{ѕуηcняσηιcιту}

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Jayn, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LunaCat Moogle Assistant

A place where I can laugh all my troubles away...
    "Boy, we're here."

The gruff voice of the driver echoed through Rin's mind. He hadn't been dreaming, nor had he been having nightmares again. However, this intrusion into his sleep came as quite a shock, and so the boy jumped awake, almost sending the cart off balance. He sooned regained his composure, and stared out at his surroundings. For one, there was the absolutely delectable scent of bread wafting all around him. He appeared to be right outside a kitchen, and as he looked up, he couldn't believe his eyes. The majestic walls of the castle towered right above him, as if it were looking down with an imposing, yet welcoming, gaze. Looking around even more, he glimpsed a door in the kitchen that seemed to lead inside. However, before he went he would still have to repay the driver; honesty before duty, after all. He reached down into his tunic, pulled out a few high-valued coins, and handed them over to the driver before he hopped out of the cart.

He then proceeded to break into a now quite energized run and dashed through the kitchen. However, this caused a bit of distress from some of the workers. Was he daring to go inside the castle? He did look like a messenger, but at least most of those letter-carriers actually waited for the guards to take them in! However, for Rin this was his first time to the castle. For a moment, in his naivete, he had forgotten manners and instead concentrated on what he was soon about to see, and who he would soon see. He twisted the silver, spherical knob to the kitchen door, and then pushed, trying to open it. The richly-stained wood door did not open, but once he pulled it flew open with a good amount of force. One of the cooks was just about to shout out in objection, but the boy was gone already.

2. Jayn

• [​IMG]
                [​IMG]

Just tell me that you're scared...
                怖いよ…
                Just tell me that you’re lonely…
                寂しいよう…

And I’ll be right there.

She was alone again now; sitting with her legs folded under her in a pool of light. She had lost track of time months ago, so it had become difficult to distinguish the difference between the warm rays of sun shining down on her face and the cool waves of moonlight showering her. It hardly mattered to her now though, because she was alone.

Along with the time, it seemed she was beginning to forget the difference between contentment and loneliness. All of her thoughts were beginning to run together into something she couldn’t imagine the meaning behind. She couldn’t fathom what kind of defense mechanisms her sanity had created to protect itself. So sitting here in front of the beast which lay only three feet to her left felt like bliss to her; the silence, though eerie, was better than the protesting of the dragon itself. The loneliness was better than the priests and others poking their heads in to make sure she was doing her job. She was getting tired.

A lazy smile spread across her lips, her eyelashes heavily hooding her gaze as her eyes lowered to her hands. She was hungry. She was cold. She was lonely. She knew she was, and yet it was getting so difficult to physically feel anything. She began to wonder exactly what was wrong with her. She had come into this so strong, so determined, and now she felt so close to breaking. She had to make it out of this, she had to hold on because she knew he was coming. Her brother.

3. LunaCat Moogle Assistant

Has one ever wondered what an absolutely pointless and insane chase scene looks like? Well, search no further, for Rin was currently in one. Ducking around and across hallways, all of which were lavishly decorated with various royal items, he was slowly but surely making his way to the king's floor. That is, if the two guards that had spotted him, and weren't busy with the capture of the scholar, didn't get to him first. Taking a sharp turn at a corner, he swerved around and began to run towards the next flight of white marble stairs. The guards, with the armor and such, were surprisingly close behind him; they seemed to have been trained quite well, being the king's warriors and all. However, he only needed to head up these stairs and then the king's throne would be there. Well, not immediately; it was more like the hall leading to the door to the king's throne room. Rin felt quite grateful that the priests had taught him about the layout of the castle, just in case the king was in need of help. However, it seemed quite doubtful to him that such a day would come; the guards did seem to be extremely skilled. But if they were the skilled ones, then maybe the warriors of his temple were stronger? It was a frightening thought.

The next floor seemed much more extravagant than the one before, though it still held the same white marble structure, ruby-red rug on the floor, and the same fancy gold borders on the walls. Rin had no time to look at them, however, though he did feel somewhat guilty for scuffing up the rug as he sprinted across the hallway. After what seemed to be a very long time of running, he came upon the door to the throne room. It towered above him, and the door looked as if it were made of silver, though it was likely just high-quality wood painted with the stuff. With the shouts of the two guards (Or maybe a couple more) ringing behind him, he pushed them open and burst into the room.

4. Jayn

• [​IMG]
                [​IMG]

The seven deadly sins?

I promise you.

They ain't nothing compared to me.

