Tutorial C4d Sig Tut

Discussion in 'Help' started by Misty, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Misty gimme kiss

C4d tut. For C4d beginners, but should have some knowledge of GIMP.

A note: If you have any problems throughout the tut, either pm me or post it and I’ll try to help you out.

1. Open up GIMP. Make a new file (File>New). I usually use 400x125, but you can use whatever size you like.

(I’m sure we all know what a white image looks like)

2. Open up your render. (File> Open as Layer). Resize and place it wherever you like. I will be using this beauteous one of Gaara. You should have something like this:

[​IMG]

3. Go to the layer “Background”. (The one that is below your render.) Get out your Gradient tool, and set the settings to this: (Note: Make it from the most prominent color in your render to Black. For me, that‘s red,)

[​IMG]

You should get something like this:

[​IMG]

4. Create a New Layer. Fill the entire sig with the Sparks brush. Hide the Layer with the Sparks. Go back to the Layer with your Gradient from Step #3. Go to Filters>Map>Displace. Run a displace by the Sparks Layer, setting it like this:

[​IMG]

You should get something like this:

[​IMG]

5. Take out a c4d, and place it above your render layer. Set it to Dodge at 70% Opacity. Erase the parts that look stupid. Depending on what C4d you used, your result will vary, but this is what I have:

[img=http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/1880/c4dtut6fy2.th.png]

6. Take out another c4d, and place it above the render layer. Set it to either Dodge or Screen, whichever you prefer, at an Opacity that looks good. Erase the parts you don’t like. Repeat this step as many times as you like, but don’t abuse the C4ds. After that, you should have a sig like this:

[​IMG]

7. Add text and a border, and… VOILA! There’s your C4d sig.

Here’s my result:

[​IMG]

Note: If your final result is looking a dark, or it just looks off, Do Edit>Copy Visible. Paste it as a New Layer, and set it to Screen.

A note: Please excuse the sucky-ness. I’m still mastering C4ds, and this is only my second tutorial. I hope it helped you guys!

2. Cody Chaser

Tis a simple c4d tut,I shall try this a little later.

3. Misty gimme kiss

Yeah, I wrote it for beginers to C4d. Also, I thought you might like a C4d tut. : D

4. Cody Chaser

Yeah thanks!...I lost a c4d sig like 2 days ago....made a thread about it.....
    anyways,ill do this and then the other one to warm myself up for the harder one.
    EDIT:OH! by the way....I am thinking of making some kind of tutorial....how do you take pics like
    the ones in your tut(not the sig,like the menus)...

5. Darkandroid Gets it Together

Press the 'Print Screen' Button and paste it into paint, and crop it down in whatever program you wish to just leave the menu.

6. Cody Chaser

7. oblivion9794 Twilight Town Denizen

one question,i'm a beginner so where's the gradiant tool

never mind,found it

what's the c4d
    EDIT:well without the c4d
    [​IMG]

Note from Kuroudo: Please don't tripple post.

8. Akio Traverse Town Homebody

For those of you who know.... you know... =P
    Well, this is a pretty useful tut. I don't use GIMP, so I had to alter my steps a bit, but it works in both GIMP and PS. Here's my result:

[​IMG]

9. Misty gimme kiss

10. Antidote Façade

I can't bloody do that Misty! :'( GIMP is useless to me.. I get everything you have to do to make sigs, but like I had asked you before, I can't get brushes on GIMP because I actually don't have a Brushes folder anywhere :'[

11. Misty gimme kiss

You actaully don't need brushes for this. The Sparks brush is a default, but the brush folder is in My Computer>Program Files>GIMP>share>2.0>brushes.

12. oblivion9794 Twilight Town Denizen

thnx 4 the info,but i finished it already so i'll start another soon,oh yeah,where do u insert the c4d anyway?

one other thing how do u do bordors again(4 text)thnx a lot 4 all the help,i'm just new to GIMP so i have questions,thnx.

13. Misty gimme kiss

You put the c4d anywhere it looks good.

And to add borders, do Script-Fu>Decor>Add Border.

14. libregkd -

15. Misty gimme kiss

Nice result. Only thing I'd suggest is erasing some of the number symbol things from Neo. (That is Neo, right? I saw the Matrix such a long time ago. >.>)

16. libregkd -

17. cronoking Chaser

As usual, misty does great work. So great that she deserved some rep ^_^. I am gonna try some c4d sigs and post here laterz.

18. Dynasteige Merlin's Housekeeper

Hmm, I can't seem to find a good c4d to do this, and exactly HOW to do this.
    I'm working with Axel, any suggestions?

19. Misty gimme kiss

Oh wow old thread, lol.

Planetrenders.net has great C4Ds. Also, if you can find it, a guy named greentunic released some excellent fractals (basically C4Ds). Once you find some, if you're still having problems, I'd be glad to help you further.

20. Dynasteige Merlin's Housekeeper

I still can't find a good one to use >.<