Birth by Sleep Roxas & Ven (Spoilers from Days are Mentioned)

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by Mike, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Mike Chaser

[​IMG]

Alright, as I'm updating the main page with those new scans early last week, I've been annoyed about how much Ven looks like Roxas. So, I'm not the only one who thinks that. It's obvious that all of us think that. I mean, Ven has the same exact height, same eyes, same detailed hair color and almost the same clothes as Roxas. Nomura confirmed and said that these two characters are very different, but I don't know. I almost feel that he's just saying that.

I feel that it all connects. Roxas getting his name from Xemnas was one reason why I was getting this idea in my head. I mean what was his name first? I thought about that and then I wasn't sure. Roxas was born when Sora became a heartless. So it wouldn't make sence. Do we know for sure who the "friend" was? I thought it's Ven, but I wasn't sure because some other members said it was Aqua. It's obvious that we won't see Aqua, Terra and Ven again, right? These characters must have changed during that time period between Birth By Sleep and Kingdom Hearts: I.

As for Terra, he seems to appear like either Xigbar or Xemnas. Terra seems to be the one that is going after Master Xehanort the most. Seems a little odd? What about Aqua? Apparently she is a honor student and is very caring and trustworthy from the other two. While I translated that, the word "witch" came into play.

So, what do you think? Anything we can do to put the clues together and add it all up (laughs)? I just thought I would make an interesting thread. I'm interested in hearing what you guys think.

2. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

He didn't have a name.
    A nobody normally goes by their name of their other since they have the memories of their other, until they are entered into the Organization. Since Roxas didn't have any memories of Sora he had no name to go by.

3. Mike Chaser

Well that's what I was thinking, it jsut doesn't make sense why he made these two look the same.
    What about Namine? They never showed her getting her name.

4. Shift Chaser

You might as well take in fact that Ven is connected to Sora's memories, as Xion reflects his image for Xemnas and Xigbar.
    How they're connected though, there's no way to know.
    But it's safe to assume that it has something to do with what Master Xehanort did to him.

And about Terra, he even fought Sora in Sunset Horizons, but for some reason didn't care/know about someone called Xehanort was running around, even though he seens to hate MX, i mean, he attacked Sora because he thought he was Xehanort.
    So, what could have possibly happened that didn't let him know about what was happening in outside worlds?
    I mean, unless that was a Time Portal in DC it doesn't explains why he doesn't know about the heartless/nobodies/Xemnas...

5. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

That's the million dollar question we all want to know lol
    But I have a feeling that the heart unlocker may be the key to why Namine and Roxas look the way they do.
    Well we can only guess there. But I've heard the idea that Marluxia named her Namine (Which means waves or something related to water) as a reference to Kairi whose name also is related to water.

6. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

That's the million dollar question we all want to know lol
    But I have a feeling that the heart unlocker may be the key to why Namine and Roxas look the way they do.
    Well we can only guess there. But I've heard the idea that Marluxia named her Namine (Which means waves or something related to water) as a reference to Kairi whose name also is related to water.
    [edit]
    Hey some delete this, my bad. My computer started acting odd and I had to go off online. I thought it might cause a double post and it did. Whoops

7. daggerd Traverse Town Homebody

i think i know

maybe Sora was turned into a heartless when he was young or maybe ven is the
    unversed of sora and roxas
    i also think aqua is the unversed form of either kairi or xion(proberbly kairi since the name simmalarities) and terra is the unversed of axel

8. krayzie Lionhart

they look the same
    i was really disappointed by that
    i understand that it might represent a connection but it was still disappointing

9. TheVader74 Gummi Ship Junkie

Someday, this will all seem so obvious, we'll laugh at it.

Ok Let me think things through. Sora loses his heart, and thus, becomes a Heartless. While this happens, his Body and Soul are transported through the Dark Corridors, and end up in Twilight Town as Roxas. Sora in Hollow Bastion is returned to his human form by Kairi, who returns his heart to him, and thus we get Sora back. However, at this stage, Sora is basically just a heart. No body or soul. He remains in this status until KH2, where he is reunited with Roxas, thus becoming a complete being again.

