just for a minute but within 30 seconds she was asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The streets of the world that never was were as bleak as ever. They had given the world a fitting name. The only light was a heart-shaped moon, looming through the darkness. Huge skyscrapers touched empty space, casting eerie shadows on the city below. Neon signs advertised companies that didn't exist. An enormous castle which dominated the city and was seen past even the greatest skscrapers seemed to float in midair despite its huge size, watching the empty world. It wasn't raining tonight, there was no wind either, but it was so cold out one could almost feel their bones turn to ice.
    ''Lucky nobodies can't feel cold.'' thought the figure who was standing in an alleyway between two skyscapers. His hood covered his eyes but he could still make out his breath changing into mist when it came into contact with the air.

Suddenly, a dark portal opened up a few metres behind the mysterious figure. Another man stepped out of the swirls of black, purple and navy blue. He was dressed in the same black cloak, and his hood also covered his face.
    ''You're late.'' The first figure removed his hood to reveal glaring yellow eyes, straight blue hair and a distinctive X shaped scar.
    ''Sorry, I got a little side-tracked.'' The second man did the same with his hood revealing spikey red hair and two dark green marks that resembled teardrops under his gleaming emerald eyes.
    ''You mean wasting time with that useless little runt you call a friend? Again?''
    ''Don't talk about Roxas like that!'' The redhead snapped. The older nobody turned his head towards him.
    ''Must I remind you to respect your elders, number VIII? Besides, we are here to discuss our new plans seeing as the other boy has been destroyed, and you didn't attend the last meeting.'' The younger nobody glared at the man in front of him.
    ''Wait, what other boy?'' he asked, his angry frown disappearing.
    ''Oh, Thats right. You and Roxas were on a mission when the news was received, and i guess Zexion forgot to tell you.''
    ''Tell me what?'' Axel was getting impatient now. A grin crept across the older nobodys face.

Ok, thats the prolouge. I'll post chapter 1 next week. ^-^

2. Maka Albarn It's called love

ooooooo.... exciting! You did really great with the discription! I can't wait to find out what happens next. Keep writing more! :D

3. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Not bad at all. I like how detailed you were.

The one thing that I don't like are long paragraphs. Personally, I lose interest if they are too long.

Keep up the good work, I can't wait to read the rest!

~kairi_girl_92

ps-check out my story? There's a link in my siggy.

EDIT: I just realised that you already commented on mine xD

4. Amethyst Grave Hollow Bastion Committee

O_O I actually finished this one faster than I thought i would. So, here it is. Thanks for the comments btw!

Chapter 1-

Narika slowly opened one eye. Her room was almost completely dark apart from a lone streetlight shining through her open curtains. The storm, as if by magic had completely cleared up, revealing millions of tiny diamonds against a vast, dark-blue backround. She glanced at her alarm clock, 4:00am. She'd been sleeping for about 8 hours already? She mustve been more tired than she thought. She sat up, her hair and clothes were still a little damp and her shoes and jacket still lay on the floor. She had a splitting headache. Ear-splitting music was blasting through the walls from the opposite room.
    I'm not in the mood for this. She crossed the hall and ignoring the 'Keep Out on Pain of Death' sign on the door to her brother's room, marched in and took the cable of his CD player out of the wall.
    ''Hey, what the hell?!'' Came the voice of an irritated 9-year-old boy.
    ''It's four in the f***ing morning!'' Came the voice of a further irritated 16-year-old girl.
    ''It's Saturday!''
    ''No it's not, It's f***ing Sunday, and unlike you, I have to go to work in 5 hours! Now, I have a splitting headache, and your stupid music isn't helping!'' Narika walked out the room without another word. Ricky swore under his breath as she slammed the door.

