Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (E3 Trailer)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Mike Chaser

Hey everyone, E3 has started today and a trailer for the English version has surfaced with some selected scenes from the Japanese version. Make sure you guys check out the trailer below, it's defiantly worth the view. I'm sure many of you heard about this already. I'm a couple hours behind due to not having computer access. By the way, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days is set for release on September 29th in North America.

As more news comes in, we'll keep you updated. Lastly, the second video below is the fanmade promotion that I worked on with my team. Take a look back and a new installment will be ready as we get more footage.

Source: Thanks to Atiragrame3, ~Ambrosia~ and Coy197 for letting me know.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Mulder's Heart
      Mulder's Heart
      I loved the trailer!! ^.^
    2. Luminey
      Luminey
      OMG i saw it cuz i DVR'd it :P

at first i thought Xion's voice sounded like namine, but after a half a second i was all like HELL YES!!!

i wanna kno why roxas was all= :O at her!! but i still don't want to ruin the game for me >_<
    3. Brisk
      Brisk
      Xion's voice... er, no. Sorry, I'm just not as into it as I want to be. After playing 358/2 Days it totally suits her character but also is a bit too withheld. The way she develops, she should be a lot more bombastic by the time the scenes in the trailer roll around. It's tolerable though, seeing as the rest of the VA is phenomenal.
    4. Ultimecia
      Ultimecia
      Thanks for the update Mike.

Nice trailer, but Xion's voice is verrrrry irritating.
    5. Tikem
      Tikem
      Am I the only one who actually likes Xion's VA, Alyson Stoner?
    6. Speyeker
      Speyeker
      It was an alright trailer, I admit, but some of the dialogue--particularly at the beginning--was just too narmy for my tastes.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Narm

This seems to be common with a lot of the dialogue in the KH series, or at least the stuff shown in trailers. It's all cryptic and doesn't tell us much. Perhaps it all works out in the end once you know everything, but this tactic is just being used ad nauseam, to the point that it's becoming laughable.
    7. Explode
      Explode
      This is so b****in'! I wasn't expecting to hear english voices for a while. It did seem a bit cheesy in some parts, but I'm pretty sure that they did that audio quickly for the sake of the trailer.

And Christopher Lee's back as DiZ; that's probably the best part :D
    8. xkh2x
      xkh2x
      OMG JESSE MCCARTNEY IS BACK! YAY!
      I love it when Xion talks at 1:00 - 1:02, it sounds good :D
      she also does the hair flick :)
      Oh, and is Namine's still Brittany Snow or camp rock girl?

Thanks Mike!!
    9. r3troRoxel
      r3troRoxel
      What does Saix mean by 'Which would you rather suffer the loss of - a make-believe friendship... or a real one?'

Is he talking about Axel's friendship with Xion and Roxas, or Axel's friendship with Roxas and his 'friendship' with the Organization?
    10. theogary
      theogary
      Christopher Lee! And Jesse McCartney! AND CHRISTOPHER FREAKIN' LEE!!!!!!!!! AAAHHH!!!!! :bounce:
      Wow this trailer made my whole day. I can't wait for September now.
    11. kngdmhrts2
      kngdmhrts2
      Oh man it still gets me hyper everytime i watch this...saw it live when they first showed it at E3 when i was on GameSpot...

and i was like "OMG NO WAY ENGLISH!!"...wait....*remembers post i did in earlier news post*...oh thats right i was hoping for something english in the first place, oops, lol.

Should of seen my friend when I told her about the trailer and how everyone was back doing the same voices again...especially Jesse Mccartney, once i told her that she almost hit her head against the low slanting ceiling in my room xD
    12. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ
      Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ
      I didn't mind Xion's voice, though for Kairi in ReCoM her original VA would have been better.

Christopher Lee= Awesome

Jesse Mccartney = Awesome

Quinton Flynn = Awesome

And while some of it is cheesy, it doesn't even begin to compare to Sora in KH1 (Kairi's inside me?!).

We should be thankful we even have voice acting and full cutscenes on the DS at all.
    13. Dark Link
      Dark Link
      wow so thats how Xion sounds awesome! :D Thank you mike
    14. *dancewaterdance*
      *dancewaterdance*
      I watched this a few times last evening. I get so excited and hyper every time I see it! I'm actually okay with Xion's voice, although it did throw me off a little after hearing her Japanese voice so much. And I am definitely glad that most of the voice actors seem to be returning.
    15. Egypt
      Egypt
      Thank Mike. I really like Xion's voice it suit her. I'm glad that all the VA are coming back. I can't tell if that Lee voice doing DIz or the one that did in RE:com. But any way I been watching the video all the time I realy like it.
    16. ~The Rising Falcon
    17. Mish
      Mish
      Xion's voice is fine, imo.

But does anyone else think Axel sounded totally robotic? :|
    18. Forever Love
      Forever Love
      OMG, yes! 8D

Jesse McCartney! *squeal* I'm so glad he's back as Roxas! I was very ecstatic after finding this out. I was looking forward to hearing him to make sure he voiced Roxas again, and now that I have, I want this game even more!

Alyson Stoner does a good job, surprisingly. I mean, I didn't really expect her to, especially with someone as important and essential as Xion. And Xion's name is pronounced differently than I expected. I thought it was Zee-on, not Shee-on. Dx

Quintion Flynn = epic. I absolutely love his voice. But I like the original tone he had with Axel, like in KHII; it flowed better and didn't sound so...rehearsed, I guess. In this trailer, he sounds like he did in RE: CoM...robotic, like Mish said.

Speaking of the voices, I noticed that the lips didn't match up with the words being spoken here. Are they going to change that before it's released in North America? RE:CoM was like that, and it was kind of distracting. I at least hope they change it here...

Regardless, this game is going to be epic. I cannot wait for this. September isn't that far away, so hopefully I won't go crazy from waiting. Thanks for the information, Mike!
    19. Explode
      Explode
      It's pretty much impossible to read, but I still think it's kind of cool that the scenes going on in the backround have English text :D