Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Noteworthy, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noteworthy Merlin's Housekeeper

Draco watched the man walk away and kicked some dirt in his direction. "No one's asking you for your advice pal!"
    He then turned back to the girl, attempting to regain his composure.
    "My name's Draco, by the way." he said nervously, a bit shaken up by the man's words. "Draco...uh...Saba! Yeah, Saba. Yourself?"

2. Cuttlefish Merlin's Housekeeper

Liao growled as the man walked by. She turned back to Draco and said, as she rubbed the polar bear dog's ear.

"My name is Liao Pei, but call me Liao, and this Fuzzy little guy is Mi Mo."

She kinda sighed, stopped petting Mi Mo, and looked up.

"You know somethimes, I wonder if people even care about their own lives and being ruled by a Tyrant?"

3. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

Roku finished getting his supplies and started walking to the gate of the city. He would stay close to the city for a while then move east maybe towards Omashu.
    He wonder how far his story has spread. No one expected a fire bending master to betray the fire nation. He wondered how many were after him?
    It didnt matter he thought he had just to keep moving.

4. Noteworthy Merlin's Housekeeper

Draco frowned at Liao then turned and looked at all the civilians around them. It was an incredibly busy day here in the heart of Ba Sing Se. Adults rushed to take care of their daily errands, children laughed and chased each other merrily, vendors hollered various slogans trying to attract attention to their products, and beggars limped around in search of food scraps. But Draco couldn't help but cringe as he watched them stepping all over his "Resistance" fliers, turning their backs on a movement that could possibly save them all someday.

"They care, I know they do." he said reassuringly. "They're just afraid. Afraid to stand up for what they know is right, because they're aware of the circumstances that come with it. You can't blame 'em though, you just have to wait for the rare ones."

As he spoke those hopeful words, Draco took some time to absorb his surroundings. It was such a beautiful day. The sun was shining bright surrounded by small puffy white clouds, and the air was less humid than usual. If he wasn't trying to save the world, he'd probably head over to the beach and enjoy the splendid summer day to its fullest.
    There was only one problem. Something just didn't feel right on this particular day, regardless of how innocent and wonderful it appeared. The monks had taught him to understand his surroundings, thus he had a keen instinct for these kinds of things. Draco began to look around suspiciously, worried that something deeper was going on here.

5. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Adena shoved her hands in her pockets and walked over to one of her men. They needed to get the news out as quickly as possible. If they could invade the city and crush the rebellion before it had a chance to strengthen, they would be victors. Her father would reward her greatly. She filled her luitenant in quickly on what she heard. He informed her that he would do his best to send a message back to camp. Hopefully it would arrive before they began. "Good. I'm going to check on the other men. Make sure they are well prepared. I don't want any flaws. If someone screws up, it will be the last thing they do."

The man nodded and watched her depart. She was a small woman, but she left an intimidating aura. Adena made her rounds through the square, checking on each of her men, making sure they were positioned appropriately, and were well informed of what they must do. Her mind occasionally wandered back to the sound of Roku's voice. It made her grit her teeth and spit in disgust. Pathetic excuse for a bender. He could have been somebody great, if he hadn't turned on his squad and the country. Men like him deserve to die. You don't desert your people. I will destroy him the next chance I get.

6. Mysty Unknown

"Thank you master Hakoda. I believe my training is finally complete." As Kai bows, he notices his younger brother hiding between the thick sheath of ice separating the village with the training grounds. Hakoda gratefully accepts his training is over and states Kai has 48 hours to become ready for the journey ahead. He was ready to join him and the others in the fight against the fire nation. They would meet their sister tribe to the north of them.

As he walks back to the village, he tells his brother, "It is all over. I can finally redeem the death of our parents. Stay here, you have a large responsibility to keep the villagers safe. They need you in case any fire troops invade."

7. miaulement Traverse Town Homebody

Nuo walked along a corridor of one of the Eastern Air Temples. She recently learned about what the Fire Lord had done to the last avatar, and she also learned of a resistance forming in Ba Sing Se. Nuo looked outside and watched a few apprentice Airbenders practice their techniques. "Is it really that bad,"She wondered,"to need a resistance? Will they come for us soon...?" She then sat down near the window, contemplating to go to Ba Sing Se or not.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Ban-Ryu was in an alley, back against the wall. The shadows of the buildings hid him perfectly, due to his dark clothing and jet-black hair. However, his yellow eyes reflected the sunlight, appearing as lanterns in his skull. His arms were crossed. "You would prefer something bigger?" He asked, his voice low as he uncrossed his arms. "What do you have in mind? Finding a squad of Fire Nation soldiers and attacking them head-on? Doesn't seem like a bright idea, you know." He raised a hand to his mask and lifted it to rest on his head. "We should enjoy the uneventful days, Jian. Otherwise, we lose ourselves to the war mentality and forget how to live normally." Though he was slightly scolding his friend, Ban-Ryu had silently hoped for more eventful day himself.

9. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Aria sighed, glancing once more at the flier, she had assumed it would be easy to find the resistance here since it was the home of it, yet now she was coming to realise it may be harder than she thought. She knew she couldn't just ask around, because along with the resistance there was also the people they were fighting against. She knew well that you couldn't judge someone by looks, there was often more to people than what first met the eye. Unfortunatly that didn't help her much in her goals. She considered going and getting changed into her full Kyoshi Warrior gear as that would probably get her some attention but held back for now. She started to wander along, looking around at everything, she didn't really know where she was going. She knew she should probably find somewhere to stay for the night before trying again.

10. Aura Goddess

Finally! Bai sighed out quietly as she finally made it into the city, closing the passage way she had created with earth bending. Looking around, she saw no guards and quickly ran through a couple of alleyways until she was in the streets of Ba Sing Se. A smile formed on her lips as she started walking towards the food stands. Once there, she quickly saw a large crowd, gathering around to buy their food. The smile on her lips grew as she lowered her head and made her way through, eyeing anything she could possibly eat. She saw a couple of earth bending guards but with how big the crowd was, she could easily get away with stealing food. Setting her eyes on a couple of stands, she quickly grabbed whatever she could and placed them inside a small pouch she had hanging on her side. Coming to one last stand, she listened to the seller attempting to make her buy just about anything he had to often. Bai smiled and shook her head, looking at some of the fruits that were laid out on the stand.

"Thief!"

Bai gasped and quickly turned around, watching as people moved away, a man running through the open path while guards chased after him. Sighing in relief, Bai quickly took the chance to grab an apple, quickly turning away as she began to walk away from the stand. She quickly placed it inside the pouch but quickly felt her arm be grabbed and forced to turn around. The seller glared at Bai, seeing the apple in her hand.

"Guards, guards! Thief!"

Damn it! Bai cursed under her breath and kicked the seller, taking off as soon as he had let go of her arm. She heard the voices of guards following after and when she turned around, she saw quite a few. As much as she wanted to earth bend her way out of the situation, she also didn't want to make herself known that she was an earth bender. Then again, she was in Ba Sing Se. Inhaling deeply, Bai turned around, sliding her foot across the floor before stomping it and pushing her hands forward, sending a small wave of earth towards the guards. Some were sent flying while others quickly earth bended themselves. Bai turned a corner, entering an alleyway before exiting out the other way. Looking over her shoulder, she saw just two more guards left.

11. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

Rolan woke up from his sleep due to commotion,something about a thief. He got up and stumbled out of the stables and as he was doing that he saw a girl run past him. He watched as she ran by"Huh, who was that girl?"As Rolan said that, he turned and looked the other direction and saw two earth kingdom guards chasing her. Roland thought to himself She must be the thief that woke me due to her commotion. She's going to owe for this if I ever see her again. Rolan stomped his foot on the ground, rising up in front him a giant plate of earth that protruded from the ground and sent it towards the guards. He did that two more times, because if these guards were any good as he was, that wouldn't stop them, just slow them down. After he sent the third plate towards the guards, he started running after the girl that ran by him not to long ago.

12. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Adena slyly made her way into the center of the crowd, grinning in a sinister manner as her men spread themselves out into different corners and sides of the area. The time was finally here. She meticulously counted down the seconds and slowly opened her arms straight out from her sides, parallel to the ground. Her men ripped off their Earth Kingdom robes in unison, revealing the armor of the Fire Nation. The crowd began to slow down, realizing to their horror what was occurring.

They watched a young woman toss her hat up into the air, letting her blonde hair fall elegantly to her shoulders, revealing herself as the Fire Nation Princess. She formed two spheres of flames in her hands. Her eyes burned with the same intensity as her flames and she watched as stunned expressions spread across countless Earth Kingdom citizens. They began to run from her, but it was too late. In a matter of seconds she had her whip out and sent a wall of fire spiraling around herself. A roar of laughter escaped her lips, but went unheard as it was drowned out by the sounds of screaming.