Narika crawled back into bed. The minutes felt like hours as she tried to fall asleep. It was hopeless. She wouldn't be able to sleep if she tried. She looked out of the gap in her lilac curtains and out of the window. There was no clouds tonight and she could see loads of stars. Suddeny, a single star flickered a few times against the black sky before dissappearing for good. Narika blinked in disbelief. Did she just see what she thought she had? She ran to her window and pulled back the curtains in hope of seeing it again. She suddenly had gotten a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. Something was coming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

''So, what now?''
    ''What do you mean?''
    ''Now that Sora's dead, what's going to happen to our plan?'' The conversation between the flurry of dancing flames and the luna diviner had calmed down a little now.
    ''Isn't it obvious?''
    ''Would I be asking if it was?''
    ''We have no choice, we must bring in a 14th member.'' Axel gasped. Not in shock but in worry. ''That's your mission number VIII.''
    ''Wait a minute, what about Roxas?'' He asked.
    ''What about Roxas?'' Saix repeated. Axel gave him a what-are-you-stupid kind of look. ''As you are aware of, Axel, we need both keyblade weilders for this plan to work. You needn't worry. Nothing's going to happen to the brat.'' Axel breathed a silent sigh of relief. ''Now, your mission is to find the other keyblade wielder and bring him to us, now get going.''
    ''I'm going, I'm going!'' He said irritably. He waved his hand and a dark portal materialized out of thin air. Axel disspeared into the the swirls of dark blues and purples. He stepped out into a completely different world. He squinted his eyes as the blinding rays of the sun somehow made it through his hood. The air was warmer and the sky clearer. He looked at his surroundings. He was standing on a slab of broken rock surrounded by waterfalls which fell up instead of down. Like the world that never was, an enormous castle towered over the huge world. Hollow Bastion.

Yea, this one kinda sucked. I think its because i wrote it up in about 2 seconds because i cant update it again for a while after today. My computer keeps freezing and its going away for repairs tomorrow. Again. >.< Sorry guys.

5. len Gummi Ship Junkie

:action-smiley-030: hiya it's been a long time since i've talked to you friendyy ^_^

your really good i love the way you describe things
    but i think there too long other than that your story rocks
    :noworries:

6. Psycopath Merlin's Housekeeper

=DDDD you finally posted it!

*hugs u*

7. stripy4 Traverse Town Homebody

Hiya! :action-smiley-030:

I liked it. It was very descriptive, and Saix and Axel behaved a lot like... Saix and Axel. Which is good! This looks very interesting, I hope your computer gets fixed soon!

8. Amethyst Grave Hollow Bastion Committee

Thanks for the comments! =D Sorry its so late! Enjoy ^^

Narika had just got home from work. There was no word for how tired she felt. She hadn't been able to sleep at all last night, what she'd seen had kept her awake. What was that? How could a star just dissapear? Was she going crazy? And what was that feeling she'd gotten after it vanished? Like something was coming, but what? It was impossible to sleep with all those questions running through her head. And to top it off, work had been a nightmare. Her boss had been in one hell of a mood. Whenever that happened, he usually took it out on Narika. She caught a glimpse of herself in a mirror and sighed. For the second day in a row she looked like death warmed up. The dark colour of her eyes seemed to emphasize the tired bags, her skin was deathly pale and her jet-black hair looked like it hadn't seen a pair of straighteners in weeks. Ricky took one look at her and snorted with laughter.
    ''Oh shut it you little runt.'' Narika snapped. Ricky grinned and stuck up his middle finger at her. Narika ignored the urge to bend it back until it broke and started upstairs. Understandably, all she wanted to do was sleep.

Meanwhile, Axel had now reached a small village that stood quite a distance away from the castle. He groaned to himself. He was supposed to find the missing keyblade weilder but he didn't know anything about him. Why hadn't Saix told him any more than he did? He was probably supposed to but didn't bother. No-one really understood how damn hard it was to find someone you're clueless about until they had actually tried it. Axel's emerald eyes scanned the quiet streets. All the residants looked alike to him. Suddenly, the ground gave a small rattle. A miniature earthquke. Then, huge black clouds formed from thin air covering the sky like a sinister painting. A lightning bolt lashed out and stabbed the ground. Axel thought he felt a twinge of fear form deep within his non-existant heart. It was a sight he remembered too well.
    ''No, not this again! Not now!'' he gasped. He had to hurry.

