Gentle Giant

Discussion in 'Archives' started by 2Foxxie4U, Oct 19, 2008.

1. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

"Gentle Giant"

Lexaeus swiped his brow, giving a small, satisfied sigh. Almost done… he thought with a smile. Finally. After all this time, my hard work is paying off…

The door swung open revealing a boy with dirty-blonde hair and sea-foam green eyes. “L…Lexy…?”
    “Ah… Demyx. Come on in – take a seat.”
    The boy smiled a bit, and scuttled in, making sure to close the door behind him.

The large, brawny man regarded him with cool, astute eyes. “What brings you here, little one…?” he asked softly. “It’s not like you to stay up so late…”
    “Oh… hehheh… I, um… I just had a bad dream… is all.”
    “Is that so?” Lex replied with a small smile. “Well then, you can tell me about it as I finish up my latest project.”
    “Okay…”

Demyx began talking slowly, stammering and stumbling over his words as he told a completely bizarre story about lions and witches and wardrobes – probably something made up on the spot. Lexaeus only an understanding smile and listened intently as he continued sculpting the tiny clay statue of the beautiful angel that he was working on. After a while, Demyx simply ran out of ideas, and ended with a lame, “And that’s what happened.”

Lexaeus didn’t respond – he only kept working in that slow, purposeful fashion. The boy watched him silently, taking in the strange scene. Lex had always been a mystery to him; anyone who’d see him walking down the street probably would immediately judge him by his size and get the impression that he was cruel, spontaneous, and even stupid.

Man, were looks deceiving! Despite Lex’s size, his movements were carefully calculated – graceful even. Even now, his hands – massive ones that could single-handedly engulf a whole basket ball each, were gracefully skimming over the surface of the magnificent sculpture with such tenderness, you had to wonder if the blade was really touching at all. As the boy gazed at his face – scrunched up in such deep concentration, he realized that Lex was probably the wisest, kindest, and most mild-mannered person he knew.

After a long time – half an hour at the very least, the large man finally asked, “So why did you REALLY come to me, Demyx? Tell the truth.”
    Demyx stammered for a bit, anxiously trying to form a makeshift excuse, and then sighed. “Okay, Lexy – you win… The reason I really came was because the… the new guy… What’s his name?”
    “Hmmm… Marluxia? The one Xigbar recruited?”
    “Yeah – that’s it. He tried to eat me just now! Again!” the boy whimpered. “I got scared, so I came to you…”

Lex gave a tired sigh as he stepped into the chamber of his room that held the huge, super-heated furnace Xemnas allowed to him to install. Something tells me that one will be quite a problem in the future…. What Xigbar had going through his head when he initiated the man, I’ll never know… he thought grimly.

Once the tiny statue was safely cooking inside the gigantic oven, Lex reappeared, wiping his hands on the dark blue apron again. He turned to the younger boy. “Tell you what I’ll do. Tomorrow, I don’t have any scheduled missions. I’ll be sure to inform Vexen about your trials. But tonight, why don’t we bake some cookies, and I’ll read to you from that story book you like so much…?”
    Demyx jumped to his feet, completely ecstatic with joy. “REALLY?! Lexy, ya mean it?!?!”
    “But of course,” Lexaeus replied with a friendly smile.
    “I’d LOVE it!”
    “Very well, then. Just let me wash up a bit and I’ll be glad to.”

Demyx grinned and sat down on the bed as Lex disappeared into his bathroom for a well-deserved shower.

*******************************************​

“Ah… Comfy?”
    “Yup!”
    Lexaeus patted the boy’s head fondly. “Good.”

The two were now nestled in front of a huge, roaring fire in Zexion’s private library. The plate of cookies, piping hot and fresh from the oven, were cooling on a small table next to them with two identical glasses of ice-cold milk right beside the cookies. Lex was seated in an extremely large, plush sofa with Demyx curled up comfortably in his lap, gnawing hungrily on his first vict—I mean... Cookie.

“Okay – let’s see here…” Lex’s azure eyes scanned over the title of the short story he’d be reading that night. “‘The Blind Little Lillybelle’… Once upon a time, there was a blind flower by the name of Lillybelle… She was very beautiful, but…”

Demyx had always found Lexaeus’s powerful voice absolutely magical – especially during story-time. He never seemed to spoke in a loud voice, more like a calm, soothing one that seemed to rise and fall gently with every sentence. It carried him on a cloud in his own mind, took him on a magical, unexplainable journey and then carefully lowered him into the safe, warm confines of sleep.

Indeed, as the cookies and milk rations ran low, it wasn’t long before the boy was sound asleep in Lex’s arms, still clutching one last cookie in his hands.

Lex smiled gently and ruffled his hair fondly as the fire crackled and popped warmly before them. He’d never really understood the boy’s history and why he’d been chosen to join the Organization as young and… unsuitable for warfare as he was. But perhaps there was a hidden power sleeping somewhere deep inside him. Xemnas had always been exceptional at seeing potential…

Shaking his head with a little sigh, the man softly closed his book and rested his head against the back of the huge, plush chair. Left alone with only his thoughts to accompany him, Lexaeus found that after some time that he, too, had fallen asleep.

