Birth by Sleep KH2 Drive Forms and BBS Theory*Spoilers?*

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX' started by AsanoHa, Jan 18, 2010.

1. AsanoHa Merlin's Housekeeper

I was just thinking about the different Drive Forms from KH2 and what they're all supposed to mean and it struck me that they may have a connection to Ventus and Vanitas.

At the end of BBS we know that Vanitas has more than likely been reabsorbed into Ventus' heart and that for whatever reason this has caused Ventus' heart to now sleep within Sora's heart. If Vanitas was indeed reabsorbed into Ventus and not simply destroyed, than somewhere inside Sora Vanitas still resides.

In KH2 the Sleeping Beauty Fairies awaken the Drive Form ability within Sora allowing him attain new forms and powers which relate to his relationships with other characters (Valor=Goofy, Wisdom=Donald, Master=Mickey, etc.) Well Sora has two unique forms in Final and Anti. The first represents he and Roxas coming together as one being and the second is an influence from Sora's time as a Heartless.

OK take the next step with me cuz it might be a bit of a leap. Roxas clearly has a strong connection with Ventus. They look and sound the same and apparently have similar taste in color schemes though beyond that we don't know the nature of their connection. Additionally we know that Vanitas is either the first Unversed or at least the reason they exist. The Unversed seem, to me anyways, to be some sort of proto-Heartless experiment by Master Xehanort. They appear in many similar or analogous forms (Shadow, Soldier, and Large Body in particular seem to have Unversed analogs), both are created due to the machinations of one Xehanort or another, and both feed of darkness/negative emotions/evilness/etc.

OK ready for the theory? By tapping into Final Form, Sora interacts with the part of him that is Ven through Roxas and conversely, Anti-Form is due to, or at least related in some way to the remaining influence of Vanitas whose existence is close to a Heartless. So far, little has been said in game about Sora's time as a Heartless and what affect it has had on him and I would venture that, with the revelation of Vanitas and his connection to Ven/Sora, this is going to figure prominently in the next game. I'm personally hoping that Final Form will evolve in the next game with Sora gaining an armor similar to Ven's and that Anti-Form will become that Dark Form-esque muscle suit thing that Vanitas and Riku wear. I think that, in this way, Sora will now be tested by the Darkness that resides in his heart on his quest to restore Ven. This new Dark Form will be a significant temptation to the player to use because it's so strong but there will be some gameplay penalty for overuse and will thus be superseded in the end of the game by the armor.

Thoughts? Feelings? Emotions?

2. Captain Hero Hollow Bastion Committee

It's plausible. The forms were never explained TOO in-depth in KH2, so they could throw this in. And it's got a lot of possibilities worked into it. But I don't know how I feel about Sora being able to use darkness. It just doesn't seem like it would be very fluent of Nomura.

3. AsanoHa Merlin's Housekeeper

I see what you mean but I think it would be good for Sora to grow a little in this way. He's always more or less ignored the Darkness in his heart and in Anti-Form he's overwhelm by what remains there so its something to explore.

4. .:Xigbar:. Twilight Town Denizen

Personally I don't think the anti form has anything to do with Vanitas, if Sora never turned into a heartless, then he wouldn't even be able to use the anti form.

I think it's just a side effect of becomming a heartless at one point, nothing more.

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I kind of agree with this.
    While I can see that it's possible for Sora to use Darkness, I just don't find Kingdom Heartsy.
    Besides, that's Riku's thing.

Anti-form is because Sora became a Heartless. Sora is either the only one who ever came back from being a Heartless (without having his Nobody defeated) or one of the rare few.
    Why Ven's heart didn't also make a heartless, I don't know.
    Maybe Ven's heart didn't just go into Sora, maybe it merged with Sora's, so Ven doesn't exist anymore?
    Or, more likely, Ven has no darkness in his heart, Like Kairi's. Or it could even be that instead of making a Heartless, it went from Sora's heart to Kairi's when released and Kairi used that to make Sora come back?
    I don't know, off topic, but it's been bugging me.
    another off topic matter, why doesn't Kairi and the other Princesses go around hugging all Heartless? Let's bring some people back.

6. AsanoHa Merlin's Housekeeper

I'm not saying that Anti-Form in necessarily due to Vanitas but if he's in there, somewhere inside Sora, then Anti-Form could be a way for him to exert control.

