|Bleach| War of the Masked

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Boy Wonder, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arch Mana Knight

'Mm?' Arashi stumbled back slightly and let out a yelp when he saw his Lieutenant barge in on the two, his eyes widening when he caught a glimpse at the anger in her eyes. If it wasn't for Naoto, he would hardly get any work done. While she wasn't much of a stick in the mud, she was by far the more serious one out of the two. Even the others in their division were scared of her! Arashi opened his mouth to offer an apology or excuse but Iggy got to Naoto first...and hugged her.

He scratched the back of his head nervously and laughed, watching the two. "Aw, look at you two. Just like sisters." He said with a grin on his face. He motioned towards the empty spot by his side afterward. "You can skip the formalities, Nao! Captain Zanshou was my brother's name." He had purposely shortened Naoto's name much like Iggy had to his own, it wasn't something that he normally did but with all that he had been drinking he was in a much lighter mood. "Iggy and I were just talking about you awhile ago too! And other things as well. Like..." Arashi trailed off, getting lost in thought again as he tried to remember what he had just been talking about a minute ago. "...I think it was something about the old man's beard..."

2. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG]

"Yes!" Iggy chirped brightly from her hugging position. "It is so long, it's taller than me. ...The beard I mean... not you know... that would be weird..." she pointed out, backing up Arashi's point and correcting what sounded like a bad pun... after all, her innocent point was that since she was so small, it wasn't hard for things to be taller than her in most cases. For this conversation topic, the Captain-Commander's beard.

OOC: Short but cute post just for the hell of it. XD
    EDIT: Arch went crazy... due to how this ended up sounding... so yeah.

3. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

He barely sensed his captain's presence before the man spoke. He resisted the urge to glare at the man who hadn't done a single drop of work since Zenata woke up in the morning. Instead of glaring, Zenata's right cheek twitched twice, once for the formality used in his name and a second time for having been snapped out of all the paper work he was doing. Internally, he sighed, he'd much rather be running about and atleast stretching his legs then being a paper push.

"Yes sir, captain. Consider it done." Was all he said before he became a dark blur that left no traces. A quick flash across one division. A quick flash across the next. But according to the members of Captain Mugi's squad, he was no longer there, instead out and about the Sereitei. After hearing that, Zenata didn't bother with leaving a message. Instead he flashed away with a curt nod and once again traveled the rooftops of the different divisions.

He stopped, having moved to fast too recognize the brief flash of Captain Mugi's energy signature. "There we are.." A quick scan around his surrounding as he dropped to the front door of the tenth squad's barracks. It was horridly impolite to enter unasked and unannounced, so he captured the eye of the first squad ten member he found. "You, Captain Mugi's presence is requested by Captain Sanada. Find him and alert him immediately." He finally relaxed as the startled member of squad ten hurried off to obey him. With his mission done for the moment, he began to walk his way out of the tenth barracks and back all the way to his second.

4. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

There came a knock at the door to Hatsu's room.Sir's, Second division lieutenant Zenata has come sending word that Captain Sanada is requesting Captain Mugi's presence.Mugi let out a big sigh at the interruption of conversation with Hatsu"Thank you, I will be there presently then."Sirs, and the person that had relayed the message left."Sozen, always having to interrupt my time with unnecessary things......" Mugi let out another big sigh and got up from his seat and started walking towards the door.He stopped short of the door and lowered his head."Hatsu, I will be honest with you, the reason for my visit today was to ask you, if it comes to it, can you do it when it comes to that time.........can you stop your brother, your friends-"Mugi turned his head slightly and gave a somewhat cold glare towards Hatsu"......Can you kill your brother?"His expression turned back to his calm gentle self."Sorry for troubling you again Hatsu, I will take my leave now."Mugi exited Hatsu's room leaving leaving with regrets that he didn't get to finish his conversation. He let out another sigh about having been summoned by his friend and rival at this time."What can Sozen want now? He whispered under his breath. As he was walking along to second divisions barracks, he saw Zenata, seconds lieutenant up ahead."Hey, Lieutenant Yuu, wait up!"Mugi shouted to Zenata and started a sprint towards him to catch up."Might I join you on the way back to the barracks?"