*******************************************​

Clink…

With a start, Demyx woke up. He blinked, sat up, yawned, stretched out a bit, cracked his back, and scratched his head wearily… before realizing he had no idea where he was.

At first, there was a tiny stab of panic, but with another quick glance-around, he realized he was still in the library. The roaring fire from the night before was now reduced to just a pile of smoldering ashes, but there was now a warm, fuzzy blanket around his shoulders that hadn’t been there when he’d gone to sleep. Lex was gone, but there was a steaming tray of blueberry oatmeal – his favorite – as well as toast and orange juice on the table where the cookies had been. There was also a note. With a puzzled look on his face, the boy opened it up. It read:
    “Sorry, Demyx. Something came up. I couldn’t stay until you woke up. Xemnas’s orders. I hope breakfast will make up for my absence.
    Enjoy the rest of your day,
    ~Lexaeus.

P.S., I talked to Vexen before I left. He’s going to perform an extensive psychoanalysis on the new member and maybe give him something that will tame him. You have nothing to worry about.”

Demyx smiled a bit, sipping some of his orange juice and pulling the cozy blanket around him a little more. “Aw… That Lexy! Always lookin’ out for me…” He munched thoughtfully on his toast. “Still… I kinda wish I coulda at least have said goodbye…”

After he was done eating, he got up and stretched. “Ahhhhh… Oh well, maybe next time… I wonder if Axel wants to play today…” he wondered aloud. Before he walked out of the library, he paused, ran back to carefully slip the note into his pocket, and scampered back off.

~End~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got tired of writing huge, complex fanfictions that hurt my brain. X.x;;; I have NO brain-power left in my mind for huge plot-bunnies full of twists and turns and ANGST and over-the-top COMEDY...

So...!~ I decided to write something simple. And cute. So sickeningly cute, it'd make you want to gouge your eyes out. For me, there's not really any thing else that hits the "adorable" strings in my heart more than gushy father\son drabbles.

Srsly.

Besides - I eeded an excuse to get Lexaeus more publicity. He NEEDS publicity, demmit! >8C LOVE HIM! LOVE HIM NAAAAOOO! *eats your soul*

Ahem - sorry about that. Haven't taken my happy pills today. X'DDD

Anyways, I truly think tat Lex would be the only member in the Organization that would be suitable for parenthood. Everyone else is too selfish\violent\uncaring\immature, etc... I also think that he WAS father in his past life to... (Dun-dun-duuuun...!~) Hayner. >.>;;; *smiteded*

YOU ALL KNOW IT'S TRUE! don't make me sick Larxene on you! DDD<

Moving on now. Demyx, in my mind, always happens to be the "baby" of the Organization (even if he's not technically the youngest) which, in many ways, does him more harm than good. Good thing there are people like Lexaeus out there that'd be willing to stick up for him. Who wants to argue with 300 pounds of solid muscle?

And the thing about Marluxia... Inside joke, rly. x'DDD In case you folks haven't been keepin' up with me on dA, one of my newer assertions is that Marluxia is, indeed, an insane, cannibalistic nut-job (lolz - get it? nut? XD) who is obsessed with eating Demyx because... well... Plants "eat" water. It got so bad, that Vexen had to be forced to make him a medicine to subdue him which gives you the ghey, over-the-top Marly in 90% of my fanfictions. Aaaand when it starts to wear off, you get the evil, scheming ******* in CoM. ... So... yeah. he will throw a freakin' fit if you try to make him eat one of his plants, but eating one of his comrades is perfectly acceptable.

I honestly dunno, guys. Mayb one of you should just put me out of my misery. X'DDD

wow - this got a lot longer than I would've liked. >3>;;; Oh well - it was nice talkin' to ya'll again. XD Have a nice day and such! <3

Lord of the Wings,
    ~Leah.

2. Pure Beats~ Chaser

Foxxie, this is fantastic; I loved it.

You're so good that you made me love
    Lexaeus. You are so good at this.

Good job and I want to read more. xD

3. Mexony Hollow Bastion Committee

That was good. I kind of laughed through the whole way when reading (probably because of your other fictions) Keep it up. :)

4. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

I think everyone should love Lexxy. XD Problem is, he doesn't get enough screen time. I feel if more people saw more of him, he'd grow on them more and become more popular. Thus, I've stared giving him bigger roles in my fanfics. It's only FAIR. DDD8> Axel keeps hoggin' the freakin' spotlight! X'DDD

Thanks a lot for liking! *smooches* ;D

Were you expecting it to be funny or something, so you were already laughing by the time you started even though there was nothing really funny goin' on? XD That's happened to me before, so I'd understand. XD

5. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Awwwwwww.......:D *cuddles Lexaeus* Dude....you make him seem sexy and kind and my type of guy........if I were older....-_-......why do I have this liking of older men?

6. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

I have a liking of older guys, too... X'DDD *kicks Xigbar for warping my views on younger guys* Anyways, thanks for liking! I think that he's really attractive like this, too... X'DDD *has a thing for sensitive guys*

7. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Ha! Me too!......well....except I think Xigbar's pretty cool.....-_-....which shows how high my liking of older men is.....and then there's the whole thing with Asian guys being older than they look.....-_-....

8. 2Foxxie4U ~The Forgotten Crusader...~

Go Asians! X'DDD