“Willow Deprivata?â€

“Dead.â€

“And, lastly…Teto Kasane?â€

“Dead.â€

“And who, might I ask, is the current DIVA?â€

“Klaire Cross, your highness.â€

“And the top DIVA in training?â€

“Dead.â€

“…Why is that?â€

“She tried to run away, your highness.â€

Ambrosia’s eyes narrowed in mild confusion, lips pressed together in thought for a second before she simply shrugged and dismissed the news, turning her head and causing the midnight-blue of her hair to brush against her cheeks. She wasn’t particularly interested in what this advisor had to say, but that might have been because this was the first time she was meeting with this one. The others had been executed. Treason, or something like that. She was losing the will to care much, and though it was perfectly acknowledged by both her (and her husband) that the reasons behind the executions were becoming a tad fuzzy, they both also realized that so long as they threw the Dragon’s rage somewhere in there, all would be forgiven.

It wasn’t like she didn’t believe in the dragon, she had seen its power with her own eyes. The difficulty she had, she believed, was the preservation of innocent women. It had become a widely debated political and social problem, there just weren’t many left. Young girls were developing some sort of rebellious streak, some sort of desire to do something other than serve their kingdom and it was—bluntly, infuriating. Well, she thought, at least the castle was on their side. At least the older ones of the kingdom understood. At least she had, and expected, 100% cooperation and loyalty from those working there under her reign. With a confident smile on her face, she lazily locked her eyes upon that of the quiet, trembling man before her, her crossed legs locked in place and focus mainly turned to the open window to the side of her. After a few more seconds of silence, the Queen spoke.

“So then...Advisor. What is the problem?â€

“Well, y-you see…It’s simply become a concern…that…maybe you’re—well, not you, but the sacrificing pro-process…I mean, ritual—tradition! Tradition…is…possibly…cutting down population growth. With the sacrificing of young women, there are less mothersâ€â€”

“Ah.â€

“…A-ah, my Queen?â€

“Precisely. Ah.â€

The man blinked, attempting to gather himself and explain the statistics and such before a booming voice interrupted his thoughts.

“What on earth is that?â€

With an exasperated and still slightly bored look on her face, the Queen pulled herself to her feet and brushed off her gown, the guards who had settled directly behind her in a protective but silent manner took their place by her side once more, following her to the opposite side of the long room and to the locked double doors leading out towards the throne room. Before she took the first step out into the hallway, she paused, a small smile playing on her lips.

“…Kill him.â€

With that, she left her guards to their work and ignored the desperate and confused cries coming from behind her. She followed the echoes of her husband’s voice straight down the hall, to her left and passed her daughters room.

As she was passing the doors to Princess Kolina’s room, she realized something strange. There was a cold draft coming from under the doors. It was never cold in the castle, she wouldn’t allow it. She frowned deeply, taking a slight long breath and pushing the doors open herself without waiting for assistance from the lurking guards. The window was wide open. Kolina was quite the dreamer, it wasn’t odd that she might have had the window open to stargaze or indulge in whatever silly fantasies she would. However, this was alarming because around this time, her daughter would have already closed it, and on top of that, she wasn’t in her room.

Somewhere along the years, Ambrosia had forgotten what it was like to truly feel something. This wasn’t any sort of crisis for her, personally, but it sure as hell didn’t benefit those around her any. Her lips mashed together for a second like before, until she calmed herself. It didn’t take very long to dismiss the panic. She simply pulled back from the door and called a guard over.

“Search the castle for the Princess.â€

“Yes, my Queen.â€

And her worry was over. They would find her, they always had. With this contentment filling the small heart she might have possessed, the Queen continued onwards to the throne room. She rolled her eyes—of course it had been the King putting on such a loud and angry performance. Quietly, and not necessarily noticed, she took her place beside him and took her beloved position once more. Legs crossed, chin in palm—boredom, until finally the King quieted. Lazily taking the necessary breath, she spoke.

“Advisor is being executed,â€â€”Quietly—âI need a new one.â€â€”More importantly—“…And our daughter has gone missing, I suppose…What are you howling about?â€

[/CENTER]

5. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

There is no questioning the word of the King. For his word is the laws you live by. Etched in your daily lives: Aldous L. Dúcume : You live to serve~

It was as if he believed that with his gaze kept on the man, he'd be able the man frozen their until death. But eventually the death gaze was cut short by the appearance of his wife. One flitted glance told him everything he needed too know.​
    "Consider it done," his voice was stony tinged with something dark. With that aside, he turned the death gaze back on to full capacity. His fist curled and slammed down on the ornately decorated throne. The sound echoed about the silent room, "The scholar has escaped."​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

o I can finally see..
    That you're right there beside me..

A part of Klad was still worried about his new Jester friend. But the concerns melted into the back of his head as they traveled along the city streets. He always applauded the man's acts and feats of astonishment. And as they moved along, he pondered about what he wanted to do. He couldn't go to the castle and simply barge in.., could he? He shook his blond curls. So deep in thought that a trance like quietness enveloped him, to the point of not being able to see where he was going nor hear Celio's voice.