5. Cuttlefish Merlin's Housekeeper

Captain Sozen yelled thanks to is Lieutenant, then he look over at his office where Zenata was working then decided he would do it until they returned. Sozen started organizing the paper work, categorizing them, and signing what was necessary. He sighed, then continued working. He thoughts on how long it could take him to do most of this would be roughly 2 hours if he kept his mind to it and on task, which was rare for him. He peered out the front door looking at the lawn and wondering about the later task at hand.

6. Aura Goddess

Naoto flinched slightly as she felt Captain Hikauru's arms around her waist. She wasn't one to disrespect those that are a higher rank than her, but in several cases, she felt the need to disrespect her own captain whenever he was out getting wasted. Inhaling deeply, Naoto gritted her teeth and forced a faint smile, attempting to pry herself away from the captain's grip. "I'm sorry, but no. I can't join. I'm only here to get my captain," she said, momentarily looking down at the small captain before her and then shooting a glare at Captain Arashi.

Once she was able to pry herself away from the tiny captain, Naoto quickly made her way to her own captain, the smile fading as she quickly glared at him, her hands clenching into fists. She pressed her hand against the table and bent forward, her eyes meeting with Arashi's as she placed her other hand on her hip. "Get up." She quickly stood up straight and turned her attention towards Iggy, stepping to the side a bit. "I'll be taking him back now, if you don't mind. He needs to be sober again before he can do any work." She smiled faintly once more at Iggy before turning her attention towards Arashi, crossing her arms and waiting for him to stand up.

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

OOC: Soap, it's Hatsu. Short for Hatsuharu. Not Matsu.

[​IMG]
    Hatsu scowled and his right hand immediately went towards his Zankaputo, though he didn't pull it. "No worries, Captain Sakai," Hatsu said in a low voice, "I understand the two of you are good friends." It was almost a growl, but he kept the veil of formalities over himself, not wanting to disrespect a Captain. Without answering the Captain's question, he closed the door behind Mugi, leaving himself in his room once again. "If anybody's killing my brother," he opened his hand and stared at the wrist guard over it, "It's going to be me." As images of his brother flooded his mind, Hatsu wondered where Sanosuke was, since he was supposed to get the "Sohma Retrievement Team" together.

"Stupid Hollows," the man growled as he cut down a group of lower class Hollows in Hueco Mundo. "Not a single one of you can give me a fight? COME ON!!" Grimmjow Jeagerjaques demanded as he spun, thrusting his blade through a Hollow's head and cutting it in half. It wasn't that he hated Hollows...but who else was he going to fight? Though the Espada's plan was put into action and was moving along on schedule, he was bored. Even worse, there was nothing that he could do. The Soul Reapers were taking care of the captured Captain, under the watch of Kyo, and the other Arrancar? Who knew?

8. Arch Mana Knight

"You need me to be sober to do work?" Arashi repeated after his Lieutenant as he stared up at the young woman, this time being unphased by the death glare she was giving him. He smirked and pressed his hands on his knees and he leaned a little closer towards Naoto, his eyes flashing in the light as he regained his composure. "When were you under the impression that I ever worked while I was sober?" He slowly rose to his feet, standing up to rise above Naoto. Arashi himself was a tall man, standing above most--if not, all--the other captains...excluding the old man of course who seemed to tower over everyone no matter who they were. Though the Captain Commander only stood taller than Arashi when he wasn't slouched over which was quite rare. Though that was all besides the point.

