Memories of the Mentally Unstable

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Korra, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I am stressed, therefore I write.

The following are all true stories of what's happened in my life; the good times, the bad times, and of course, the crazy times.
    Enjoy, respond, or do whatever works for you.
    ------------

Prologue/Intro

The internet is awesome. It connects me, a girl who lives in a town no one knows exists, to people all over the world. We talk, we laugh, we rant, we sometimes attack each other.
    Great, right?
    Yes, well, that's not why I'm writing this. I won't be saying, "Hurray for the internet!" any time during this.
    If that's why you're here, get out now. This is talking about reality.

Before I forget to mention - I'm not the most polite person. It may seem like it, but alas, 'tis not true.
    I'm not always rude, either. I'm more...mentally unstable. I'm cynical. Sometimes aggressive. I really can, at times when I'm enraged enough, be like some kind of rabid wolf.
    But if you really get to know me, you will find that I can also be like a little puppy.

...Evidently I am also cannibalistic and eat babies.
    In fact, I recently got a bumper sticker of Facebook saying, "YOU ATE MY BABIES!"
    Do I know how the cannibalism rumor/joke/thing started? Like most things, no, of course I don't.

Anyway, the following is NOT about the time I spend online, but rather a look into my life, and how I do act differently (or similarly) around others. You'll be reading about the things I do or think in school, home, or whenever.

Now, about school - there are sixty-two other people in my grade. I'm not naming all of them, but here's a breakdown of what they're like.
    1. Half can disappear.
    2. Half of that half can go die.
    3. The other half of those mentioned in number two can go to some godforsaken place, but not die.

Believe it or not, that is just the male population.The remaining thirty-one are girls.
    Half are ****s.
    The other half are my friends.
    One of whom I don't particularly like as much now because...well, I'll get to that.

Home - Who really cares, anyway? I sure don't.
    Moving on.

Whenever - At the mall (what? I do go to these.), movies, or friends' houses.
    It's always the same group of fifteen or so, and the teachers have "affectionately" dubbed us The Pack.
    As in a bunch of wild animals.

Now...in school, I have three main positive nicknames: Wolfie, Wolfdog, and Garbage Disposal.
    All I can say for and explanation is this - had it forever; researched it; and I really, really like ribs.

My friends call me any of the three, depending on what "group" they're from. We're pretty varied.
    Girly-girls (most)
    Goth (two)
    Academic (two)
    Annoying (one)

And then there's me, the person that would be happy in some kind of odd combination of Borders, GameStop, and Hot Topic. Out of the whole of us, I'm the most obsessive about video games.
    Go figure.

Story time.
    Last year, after we took our last final exam (Art. What a joke.), The Pack went to our local mall.
    It's pretty much...all clothes.
    There are two GameStops, a candy store, mini-Borders, and a movie store.
    And one Hot Topic.

Knowing full well that I a. hate pink and, b. hate perfumes (or any really strong scents), my friends dragged me into my least favorite store in the mall.
    Or world.
    And I do mean dragged quite litteraly, too.

Victoria's Secret.

The Antichrist of Hot Topic.

The store that is everything I hate. Pink, frilly, smells-like-a-truckload-of-flowers, "HI! How can I help you today? : D" kind of place.
    You want to torture me slowly and painfully? Victoria's Secret will do the trick.

However, this particular part of the mall is laid out so there's a GameStop right across from Hell's Secr Victoria's Secret. So all I needed to do was get from point A (V's S) to point B (GS).

While all my friends went into the store, I hung around the entrance, pretending to look at sweatshirts that no mortal could possibly fit in. I was half-tempted to ask a salesperson if the sweatshirts came in 3X small; saying that I could still breathe if I tried really hard in a small.
    I guess all the smart people bought the human-sized clothes.
    Oh well. Not like I'd pay fourty bucks for something I don't wear. Coast was clear, time to flee to GameStop.

So I did.

The Pack didn't notice until about an hour later (what the hell? The store was not that big.), and by that time I had gone to GameStop, bought a few games, went to the food court and got a burger, went to a f.y.e. and bought a shinai (bamboo practice sword; had to pick it up on the way back because GOD FORBID I snap and attack someone in a mall where there's a lot of people. I'm not THAT crazy), and was en route to Hot Topic when my phone went off.
    At the time I think my ringtone was "Sandstorm" from DDR. Yeah, I know, kinda...lame.
    I'm half Asian. There's my excuse for DDR ringtones.

In any case, here's the conversation.
    "Yeah."
    "Where are you?"
    "Umm...just outside Hot Topic. Why?"
    "Weren't you outsi-"
    "No."
    "But-"
    "I left because it's too pink and smells funny."
    "..."
    "What?"
    "So...where have you been this past hour?"
    "Around."
    "Like...?"
    "The mall."
    "Where, exactly?"
    "Food court, GameStop, f.y.e., almost Hot Topic. And before you even ask, no, I will not go into Aber-whatever. It nearly rivals Victoria's Secret's smell."
    "...Fine. I'll send Alice to you."
    "Awesome."
    "Don't buy out the whole store."
    "Bite me."
    "Rabies."

Click.

I don't use big sentences on the phone. I think I may have my phone more for music than talking.
    People thnk I should use it more for talking.
    What do I think?
    Aside from "Bite me", I'd have to get back to you on that, I just finished putting the last of Rise Against's "The Sufferer and the Witness" on said phone.

And see, this is what I mean by "mentally unstable".
    I don't think logically.
    Nor will I ever.
    Too much work, y'know?
    Insanity's a lot more fun. You can make up your own reality and use it to twist other people's realities.
    ...I think that's enough for now.
    'Till next time.