There she was again. His sister. When the heart ache was bearable, the sights and sounds came. It was like watching a live play, but the actor had no way of knowing you were even watching nor could they hear you trying to warn or tell them one thing! Suddenly, it was over. Kladamire jumped like always when he entered the sights and sounds of his sister then thrown into the world of where his physical being lay. "You are a guide..correct? And Jester to our king also? Then lead me into the castle. That's what I want to get the grand tour of." Though he wanted to go there post-haste, he said it as simply as possible. Still hoping to play the common tourist. "I hear the diva's there are stupendous dancers."

6. Spaze Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All I want is freedom.
    Is that too much to ask?

All I want is freedom...

The door was quickly shut closed a few seconds after it was opened. "Goodness gracious! That doornkob has been giving me trouble since I first moved in here and--Kolina?" The servant woman took a few more steps into the room, finding the princess kneeling on the ground next to the bed. "Kolina, what are you doing? You aren't finished with your disguise yet? Get off the floor!" Stella narrowed her eyes, placing her hands akimbo. Kolina breathed out a sigh of relief while Stella huffed in annoyance. "Honestly, if you're going to go through with this then you need to do everything I tell you to. Now, let's hurry up and get that wig on you before we head out the Servants' Quarters. The King and Queen are busy and the guards are distracted."

"What?" Kolina tilted her head and crinkled her nose as she slowly rose back to her feet. She didn't remember this part of the plan. "I'm leaving now? I thought you were supposed to lead me out during nighttime."

"No, the guards...Although it may be dark, they're more alert during the night. You may have a better chance of leaving if you do it during the day, and then you have even more time when it gets dark." Stella snatched the wig from the bag and a brush laying on top of a dresser nearby. She walked up to Kolina and began brushing her hair back. It was a light blonde color, but at the ends her hair faded into gray. "It may not seem like much of a reason to leave now, but I have this feeling that you should do it."

"This...feeling?" The doubt could be heard in her voice. "Don't you think it would be better to stick with the original plan?"

"Don't you think you should be listening to the person risking their life to save yours?" Stella quipped, releasing the band around her ponytail to use on Kolina. Kolina opened her mouth before clamming it back shut. There was no way to top that.

"Other than not finishing you're hair, do you have everything?"
    "Yes."
    "Money, map, whatever personal possessions you wanted to bring along?"
    "Yes."
    "Good. Now what is your story again? And don't use your regular voice."

Kolina explained her made up story to Stella like she eventually would when they reached the guards in front of the Servants' Quarters exit. It took a lot of concentration for her voice not to sound too high-pitched or too awkward. She would have to be careful not to talk much to others during her journey.

"Perfect!" Stella clasped her hands, nodding at Kolina as she approved either of her story or finished disguise. Maybe both. Kolina walked in front of the rectangular shaped mirror again to see her head covered with long black hair pulled back in a suave-yet-scraggly ponytail. She looked like a feminine teenage boy in ugly clothing.
    "Disguise, story, supplies...you have everything you're going to need." Stella adjusted the hood on Kolina's cloak over her head. "Now let's go before you lose your chance to leave." She pointed at the bag on the ground. "Get your things."

Her feet scraped slightly on the wooden floor, and Kolina paused in her stride for a second, taking note of the somewhat uneven flooring. She then grabbed her bag, walked out the door with Stella after opening it, and left down the hall with her. Soon...soon she would be leaving the castle!

7. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No matter how far you walk...
    You're always on the same road...
    You can search till the ends of the Earth and find nothing...
    But in spite of that...
    ...Why am I so driven to find answers?​
    A dark figure lay in the hollowed out trunk of a dead tree. Covered by the shadows of the dead tree the figure moved. Red fur emerged from the trunk as Kasha slinked her way out of the tight area. Cool air of the day nipped at her fur. Frozen dew cracked under her paws as she moved. The wolf leaned forward and stretched downward. Hours before the morning broke she had settled down by this tree. It neighbored a road not too far away. Her ears pricked up as the sound of wheels neared her.

She stood up straight and trotted towards a bush next to the road. Kasha did her best to blend with the bush as the wagon neared it. It was drawn by a medium-sized horse, the driver behind it. He was comfortably seated on the wagon. The back of the wagon was filled with hay. As it passed by she swiftly moved towards the back of the wagon. She jumped onto the back and burrowed her way under the hay and laid down. Kasha could still feel the pricking of the hay against her skin even through her fur.

The Dire wolf was headed for a nearby town for a chance of food, drink, and a friendly household that would take her in for a night. She also needed to lurk through the trading part of town looking for information about The Cave of the Dragon and information about Sync. She could feel the wagon slowing, they were entering the town. Kasha felt happiness surge through her blood and bones. She loved entering towns. The atmosphere was always so different.
    A purple cloak appeared from under the hay as she jumped off the wagon with her hood up over her head.

