{ѕуηcняσηιcιту} OOC

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Jayn, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayn

I'll be starting it. School is weighing me down a bit, but I have early dismissal tomorrow and will post the starting post then and let you guys know where you begin.

2. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Wow....what a post. >_> No wonder why it was slightly delayed. Anyway...um...you're not requiring all posts to be that detailed or lengthy, right? Because I'm bound to fall extremely short of that. (Longer than 3 lines of course but still nothing like a paragraph.) Anyway, I think it'd be best if I wait until the Oracle posts.

3. Jayn

@FKB: No, no. xD Posts aren't required to be that long at all. And yes, I think you should wait until both the Oracle and the Scholar post.

4. P Banned

Well that was an interesting first post. I think Twilight Knight intended for it to be the hero knocking on the wall, but I hijacked that plot thread. I've been out of the loop for a while. Is what I did considered bad etiquette?

5. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

Well I don't mind what you did. So I guess not.

6. Jayn

@P
    I don't think so? I think that was a very subtle "mod", and in any case he didn't exactly state who was tapping. Fuzzy has yet to post and in my first post I stated that he would first encounter the Jester, so you two are fine as of now. Remember that FireKeyBlade will be posting and interacting with you two (or one of you) soon as well. We have to make room for everyone to become acquainted so yes. I think that you're plot direction was appropriate. :3

Also, if anyone wants me to make them a Header or graphics, let me know. I'm working on that tutorial anyways.

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

You probably can't see, but I"m raising my hand.

8. LunaCat Moogle Assistant

A place where I can laugh all my troubles away...
    Say, all of the main positions or roles are taken, am I right? Because I'm rather compelled to join this.

Mainly because of this awesome title and the colors...Just kidding! X3

9. Jayn

xD Nice. Well, yes, the main characters are taken but you could also make an OC. All that means is that I don't have anything pre-written for you in terms of the bio, and we'd have to talk and think of a way to introduce you to the storyline. c:

10. LunaCat Moogle Assistant

Alright, I'm okay with side characters. In fact, they're actually some of my favorites...

11. Jayn

Awesome. 8D So you can go ahead and make your profile when you're ready. ^^

12. LunaCat Moogle Assistant

Working on it right now~!

You don't mind if I kind of BS my way through Personality, right? 'Cause everyone knows that character development usually changes quite a few things. XP

13. P Banned

Well mine was accepted, so unless yours is going to be shorter than five letters, then you should be fine. ;)

14. LunaCat Moogle Assistant

Don't worry, I would never commit the insulting crime of making it like that. XD

Name: Rin

Role: None so far~

Bio: Rin is a peasant. Well, not exactly the type that makes a living shovelling dung, because that would just be a bit too pitiful, but the farming type. He lived with his father and mother in a small little cottage out in the more rural areas. His life, while rather quaint, was good. However, one day he heard people talking of a dragon in town, and this time he stopped to listen. What he heard frightened the living daylights out of him. The dragon would come and kill them all if it had the chance? The only way to keep it locked up was to have a girl sing to it constantly? However, instead of fearing for that poor girl, his more selfish concerns made him feel glad that the Divas were keeping the dragon away. He began to show interest in such subjects, much to his parents' dislike, for they wanted him to stay on the farm, and not go into the more urban areas. This did not help him at all, of course. He started to dream of the dragon, and those dreams soon turned into horrific nightmares. One night, tired of his parents' discipline and compelled by his desire to learn more of the dragon, he ran away from home. He was 12 then, not even close to being a young man.

Of course, it wasn't like the town was some utopia of goodness and light. He lived in the streets for some time, living off the few scraps he could get and the sights he saw. This place was much more fabulous in its trinkets, its magic, its items than the countryside; but the only downsides were the inhabitants. Rude, loud, and just plain undesirable people, Rin stayed away from them as much as he could. However, he couldn't hide forever. Taking up the job of a waiter at a local inn, he soon found out that he wasn't exactly suited for the job. Clumsy and unable to carry multiple trays, and just a bit too timid to ask beefy visitors out of the way, he was soon confined to only bringing food to guests staying in their rooms. This was an hidden turn of fate for the boy, because one night he was asked to bring rather lavish meals to a certain guest. This guest turned out to be one of the Draconic priests. Rin did not know this, of course, and in what is probably one of the worst moments in his life, he dropped the priest's glass of wine. Oddly enough, the man did not scold him. Instead, he quite literally offered to buy him from the innkeeper, and take him on as his apprentice.

