Kingdom Hearts One-Shot: Her Savior

Discussion in 'Archives' started by P E A N U T, Nov 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Kingdom Hearts OneShot: Her Savior

Kairi stood at the casket of her best friend. Sora Hikari had been killed. The murderer didn’t want him around, since he was one of the best police officers in the country. But the assassination didn’t go exactly as planned; there had been a witness.

Kairi.

Now the redhead teen was being watched over 24/7 by the FBI. She was the only one who could testify against that man. He had tried to kill her once, but he had failed. Now the best of the best were watching over her every move, making sure that she wasn’t in danger. Kairi’s body began to sag. The exhaustion was overwhelming. First her best friend had been killed, and now someone was after too. She was forced to stay away from her family, since it would be dangerous for them to be near her.

She shook her head, chasing away the thoughts. Today wasn’t a day where she should think about these things. Kairi put her hand on the casket and looked down at her friend. This wasn’t goodbye. It couldn’t be. He would remain in her heart forever.

“See you later, Sora.†The girl whispered in his ear. Kairi turned away and went to lean against one of the walls. She looked down to the floor. Footsteps approached her.

“Are you alright?†Riku. Her guardian.

Riku was sent by the FBI to protect her. He was one of the best FBI agents in the country, even though he was only a few years older than Kairi. He was supposed to protect her at all costs, even if it cost him his life. Kairi shuddered at the idea. She hoped that would never happen. In the past few weeks, they had become very close friends...maybe even something more.

“Riku, can we-â€

The window behind her shattered in an explosion of glass.

Kairi gasped when Riku tackled her to the ground. Her head bounced off the hard ground. Her ears rang at the sound of another bullet. She began to wheeze, realizing what danger she was in.

People around her screamed, falling to the ground for cover. Riku suddenly lift her up and carried her in his arms. He began running for the back exit.

Another bullet came through a window, inches away from them.

“Shooter in the south!†Roxas, another member from the FBI cried as he pulled out his pistol. He leaned against a wall near one of the shattered windows. “I can’t get a clear shot!â€

“Neither can I!†Namine shouted as she leaned against the wall a few feet away. The blonde cried out in pain when a bullet impacted her shoulder. She felt her body collapse to the ground.

“Namine!†Roxas ran over to her, ducking under the windows. He grabbed her hand and held on tight.

“I’m fine. Protect Kairi!†Namine slowly rose to her feet and began to run towards Riku and Kairi, who had stopped in one of the corners. Roxas nodded and ran towards them.

“We’ve got you covered. Go!†Roxas told Riku. Riku nodded and ran out the back door. It led to another hallway, filled with windows. If they delayed, then it was possible that the gunman could enter the church. Too much risk. Riku grabbed Kairi tighter and ran through the hall. The windows shattered behind them as they tried to escape.

Before Kairi realized what was happening, they had reached the end of the hall and gone into another room. It had no windows. Riku panted and set her down gingerly on her feet. Kairi was still trembling. This can’t be happening, she thought.

The room was empty except for a box at the other side of the room. It actually looked like a clock. No, wait, that wasn’t a clock...

“Bomb!†Riku shouted as he pulled Kairi out another door and ran through another empty hall. They were almost out of building. Just a little further...

The bomb exploded, releasing a shockwave that knocked Kairi off her feet. But Riku was right there. He scooped her up from underneath and carried her, continuing to run. Riku kicked open the last door and threw Kairi inside the FBI truck. He climbed in after her and slammed the door shut. He tapped on the glass in front of them and signaled for the driver to leave.

No response. Riku looked up and saw another man up front, but it wasn’t an FBI member. Riku pulled out his pistol and shot through the glass window, his bullet penetrating the man’s skull. An imposter. More than one person was involved in this assassination attempt. Riku punched the wall in frustration. Now they were trapped. That’s probably what they had planned all along.