Very few people looked at her as a crowd swarmed past her. She started carefully through the crowd, pushing people out of her way every now and then. The city murmur buzzing through her ears. A girl stood out in the crowd. She had a stand and was selling food. "Milk! Oranges!" She called out. Kasha walked towards her stand and carefully examined all the foods she had in store. "Anything that interests you, ma'am?" The girl offered. Kasha looked up at her. "No. Thanks though." Kasha stood up straight and moved away from the stand. She pushed through the crowd until she found a small abandoned alley. Pulling her hood down she pulled out a tangerine and started to peel it as she watched the commoners pass by her.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• If all good things come to an end, then what about the bad?
    • Am I cursed to never see the fruits of the life I wish I had?

Celio had been humming as they walked, his headache now a distant memory. His energetic personality had him skipping through the streets as he hummed. It seemed he had been getting more and more into being a jester. It was strange, jestership was just a facade he had recently put on to raise money when he needed it, but it fell well with him. Maybe castle guard wasn't his calling after all?

Kladamire's voice brought him out of his thoughts. "You are correct on one of those two counts, Master Cross," Celio said, his smile shrinking by the slightest bit, "And hopefully you'll be correct on the other once we get to the castle. You see," Celio bent backwards and end up doing a handstand, walking next to Klad in such a manner, "Right now? I'm a jester without a King. I used to be employed by the King, but not as a jester," Celio said. He wasn't sure if he wanted to admit he used to be a castle guard since, for some strange reason, he couldn't remember those days well, but a little bit of honesty wouldn't hurt him. "I'm on my way back to the castle, hoping to reaquire my old position. However, I'm starting to wonder if the life of a jester," Celio fell to his feet, but stood up straight, "Would better suit me." He let out a small laugh before jumping in front of Klad and proceeding to walk forward. "Whichever way is the either," Celio said, coining his own version of "either way" as he grinned at Klad, "The way to the castle is in my heart." He patted his chest hard with his left hand, representing his love for the castle. It was his home. But then he added, "And the Divas' dances definitely have their own place here as well!" He patted his chest again, laughing. However, at his own mention of Divas, he once again got a sense of deja vu and imagined Klad in a more feminine light, but this time he didn't let it throw him off.

9. LunaCat Moogle Assistant

And...The door that Rin had just burst through did not lead to the throne room. Instead it seemed to be a rather empty hall, filled with portraits and jewels. Perhaps this was a treasury or something of the like? However, by now he knew that he was in trouble, because he could already feel his shoulder aching from the guard that was pulling him up harshly. The man eyed his attire with steely eyes, and then look confused. Wasn't this supposed to be a messenger? If he was, then why was he running through the castle...?

"Are you lost, boy?" That was the best conclusion the guard could come to. It wasn't easy to get a messenger's outfit, and the kid did seem a bit confused. He would still keep the possibility that he was a thief in his mind, but for now he would go with the more positive outlook. To his relief, Rin nodded slowly, as if in a bit of a daze. The guard next to him snickered a little, but sharp elbow to the side changed that.

"I...I have a message for the king..." And thus his urgency was explained to the two guards. They said nothing, but gave an affirming nod to him, and led him along the hallways, to where Rin assumed the throne room actually was.

10. Spaze Gummi Ship Junkie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All I want is freedom.
    Is that too much to ask?

All I want is freedom...

"Let me get this straight." A guard said, crossing his arms and eyeing Kolina. "You're telling me that you're this servant's...son," He pointed at Stella before looking back at her. "And you came to receive some clothing from her to give to your sister?"

'Kolby' nodded his head. "That, and I wanted to see her." She hoped he didn't want to look inside the bag proof.

"And one of the other guards approved you to enter the castle?" The second guard asked.

"Of course. Why else would I be here right now?" 'Kolby' asked, but it was obvious the question wasn't meant to be answered.

The two guards glanced at each other simultaneously before one of them moved their hand to the side of their waist and the other said: "You're lying."

Kolina's breath left her body, and her eyes went wide as one of the guards drew a sword from the belt. She stepped back and held up her hands defensively. "Hold on! I think you misunderstoo-"

"I think it is you who has misunderstood," he said, watching the young, feminine boy take another step back. "The King and Queen would never allow their servants to bring guests or relatives into the castle unless it has some form of importance to them! Everyone knows that wouldn't be allowed, so don't bothering making excuses." It felt like her heart was beating out of her chest as the guard raised his sword grimly toward her, inching closer.

"You're right; we're lying!" Stella blurted out, causing the guards and 'Kolby' to look at her. "I snuck my son in so we could be around each other for awhile, since us servants aren't allowed off days. I know it's against the rules, but... Please, don't tell the King or Queen about this. Have mercy in you're hearts! I just wanted to be with my son." She clasped her shaky hands together nervously and looked up at both of the guards. Even though it wasn't true that she was the servant's son, Kolina could tell Stella really was afraid about getting found out by the King and Queen. Kolina would have been punished if they were to be caught, but she would most likely be executed. They looked at the guards, waiting to see what their reply would be.