And thus at age 17, a third chapter of his life began. Rin was taken into the temple for his training, which began the very next day he arrived. At first, his new master did not put him through rigorous sessions to become a guard or monk, nor did he force him to study book after book to become a scholar. All he did was answer the boy's questions. What does the beast look like? Why does it need to be appeased? All questions were answered with the calm, wise patience of one who has done this many times before. Of course, it wasn't like they mentioned too much about the Diva. It would be too much for the apprentice. After about a month of clearing Rin up on the layout of the temple, what the priests did, what Dragonism really was, his master then knew it was time to test the roles the boy could be useful for. However, he failed pretty much everything. He could hardly hold up a sword, and he was too easily distracted for the role of a scholar. And so, he was assigned the job of a delivery boy. Through this he basically acted as a messenger between the priests throughout various towns, due to the fact that it wasn't safe for them anymore. Oh, speaking of that...At age 20, once he learned of the rebels, he swore that he would stop them one day, no matter what the cost, and has begun training so he would be ready for that day...

Personality: In all honesty, Rin isn't exactly the courageous postman that travels through hail, sleet or snow just to deliver his special messages. He naturally timid and is prone to getting frightened easily and jumping at things. If a big, scary monster tried to attack him, he would freeze up like a deer in headlights, to say the least. He still has nightmares about the dragon, and is slightly paranoid that one day the beast itself will swoop down from the sky to kill him. He is quite clumsy and forgetful, to say the least, and is constantly breaking or losing one thing or another. He is also very naive, and this had made him quite an easy recruit for the Draconic priesthood. Blinded by lies and the promise of safety, he will do anything to protect what he values, which is himself and the religion. Of course, this not only brings up the fact that he is surprisingly selfish, but also that under all that cowardice lies a stubborn determination. The real question is, will that determination get him killed or not...?

Appearance: Here~

Other: The product of video game music, and quite a bit of procrastination--I mean thinking! XD

Dedication Level: 3.5. I'm usually only on during weekdays, though I will be able to come on at some times during the weekends.

RP Skill: Standard to Heavy...it all really depends.

Faction: Leaning towards bad.

Whoo~! Now I feel braindead. 8D

15. Jayn

Added! Thanks for joining. XD Not a very BS'd personality, but it would have been fine if you had.

Edit: Okay, so right nooow in the RP.

@Horizon? Make sure you give the LilBueno time to interact with Fuzzy, because ultimately he helps you escape from jail. Remember that. So if you want to space it out longer, you and FKB's character can interact for longer, but the best thing would be for you to be imprisoned again, or held in a private cell somewhere by the Knight or something like that, until Fuzzy posts and they head to the castle. Otherwise, you'd be out of there before Bueno's character got a chance to help.

Thinking about it, that would be okay too...If you escaped, then met up with the Jester and the Hero at the Inn, or on their way from it? It all depends on what everyone wants to do...

16. P Banned

I assume the Oracle is to hang out in her cave for a while, or shall I get her to go around and interfere with the rescue attempts?

17. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

I say interfere. Also, Luna, your image link is broken.

18. Jayn

@P: For now, she can chill in her cave. For the majority of the time now she'll probably be doing that, until the King & Queen or the Dragon ask her to interfere. Sync will probably be interacting with the Oracle soon.

@FKB: You just have to refresh the page for it to work, it's weird. Dx

19. LunaCat Moogle Assistant

Yeah...that's happened to me before. XP

Hrm. I have no idea where I'm going with my posts, yet I also know what I'm doing. Do side charries ever meet up with the main group?

20. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

It still doesn't work for me...it says hotlinking is not allowed. Which was what it said when my image link broke. Then I found another.

Eh, I somehow managed to see the picture. He doesn't look like a clumsy guy to me, but he does look pretty cute. XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.