Where can Ven come into the equation that would affect the appearance of Roxas and fit in this timeframe. I have a theory.

We see Ven on Destiny Islands, asking (presumably) Aqua, to "Erase [him]". In this case, he is erased, and is left as just a soul (I'm drawing this theory from TWEWY. Play it and you'll understand what I mean), which would get drawn into the Dark Corridors. This is where it would remain for 10 years. Then Sora's Body and Soul comes along. There is some connection between Sora and Ven that draws them together, thus replacing the soul inside Sora's body with Ven's. Sora's soul would then rejoin Sora wit his heart via Kairi. I do not believe that Sora was just a walking heart for a year. Something would have needed to support it.

This probably has a few loopholes, but whatever, just my shrewd ideas on the matter. However, I was right about Xion, so I'm hoping I have the same run of luck.

10. Mike Chaser

I was thinking along those lines, but you seemed to nail a good theory. It's the only thing that would make sense. That image that I added was on purpose. I knew it was the scene where he asked to be erased. You tied the connections and that's the only way that Ven and Roxas could look so much alike. Roxas and Ven have the whole different personality, but it's so clear that their body is the same. It's just woud make sense when Ven was erased which later became Roxas. The connection would go further than that. Xemnas and Master Xehanort have some kind of connection. We know that Xigbar does, so that old friend" has to point out to Ven. There were so many reasons why they got Roxas to join the Organization. Roxas is with someone that's from the past, Ven's empty shell?

11. snowboi Merlin's Housekeeper

remember that Ven, Terra and Aqua's story occurs be4 sora begins his journey.
    and when Ven, Terra and Aqua were still 'alive', sora is just a kid. During Ven's time, he shouldn't be a Nobody or Heartless or soul. when sora turned into a heartless, Roxas appear as his nobody. but how is it link to Ven? i really dont understand.lol.

12. daggerd Traverse Town Homebody

when ven died his body and soul went to the dark corridors later when sora's nobody went there before taking shape it got mixed up with ventus's and took shape of ven's body

13. DjC Chaser

Well this is my perspective on the whole "Ven/Roxas" thing. I do believe they are the same person. So Nomura said that they had different personalities, that really doesn't neccessarily mean that they can't be the same person. I'm gonna say this in short and not very detailed:

Someone had to be the "Vessel" for Ven's heart. Terra chooses Riku to be the Vessel and Keyblade Wielder but what happeneds is Sora ends up the Keyblade Wielder but also the Vessel to Ven's heart . This is why Terra was confused and upset in KH2FM when he tells Sora "You aren't the one I have chosen?!". In KH1, Sora slays himself with "The Keyblade that unlocks peoples hearts". Now I think you know where this is going, Ven's heart was released and Xemnas must've been planning this to happen (I don't have a theory on this but I'm working on it). Xemnas goes to Ven and fools him into thinking he is a nobody, giving him the nobody name of Sora with an X, Roxas. This is why everyone thinks Roxas has a heart because he does, or half a heart? (He could be sharing a heart with Sora? I really haven't thought everything out yet, my apologies..). Also, Ven's memory could've been tampered with when Namine was fixing Sora or by Xemnas or maybe someone else? That's what I've come up with so far, any help on this theory or ideas would be most appreciate. Let me know what ya guys think :3

14. AxelRikkuconnection Twilight Town Denizen

Wow this really gets you thinking.

I like the theory a couple of posts up. It makes a lot of sense. But we are missing a link. We know the link is after Ven dies because he is the earliest ancestor (we know). I'm pretty sure the game will explain what happens to his "soul" and how it connects to roxas. I have a feeling it attaches itself to sora before he becomes a heartless and when he is a heartless and Roxas is created, like said above, he takes the shape of Ven. But the way their personalities are different is because he was still part of soras heart. If this makes sense i think....

