Video A Kingdom Hearts Flash Game Idea I Have

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by Ø Riku, Oct 3, 2009.

?

Is this a good idea?

Poll closed Dec 2, 2009.
  1. Yes.

65.4%
  2. No.

3.8%
  3. Meh. Kinda. I can't say for sure.

30.8%
  1. YukiSaxor Destiny Islands Resident

I've never seen a sprite like this before. It looks pretty cool.

2. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

Wait, Fayt-- We have the technology to do that?!

Do you know where do get it because I'd seriously like to look into that.

3. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I don't know what it is that NeoCloudstrife uses but I use something called Autodesk Maya (there's a free version). There's a few other things you can use to mess with, I think Google Sketch Up can do it as well. If that was what you asked XD

4. krayzie Lionhart

is that to rip models?
    also is there a free model viewer program?

5. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Nope, it's multi-purpose 3D modelling stuffs.
    Dunno, i've only just started to learn 3D stuff so i'm not really sure about a program for that, I just know building and editing stuff so far. Hopefully some of this will help the games progress XD

6. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

I donwloaded Google Skethcup 7, so if I can figure out how it works, I might be of help to this project :D

7. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

Great! You're hired! :D

So, what's it do?

8. YukiSaxor Destiny Islands Resident

Meant to say this in my first post in the topic, but I forgot and kept on forgettin. Anyway, the only voices I can do well are female. I tried males over and over and they keep on failing. From soft Hotaru from Wish to the has been gangsta Uotani from Fruits Basket. ^-^ Battle cries needs work though..

9. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

Well, Kairi's an official character now. Will that work?

10. SpazticFantaztic >:3 Kingdom Keeper

I can do male voices, and it really doesn't do anything good yet. I'd need to have models supplied, bu even then it's really better for building areas. BUT WAIT! I COULD BUILD BATTLEGROUND :lolface:

11. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

I'll PM you an idea when I get one :D And about those sprites, I'll look into that.
    That's the best bet I've heard by far.

That could work. You're hired!

This could work for scenes that don't have voiceovers.

Once we figure out how we're gonna do this in terms of modeling (2D or 3D, it hasn't been decided yet), we'll move on to figuring out arenas and score for it. More details when we get to that bridge! :D

12. YukiSaxor Destiny Islands Resident

Yep..I can't immatate her voice though. But I'll do my best to make sure the voice fits her. Its going to take a lot of videos though, but no problem for me at all.
    This will be my first offical voice acting job. Whoo hoos! Better start workin right now that way the voice will stay in my head. Also best to start now so I can figure out what her battlecry should be...though I'm pretty sure she was in a fighting in Dead Fantasy, so figuring out a battle cry probably wouldn't be too hard.

13. Tikem Gummi Ship Junkie

Things I could do:

1) Graphic Design, like the logos, status bars, menus etc.
    2) The Score, I've already got some ideas for battle musics.
    3) Voice Acting, though at the moment, I can't really do much.. As my best microphone's busted. My MP3's does work though.

I'll provide some logo designs later.

14. Mvalentine King's Apprentice

I dunno if youve heard of it but you could use MUGEN...you just need the sprites in the right format and a good backgground.

15. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

I don't know if you've heard but MUGEN is for 2D street fighter like games, if you actually read anything you'd notice the people here are thinking about a 3D game similar to Dissidia. Plus MUGEN isn't really that good >>

16. Mvalentine King's Apprentice

I thought MUGEN was pretty good...And I'm a busy guy I don't really have time to read and memorise 6 pages of info

17. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

Alright! I can't wait to get a few demo works!
    Cool! Once you upload the logo designs, I'll probably hire you.

But the fact you've got ideas for battle music is awesome! I'll fill you in on it if you get the part!
    For the first game, there will be no original characters.

The second and third game will have a few OCs. So, I'll keep coming back to this.

18. Majik Chaser

If you all are really motivated to work on a homemade KH game...
    Im thinking of writing my own 2D game using DirectX for the PC.

I've been looking into game dev for awhile now and this would be a perfect way to help me practice plus make a pretty neat game. But i can only make a cheesy game myself since, i suck at photoshop, and cannot make custom music (which would be a nice addition, but i suppose its not needed).

Sorry if this sounds like im trying to take over Riku's Afterlife, i just saw all the people here willing to help you so i was hoping they might lend me a hand ;P

19. YukiSaxor Destiny Islands Resident

Not sure if I'm udnerstanding this all the way..but.
    You want people to help you right?
    Well if you want people to help you I think its best for you to post your own topic instead of posting in someone else's topic asking for help on something that you want to do.
    Not trying to be mean or anything...(In something like this people often mistaken my "voice" to be angry or somethin..)

20. Ø Riku Gummi Ship Junkie

The first language is English. French, Spanish, Chinese, & Japanese subtitles are being considered.

An International release may be considered as well, but that depends on how popular this becomes.

Also, I'm interested in seeing what kinds of logos you can come up with.
    Well, um.... is there anything you are skilled with that could help this project?