One of the guards muttered something to the other before they moved from in front of the doorway. The doorway that lead you from the Servants' Quarters to outside. "We know the King and Queen are rather harsh, so we'll pity you and let you go."

"This better not happen again." The other added.

"Thank you!" 'Kolby' exclaimed at the fact he'd been been allowed to leave. "You don't have any idea how grateful I am to you." 'You don't even have the slightest idea...'

Kolina held her bag with one hand over her shoulder as the other hung straight next to her side. The soles of her feet felt cold, and her breathing got heavier as she walked further away from the castle. She would miss Stella. That woman helped her some many times before helping her break out of her home, she would have to do something nice for her if they were to meet again. That is, if no one found out that she helped her escape. But...could she really do this? She was a princess that barely had experience with commoners nor did she have any skills like cooking or cleaning. It was true that she was bringing plenty of money with her, but that would only last a few months. What was she going to do when she ran out? A dozen more thoughts buzzed inside Kolina's head, but she pushed them somewhere else in her mind for the time being.

11. HellKitten Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No matter how far you walk...
    You're always on the same road...
    You can search till the ends of the Earth and find nothing...
    But in spite of that...​
    ...Why am I so driven to find answers?​

Kasha's red eyes looked up from where she sat. A crowd had formed around the alley she had been sitting in. "Theif!" A voice shrieked. Kasha recognized the voice that belonged to the girl she had stolen the orange from only a few minutes ago. 'Smooth.' Her eyes flicked away from the girl and towards the guard she had called to the scene.

"Is that her, ma'am?" The guard asked, a hand on the sheath of his sword. "She's the one I'm sure of it." Kasha looked at the two and stood up quickly, turning on her heel to run.

"STOP!" The guard moved after Kasha into the alleyway. Kasha turned the corner to the alley. Dead end. She looked around at the walls and over her shoulder at the guard. He had slowed as her approached her, his sword at hand and ready to battle. "You're under arrest, you mongrel." Kasha turned to keep an eye on him. He lunged. She did too with her mouth wide open. He tripped and fell backwards with a fresh, open wound on his face. Kasha took the opportunity and ran towards the wall of the alley, jumped off onto the other side wall of the alley and then to the other side the original side. She repeated this about four time, quickly making her way up the wall. She reached the top of the alley way and looked back down at the guard from the roof. He was recovering though in pain.

This would get her a wanted sign. Kasha moved swiftly across the roofs of the houses, looking for a crowd in the street. Her eye caught a crowd that had spread out to the side of the street as a man did a hand-stand. She walked up to the edge of a house to watch. Instinct ran through her veins to narrow them out when she had the chance. She didn't want to attract attention to herself.
    'Maybe... Maybe they know something about Sync.' The girl watched the two men closely. She started to zone out and felt gravity try to pull her down off the house as she leaned forward just a tad too much. Kasha backed up and followed the two from across the buildings. The crowd dispersed as they realized he wasn't going to do much more.

She took this opportunity to find a way down the buildings. She didn't want to be seen by guards but a human-sized dog was something they found a threat in towns. She would be in danger either way but found going in her wolf form might be less noticeable if she was sly enough. As Kasha neared a drop-off of shops and houses she jumped down into an abandoned alleyway. She trotted to the front of the alley as she looked for Celio and Klad once more. She caught sight of her target and moved across the street, low on her feet, trying to appear as just a stray of the town to the common people. Her eyes mainly stayed on Celio for some reason. There was something about him that jumped out to her. She couldn't see what though... The wolf drew herself closer to the two until she was at their heels. 'Do I dare to get into view?' She stopped behind the two, ears down and low to the ground. She had the appearance of a really big, lost puppy. She yipped at the two trying to catch their attention and looked at them with her green eyes, doing her best to keep a non-intimidating appearance.

12. P Banned

The Oracle stared out of her cave, at the entrance. The swirls of vapour from the cave lazily crept to the front, only to be quickly whisked away by the winds of the coast. Pythia found such a cycle to be fascinating. She wondered whether the smoke was fighting for freedom, and finally received it, or whether it was being cruelly ripped from its in the Earth, used for prophecy, and discarded once it had served its purpose. Really, she decided, it didn't matter. Either way, the cycle would continue forever, no matter what she decided. No one could stop the smoke from rising. It was immaterial: impossible to impede. No matter everyone's best efforts, the smoke would rise, she would prophecise, and the Diva would dance for all eternity.

The Oracle blinked, trying to decipher what happened, for the flow of smoke was suddenly disrupted at the mouth of the cavern. It swirled around, forming the shape of Sync. Immediately the Oracle's hands went to her belt for her sword, to slay her arch-foe, and slave to the empire. Her fingers clasped nothing. Then she remembered: This was not her delusion. She was the Oracle, not a revolutionary. She rose to her feet, and with many small steps, made her way to the outside, her hand lightly balanced on the wall, so as to not lose her way. She joined the former-dragon, who, during this procedure, looked on passively, not betraying any feelings from behind her perfectly constructed mask.

