Zoids: Duel

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Fayt-Harkwind, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Reposting this after a few mentions. I will also retrieve anyones OC's from the first time around if they want.

Based mostly on the basis of Zoids: New Century Zero but Zoids from any series can be used.

PLOT
    Zoid Battles, a popular competition on the world of Zi where teams combat each other for prize money and ranks using advanced mechanical combatants known as Zoids.
    As teams combat each other they learn skills, gain experiences and acquire new Zoids. Although battling isn’t always fair due to the Backdraft Group who fight by breaking the rules and stealing Zoids.

Due to the judges of the Zoid Battling Federation fights Rarely escalate to danger levels and combat can be kept in order, even when the Backdrafts Dark Judge takes over. Many rules and different types of battles can be fought due to the different rules allowed by the judges.

Will you fight fair as a member of a team or will you join the Backdraft Group and attack others?

RULES:
    1. Follow the rules of this site and section.
    2. Do not go beyond the boundaries of the Zoids.
    3. Don’t control others, don’t just finish each other off instantly either but make it so one of you wins otherwise we’ll be in the same fight forever.
    4. Put “Van’s Stomach Shirt” in the other section of your OC form.
    5. If you want to get a new Zoid after a while then just ask me via PM/VM.
    6. Remember to be literate and keep things to the boundaries of the shows reality.
    7. If you haven’t seen Zoids it doesn’t matter, you can ask me about it in VM/PM if needed.
    8. I have a link to a list of Zoids with images, if you want to see just ask via VM/PM.
    9. I’m only going to allow 3 teams of 3 at first then I’ll let others choose to join teams or make one of there own. First come first serve for making teams.
    10. You can have the same Zoid as someone else, there is more than one of every Zoid.

TEAMS:

1. Blitz Team (generation 2):
    -Leon Hunter/Fayt-Harkwind
    -Kyo/Exile0025
    -Issac Monroe/Asterisk

2. [insert name]
    -
    -
    -

3. [insert name]
    -
    -
    -

BACKDRAFT GROUP MEMBERS/TEAMS:
    1. Ragnarok Team:
    -Ardronak Kraus/Fayt
    -Tony Black/DS44
    -Vincent Vip/Dexnail

2. [Unnamed] Team:
    -Mons Auran/Fayt
    -
    -

-
    -
    -

OC FORM
    Username: (you know what goes here)
    Name: (Full name)
    Appearance: (pic or description)
    History/Bio: (information about the character)
    Personality: (there usual status or traits)
    Zoid: (What Zoid you use but don‘t go for something insane)
    Zoid Image: (use an existing Zoid image that is the same as your Zoid)
    Zoid other: (anything else about your Zoid)
    Team:
    Other: (anything else you want to add)
    Preview Post:

CHARACTERS

Username: Fayt-Harkwind
    Name: Leon Hunter
    Appearance: http://api.ning.com/files/3bVm*KB78...e7A37OzzU2mThmLjsxY7am6QYJq9Q19/anime_boy.jpg
    History/Bio: A B class Zoid pilot with a reputation for chess like strategies. He was once a Command Wolf pilot but in a battle with the Backdraft group it was destroyed beyond repair. Shortly afterwards he found a worn down Shadow Fox in the dessert and after finding a way to repair it he began to use it slowly upgrading it to a fully rebuilt Shadow Fox.
    Personality: Outside of a battle he is very quiet except for the odd comment on things that can either be serious or a quip. In battle his tactics are considered chess like as he plots ahead with his experience with Zoids.
    Zoid: Shadow Fox.
    Zoid Image: http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff72/Jounin_Master/ZOIDS/l_3826e9411803afed3b3a03d5b23b9319.png
    Zoid other: It has no modifications to it. Default weaponry only.
    Team: Blitz Team
    Other: He drinks a lot of tea.
    Preview Post: n/a

Name: Ardronak Kraus
    Appearance: http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/D/DA/DAR/DarkAngelAlchemist13/1199186522_otAnimeGuy.jpg
    History/Bio: A bitter and cold man with a sense of honour. Not much is known about his past but it is known he became a high ranked member of the Backdraft Group through his skill in Zoid Battles.
    Personality: Always serious, bitter and cold at times yet always remains to have a sense of honour.
    Zoid: Geno Saurer
    Zoid Image: http://smilykid.com/Geno_Saurer1.jpg
    Zoid other: It is heavily customised for multi-combat purposes. It is stronger than a regular Geno Saurer but still holds its regualr weaponry.
    Team: Backdraft group - Ragnarok Team
    Other: He is basically one of the main villains.

