Café Session # 1 - Defacto Opening

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Chevalier, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Well, I began writing just this year. I'm not much of a writer, so it was new to me. I mostly write Fan-Fictions. I've written a few poems (may or may not be for a special girl XD).

What motivates me to write is that maybe one day, I'll strike an original idea and be able to publish it.

2. What? 『 music is freedom 』

When did I begin writing?

A long time ago, actually! The earliest I can remember is third grade where I made some sort of ridiculous non-sequitur story featuring all of my friends in the class (who eventually contributed and it became a large project) and all of our inside jokes from television and video games. It was fairly corny and quite immature, but it was the first step! Ever since then I have been in a perpetual state of "writing something somewhat", as there is always some sort of story at the back of my mind that I, at times, focus on writing when I have time.

What motivates me to write?

Principally my desire to get my ideas across, and also write creative stories. I love human creativity, and I exhibit this by trying to make my stories as interesting and eclectic as possible. I also usually motivate myself through setting checkpoints to reach my end goal and music that is fitting with the scene in question, as stated earlier by a number of people. Music appears to be a fairly popular thing, it appears. For myself, fitting music assists in helping me develop and picture the scene more clearly. Is it the same with all of you, or do you use music slightly differently?

3. Krowley Moderator

Why did you begin writing?
    I guess I was starting Middle school when I truly started to enjoy writing. I remember jotting down notes on lined paper about where it took place and all the other story elements learned from elementary school. I used it mostly as an outlet as nothing exciting ever happened in my childhood. The only thing I enjoyed more than writing the story, were the characters themselves. Namely the villains. I truly believed in giving my characters life in everything they did. I never considered writing as a career, however my teachers highly recommended it after I had made a rhyming children's book. Still not sure on what career I want anyway...

What motivates you to write?
    I often procrastinate so I sometimes post stories online to see if they are worth getting back to quickly. While I do write for my own enoyment, seeing it entertain others is a good motivator. To help motivate myself, I end off most every chapter leaving the reader wanting more. This in turn makes me want to see what's next and begin writing more. I love creating characters, plot twists and dramatic scenes. Biggest motivator I suppose would be my imagination. The stories within my mind is something I want to share with others. whether they enjoy it or not.

4. Stardust Chaser

Why did you begin writing?
    My interests when I was younger, I guess, and school. I mean there were the regular school assignments, I won a poetry contest once in second grade? (haha), all that. But also once I began to discover stories for myself -- whether presented in books, games, films, I didn't care -- and develop a lasting attachment and interest in them is when I started coming up with stuff otherwise. Most of my ideas never ended up written down, but in my mind I would come up with stories, reviews, fanfiction, whatever I could think of. I thrived on immersing myself in the things I loved; I would stay attached to them for long periods (and still do) and I really enjoyed discovering all aspects of the works in question -- especially the creative processes that brought them into existence. I think this curiosity is what drove me to want to experience that sort of process myself.

What motivates you to write?
    Well, passing school most of the time, haha. But also, again, I think it's the creative process behind writing something. Sometimes if I come up with something I like, I just want to put it into words and see how I can express myself through it -- see if it holds up. Some things are better in my head than on paper of course, but it's the desire to see whether that's the case that drives me to express something. 'How can I best represent what my thoughts on something are, or an idea I have?' I guess that'd be a big reason behind my motivation. At the same time, I don't think I'd be writing at all without support from my peers -- friends, family. I tend to have low self-esteem so hearing praise for something I've done can be a really big motivator for me.

5. NikkiNoNo Destiny Islands Resident

Well I first started to write after reading the twilight series. I was able to get creative juices and i joined a competition to write another chapter as if to continue on from Breaking Dawn. Well i did not win, but I was glad to have done it. I was in the 7th grade. Then as I continued I realized their was other types of writing like playwright. This was great since i was in drama. So i did my best in my writing. I still do it now for competitions.

And the reason i write is because i want to give life to my characters. Give them a personality and a life, a family some friends and enemies.

6. Mish smiley day!

My earliest memory of writing something creatively is when I attempted to write poetry. I think I was about nine. Don't all children try their hand at poetry at one point or another, though? It was probably in the curriculum that term at school. Monkey see, monkey do and all that. Nowadays, I can barely find the time or energy to write anything though. :c I'm hoping to change that.

What motivates me to write (and that's not the correct word to use, since all of my 'stories' remain in my head for now) is the feeling of accomplishment that proceeds finishing a project as well as the joy of creating interesting, unique and strong worlds and characters.