Arashi waved slightly at the fellow captain and sighed out, offering a pleasant smile. "Well, I suppose this was fun while it lasted. Thank you for the wonderful break." He spoke towards Iggy, tilting his head as he waved at the girl. "It's about time I got back to work though. So many things to do, so little time!" He suddenly grabbed Naoto's hand with his own free one while continuing to wave at Iggy. In one instant they were there, in the next they were gone. There was no shimmering image, no wisp of air, or anything that was to be seen or heard from a flash step. Both Captain Zanshou and Naoto reappeared solidly(OOC: IT'S TOTALLY A WORD) back at their division barracks the instant after Arashi wisked them away.

"You know, I was never really fond of flash step. It's so slow. Mm..." He released his Lieutenant's hand. "Though I probably shouldn't have used that in front of another captain." Arashi paused and rubbed his chin thoughtfully for a moment, shrugging to himself afterwards. "It doesn't matter. I don't believe Iggy would notice the difference or even care." He added in as he began to pat Naoto's head playfully, grinning down at her. "I bet you were worried about me, huh?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

"What have I told you about being impatient, Jaegerjaquez?"

With these words came an accompanying spiritual pressure of immense magnitude. From behind Grimmjow was the head of the Arrancar, Coyote Starrk. "Instead of playing with lesser Hollows you could be doing something more productive." The spiritual pressure that Starrk had forced onto Grimmjow finally let up. While it wasn't enough to bring the Arrancar to his knees, it should have been plenty to do more than just startle him. Starrk was far from being an ordinary Arrancar, his abilities were a cut above the rest even when he was just a Vasto Lorde as his sheer power killed weaker Hollows who crossed paths with him. It wasn't until some time after when he had ripped his own mask off when he had begun to find others who could actually survive his own power. These were the Arrancar, after having been alone for his entire existence he had finally found comrades...comrades who he could use for his own benefit. With the discovery of the Espada, things had only begun to look up as they were all hybrids in nature.

OOC: Taking a few liberties here about the Arrancar beginnings and with the Espada. Text me if you need an edit, Bueno!

9. Pinekaboo Chaser

[​IMG]

"Welp, looks like it's just you and me now Igz." came a voice from... above?
    Indeed, sat upside down, on the ceiling above Ignelia was Noire Beauclerc, 3rd Division Captain. Perhaps this alone was not so worrying, but the fact that she was quite happily sipping a hot chocolate drink while upside down was a little more so.
    "Orange flavour. Want some?" she asked, indicating her drink as she continued to give gravity the finger.

10. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG]

Of course, Iggy had a Vice-Grip when it came to hugs, one that didn't hurt, but meant they wouldn't get free, but she could tell that the Lieutenant was trying to do so, she she slackened her grip and let the poor girl go. "You're welcome, Ara-kun!" she spoke in response to his thanks, as she waved to him.
    Then, once she heard the voice from above her, she looked up. "Yup! Just us." she moved back over to the table and picked up her cup. "I knew you were there." she bluffed, or... well... did she really just bluff?
    "I could smell the hot chocolate, otherwise, I'd never have noticed you." she revealed... and heck, Iggy was known to like sweet things. She was like a blood hound when it came to sweets, so who knows? She may have simply noticed the smell of hot chocolate after all. "And no thanks." she chirped. "Sake?" she then offered in place.

Ulquiorra Schiffer stood a distance away from both Stark and Grimmjow, as he just observed. His eyes saw all. They perceived all. They didn't miss anything. Anything he couldn't see simply didn't exist.
    He observed, that was all for now.
    His hands in his pockets, he turned away and looked at the moon of Hueco Mundo.It was almost like he was trying to find an answer hidden away by it's bright sheen. His face cold and emotionless, he gave nothing away.
    Things were moving along. Plans were in motion, and more plans would soon follow. It was only a matter of time.

11. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

Zenata brought himself to a complete halt. He tilted his head to the side and shut down the flow of information that flooded his mind when he saw the Captain pulling along side him. "I can't see a reason why not, Captain. We are both heading towards my barracks anyway." His grace was nonchalant as he moved through the narrow streets that connected the barracks. His gaze stayed down as he thought about what he'd need to do training wise. Even he in his dispassionate disposition could sense the unease and contained tension that radiated in the Sereitei. Hopefully it would die down. So that he could see his mother tonight.

12. Pinekaboo Chaser

[​IMG]

"Can't say I'm surprised at that." Noire said, refering to Iggy's nose for sweet things.
    She quietly took another sip of her drink, before raising her hand in declining her offer of sake.
    "You don't want to see me drunk again. Remember last time?" she answered, before standing up, still on the ceiling.
    "So what's all this talk about? Something important happening? Again."

13. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

Mugi caught up to Zenata, and they began there walk together to 2nd barracks."So Lieutenant, how are doing? Everything alright? You seemed distraught about something.Mugi said with some concern in his voice. He had known Zenata for awhile, probably ever since he had become the Lieutenant of Mugi's best friend, which made a Zenata a friend of Mugi. He knew how Zenata was, always a serious man, making sure all the work was done. If something had him worried, then it must have been bad, whatever it was was on his mind.

14. FuzzyBlueLights Traverse Town Homebody

He shrugged and pondered the Captain's question a bit, step by step until he'd come up with a reasonable answer. "Soul Society is not in sync with itself. Because of something unnatural." His light brows furrowed together as he frowned in thought. "My problem, sir..is what can we do about it. And how can we keep it from happening again?" Such abysmal things happening. But at least it was a beautiful day. I should rethink making a friend or two.., like my mother has said before. His frowned deepened but he let the thought dissipated as they neared the Second Division.

15. Aura Goddess

Naoto stumbled to the side as soon as Arashi let go of her hand, surprised he used flash step of all things to get to the Fifth Division barracks while drunk. Regaining her balance, the young woman stood up straight and cleared her throat, placing her hands on her hips as she turned her attention to her captain. "There's little time to do anything because you always wait until the last minute." Sighing quietly, she turned her attention ahead of her before feeling Arashi's hand on her head, causing her to frown and only end up a little more mad. "I was not worried!" she exclaimed, reaching up to grab his hand and move it away from the top of her head. She thought for a moment as she squeezed his wrist before letting it go and turning away from Arashi. Naoto crossed her arms, feeling her face heat up a bit. "Do you honestly think I'd worry about you?"

16. Iskandar King of Conquerors

"Well, either they might have someone on the inside helping them," Captain Shirobu began thinking about different ways they could get in, "Or it might just be that they're strong enough to break through the barrier. We have no idea how strong these Espadas are. It might help if we asked another Captain on his opinion."
    At that moment Captain Shirobu stretched out and lay down, "But I'm going to lay down for a little while, I'm too tired to do anything."

17. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

Mugi listened to everything that the lieutenant had said, and he also pondered on his reply to the lieutenant."Hmmm, that is a troubling thing to wonder about. All we can do, is fight for our comrades, our friends lieutenant. We fight to protect them, to save them. And if there is anything that we can do to prevent this again, is only listen to everything everybody says. This might sound wrong, but be weary of everybody, even me.....even your captain. It's a horrible thing to say, but what else is there for us to do?" Mugi thought on the words he just said to the young lieutenant, and he was right, it is a horrible thing to think about.

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

OOC: Changing Sanosuke's image to an actual Soul Reaper.
    BIC:
    [​IMG]
    After the Captain left, Hatsu cursed himself. He remembered that Captain Mugi was on the list for the search party. "Whatever," he decided, "It's Sano's job to get them together. He's the leader." Regardless, Hatsuharu decided that he would help get the rest of the team together. Though he wasn't assigned to be the leader, like he had hoped, it was still his mission and his Captain...more importantly, there was a good chance that his brother was responsible. For this, he was kept in the loop by Sano (despite the Captain-Commander's orders), who was his best friend after all. With his Zanpakuto in hand, Hatsuharu walked out of his room. He had already addressed his Division, placing the Third-Seat in command, as well as asking the Captain-Commander to have someone watch over them, in case of trouble. From his understanding, the Vice-Captain of the First Division would have that "honor." As he walked through his barracks, several Shinigami bid him farewell and wished him luck, but Hatsu was deep in thought and only returned a smile and a nod. Others would have seen it as rude, but his Division knew better. Hatsuharu started out as somewhat disliked, his Vizard powers seen as an unfair advantage when he became Third-Seat, but his Division had grown to understand him. First thing's first...Captain Zanshou and his Lieutenant.