Name: Mons Auran
    Appearance: Black hair, wears black goggles over his eyes and a standard Backdraft Group uniform.
    History/Bio: He is one of Ardronak’s henchmen. Not much is known about him other than that he is considered a skilled pilot in underwater types as much as he is with land types.
    Personality: Imagine a team rocket grunt personality.
    Zoid: Saber Tiger/Zaberfang
    Zoid Image: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/zoids/images/4/40/Saga2_Zaberfang.png
    Zoid other: standard weaponry.
    Team: Backdraft Group - Ragnarok Team
    Other: n/a

2. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Vans stomach shirt

Username: Deathsight44
    Name: Tony Black
    Appearance: http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx255/Adrian_the_Phoenix/1223801121_6653_full.jpg
    History/Bio: A just recently added member of the Team Ragnorak. He's had a pretty simple history, just being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and ended up joining with the wrong people. His skills though have earned him some what of a reputation though.
    Personality: He gets annoyed easily, and is a deep thinker. Around others he'll put on a fake personality, depending on who it is, just to get them to leave him alone quicker. People in general annoy him though, so unless he feels comforatable around a person, he doesn't waste his time. He also loves challanges, and hates to lose.
    Zoid: Zeekdober
    Zoid Image: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/zoids/images/thumb/3/3b/D1989009009.jpg/300px-D1989009009.jpg
    Zoid other: Standard weaponry (may change over time)
    Team: Backdraft group - Ragnorak Team
    Other: n/a
    Preview Post:Toxyn yawned, walking into the portal after them. "You'll be having your fun with her tommorow." he said, looking at all of the nobodies that had been defeated so easily.
    He threw to Xiyamae what looked like a set of keys. "You just got here. It'd be a better idea for you to rest then to go bollistic, I can assure you." he told her. "You and uh..." he said for a second, trying to remember Anna's name. "You and the girl go lock them up. There's a floor called the "parking" floor at the bottem of Home. Lock them up there, and once someone else comes by, then ask them for your quarters. I'm tired." Toxyn said, and started walking away. Though he knew Xiyamae had craved for excitement, he required his own buissness to attend to, so he decided to leave the girl on her own to see what she'd end up doing.

((Hope you don't mind, but I used an example from anouther thread of mine. I know that the preview post is to rat out the noobs and all, I just hate putting effort into something that is just for the bio to be accepted ><)

3. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Okie dokie, your in. And it's cool with the preview post, It's better to just copy pasta a post anyway XD

4. Dexnail Twilight Town Denizen

heya Fayt can you pleaze find my old bio because i really liked that one and i want to join this rp again :)

5. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
    Username:
    Ego Imperium

Name:
    Kelly Jacquelyn Foster

Appearance:
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/anime pilot girl/lilsyco_666/Anime Pics/24454.jpg

History/Bio:
    Even from an early age, Kelly was clear-cut to be a Zoid pilot, which was only to be expected, seeing as she had come off from a long line of them. This tradition had started long before she was born, when her ancestors took part in the war between the Guylos Empire, and the Helic Republic. The family, at the time, was split between the two factions, and constantly arguing, and fighting amongst one another. Yet they were also well-accomplished Zoid pilots, some of them among the best in the trade. There eventually came a point when the family would renounce either side, and become a team of mercenaries, all fighting for whichever faction offered them the best deals. And what’s more, this time, the family vowed to stick together.