Finally, the Oracle spoke, keeping her sentences short and to the point.
    "I had a vision. You were attacked. Rebellion is on the rise. I wish for you to guard the Diva. Avoid unnecessary conflict with rebels. If anyone attempts to disrupt the Diva's ritual, you shall do everything in your power to prevent them from succeeding. I have already sent a message to the king and queen. You are dismissed." Nodding, Pythia bowed deeply to the former Dragon. The Dragon had the power to end the world, and here one was in front of her. It always slightly awed her. Of course, she realised the risks. The Dragon was great, but it was not a benevolent god. If Sync was ever to be released, it would undoubtedly mean the end of the world.

13. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]
    Emile Lapieal
    Why am I the object of other's rage?​

Emile ran through the forest. His feet were cut and blistered due to running from guards for at least a straight hour. His muscles felt like stone and his mind was going blank. He felt as if the world was against him. Which it was. He ran and ran and ran until he finally fell down. He realized he could not run any longer. He slowly closed his eyes and slowly fell to sleep.

He dreamed of when he was a child. He dreamed he was sitting by the fire place on his mother's lap as she read to him. She read the story of the dragon as he watched in awe at the way she read. Perfect. The dream suddenly shifted to the funeral of his mother. He wasn't crying. He held his head high. He looked onward instead of his mother's casket. He started to run and he jumped into the hole where she was to be buried. The hole was deeper than anticipated. He fell downwards and appeared to reach terminal velocity. Right before he hit the bottom he awoke to the sounds of soldiers. He quickly got up and started to run again. His muscles were burning. He kept running. Thats all he could do. Run. Run until it was all over. He saw a deep ditch up ahead and quickly jumped into it. He landed with a echoing thump but the soldiers didn't seem to take notice. He lay there. On that day, a single tear escaped his eye.

14. Fearless A good and beautiful child

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you are predisposed to hate me

Might as well just
    Kill me now

[All I need now is the agony I see upon your face]
    [In the end]

The former dragon was silent throughout the Oracle's short rant. When the woman had stopped speaking, she bowed before her. If the Oracle had been expecting a strong reaction, she was to be sorely disappointed.

"Of course. I always do. And they always fail." Sync replyed in her usual icy tone. She didn't wait to hear the Oracle's response, for she had already closed her eyes and transformed herself once again into a swirl of vapor.

When she once again materialized into a solid being, the dragon was once again in the courtyard she had started from. She made her way to one of the four walls, heels clicking against the stone path with every step, and took a moment to rest against it. Even such a small amount of power used had taken up a large amount of her concentration and energy. She felt drained, and allowed herself to relax a tiny bit for just a moment. She closed her eyes, and heard the distant melody of the Diva's voice, before straightening up once again and turning toward the sound.

[It hurts, you know]

15. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Meiko's strides were quick and rough. She wasn't running through the marketplace towards the castle, but she was definitely hurrying towards it, her fiery red eyes blazing with anger. It was her fault that the Scholar managed to escape. She had hesitated, because he was her friend. Her friend, that she drank tea with after sparring with the other knights and officers. The one who gave her friendly advice in rare times of doubt. The same person who had faced her with such hatred, screaming blasphemous things. And now he was free. Because of her. She stormed through the crowd faster and rougher, not bothering to apologize to anyone she bumped into harshly. There were not that many people that she bumped into anyway, since there were few that did not recognize the crimson armor of the Red Knight of the Royal Family and Oracle. The marketplace didn't look any different from other days, but Meiko did manage to catch sight of a few things that she didn't pay much attention to. A blue haired traveler with a blond haired teenager. A red dog following them. A thin figure coming from the direction of the castle. Soon, all these things will most likely be gone from her memory, labeled as "useless". Until then, she went into the castle, also noticing that there seemed to be a strange uproar, but ignoring it as she continued to the throne room. She had to deliver her report to the king and queen before going after the Scholar again.

16. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

<OOC NOTE: o: To save time and make it easier on Rin, I'm skipping to the part where the King reads the letter.

There is no questioning the word of the King. For his word is the laws you live by. Etched in your daily lives: Aldous L. Dúcume : You live to serve me~

Of course someone announced the arrival of the young messenger. Flaming is the only way to describe the gaze of the eyes the king had at the moment. He didn't mean to turn the death stare on the newcomer but it couldn't be help. So while the boy stayed where he stood and the message was delivered to him via guard. The king was finally able to attempt to put fear into something that could feel anything, the paper letter. The fire was extinguished, and the paper handed off to the queen.​

"Messenger boy. Go out and seek Captain Meiko of the Royal Guard. Tell her to stop that hunt for the scholar and start 'redeeming' herself by building protection around the current diva and dragon. If she fails again..it's off with the heads of you both." ​

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

o I can finally see..
    That you're right there beside me..