Narika woke to the sound of thunder.
    ''Crap, not another storm!'' she mumbled to herself. She looked out of her window towards the black sky and sighed. Yeah, another storm. Suddenly, her eyes grew wide with terror. She leapt out of bed and almost jumped out of her window, her eyes fixed on the terrifying sight in the sky.
    ''No way!'' She ran downstairs at full speed and went into the garden, her eyes never moving from that spot. Her neighbour was outside too, also staring at the sky, Narika saw the fear in his eyes. So she wasn't seeing things. The huge red globe spun in the sky, sending down bolts of lightning like some kind of bizarre knife. The ground shook again, harder this time. Small pockets of darkness erupted and vanished on the ground and in the air. Narika herself began to get a weird sensation, like tiny shards of glass were floating around in her bloodstream, but it didn't hurt.
    ''What the hell's going on!?''

lazily written yet again =( sorry. I blame homework.

9. {feel.the.wrath} Hollow Bastion Committee

0_o Wow... This is... AWESOME!

10. len Gummi Ship Junkie

Great chapter ^_^

we all blame homework :3

11. Cherry Berry Chaser

^^ Wow! Very descriptive, just how I like it!!

Continue the good work!!!

>;] I will await the next chapter!!

12. Psycopath Merlin's Housekeeper

=DDDDD

AWESOME!!!!

hey, im gonna turn this in for my english homework and lie that i wrote it, k?

13. Psycopath Merlin's Housekeeper

D=

You have abandoned this!!!!

*shuns*

EDIT: I just double posted =D

14. Amethyst Grave Hollow Bastion Committee

No i havent its just taking me ages to finish. my computer is a busted piece of **** and keeps deleting it *cries*

15. Psycopath Merlin's Housekeeper

D=

Hurry up and get it fixed then.

16. Amethyst Grave Hollow Bastion Committee

ok, i know, its veeery late, im sorry! TT-TT its this late for a number of reasons but i wont bore you... here it is anyway.

People ran in all directions, screaming in terror. The huge orb of glowing red energy spun increasingly faster, picking up bits of rubble like a huge magnet. Creatures began emerging from the dark pockets that had started to erupt all over the place.

They were a horrible sight, a body as black as the darkness from which they were born twitched uncontrollably causing two long anntenna to flutter. Glowing yellow eyes the size of golf balls looked around at the chaos they themselves were causing and their crooked fingers bent in impossible ways.

Heartless.

''Crap! What have these wretched things done now!?'' Axel mumbled through his hood. Never had he been so glad to have that cloak, for nobodies like him it was the only protection from the darkness, without it he'd have completely faded a long time ago. Even so, the cloak could only hold out for so long and if he returned to The World That Never Was without the missing key-weilder he'd be a dead man anyway. Time was running out, Fast.

Narika still stood in her back yard, her body frozen with fear. Her eyes remained fixed on the globe of dark energy above her head. In the distance she could hear people screaming and bits of rubble falling to the ground. The air seemed heavy and she could almost taste the darkness emmiting from the sinister formation in the sky.

Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye Narika saw a large black blur come hurtling towards her. She ducked just in time. The- whatever it was landed on the ground a few feet away. At first she thought she had just dodged an abnormally large spider or something but as she cautiously took a step towards it her theory was shattered as its huge eyes burned into Narika's skull like miniature suns.

''What the hell!?'' Narika wanted to scream but no sound came out. The creature jumped again. She tried to dodge but her body wouldn't move. A set of long, crooked claws struck her face. The force knocked her onto her back. She felt her warm, wet blood run from the gash on her cheek to her shirt.

She picked up a piece of rubble and threw it at the twitching blob of live darkness. What should have been a bullseye seemed to go right through the thing's shuddering body. Where she got her courage from she had no idea but Narika picked up an even larger bit of rubble, running at the thing. She hit it's head at point-blank range but the same thing happened and the chunk of concrete as though she was attacking a hologram.

The creature's shoulders seemed to twitch even more, its glaring eyes shone brighter and a strange sound, like a silenced shriek could be heard as though it was laughing at the teen's confusion.

''What is this thing!?''

Suddenly, Narika had pins and needles in her hand. The pain from the cut on her cheek vanished like it was never there. Then, a ball of light materialised in the palm of her hand, with it came a sense of security, of trust, of confidence, as though the light was comforting her. The sphere of light began to change shape, twisting and stretching until it looked like a large, silver... Key?

Well, that's that chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. and sorry again for being late. ^^