Bientôt l’été

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by jafar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. jafar custom title

This game looks beautiful. It's rethinking two-player online and working it as part of the story, just like Journey did, but not in the same way Journey did. Tale of Tales keeps making unique and interesting games. I can't wait to see how this one turns out.

The release date is for sometime this autumn. More info as well as images are available in the link below.

http://tale-of-tales.com/bientotlete/index.html

The development blog lends some interesting insight into the game as well as games as art and being an artist.

http://tale-of-tales.com/bientotlete/blog/

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

What else have they made?

Also, I'm lazy, did they post any videos?

The version differences are also making me skeptical...

3. jafar custom title

They've made a few games. Each one is very different from the other.

A horror game called The Path, which takes the fairy tale of Little Red Riding Hood and they place it in an incredibly existential, philosophical setting. There's a free demo of the game, which is seperate from the main game and tells it's own story. It's a prologue, but it makes a bit more sense after you play the full game. It's a pretty interesting way to make a demo.

They have an MMO called The Endless Forest, which is free.

An "interactive vignette" called FATALE, which is about the story of Salome and the death of John the Baptist.

They have this, for lack of a better description, interactive painting, called the Graveyard. There's a free version of it.

There's also a "digital memento mori" for the iPod called Vanitas. There's a free web version of it.

They also have a game that is, unfortunately, stuck in development hell due to lack of funding. It's called 8 and it's based around the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale. You play as a deaf and mute girl wandering around the castle where everybody is frozen.

And they haven't posted any videos yet, but I trust it to be a good game, considering what they've made in the past.

4. jafar custom title

found a video of the game.

5. jafar custom title

Some screen shots of the game.

Their website had some other ones earlier, but they were replaced with some new ones.

also i feel like i am turning into amaury...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]