7. .:Xigbar:. Twilight Town Denizen

Didn't MX create Vanitas from the darkness in Ven's heart? Maybe I'm missing something from after Ven beat Vanitas but I'm sure Ven did have darkness in his heart.

8. AsanoHa Merlin's Housekeeper

Hmm that's a pretty interesting theory! At least I'm getting some support about the Vanitas/Anti-Form connection!

9. Arch Mana Knight

Drive forms are just a gimmick made to make the game more fun. It makes the most sense. You have your basic Strength, Magic, and Mixed-focused classes forms. ...With an added "Uber" (Final Form) and "dark" (Anti) form added for ...balance technically. Light and dark. Final and Anti. I don't think they're too important. Just ideas used to add depth to gameplay.

10. .:Xigbar:. Twilight Town Denizen

Why would Vanitas be the one who let Sora regain human form?

I think Vanitas just went back to being the dormant darkness in Ven's heart after he was beaten.

11. AsanoHa Merlin's Housekeeper

I doubt that. There was to much build-up of his mysterious identity in the marketing campaign and his reveal in the game itself was too big a moment for to never show up again or have anymore significance.

12. renteka-bond Traverse Town Homebody

I agree with this, Though I do believe that Final Form and Anti-form have a canonical purpose.

Plus did anyone notice the color scheme they Used?

Valor: Red, Wisdom: Blue, Master: Yellow, Final: White, Anti - Black

Red,Blue,Yellow = Primary Colors
    White = All colors combined (Or all friends)
    Black = No Colors (Or no friends)

I though that was pretty clever + it explains why they didn't use Green or Purple or Orange.

13. AsanoHa Merlin's Housekeeper

Well that's kind of my point... They clearly have SOME kind of meaning to the story and with the revelation of Ventus and maybe Vanitas being inside Sora's heart AND that the next Kingdom Hearts game is likely going to be deeply tied in with BBS...

That IS interesting! I never looked at it that way before.

14. Kyubi the Keyblade Master Twilight Town Denizen

That's what I think, too.

I'm now baffled by what happened when Sora became a Heartless. Either Sora released his own heart, or he released Ven's heart. I'm leaning more toward his own heart being released because Roxas has Ven's likeness, so my guess is that Sora's "empty shell" still had Ven's heart.
    I also think that Final Form came around through Sora's connection with Ven's heart/Roxas. Anti-Form definitely seems to have resulted from Sora's time spent as a Heartless, but that's what confuses me. He's not a Heartless anymore, so how is it possible for that kind of darkness to overwhelm him whenever he tries to use a Drive Form?

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I still say you're reading too much into this.
    Besides
    It's technically silver, not white.
    And it's all colors from Sora's outfit.
    Red=undershirt and pouch
    Blue=Front of his legs, shoes have some on them
    Yellow=Shoes and the straps
    Silver=shoulders
    Black=the rest of his outfit.

Not to mention that Final has to do with Roxas who is a Nobody and Nobody's primary color is silver.
    The same with Anti and Heartless/black.

16. AsanoHa Merlin's Housekeeper

I was just going over the Director's Secret Report to find any clues Nomura may have left about BBS and stumbled across this. The reference to Dark Mode has me more than ever convinced of at least a minor connection between Anti-Form and Vanitas.

17. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

If anything, Sora would be influenced by Unversed, not Heartless.
    Riku's Dark Mode and Sora's Anti form are similar because they are influenced by the Darkness.

18. AsanoHa Merlin's Housekeeper

I think that quote is a prime example of how future gameplay could feature parallels between Riku and Sora in the direction of Sora having something even more similar to Riku's Dark Mode than Anti-Form already is.

19. renteka-bond Traverse Town Homebody

I know its Silver. And I understand the whole Nobody/Heartless Bla-de-bla. I was just saying how I saw it. Thanks for ruining my dreams with your logical argument!!! XP

20. Noise For Love and Justice

could it be said that the darkness in Soras heart be Vanitus?

if Sora has is own heart.

add

Ven's

divide

Vens heart into two (since Van was the darkness in his heart)

equals

Sora has much more light than darkness...so maybe the anti form could someone be connected to Van...however i think it has to do largely on the fact that he was a heartless.

good ideas thought! i really like them