Site News Canned Replies

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doukuro Chaser

I just tried Firefox and it worked fine. So I guess it's just IE, and nothing to do with my computer.

2. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Seconded. When I saw them in the settings page I thought you would be picking which ones you wanted and adding them to your list if you liked. Getting all the shared ones in the drop down list is just going to get annoying.

3. Jayn

Please. I shouldn't have to scroll to find my own canned reply from the list.

4. Misty gimme kiss

I'm sorry about the shared thing you guys, working on a way to sort that out. =] Because I just tested it on my own I didn't realize what the shared thing actually did.

5. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

If there isn't a way to remove it (although I do hope there is), then perhaps just make a rule saying not to share canned replies and hope that people do follow it. As well as making sure all people who are currently sharing their replies change it to not share them. :/
    That's the only thing I can think of if the shared option has to stay...

6. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I don't really use a special format but yeah, if there is a way to only have your favourites then that would be a lot easier. But thank you for these, I may have to start formatting my text to be different.

7. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Handy, if I do say myself. c:

It doesn't work on Internet Explorer, though. When you select a canned reply, it doesn't show in the text box. But no one uses IE much anyway. :lolface:

8. Jayn

It is weird to me how this feature actually inspired people to start customizing their text. I know it makes it easier and more convenient for people. But was it really so tedious to do before that it prevented people from trying it?

9. SonGoku Destiny Islands Resident

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! go canned replies!

10. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

It wasn't that it was tedious (at least for me), but I just always forgot to do so. To be honest, I doubt that I'm going to use it that much.

11. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I'm experimenting with it just so I have an excuse to use canned replies.

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

That is basically what I expected. People like messing with new features. And since the reason we got it was for ease of repeated formatting people are trying it out. I'm sure several of the people that started because of this will get tiered of it, though on the other hand there will likely also be people that do hold on to it.

13. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Well... Sorta, yeah. (It wasn't too tedious persay... but since the thing exists now and that makes it easier... it might as well be used for that also right?)
    I mean, I'm mainly using it in RP's but I figured; I might as well use it for normal situations to make my normal text look more pretty too. :P
    It's not such a bad thing lol, and if it does exist (well... since it does exist), it may as well be used for such a purpose if you feel you want to.

But yeah, I think for definite it's greatest strength lies in RP usage. It's saved me so much time and trouble during a lot of posts where I can just click for a canned reply instead of having to go to my usual notepad files and paste in my banners, avatars etc as well as the whole formatted text thing.
    Since not everyone RP's though, of course they should use it for other things.
    :P
    The one weakness it does have right now is the shared thingy, but everyone is aware of that already and it's obviously being attempted to be fixed.

14. Doukuro Chaser

I do. >.>" But lolz, oh wells.

15. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

It's the only browser on our netbook, so I use it when I'm on there. It's really not as bad as its reputation says. Minus a few glitches. >.>

16. Misty gimme kiss

It has truly horrific Javascript support, which is what the Canned Replies primarily use. If you update to the new one though it's pretty good.

Still working on the sharing thing, guys. :'c

17. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I find it odd that the shared list is so stubborn. I would figure they would make an easy way to moderate that. Not only for if forums wish not to use it, but also to stop the list from being overlong and to deal with rule breaking ones. Then again the add ons aren't official so it could just be badly designed in that regard.

18. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I'm not entirely up to date since I've been gone, but the problem is that it's sharing everybody's canned replies with each other, right?
    Isn't there a box that you can check that shares them? When I made mine, the box was unchecked (if anybody can see my Digidestiny Font Reply, then it lied to me B|).
    If there's no official solution or if one can't be found, then the only thing I can think of is for everyone to delete theirs (if that's possible) and redo it without checking the box.

19. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Yeah, that's also what I suggested earlier.
    All people need to do is edit their ones and uncheck the box, and in future nobody checks the box when they make a new one.
    I've not shared any of the one's I've made anyway. lol

20. Misty gimme kiss

That is a temporary solution, yeah. But right now we have no way of knowing who actually submitted the shared reply. >> I want to just edit the page to not have the tick box and, worst comes to worst, reinstall the mod to clean out the shared ones. I would of course give you guys ample warning to back up your canned replies, but I'd really rather it not come to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.