Quinton Flynn: Confirmed For 358/2 Days

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Mike Chaser

[​IMG]

Hey everyone, Quinton Flynn has announced in a short and quick response that he will be returning as the voice of Axel for the upcoming Kingdom Hearts title "358/2 Days". Once again, his answer was short and he didn't mention the video game or his role for Axel. Stick around for more updates on all the confirmed VA's as we get closer to the Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days release.

Square, are you thinking about some new voice over’s? I'd be happy to help out for the role of Roxas. I mean, Jesse McCartney seems really busy with the success of his new album "Departure".

Source: Quinton Flynn's official forum & our member Zeftnon - The Superior.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Jan 10, 2009.

1. kngdmhrts2
      kngdmhrts2
      awesome!! tho i hope he tries to do axel's voice something inbetween the re:com and kh2 voices he's done.

and you'd be great doing Roxas's voice, Mike :D
    2. P E A N U T
      P E A N U T
      I'm so glad he's coming back as Axel! There's nobody better for the part.
    3. Ultimecia
      Ultimecia
      Agreed, I'm glad it was him though. Now we'll already know what to expect the voice to sound like..
    4. Marluxia55
    5. keybladesofdawn
      keybladesofdawn
      Agreed in full. I just can't imagine Axel being voiced by another voice actor English-wise. :\
      You do an awesome job as Roxas, Mike. :3
    6. Fayt-Harkwind
      Fayt-Harkwind
      It was kinda obvious, I think he loves his work alot. The dudes in most of the games I own on ps2 XD
    7. Shizzy
      Shizzy
      Awesomesauce! Thanks Mike!
    8. Scott Pilgrim
      Scott Pilgrim
      I figured that he might be tired of the whole KH series thing, but this is really good news. Thanks Mike.
    9. The Twin
      The Twin
      Nice to see he's staying as our favorite red-headed Nobody. Let's just hope he sticks with his KHII voice, not the...umm.... horny-sounding one he used in Re:CoM.
    10. Sion
      Sion
      Given that he's only doing Bleach and playing the role of Kon. (How big can that role really be defined honestly?) I think he potentially does like his role of Axel, since that one it's popular, but overall people love the work he does and how nice he is.

Honestly, I can't picture anyone being Axel either. We might be seeing someone new for Roxas, keyword being 'might.' As like Mike said, we could have a change.

Seeing the new Namine and Kairi in RE: CoM wasn't as traumatizing as I thought it would have been, but I'm still slightly put off given where they both came from in terms of 'acting.' O_o;

Jeremy Sumpter could play Roxas' new voice if you think about it too.
    11. Sonic the Hedgehog
      Sonic the Hedgehog
      Jessie M!!Stop writing music and get your a** down here and voice act!Roxas sucks without you.And,I found out QF was gonna be VAing Axel earlier.
    12. Anixe
      Anixe
      Not to mention he's probably gonna be working on that Live Avatar movie. :|

Anyway, I don't see the surprise of Quinton Flynn returning as Axel itself but it is good to hear that NA Square Enix is most likely working on the English version as of now. Thanks for the heads up.
    13. Spunk Ransom
      Spunk Ransom
      Awesome, I really would of been mad if they replaced him.
    14. Lulus_Moogle
      Lulus_Moogle
      Yay! We can always trust on Quinton to pull though! <3
    15. WaveK89
      WaveK89
      Interesting

It seems to be expected. I'd be surprised if he had refused. Glad to have him for Axel again.

If they were to implement a new voice for Roxas, it might be a good idea to do it in 358/2 Days. This way, the voice could relate in terms of Ventus in Birth by Sleep. I'd prefer to have Jesse remain as Roxas's voice.
    16. Magick
      Magick
      YAYYYYYYY!!!!!! That is awesome! Nobody would play axel better then Flynn. Thanks Mike!!!
    17. Dinny
      Dinny
      Woot! Go Flynn! Go Flynn! >83

Thanks for that update mike, I'm happy now xD
    18. Mike
      Mike
      This seems to be old news. The question was answered.
      Flynn already confirmed this information back in October 2008.
    19. Spunk Ransom
      Spunk Ransom
      This is quite true. I really respect him for keeping true to his characters.

Well, I had not heard anything about it, so it's news to me.