Centuries passed by, and eventually, the husband-wife pair of Jason and Jacquelyn Foster made their debut upon the Zoid scene. These two would eventually make their name together as mercenary pilots, with a surprisingly unified front. When one was hired, the other would be considered hired as well, their motto being that the couple that fights together, stays together. Yet the couple was not fated to last forever. Jackie became pregnant with what docotrs confirmed would be a healthy daughter, but something went wrong in the pregnancy, and Jackie ended up dying due to birthing complications. As a result, her daughter, Kelly, would live out her life with her father.

Partly for the sake of his daughter’s future, and partly for the sake of his wife’s memory, Jason began to prime Kelly into a Zoid pilot. At first, it wasn’t apparent that she would be any good at the trade, and her father had tried testing her with just about every Zoid that he could think of. She attempted to pilot Gunsnipers, and failed to do so. She attempted to pilot Liger class Zoids, and again, she failed in doing so. After a while, her father was ready to give up in his futile attempts to turn his daughter into what his wife once was. But he found reprieve one day at festival of sorts. Thousands of Zoids, and their pilots were gathered for an exposition, and among them, the best of the aerial pilots of the day. These Zoids, flying far above the rest, caught Kelly’s attention more than any other, and even her father noticed this intrigue.

At that point, he knew that she was to be a pilot of a flier of some sort or another, and with what money he had left, bought a Reynos for her first personal Zoid. IN this, she would excel, reaching an early level of skill that would foreshadow her future days in the family business of mercenary work.

Little has changed of Kelly since those days, other than that she is a far more accomplished pilot these days. Her Reynos was shot down two years ago in a battle against a Backdraft team. But fortunately, she still managed to defeat the one Zoid that had done it by allowing the Zoid to crash into it. Whether the pilot of the other Zoid survived the crash, she never knew, though she has always hoped that he, or she, was still alive in order to have a rematch against her. These days, she pilots a new Zoid, still aerial, and far more advance than the old Reynos.

Personality:
    Kelly’s personality is the product nurture as opposed to nurture, though most peoples’ personalities are the same way. One could say that she has been affected by being raised by her father, but on the same token, had her mother raised her, she may have ended up the same way as it is. Her attitude isn’t really feminine, as many may be apt to think, given her appearance. Her actions are reflective of the average tomboy. She tends to lean towards the stereotypical “masculine†activities, rather than doing what she believes most other women would rather be doing. When it comes right down to, she is though, fun-loving, and at times, judgmental of others, even those that she has close friendship with.

Zoid:
    Gil Vader

Zoid Image:
    http://zoids.wikia.com/wiki/File:Gilvader.jpg

Zoid Other:
    The Gil Vader is the third largest Zoid in known existence, and is also the widest, having a wingspan of 36.7 feet. Half of its length is made up by its tail, and its neck also makes up a fair deal of its length. The overall form of the Zoid is that of a Wyvern-type creature, though some will assert that is more of a dragon than anything else. Nonetheless, it has an appearance unlike many other Zoids, being more of a mythical appearance, as opposed to a being mechanical looking.

Despite being so large, the Zoid is the fastest of its kind to ever be created, and is capable of high performance at exo-atmospheric altitudes.

The Zoid carries a vast array of powerful weapons upon it, which make it very formidable in battle, whether against other aerial Zoids, or against land going ones. The most powerful of these weapons are its quad Gravity Cannons, which create a local high level gravity field around opposing Zoids, damaging them by crushing them. Also among its arsenal are a set of Plasma Particle Horns, and Maser Horns. The most unique of its weapons are its Beam Smashers, a quartet of energy-based buzz-saws upon its wings, and back. They can be used for both melee, and long ranged use, either cutting opposing Zoids, or by projecting energy blasts.

In addition, the Gil Vader sports three power connector ports upon its backside, which allow additional weapons and equipment to be mounted upon it.