Princess Adena then sent wave after wave of hot blue flames in every direction, burning anyone that came too close. When a naive Earth Bender thought he could get the jump on her, she sent a streak of electricity straight through his chest. Her viscious smile encompassed her face from ear to ear as she watched the man's lifeless body drop to the ground like the rocks he used to manipulate.

"You are all under attack of the Fire Nation!" she yelled as more soldiers began flooding into the city. "Let it be known that Fire Lord Ozai is almighty, and his army shall not hesitate to annihilate anyone who stands between us and world domination! Your precious, ancient city of Ba Sing Se...shall be ours!"

In the blink of an eye Adena's army began setting building after building on fire. They perched themselves on rooftops, launching enormous spirals of flames downwards onto unsuspecting citizens. The city reeked of burning flesh in a matter of minutes, and all that could be heard was the sound of deafening screams. Gigantic clouds of smoke could most likely be seen for miles as it billowed up above the city and ash rained down endlessly. This was only the beginning. The team of Fire Benders prepared to destroy Ba Sing Se from the inside out. Adena looked crazed and filled with power. She marched through the streets, acting as the ring leader in this circus of hell.

13. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

Roku heard the screams and starting running. Dang it he thought he should be running away from the screams not towards them. He couldn't believe what was happening. He ran right into 2 Fire Benders who both shot firebals at him. Roku's hands move by themselves bending the flames back towards the solders. They both ran off in surprise and Roku run off after them. He then saw the city burning and Roku saw the girl before "Princess Adena" he cried out "I don't believe it". Solders shot fire towards a crowd of people and Roku moved his hands and the flames died out. "What are you doing princess?" Roku asked. "Your a fool if you think you can destroy this city by yourself"

14. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

As Rolan was chasing after that one thief girl, he stopped in mid chase cause something had stopped him....screaming. He turned around in the direction that screaming was coming from he saw a large plume of black smoke. He jumped up on a roof of the nearest building to him and looked across the city. He could see plumes of smoke coming up from all corners of the city, his ears were deafened to the sound of all it's population screaming. He looked to the main entrance to the city, and saw a sea of red armor. The fire Nation has attacked Ba Sing Se. He stood their and stared for 5 minutes in fear and shock at was going on. The great ancient city of Ba Sing Se, the city that has never been penetrated before, was now being flooded with fire nation.".......I have........to fight" was all Rolan could say. He began to look around for the closest pillar of smoke to him and found one in the direction that he was previously going in. He took off in that direction jumping from one roof top to the next with the help of his earth bending."Whoever started that fire, is going to be the first life I take today...."He said that in the coldest tone that he could make. Rolan was now out for blood from the people that took everything from him.

15. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Adena whipped around, seeing Roku next to her. Her smiled didn't fade, but it almost seemed friendly. Almost. She reached out to him with her free hand, grabbing his arm. "Silly Roku, I'm not by myself. Look at all of father's men. Ba Sing Se is ours. Finally. I'd ask you to join us in celebration, but you attacked our men. You left the country behind as your ran away, like a traitor. You left me behind and now you shall pay dearly." The look on her face grew hainous as she snapped the whip on the ground. Adena let go of his arm and the flames of the burning city reflected in her eyes. "I'll give you a head start Roku, for old times sake. But I'll have you know, I'll be destroying everything in my path as I chase after you. 1..2...3..." As she counted, she heard the feint sound of the catapults launching fire balls at the palace. Everything was going perfectly.

She sent another wave of fire and lightning at some Earth Kingdom Soldiers and struck down anyone that came to close with her whip. She held out a ball of fire under the strand of metal, heating it up so that it would both rip open people's flesh and burn them at the same time. Princess Adena saved this punishment for people that severly crossed her and she was saving it for Roku. At one point in time she actually cared for him, to the point of affection; but that changed. Her heart hardened into steel and now the only person she cared for beside herself was Firelord Ozai.

16. Cuttlefish Merlin's Housekeeper

Liao heard a scream, she turn and saw puff clouds of smoke black as night. She look a Draco and said.

"We need to go help, people maybe in danger, Mi Mo go the out skirt of the town I'll catch up later."

She patted Mi Mo, then Mi Mo took off. Liao took off running in the direction of the screams and fire. As she got closer she saw two Fire Nation soldiers, she smirked popped open her Water Sack, she motioned it to go up and over. The water turned into ice and she slid on the ice up and over the two fire soldiers.

"See you later, I've got more important stuff to do."

Liao motioned the ice to turn back and go back in the sack. She continued to run until she made it to the middle, she stopped and noticed a women, it looked like the daughter of the fire nation.

17. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Not again. Screams filled the air and Aria could hardly believe what was happening, Ba Sing Se was a city so strong, it couldn't fall, could it? She couldn't help but feel like it was happening again, she was back as a six year old watching her village get destroyed, helpless to do anything. Well, she'd spent most of her life making sure she wouldn't be helpless again. Her deadly fans were out like a flash and she was running towards the nearest firebender. She knew she couldn't stop what was happening but she could fight back and give people a chance to escape. She went for a few isolated firebenders on the edge of the destruction, she couldn't take them out together but she could a few at a time.

She got to about a few meters away before he saw her coming, automatically sending fire her way. She leapt into the air, sumersaulting over the flames flames, dancing one step ahead of them. She flew around him, using his own weight to knock him off balance, from which a few precise attacks sent him unconcious. She allowed herself a small smile over her small victory but she knew that was nothing compared to what was happening. She moved quickly round the edge of the chaos to her next opponent, being sure to remain unnoticed by the main group.

18. Noteworthy Merlin's Housekeeper

"YOUNG MAN! You have to wake up! Come on, you need to get out of here!"

Draco's eyelids began to widen slowly. His vision was blurry and disfigured. An elderly man with a scruffy gray beard was kneeling at his side, shaking him by his shoulders and yelling. "Get up! Get up now! You're going to die here!"

"Wha...." Draco muttered weakly, feeling much pain and confusion. "Where...where am I?"

"You're in Ba Sing Se, my boy! The Fire Nation is attacking, you were knocked unconscious, please we have to run! Let's go-"

Just then the elderly man's head became engulfed in flames, and his body began to twitch and roll over as he screamed in pain. Draco was lost for words and started breathing very fast, trying to get back on his feet. Blood was flowing down the side of his face and getting into his eye as he started to run, looking for some kind of cover he could take. Dark smoke filled the air and blasts of fire were going in every direction. His ears were ringing with the sounds of desperate screams. None of this made sense. The last thing he remembered was talking to the Waterbender Liao, then-- nothing.

"An Airbender!" he heard a deep voice shout. Draco looked down at his right arm and noticed that his sleeve was ripped, revealing his blue arrow tattoo. The man who identified him was equipped in Fire Nation armor and took a fighting stance, forming a sphere of flames in his right hand.

Draco acted quickly and sent a powerful gust of air towards the soldier, flipping him over onto his back. He then charged towards him with his katana, stabbed it fiercely into his chest, and ran off hoping to get to safe ground.

19. Arch Mana Knight

Jian shook his head slightly and sighed out. "Yeah, yeah. It just doesn't feel like we're doing enough. We've only fought a handful of the Fire Nation's soldiers, destroyed a small amount of camps, and for what? We're not exactly infamous yet." He slumped over and stared down at the ground. At least fifty or sixty feet beneath the two was Badgy, Jian's large pet who followed the two around everywhere from underground using the tunnels already in place...while making some of his own of course. 'You've been underground for a few days now. Maybe we should get you to the surface to give you a bath. I'm sure you need it, little buddy.'

Jian opened his mouth to speak once more but in place came a scream. He raised an eyebrow. It didn't come from him. "Huh?" He looked off to the distance to see smoke rising as a group of people fled and ran passed the two. "How did they even get in!?" He didn't need to speak to his friend. They would have to join in the fight alongside whoever would be there by the time they arrived. Jian raised a pillar of earth beneath himself and Ban to get a better view of the chaos. "It's not even a full-size army. I would've thought Firebenders were smarter than to launch an attack in the center of Ba Sing Se!" In a way it was both a compliment and an insult to his friend but now it didn't really matter. With a gesture of his hand the rock pillar sped through the streets, moving faster than any person could possibly run...though it nearly knocked even Jian off as the pillar suddenly jolted in the direction of the Firebenders.

20. Itachilives Gummi Ship Junkie

"Adena ... what happened to you?" Roku asked "What happened to the cute princess I used to know what have you become?" Roku looked her in the eyes.
    "Do you hate me Adena? I didnt want to leave you but this isn't right" Roku took a deep breath "Im sorry" Roku said moving his hands into a Fire bending pose. Roku looked around the earth nation army would be coming soon and he could not let himself get arrested. He had to finish this another time. "Fine we will finish this somewhere else" Roku looked at her one last time "Come princess if you think you can catch me" Roku smiled and then began to run. Adena would not give up until caught him but he could use this against her. As he ran a few Earthbenders attacked Roku shooting rocks towards him. With a arm motion he burst the rocks into flames without stopping. He knew Adena would be right after him but she would not catch him. Would she forgive him for running away again he wondered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.