"Sister..I'm one step closer." Were his thoughts to himself as he smile inwardly and outward from the Jester's words. Golden tufts of hair were pulled back from his face as he stomach rumbled when they took a few steps more. "Wouldn't happen to know where food can be found, Celio. I'm willing to pay for us." A odd yip came from they're heels and it made Klad turn around out of pure curiosity.

It took a few minutes to take in the odd fur color and the odd eye color too. But when that was done, Klad dropped on his haunches and spoke to the creature. "What are you doing out here little wolfy?" Klad's blue eyes searched in the dog before them as if there would be an answer.

17. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    "What do you mean he's busy? I must speak with him and the queen immediately!" shouted Meiko to the obstinate guard that blocked the throne room. "Someone is having an audience with him right now. You will just have to be a little patient. By this time I am certain it is almost over. the guard replied gruffly. Even Royal Knights had to respect another audience's time with the king. She sighed annoyed by the binds of manners and traditions before stepping away from the doors and waiting by the wall for whoever it was in there to be done. Meiko leaned back and crossed her arms telling herself to relax for a moment and to enjoy this little break. After all, it would most likely be the last break she would have before a while.

18. P Banned

[​IMG]

Life is replaceable.​

That's why it's enough.​

The plume of smoke billowed, encompassing the former Dragon. With a sudden flash, Sync disappeared in front of the Oracle, sending smoke flying outwards. The wave of smoke got bigger and bigger, until it swept over the Oracle, forcing its way into her nose and mouth, invading her senses. Unable to take it, the Oracle tottered, and fell backwards, eyes wide open, lost in trance.

Emile standing over the DIVA's corpse, hands bloodied. A young boy with blonde hair, sitting on the throne, the King's decapitated head lolling grotesquely on his lap. Everywhere burning. The palace was in flames, the Queen running to escape, seeing death at every turn. All guards were eviscerated and it was difficult to walk on the floor for all the blood. She walked past another youth, this one with the sacred tattoo of the monks of Dragonism on his arm, but he paid her no attention, instead devoting his efforts towards multilating the bodies of the living and the corpses of the dead. Finally she reached outside, but the burning didn't abate. The sky itself was alight with the wrath of the Dragon. Looking upwards fearfully, the queen saw it. The terrible reptile, not even seen outside of its cave for decades, was at the palace. Sighting her, it turned its head and opened its mouth. As in legends of old, out poured a column of fire, incinerating the Queen's flesh, boiling her blood and blackening her bones before she knew she was dead. In the courtyard, a blue-haired jester and a feral girl killed indiscriminately, revelling in the pleasures of murder. They too were consumed by the fire's never-ending hunger, but as their bodies burned, they laughed, continuing their business, until they too fell.

The Oracle arose, shaking. She had seen the future in all its brutality. "The Scholar. I know him. I thought he was dead, but no matter. That boy though. Who is he? Why does he look so much like the DIVA?"

Knowing the importance of what she had just seen, she again summoned her boatman, who brought her parchment and a quill. Deftly, she tried to sketch out the faces of all she saw in her dream. Emile came from her memories, but the rest were impossible to draw, despite seeing them perfectly in her vision The DIVA look-alike, the jester, the tattooed boy and the wolf girl.

She then considered her options. She knew her choice. She had no choice. Pythia knew: It was her duty to place the well-being of the nation above her own wishes. Her vision quite clearly showed who those who desired to unleash the wrath of the dragon were, and they would be successful unless she stopped them. Steeling her heart, she again called to her boatman to take her to the mainland.

She stood in front of the general of the military camp. It had been a surprisingly difficult journey. The usually calm lake was rough, and the boat didn't go where it should. Then the camp seemed to change locations multiple times before she found it. Even so, here she was, prepared to carry out her duty to her nation. "You want me to do WHAT?!" the general asked in outrage. "I want you to take your men and go through every town, leaving no stone unturned in the pursuit of this individual." She gestured at the sketch of Emile. "When you find him, you are to execute him on the spot. Furthermore, you are to kill any blonde youths, jesters, or girls who appear unnaturally animalistic. Also, check the arms of any youths for Dragonism tattoos. A brown-haired boy with a sacred tattoo is also a threat." The general tensed up, and the Oracle noticed. Using one of the few magicks she knew, she imbued her words with the power of coercion. "This is an order made by the Oracle Pythia on behalf of the royal family themselves. You have no choice but to obey, or be labeled a traitor. You are to begin your work in the town of the palace."