Team:
    Mercenary

Other:
    “Van’s Stomach Shirtâ€

Battle Theme –
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_4LQsWSsMM&feature=related

Preview Post:

The echoing sound of hard soled boots hitting against concrete flooring sounded through the hangar in the early hours of the morning. It was the only sound that could be construed by the silence that still hung over the space from the nighttime hours, and the time was that which came just before the first lights of day began to creep up from behind the mountains in the distant horizon. The boot sounds grew ever closer to the main vault of the hangar, where stood a behemoth of a flier, the Gil Vader, arguably the greatest flying Zoid of the ages. The dragon-esque mammoth of a Zoid held its place within the hangar with pride, and power, reflective of the might that it had long maintained on the battlefield. Yet at the same time, it was unimposing in its relaxation. It was a machine of…. Modest ambition, if such an idea could be imagined.

If no one else, the pilot of this Zoid was able to see its majesty through its frightening exterior. Kelly J. Foster, member of the now “Foster Family Mercenary Serviceâ€, entered into the hangar, tracking closely behind the rhythm of her military issue boots, which heralded her arrival in the darkened room. She stood in front of her prize, her friend through the last two years of her career, admiring its splendor, which she knew only she could fully fathom. It was her only love in her life, the companion that seemed to always pull through in those rough situations that no others had the guts, or time to take part in. For her, it had been eternal, and a lifesaver on so many occasions. Able eyes could construe all of this, simply by looking at her soft smile, as she looked up to the eyes of the Zoid, her eyes glimmering with her affection for it.

Her friendly, higher pitched voice spoke out through the dim light, and silence at the Zoid. Even if it couldn’t hear what she was saying, this was her custom for every morning, even before she used Gil Vader. “Well Gilly, we’ve got a great, long day ahad of use. Let’s give ‘em hell today!â€​

6. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Username: Dexnail
    Name: Vincent Vip
    Appearance: brown shaggy hair and green eyes, wears light brown cargo pants and an black shirt that has NIN written on the front, an silver rope chain around his neck
    History/Bio: Vincent havnt been a pilot for Zoids untell 3 months ago. His dad was an pilot but Vincent's father quit 25 years ago. He always had an dull life so he hopes being an zoid pilot will spice up his life. When his father heard about his son's decision Vincent got given his dad's stealth viper.
    Personality: likes to relax and hates to rush things, always has an sleepy appearance, hates fighting up close to his opponet,calm
    Zoid: shadow Stealth Viper
    Zoid Image: http://lost-android.deviantart.com/a...iper-112480284 but its black
    Zoid other: since Vincent hates fighting up close and like to relax he equiped an Camoflauge device that will let his Zoid blend into the environment, and he equiped an mine placer that sets remote mines underground. it still has the rapid fire guns like regular Stealth Vipers also since these zoids are normally used on sandy areas Vincent attached an drill to it so it could burrow through any surface
    Team: Ragnarok
    Other: always has an bag of skittles, "Vans stomach shirt"
    Preview Post:

Vincent heard the robot he let out an sigh "they probally want me to hurry up" he said to himself. He made the stealth viper drill start to rotate as the zoid had its head up then it dived down. The shadow stealth viper managed to get underground Vincent looked at his radar see his companions dealing with 2 opponets while one was not being bugged. "well off to work" Vincent said as he yawned as the zoid continued tunneling underground when Vincent was below the other zoid he rubbed his left eye. With a few seconds later Vincent pushed an button on the tail of the viper zoid it laid an mine that blinked and made an small noise. The stealth viper tunneled foreward getting away from the mine when the distance was right Vincent pressed the green button that was below the one he pressed earlier. A few moments later the mine exploded an fiary burst came out of the ground beneth the other zoid. The opponet's zoid started to fall in as the dirt it stood on began to crumble making it hite the bottom of the hole.

I can't accept it until you've finished it.