Grimmjow froze. "Starrk," he growled, squeezing his sword's hilt. Though he was strong enough to move under Starrk's Reiatsu, and he would love nothing more than a chance at Starrk, he knew better than to attack his superior. Once the spiritual pressure let up, Grimmjow sheathed his blade. "Like what?" He inquired, "That damn Vizard Kyo's keepin' that Captain for himself and the other Soul Reapers." He said it with disdain. The hierarchy of the Espada was complex. The Arrancar could technically be considered the superiors of the Shinigami, Kyo was above Grimmjow...though the Arrancar made it clear he disagreed. "He expects me to wait until the invasion starts, because, you know, I'm known for my patience."

[​IMG]
    "Eleventh Division Captain Kenpachi," a voice called out as a man entered the pub. "Third Division Captain Beauclerc," he called to the other Captain, noticing her as well. Though the Captain of Eighth Division was arguably the weakest Captain, he still held an air of authority. His Captain's Haori fit him perfectly. If one didn't know the history behind Captain's Torasai's...captainship, one would believe he was a legitimate Captain, and a powerful one at that. "I was expecting to find you here, Captain Kenpachi," Torasai smiled, the edges of lips running parallel to the facial hair on his jawline, "But sensing Captain Beauclerc here as well is a nice surprise." As Captain Torasai of the Eighth Division, Sanosuke was just that: "Captain." He was polite, by-the-book, and kept all formalities, evident by calling the Eleventh Division's Captain by both of her titles. As "Sano," as he was known to most of his Division and to Hatsuharu, he was much more laid back. Though the matter was urgent, Sanosuke did not want to overstep his bounds rudely, choosing to greet the two first. "How are you faring today?" He asked of them both.

19. Cuttlefish Merlin's Housekeeper

Sozen looked around then yawned. All he had left was to sign the last paper and the paper work was done for today, possibly. He signed it and put it in its proper place. He felt like 7 hours went by so he check the time, only 30 minutes went by. Sozen then frowned and thought to himself, "What a waste of time, but now that its done no one has to worry any more." Then he set his head on the desk then pasted out. "Why am I so tried....?" He thought, "Maybe because I has Zenata do the work, He more suited to do it than me." Then he was offically out for the time being.

20. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

[​IMG]

"There is always something going on." The young looking girl stated to the Squad Three Captain. "But you know. I never pay much attention at these meetings." she waved her hand around in a cute, dismissive way on the concept of paying attention. "Hmm? We have company."
    Iggy's head turned as a voice bellowed out and the Eighth Division Captain entered the pub. "I sure am popular today. Getting visits from all these Captains." Iggy giggled. "And Sano-kun! I keep telling you to just call me Iggy!" she pouted, but it was more of a joke than of actual annoyance. "I'm Iggy before I am Kenpachi. It's hard enough that my own Squad won't call me anything else, but a Captain who I consider equal should feel free to not be so formal with me." she stated in an unnaturally serious manner, before ruining it when a big grin came to her face and she tilted her head to the side. "Mm'kay?"

Ulquiorra took a step forwards, finally approaching both Starrk and Grimmjow. "Known for your patience or not, we wait." he spoke in a cold monotone, with a look of no emotion towards the blue haired Arrancer. "Trash like yourself has no right to question decisions you cannot understand."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.