The soldiers marched through the streets, at first knocking politely on doors to check for people matching the given descriptions. At first it went fairly smoothly, but when they attempted to apprehend all blonde youths and jesters, resistance started. A minor scuffle broke out, quickly getting more and more violent as the soldiers tried to carry out their duty without unnecessarily harming people. Then one of the soldiers spied a flash of metal in a jester's hand. Without thinking, he drew his sword to protect himself from the threat. The jester fell back in fear, dropping the money he was trying to use to bribe. With a sword drawn, chaos erupted. Cilivilians screamed, trying to flee, while some attacked the soldiers. Fighting back, the soldiers started cutting down those who opposed them, but soon the line between suspects, threats and civilians blurred, to the point where they were swinging at everything that moved. Blood lined the streets as the soldiers went from house to house and pub to pub, attacking blondes and jesters. Because of the chaos, many girls fit the 'feral' description the Oracle gave, increasing the death-toll even more. Soldiers went around, checking the bodies of the dead for the iconic tattoo of Dragonism they were told to search for.

Such events played out much the same way in other towns in the kingdom, word of the massacre spreading, creating hysteria, causing even more chaos.

The Oracle sat in her cave, trying desperately to stay awake, knowing no matter how great the horrors she was brought by messengers, keeping her updated on the progress, they'd be infinitely worse if she were to sleep. She put the tip of her index finger to her mouth and bit down hard, relishing the pain.

19. Jayn

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Just tell me that you're scared...
    怖いよ…
    Just tell me that you’re lonely…
    寂しいよう…

And I’ll be right there.

• Deep blue eyes met the ceiling, her breathing slow and controlled despite what it should have been. The dragon had just fallen asleep again, appeased by her efforts and song, and there she laid on the ground. Her arms were folded over her stomach, eyes searching the small space of light above her for something more. Anything. Claustrophobia was beginning to settle in and though this sometimes backfired, it helped to think of the outside world. To imagine being someone normal, with a simple life. Being reunited with her brother, finding freedom, having a family—friends. Her eyelashes became heavier, eyes beginning to close…until suddenly there was a deep pain in the center of her chest.

Lids flying open, the DIVA sat up, arms wrapping around her stomach as her chin tilted down towards her lap, irises focusing on the frayed edges of the customary gown. Something had happened. She wasn’t sure what, or whom it involved, but a terrible energy had just swept over her. Her chin tilted and she was looking at the dragon sleeping soundly. But then she jumped, peering over her shoulder at the mysterious figure towards the mouth of the cave. Scrambling up to her feet, the DIVA bit down on her bottom lip. It took her a bit to gather her words, not knowing exactly what Sync was there for, or if she would even know, but curiosity taking over nonetheless.

“…What has happened?â€

• [​IMG]
                [​IMG]

The seven deadly sins?

I promise you.

They ain't nothing compared to me.

Ambrosia couldn’t decide if this had been a good day or a bad one. Perhaps the monotony of the kingdom had actually started to get to her before. Or maybe she just enjoyed watching everyone scramble. Nevertheless, it was her job as well as the King’s to at least appear to be putting an end to this madness. She was feeling a bit frazzled, but then again this was the first time in ages that she and the King we doing something other than handing out executions without a second though. Doing something, together. She wasn’t all heartless. It was just that the memories from before, the ones where she cared about her daughter, where she was in love with her husband, where the well-being of the kingdom didn’t blend in with things like eating supper and killing off advisors, were blurred and tattered. '

Her hand reached out, taking the note and reading it slowly, resisting the urge to smile. So maybe she really was a sadist. Before she even got a chance to act on this news, someone new burst through the heavy double doors. She straightened up, for the first time in years, her palm left her chin to rest on the armrests of her throne, chin lifted up in curiosity. Three guards had entered the room, all visibly trembling as the knelt before the two.

“What news do you bring?†Ambrosia inquired, lips curling upward without much resistance. They looked at each other.

“There’s been somewhat of a …m-misunderstanding—err…crisis...â€

Details of the Oracle’s orders, and the result of them followed after and only seconds after, the Queen was peering her husband with a strange look, the smile vanishing with force as she assessed the situation, pressing her lips together in muse.

[/CENTER]

20. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

There is no questioning the word of the King. For his word is the laws you live by. Etched in your daily lives: Aldous L. Dúcume : You live to serve~

When the soldier walked in, his face grew a lovely shade of red, any artist would have loved to copy it. When they're words were said, thunder itself boomed out of his mouth, blasted directly on the poor soldiers, "****!" With that said a stony gaze and a flavorless voice brought itself before the queen. " You know, sometimes I think you picked her simply because she'd do something like this.., " he then waved his arms about to indicate the kingdom, "In a time like this! When treachery and rebellion is afoot!"

To some it would seem as if they were having a private conversation of their own; that's how low their voices were. And in truth, they were. Bluntly the king ignored the court and all present to have this conversation to the queen. "How about...gold coins for those with innocent children slain, matching the description of course, by this decree?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.