New Okamiden scans

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Korra, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/28817/

Links were broken, scans on page. >:

What I find interesting here is that Yomigami is shown but there are three new gods that appear to be...penguins?
    And Yomigami seems to have things like Ninetail's puppets coming from him (compare the scan to this)
    It would also appear (from the second scan) that Chibiterasu talks to the things on Yomigami.

It would also appear that Old Man Orange and Moshi's mother are still in their respective places, so my guess would be that there are probably similar minigames (such as turnip digging).

I would also assume that the huge toad monster is the first boss, though how it ties in to Okami's tradition of Japanese mythology I have not looked up yet. But as an interesting note it's eyepatch is a monetary coin.

I'm still looking forward to this game. It's still TBA, but apparently will be announced/released this year.

Image gallery

Video gallery

2. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

wolfie, the first two links dont work (or might be just me)

but yes i am totally stoked for this game. it will be a reason to pick up my DS again. If Chibiterasu turns out to be Ammys son then Oki needs a daughter D;

3. Xaale Sylph of Hope

The first two links aren't working for me, I dunno if it's just my comp or the actual links O:

Edit: Alright working xD

Yeah, those do look like Penguins. And yeah, I wonder if those are puppets too, they do look sort of like the tails of Ninetails. They could be smaller gods of his though, maybe Rejuvination has something new that they show you? Iunno.

Also I'm gonna search around for a toad with a eyepatch in mythology and see what I can find?

4. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Fix'd, for some reason the first two links were broken. .-.

Well...given that there's penguin-esque gods we might get to Wep'keer and Oki. But yeah. xD

5. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

daaaaaaaaaawwww i already love those penguins D: i thought they were owls at first xD

but those puppets look more like seahorses.

well i know for sure what the theme of the game is going to be: yougins all around

6. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I think I got it, it may possibly be a reference to Gama-Sennin, which is based off the Chinese legend of Chan Chu, the Money Toad.
    That'd be my best bet so far.
    Maybe we'll get to go to other worlds? I know for Okami they wanted to include a section of Sei-An City that was "Western", and the architecture and manner of speaking was different.

Yeah, maybe, like they're sort of with you and give you tips or test you on remembering the brush strokes?

As did I, but considering they seem to be sliding on something I'd say penguins. xD

Yeah...that better not make it suck though, like Loony Toons Babies, no thanks.

7. Xaale Sylph of Hope

Oh god that would fail ; ;