ROXAS = Vens Appearance + Soras Personality

15. xXInnerUniverse358 Moogle Assistant

it makes sence a bit? so far all the theorys typed down make sence its just it seems there is something missing in the sence of how roxas and ven are related, but so far on what ive read and tought about we could all agree that its not only roxas and ven involve but sora now has became part of this loop, also we mostly all agree the connection betweens these characters must have happend around the time when vens soul was in the Dark Corridors, sora was to becoming a heartless and his nobody was being created...(ahh my head even chemistry is eaisier than this -_-)

16. Invader Jack Twilight Town Denizen

You're right, Ven does have clothes that are very similar to those of Roxas. But if you look carefully, you can see that they're sort of half Roxas and half Sora. One side of Ven's jacket is black and reminds me a lot of Sora's hoodie. Also, on just that one side, he has a shoulder protector, and Sora's hoodie has shoulder protectors in KHII. The other side is white and looks like Roxas' jacket. The pants have the squarish silver material on the front (don't know how to describe it better XD) like Roxas' pants, but they're the same shape as Sora's. If you look at the length, you will see that it is right in between the length of Sora's pants and Roxas' pants. The shoes are right in between the styles of Sora's shoes and Roxas' shoes. And the wrist band has white on the outside. This may just be solely for the purpose of making it opposite to Roxas' wrist band, which has black on the outside, but maybe it is supposed to be sort of like Sora's gloves in KHII, which, if you look closely, have white on the very edge. But also, Sora's gloves are white in KHI, so it could just be that as well! Here are pictures so you can compare between the three!

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ventus_Render.png

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s210/soraandrikulover103/kingdom_hearts_2_sora_01.jpg

http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/File:Roxas-2.jpg

I thought Roxas' first name was Sora, and then Xemnas just added the "X?" Remember the scene in KHII:FM?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3Qk_sNZBkU

I still think Terra has a connection with Riku since "terra" is Latin and "riku" is Japanese for "land." However, it may be more distant than Aqua's connection with Kairi and Ven's connection with Roxas, since I can find almost no physical resemblance between Terra and Riku. Also, Mike, whenever you said that the word "witch" came into play in the translation, it made me think of Naminé. I wonder if this mean's we'll learn more about Naminé and her connection with Aqua?

One last thing, Mike: This probably isn't significant or anything, and everybody else probably saw this already, but I just noticed for the first time that in the picture you posted, when you look at the background, it looks like Ven and Aqua (because of course you can see her shadow) are on the main island of Destiny Islands where the town is, rather than the island where the kids play... I wonder why they're there?

Naminé's name actually has a double meaning. First, the obvious one, is that "nami" is the Japanese word for "ocean wave," which goes with Kairi's name, since "kai" means something along the lines of "sea" in Japanese. But also, her name comes from the Latin word "nomine," which means "by the name of." "Nomen" means "name" in Latin. Isn't that cool? :D

17. daggerd Traverse Town Homebody

actually in 358/2 days it does reveal he has a heart but he says a heart cant be seen only felt

18. Lumpy Moogle Assistant

a quick thought

Going in line with Vader's theory and the Ven being erased thing.

What if, and I know we all heard this before, Ven is Sora's older brother?

We've no idea if Sora is a single child. And if Ven was Sora's brother but was erased by Aqua then the memories of him would dissapear right? That is if Aqua and Namine have the similar powers.

So noone would know he was gone or that he even existed.

And addressing Xemnas, the apprentice Xehanort suddenly appeared with no memory so maybe after the organization recruited Namine Xemnas had her restore his own true memories.

And given the fact that Terra and Xehanort look alike it's possible that Terra is Xehanort. But that leaves afew things unanswered doesn't it?

19. daggerd Traverse Town Homebody

hes remembered otherwise how would they be able to do the hole plan of creating roxas if they had forgotten about it

20. Mr. Pumpkin Hollow Bastion Committee

Maybe ven did something before he died or got "erased" to transfer his memories and maybe the power he still had onto little Sora. This power would then live in Sora's heart, and would later, when Riku and Kiru went missing, set free. In the picture where he asks to be erased he IS in the place were Sora lives. Maybe if I go by what Mike said, Aqua is some kind of good "witch", to use that dreadfull name (I mean, we don't know anything about her), and she did some spell to transfer Ventus his powers and memories. Then when Sora went heartless, the Nobody Roxas got created in the same body as Ventus because Sora holds memories of Ven without knowing it.
    But this is all speculation and are just guesses and theories.

Gah for all we know Ventus got friends with lil' Sora and Sora remembered his face.