Gay Marriage: Should it be allowed

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Nuff' Said, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuff' Said Banned

the bit@@y cu@@ of a pageant queen inspired me to set this debate. my opinion is that it should be allowed.
    1st off. marriage is about love not gender.
    2nd. freedom of religion. its the da@n christians and catholics that are having the idea of dictating people's religions and beliefs.
    [ not all christians and catholics]. The gays, lesbians, and bis shouldnt have to follow your fu@@ing religions.and thats all i have 2 say. im very sorry for my language.

2. Cyanide King's Apprentice

Let them get married. I'm sure most homosexuals would like to have their union blessed and overseen by God, but if the priests are unwilling to marry them, they deserve civil marriage at the very least.

3. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

It's funny, doesnt it breech church and state laws to not let them marry? I mean, they cant deny people marriage because of the religous views, right? They have as much rights as hetrosexuals do.

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Let them get married, i don't give a shit about it. Seeing how my parents fight almost constantly makes maraige look terrible. If that's what married life is like, they can have it and i'll just be engaged to a girl i like.

5. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

I am soo sick and tired of the constant debate and crying that it brings, i say just let them do what they want, it doesn't concern me in the least bit, i just want to stop hearing sbout it soon.

6. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Agreed.

It's the most irrelivant debate i've heard in my life. There's more important crap in there world; but noooooo we have focus on tow fucking people of the same gender who want to have a stupid legal paper; but in the end it ruins the relationship anyway.

Marraige is an institution, just like Alkatraz.

7. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

Yes, it is, and someday i do want to kinda get married but to a girl that i really like.....
    And you're right, i think that there are other arguments like the whole GodS(s) Vs, No Gods Debates that are more important than this one....jeez people are so stupid sometime.....

8. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Umm, you are completely missing the point. Marriage grants the couple dozens of rights which unmarried couples do not have. Those who are against gay marriage are denying rights to couples who are in love.

9. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I'm saying to let them do the shit they want, i don't care. It's not important to me!

10. Fracture Sαlαmαndєr ™

Ya, i am just so fed up with it that they can do whatever they want, as long as i don't have to ge involved with it...

11. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a communist.

Then they locked up the social democrats,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
    I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    I did not speak out;
    I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)

12. Farore Destiny Islands Resident

How does expressing her beliefs after being asked what she thought of gay marriage make her a b*tchy c*nt? It's not like there was a right or wrong answer to the question. Perez Hilton, being the queermo he is, is the only reason anyone is butthurt over her response. Had it not been him asking the question, the media coverage on her response would've ended days ago.

Also, God hates dirty hell bound ******s.

13. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Are you actually trying to campare this debate to the holocaust. Yes the Holocaust was tragic and hopefully nothing like it ever happens again. However this debate isn't as tragic as you're trying to put it;that's a false analogy.

14. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

I am making the point that just because a single event does not affect you directly it doesn't mean you should be apathetic.

Also, what he said V

15. jafar custom title

You're missing the ****ing point. It means speak up for the rights of those who you are not, because when they don't have rights, there will be nobody left that can't speak up for you when you are in danger of losing your rights.

16. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Fine, i'm tired of this stupid debate. I'll agree just because I don't wanna fight.

that my friends is called surpression.

17. Near-to-Tears Hollow Bastion Committee

Well the Church has a problem with it because it is actually written in the Bible that it's a sin, unnatural etc. Though I don't agree that it's wrong, I don't understand why people have so much trouble with it. However I guess you must understand that it's something most have been brought up thinking its evil and wrong, so I guess they're going to believe it above anything else seeing as it's been ground into the fabric of their belief and thought. Not that I'm condoning it at all, it's closed minded and rather ignorant. No matter what there will always be love; but you can't choose who falls in love with who. And as love is meant to be the basis of a marriage then it shouldn't matter what the gender of the couple is. And the Church, certainly the Catholic one, can't say that as marriage is designed for creating a family and same-sex couples can't pro-create it's wrong as Mother Teresa, one of the most important Catholic figures of the 20th Century, was trying to promote adoption.

On a legal stand-point I don't see the point of putting off Same-Sex Marriage. It'll obviously increase the marriage rate, which may not be a good thing after a point I suppose but I'm not too sure of the legal stuff surrounding marriage. But why should a group of people have restricted Civil Rights because of being different from the society they live in's "ideal" person. In fact using that point you can easily compare Gay Marriage not being permitted as the Jim Crow Law's from the Deep South in the early 20th Century that prevented inter-racial marriages.

So my opinion is that just let them get married, it isn't going to hurt anyone and it's infringement of their civil rights if you don't really.

18. Zexion King's Apprentice

Gay marriage..???
    that's a weird thing i've ever heard..
    it's an illegal marriage, right?

19. Cyanide King's Apprentice

Depends on the place. In a lot of the states in America, it's illegal.

20. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

That's a good quote and I'm in total agreement.

Here's another quote that I'm sure some of you will agree with.
    "-How do you feel about Gay Marriage?
    -First of all, I believe all marriage is wrong"

I saw a lesbian marriage on a tv show once and the person overseeing it said "God is in joy when two people, ANY two people fall in love"
    That's the way I see it. Maybe the Bible does say it's a sin. But I don't believe everything the BIble says (YEs i'm a Christian, but unlike most, I"m openminded) I don't believe the Bible has ALL the information we need, I don't believe what that everything it says is true. Unless God himself wrote the Bible, how is that one book supposed to survive all this time without losing information, changing informatin and maybe gaining false information?

As long they love each other, what's the problem? Even if they don't love each other, what's the problem? How many married couples right now truly love each other? If gay marriage becomes legal, the marriage rate and the divorce rate will both rise. Well big motherf*ckin deal! I don't see what the big deal about that, it's just a number. Unless successful marriages are economically valuable to the country, marriage shouldn't matter to the rest of the country or the world for that matter.
    I think more marriages will actually benefit everybody.
    Two people get married, have a ceremony, and they have to hire caterers, priest, etc. Those pople get paid.
    The couple divorces? Well all those people still get paid, now lawyers get paid, and the couple loses a lot of money in the divorce. Good, now they learned not to rush into marriage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.