7. exile0025 Gummi Ship Junkie

Username:exile0025
    Name:Kyo
    Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/kyo/Lovetheresa02/koy.jpg?o=22
    History/Bio:A C class Zoid pilot with a reputation for getting over enthusiastic during battle.he had won his zoid in a bet made with someone at a cafe six months ago.he has since then upgraded it to endure long battles
    Personality: outside of battle he is laid back and can be childish at times,but knows when to be serious.he can be pretty knowledgeable about zoids
    Zoid: König Wolf
    Zoid Image:http://media.photobucket.com/image/konig wolf/Gaara221/Zoids/new_konig_wolf3.jpg?o=4
    Zoid other:has 2 optional equipment(CP-22 Dual Sniper Rifle)
    (CP-23 5-Shot Missile Pod)
    other stats can be viewed here
    http://zoids.wikia.com/wiki/Konig_wolf
    Team: Blitz Team (generation 2)
    if thats okay with you.
    Other: he usually spends his spare time sleeping or listing to music
    Preview Post:
    (i cant think of anything right now)

if anyone wants to look up anything about zoids you can go here
    http://zoids.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Zoids

8. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

ooc: Uh, not for nothing, but aren't the zoids to be a bit more reasonable? I mean, just saying, isn't that supposed to be one of the onse from the series that are practicly unbeatable? :/

9. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Accepted.

Also to add onto that list I have a link to the sprites from that GBA Zoids game so you can see them and also link to the pages linked in the link above.

Yeah, I was gonna wait for them to finish it so I could be picky and make them change stuff, it's a bit of fun for myself :lolface:

10. Dexnail Twilight Town Denizen

thank you fayt the king of awesomeness :)

11. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

You need to change the team your on btw.

12. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

Okay. My character/Zoid information is completed.

13. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

.________________. Damn, that's alot to read. Anywho, you need to change your zoid since it's god tier and I'll read the rest tomorrow.

14. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

How is it god tier?

15. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

Username: Asterisk
    Name: Issac Monroe
    Appearance: http://media.photobucket.com/image/a...yumuuu.jpg?o=4
    History/Bio: Born to a female Zoid arms trader and a male Zoid pilot with a knack for getting out of tough situations, the two were able to produce a fine man by the name of Issac Monroe.Growing up, Issac was always fascinated by Zoid battles but was too nervous to attempt to do it.But one day, when he was only seventeen, he went to see a match with his father and another player in the Zoid circuit ..only this member was a part of the backdraft group.

He won, not to Issac's surprise seeing as his father was very good with the Blade Liger of his.

But, after the match, the man climbed out of his ruined Zoid and pulled out a hand gun, shooting his father in the chest to pay for his embarrassing loss.His father was dead ..but the man was caught and the group responsible was now wanted by the law.It was then that hatred and rage built inside Issac, and he wanted to unleash it in a Zoid battle.His father taught him many of his maneuvers and Zoid abilities ..and in his will, the Black Impact Blade Liger was now his.

Two years later, Issac was an accomplished Zoid combatant and had joined up with the Blitz Team to increase his skills, as well as come across the group responsible for killing his father.
    Personality: Despite the pain and rage he still feels when thinking of the gunshot he heard, Issac is a generally friendly guy, but has a competitive attitude that tells you to watch yourself.He's not the ladies man type, though he may come off that way. His only interests so far include Zoid battling and acquiring new parts, little else.
    Zoid: Black Impact Blade Liger
    Zoid Image: http://smilykid.com/black impact blade liger.jpg
    Zoid other: Equipped with projection shield, standard thrusters, and two small laser cannons on the bottom.
    Team: Blitz Team
    Other: Van's stomach shirt

(( You didn't bring over my sample as well, but last time you liked it. Also, got another OC coming soon, just need more time to plan.))

16. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Taken straight from Zoids Wikia "Gilvader is depicted as the one of the most powerful Zoids in the fictional universe".

And Asterisk your gonna need to change your team, then again I might rearrange the teams before we start since the old OC characters seem to be getting muddled up with the new ones.

17. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

change my team? for what? Isn't the reservation for me?

18. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Nope. It's for DPWolf, we're trying to figure out some stuff then she might join, for now it's reserved but if she doesn't join you can have her spot unless I change that other guy's team since technically you did mention the RP first to me in VMs.

19. Asterisk NO WONT LET YOU

Not to mention I actually joined the first time, as well as with the Blitz team.

I'll wait and see.

20. Ego Imperium Twilight Town Denizen

Hence why my character is labeled as a mercenary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.