The 19 year old pulled out his radio and spoke into. “We have a 593! We need backup at location 009.â€

The radio made a static noise. “On our way.†A female voice came on. Namine. Riku put the radio back on his belt and silently motioned for Kairi to get in the back corner. The redhead nodded and obeyed, still shaking from head to toe. Riku couldn’t stand to see her like that, but there was nothing he could do at the moment. He stood in front of her with his gun pointed at the front of the van.

After a few minutes, the driver’s side door opened and Roxas appeared. Namine climbed in the other side. Namine looked back and gave Riku a thumbs up. Riku lowered his gun and nodded. Roxas turned on the vehicle and drove away.

Riku finally sat down on one of the seats and stared at Kairi in disbelief.

Someone was trying to kill her again. And this time, things were even more serious then before.

I read a book kind of like this and it was one of my favorite scenes, so I felt like doing KH oneshot like it. I know it’s not that long, but I hope that you enjoyed it anyway. Thoughts?

2. Roxas24Sora King's Apprentice

This is awesome! I love the action in it. You're really good at capturing scenes like this.:D

3. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it =D

4. Roxas24Sora King's Apprentice

I'm not saying I want you too, cause I know you got Saving Kairi, but a full on story of this would be awesome!:D

5. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

I was wondering if anybody would ask me to do a whole thing on this...I didn't expect it to happen so soon xD. Saving Kairi will be done soon, but I think I need a break from writing full stories for a while. Maybe someday I'll add more to this though.

6. MadDoctorMaddie I'm a doctor, not a custom title!

It's really good, but it kinda ends well... I'm not sure whether it ended at all. Unless this was only chapter one, but you said it was a one-shot, so.... But I still liked it, a lot!

7. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Hmm.....seemed kind of fast paced and....maybe even a little choppy.....not exactly smooth, but writing's hard and...I'd like to know what book that was....>_>....might be an interesting read.

8. ♦Demon♥Angel♦ Gummi Ship Junkie

I would like to know how Sora died. That would be a good sence. I could tell by you writing.

9. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

I meant for it to be really fast and action packed. The book is called "The Guardian". It's by Dee Henderson. It's a love story <3

10. Juicy Chaser

I'm considering getting that book now 8D

Wow.. just wow hun. That was really amazing! The action was smooth and I'm a killer for guys carrying girls around in their big strong muscl-....yeah I'll stop there xD
    Riku and Kairi are just adorable.
    I know you kind of stole the storyline a bit from somewhere else but it was plain awesome adapting it for kingdom hearts.
    8D

*could ramble on forever about this story*

I was annoyed it didn't last any longer Dx
    I might've killed off Riku and Kairi, but had them kiss before they got shot.
    Dramatic romance or what? xD

I duno.. the ending was a little .. off key?

11. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Yeah, I realize now that they ending was pretty sudden. I actually wrote this all in one sitting if that explains anything xD.

I knew that you loved RikuxKairi, so I did that for you xD

12. Pure Beats~ Chaser

That was fantastic. You are great at writing.

You should continue this.

13. P E A N U T ~*~Never Surrender~*~

Awww *hugglz* I like to satisfy xD

1 more post until you get premmy!!!

Thanks. Like I said before, maybe someday I'll continue it, but not any day soon. And it won't be nearly as long as my other fanfic.

14. Forever Love Life Without Limits

Jeez. That held my interest the whole way through.

Although I hate stories where Sora dies/is dead, I still loved this. The action was awesome and I could actually imagine them all being cops. xD

Good job, hun.

15. xanthae Merlin's Housekeeper

Cool!! It is well written and held my intrest 'till the end, although it is a little fast paced and the ending was a bit sudden it was great. Well done. I hope you continue even so the end doesn't seem so sudden.

aw god another crappy post i'm ment to be an A student

16. Number72TheMonkey Destiny Islands Resident

In Galbadia Inside The Presidental Palace.
    Roxas and Namine Are Undercover FBI Agents?! Lol
    Great For A One Shot...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.